How to get baby to sleep through the night?

I need advice on how to get my almost 7 month old to sleep through the night, I know some babies do it in their own time but he was sleeping through the night at 2 months then went through his 4 month sleep regression so I know he can do it. He wakes up every 2-4 hours. He is sleep trained for naps and the first of the night when he’s put to bed but he won’t put himself back to sleep in the middle of the night :woman_shrugging: he just wants to nurse, I have tried letting him cry it out but it doesn’t work. Any tips or tricks?

7 Likes

Could u pump and put rice cereal in the milk

1 Like

Pick that baby up and love him.

He’s waking up because he NEEDS something. Don’t ignore your child’s needs, no matter how “small” it is.

There’s also a huge growth spurt at 6 months so he’s waking up hungry-so feed the babe.

Sleep is developmental and babe will sleep when babe is ready.

Trying to make a child sleep through the night when they are not ready can be harmful for babe.

7 Likes

Probably a growth spurt. Its something you will just have to ride out.

2 Likes

Deal with it? You’re a mom. Thats what’s happens when you become a parent. 🤷🏻 7 months is TOO DAMN YOUNG TO LET THEM CIO. Be a responsible parent and rock that baby back to sleep. Its not fair to him to wonder why mom isnt picking him up.

Bathe him with lavender soap and them massage him with lavender lotion and it should do the trick. That’s what I do with my baby and he sleeps all night when I do.

2 Likes

He may be hungry. Try feeding him. Babies grow. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Putting rice cereal in with the bottle should do the trick. It will make them more full and hopefully helps them sleep through the night

2 Likes

Growth spurt I’d say he may be hungry from that. Personally I think putting rice in milk is a choking hazard and I was always advised against it.

My daughter didnt sleep through the night until she was 1 or shortly after

1 Like

Going thru this right now with my almost 9 month old, she slept thru the night from one month to six months then completely changed wakes 2-3 times a night now

This is normal. None of my kids consistently slept through the night until they were 2

1 Like

Let him nurse, he will stop eventually !

Babies have a sleep regression stage between 6-9 months. Sooth him, feed him, and lay him back down. That’s all you can do. He will get through it.

1 Like

Pump and put rice cereal in bottle

2 Likes

All 4 of my babies slept through the night as soon as they came home from hospital…now my last baby #5 hes 17 months and still wakes up 2 times a nite! Still waiting for that nite to come when he sleeps all nite!

No nap bath before bed,snack before bed,a fan sound in her room

Only way baby and I slept through the night was co sleeping 🤷 boobs right there for her, we cuddle all night. She almost never wakes up if I’m right there and she’s staying warm cuddling with me.

I’m a 61 year old grandmother. Now I know you young mothers probably don’t want to hear this but when my 41 year old son was about that age. Younger really, he did the same thing. My old granny came to stay and said he wasn’t satisfied so she started feeding him mashed pintos and creamed potatoes with butter and cream and on and on. He started sleeping the whole night through. Grew into a big fine handsome man.

3 Likes

Rice cereal is definitely not going to hurt. Don’t prop in bed and leave though. Also you may have to give supplement bottle. Mine and a friend of mine milk started drying up for some reason. DO NOT LET ANYONE KID YOU BREASTFEEDING DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK OUT THE BEST

Try giving him a Bob my instead of your breast at night. Some times they are not hungry but just need to suckel.

My daughter is 2.5 and still up during night.

I use to give my kids a jar of baby food it help them to sleep ann night.