How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Can anyone give me tips on how to get my 15 month old daughter to sleep all night? Shes up between midnight and 1 am EVERY NIGHT she wont go back to sleep until 3 am and then shes up at 6. She just wakes up and thinks its playtime

7 Likes

Following… My daughter will be 2 next month in the 22 and she has never once slept all njght at all shes up at least 2 or 3 time a night some times for a few hours at a time. And this momma cant fuction like that cause im a stay at home mom of 3. I also have a 11 anf 9 year old.

Cut her naps shorter.or if she takes more than one cut a nap all together.

My son would pull that. We finally just put a baby gate across his door. And let him have his playtime. He was already in a big boy bed with a guard rail by then and could get in and out of bed as he wanted. Outgrew it by 2.5 years old

2 Likes

Okay so I have 5 kids. 1 that takes sleeping medicine now cause without it she wont sleep until her body crashes I’m talking about up a week sleep 24 hours and repeat. I have another that decided at 3 he would party like a rock star all night and sleep all day. My best advice is wear her out during the day make sure you do nap time pretty early between 12&3 worked best for mine. Then continue your day that evening. Make sure she’s good and full give her a nice bath and she should rest. Some children are triggered by noise so for the longest time I had everything turned off even the noise of a TV being on and it turned all the way down can be heard. I’ve also done melatonin gummies which helps them stay asleep not go to sleep

1 Like

I swaddled my almost 2 year old in a blanket one time and it actually worked but im sure that may be a fluke :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I learned with my daughter she sleeps better in just a diaper. She doesn’t sleep through every night yet but most nights she does. She also uses a pillow as a blanket so maybe try that or a weighted blanket might help her

I’m not a mom yet but I’m 18 weeks pregnant as of today. As you can imagine being a first time mom I don’t know my head from my butt about what I’m doing so I do a LOTTA research. I found this article, among many others, and I figured it might help you. Nothing beats a try.
The link is to a mom blog about sleep training. It will take a little commitment because your little one already has a habit and as we all know habits are hard to break. Give it a go mom! And if you do also let me know how it works for you!

1 Like

Leave her there to play. My baby does the same thing. When your baby gets tired of playing in crib aka singing and pulling up… flipping over and God only knows what else she will sleep. At this age, she is almost certainly not hungry. Change the diaper and keep it moving. Leave quickly. When she’s tired of playing by herself she will sleep… since she is already over a year old you can give her a blanket or small stuffed animal.

1 Like

Start a schedule? My son has been on a schedule since he was 6 months old. Dinner, bath, playtime, then bed.
Also cut naps down to one a day. Don’t let her nap past 3. Play hard with her through the day.
If she wakes up in the middle of the night offer warm milk and a movie she likes.
My almost 3 year old sometimes wakes up and thinks it’s playtime in the middle of the night. I always let him grab a toy and let him lay in my bed while we watch a movie and he drinks warm milk. It always works

Ur not going to get her to sleep the night. It is completely normal for them to be up at some point during the night

2 Likes

Maybe some white noise or music. I have one of those projector things from Wal-Mart that puts an image on the ceiling and plays all sorts of different music, waves, rain, etc. That might be something to try when they wake up. It’s in the baby section for like $25.

Both of my girls now 2 & 5 would get up and play in the middle of the night. Sometimes they still do. They are in their own rooms singing to themselves or playing with their dolls, I just let them be and we take an extra rest during the day the next day if they need it.

My son, too. 3am and then 6am for the rest of the day. Naps were almost a joke. I stumbled upon rice bran syrup… loaded in B vitamins, looks like molasses. I once accidentally gave my hyper baby too much and he slept for 20 hours. Yikes! But it’s def a relaxing idea. Btw, my son is healthiest ever. I attribute it to dipping his pacifier in it all the time when I didn’t realize my milk wasn’t filling him up. He needed the calories, etc. I also put some in water… a bottle method. My midwife recommended it. Lifesaver!

I have an 8 month old that use to sleep through the night since she was born now a month ago she doesn’t want to sleep or wakes up in the middle of the night so someone told me to get some Melotonin in the baby section I put around her neck an hour before bedtime and she goes to sleep the whole night. I don’t have to use it any more because it is suppose to be used to train your child to sleep.

When she’s wakes up, DON’T go in there to console or try laying her down. I found that when my daughter used to do that, it would make it even worse.
Just keep your monitor up a little bit and if shes just playing, she’s fine. She’ll fall back asleep eventually. Stay in bed and try to rest yourself!

1 Like

This might sound mean, but ignore her.

Put a baby gate up and let her play in her room :slight_smile:

Watch the time when she takes a nap in the afternoon keep her awake if it’s after 3 don’t let her fall asleep

I bought both my grandkids huge stuffed dogs…they slept through the night…just like having a person beside you…

Well she sleeps in a playpen and has an animal but if i dont pay attention to her she screams like freaks out she will get a change and a drink but then she flips when i just lay there

I had some of his favorite stuffed animals in there and as long as he wasn’t crying I just let him do his thing. He eventually went back to sleep