How to get baby to sleep through the night?

So my 2 year old barely sleeps! She usually takes a nap during the day about 1-2 sometimes earlier if I can get her to. Her naps usually last an hour to an hour and a half. I literally cannot get her to go to sleep until like 11:30 at night and that’s getting my husband to ride her around in the car. (And she usually passes out within 10 minutes of doing so). And then wakes up around 5:30 a.m. if not earlier. I need some serious ideas on what to do. It’s always a fight getting her to sleep.

4 Likes

Same for my lil boy, he just turned 3 and no naps. Lots of outside time is all that helped me…

Around 2 sleep and eating patterns changes. From 0-5 their bodies and minds change so drastically, expect some adjustments around 1yr marks mostly. Around 2 i remember my kids needing more to do daily- anything to exert physical energy through the day. Maybe a dance class or swimming or more walking can help. Set the structure of your los day with some type of plan to excercise more, put your foot down about routine and it will eventually even out

I literally had the same problem :frowning: I just cut out naps and made sure she played hard during the day so she was good and tired making sure she stayed awake till 830 9 in the beginning. I won’t lie it was hard at first but we finally got into a good nighttime routine. Good luck mama, you can and will survive :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

She’s 2 so she probably doesn’t need that nap anymore. Cut out the nap and keep her up and she should sleep an extra couple of hours at night. My son gave up naps a couple of months before he turned 2. He was potty trained and we kept telling him what a big boy he was. He said “I don’t need a nap, naps are for babies. I’m a big boy now.” And that was that. Naps were over. Also stop the driving around to get her to fall asleep. It’s become habit. Put her to bed in her bed and create a bedtime routine. Also my son’s bedtime has always been 10pm. Put her to bed at 10 and she should sleep through until morning.

If you cut out naps i hope you are prepared for severe changes in stability… Stop punishing your kids cause you want to sleep… #momOF5

Stop naps or lower to 1nap. My girl stopped napping at 2yo and she’s fine

Take for a walk before daytime nap and after supper or go to park and play won’t take long to make them tired enough to slee