How to get child support?

What do you guys think about child support? My fiancé BM getting almost 500 a month and I have a 2 month old and I feel like my daughter getting the left overs… and BM is pregnant with another dude and just filed for more money…

47 Likes

She just wants money. She a gold digger

4 Likes

They will credit him for the baby you now have together so she will probably lose money now

5 Likes

Just because you have a child doesn’t mean he isn’t responsible for his first child.

56 Likes

Next time u go to court have him mention for himself that he now has another baby at home he ALSO has to supply for. Her money will most likely drop
*not Completly of course because the 1st baby is still his responsibility but they should work w yall on it considering…

4 Likes

Go back to court they will change everything and when you file taxes have your man file an “injured spouse” you’ll get more back & she’ll get less because he has another kid/family

5 Likes

Is it through a child support enforcement agency? If so they usually do it based off income, but since y’all have a baby now he can let them know and the amount he pays her may go down .

I’ve never known anyone to be able to actually live off of Child Support. Meaning pay all the bills and take care of their child and take care of their self off of Support alone. Support is calculated by both individuals information.

13 Likes

If he had his other child full time, he would be spending more than that on the child…

12 Likes

In GA the babymom who files first for CS gets the most.

3 Likes

Yall need to file to get it lowered since yall have another baby now

In Wisconsin first child gets 17% of income and second child get less n so on. Only goes up if u make more

3 Likes

Quit having baby’s with dead beat losers

16 Likes

Damn wow $500 shes bank rolling! Jk… if it is 20% of his income that’s what he should pay… and that child cost a hell of a lot more than that…if your family needs more money, change jobs or get a second… but that 1st baby deserves support too

Shouldn’t have had a baby with him if he already struggled to support the child he already has…

14 Likes

And her having another child should have nothing to do with his responsibility to his child. Just like yall child together should have nothing to do with his first born child. U said he was ur fiance not ur husband. Meaning he can still walk away and u could end up being in the same postion as the bm. So tread carefully. Thats between him and his bm. If you feel like ur child is getting the left overs maybe he should look into getting more money. As a parent u dont take away from one child to give to other.

20 Likes

Maybe have him go for 50/50 custody :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: then I think he wouldn’t have to pay support … I think parents should have an equal part in raising the children they created anyway …

8 Likes

He needs to get modification papers so he can add the new baby n file them. That way she looses some money, and your babys not getting left overs he is responsible for both of them not just yours. Also if he gets hes kid a few days out of the week or share 50/50 custody that makes her loose money too

2 Likes

It doesn’t go down by much at all with a new baby. In TN just $50 or so a month.

1 Like

In ny for 1 child it’s 17% of gross income. 2nd child its 23%(I’m almost positive) he is obligated to pay for all of his kids. I know when my ex got remarried and had another child, he wanted his cs reduced, the judge laughed at him and told him to flip burgers and take care of the kids he had first

3 Likes

Ummm I mean what I think about child support is if the custody is not truly 50/50 then it’s absolutely owed to the main parent who has the child more. Now how much that’s a different story I get 450 do my youngest and that’s based on his pay i settles for that because I just want him to pay for daycare I could of gotten 130 more but he needs money too and that’s already taking into consideration he has another child he pays for. He sees neither of them due to his actions and when he was it was once every few months. I also have 2 other older children who’s father passed away so it’s just me. He needs to respond to the request of modifications and explain he has a new baby and takes care of you and the baby financially and cannot afford more and if he feels he should pay less then he should request that and how much he feels is appropriate but I see 3-400 as a good amount

1 Like

What I was told when my ex husband tried to get his lowered after he had another child was that child support enforcement is only concerned about the child they have a support order for, your child and the baby mama’s new child has no effect on what he pays for the child the support order is for.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: sad to say but your child will ALWAYS get leftovers. That’s what you get having a kid with someone who already pays child support Js, especially for low income and if you are soley relying on HIS income. You’ll always live in poverty and poor. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

16 Likes

Sucks but you got with him knowing he had another child and those circumstances so yes sadly your child gets the short end of the stick. Especially if you decide to stay with him. First come first serve. Even if you leave your child will still get less than the first.

9 Likes

In Michigan, the first “babymomma” automatically gets the most. When the ex and I were married, he paid an obscene amount of support for his first daughter even though we also had a child together. Now that his oldest is graduated high school and we are divorced, I’m “entitled” to more. But … he also just had a 3rd kid with his mistress … so … yeah. I get by on what he pays, and i work fulltime as well. To keep the peace, i never took him back for more.

2 Likes

His kids need to be taken care of. It’s not just about you

14 Likes

He had kids before you got w him and had a child w him sounds like jealousy to me. My bf pays child support and alimony to his ex and i agree w the chils support but not the alimony only bec she worked thier whole marriage its also not my business bec I wasnt there and dont know what all transpired. Both parents need to support the kids no matter what. My bf pays me child support also and our child is almost 16. We agree on the child support and the bills the way we have it and no one me nor his ex or his 8yr old goes w out.

5 Likes

In my state they dont consider other children when they determine the amount. It’s based on income and when you have another child or even three they say you cant take away from the one.

3 Likes

Thats actually super low. I just calculated how much I would go for our child should we split (lol I’m a weirdo) and it was several hundred over that for ONE baby. Daycare for one child is 500 or more a month. Kids constantly need clothes. Food isn’t cheap. 500 is not bad at all. Sounds like he needs a better job if he has 3 kids. ALSO what the bm does as in get pregnant with someone else is NONE of your business. She can have 10 more babies he owes his minimal 500$.

10 Likes

It would be nice if I received it… haven’t received a payment since feb 19 :rage:

3 Likes

If she is pregnant with another man’s kid. He isn’t paying for that one. As long as it ain’t his nothing will happen. You need to be careful.

Oh you can file while still pregnant?? Note to self. Lol just kidding. Idk I told my baby’s daddy not to mess with my time with my son and I won’t mess with his money. Haven’t seen a penny from him ever. Anytime he wants to see him I let him but that’s hardly ever.

3 Likes

Child support is to take care of the child which he helped create you can’t expect him to throw away one kid just bc he had another one with you doesn’t work that way

18 Likes

I have 2 children one who’s father in military and I get paid what they tell him to pay and the other brings me at least $100 a week like clockwork mainly because he doesn’t want to be under child support and does the same for his othe r 2 kids but to answer your question the first child gets the most money.

3 Likes

I mean this is the nicest way possible, cause ive seen too many mean snotty people in these groups & i dont want to be one of them. You should be proud that you have a man whose taking responsibility for his children!!
Thats not common these days…

12 Likes

The children that were born first come first they’ll tell him to get another job before they’ll lower his support most likely

5 Likes

It costs money to have kids

4 Likes

Comes with the territory

1 Like

If thw dad isnt present and doesnt help I understand the child support having just done it myself. Who cares if she is having another mans baby. That is also your childs sibling not just a bm receiving money. And honestly fathers need to put in the same amount the mother does. My sons father hasnt seen him for years and has only ever bought him a pack of wipes. He doesnt seem to care for his first child only his second trust me having to take child support on someone isnt easy in anyone. It took me 3 years to build up the courage to take him for any kind of help. Always look at it from another prospective. I dont see the problem with her taking child support.

3 Likes

I think the point was that she filed for more just because she is pregnant again. Unless there is a major change in income or custody they won’t revisit support every every 2 years or so. And to the person who thinks 500 is nothing, I don’t know what kind of job your ex has but most men don’t have those kind of jobs. My ex husband was making 100k a year and I only got 630 a month. If you think the majority of people have jobs making that amount your insane

3 Likes

So he’s supposed to stop paying child support so your baby don’t get the left overs? Sorry it doesn’t work that way.

9 Likes

:joy: My kid’s bio is supposed to pay $823/mo. He doesn’t, but…$500 isnt that much. Kids cost money. Get over it.

6 Likes

As a mom with a baby daddy that didn’t want to be a dad and only pays when he pleases, don’t be that bitch that thinks it’s all about you and your baby. HIS child came first and will ALWAYS be first. Don’t be that female.

It varies per state as far as child support but his first child should not suffer because he made a decision to have a second child. That’s why as an adult, part of making decisions on how big of a family to have is/should be decided in part on finances… How many you can afford.

5 Likes

I feel like, if the father is in the child’s life, visits, cares for said child under his own roof, he shouldn’t have to pay child support. Child support really is a broke moms hustle to MOST women. They’re too lazy. Why does the man always have to step up and provide more for a child they both made? And this is true. They should do away with child support. If you can’t take care of a child on your own, then you shouldn’t be having any. Especially this day and age no one stays together. Lol

9 Likes

Lol your bd has two kids. He has to take care of them both. :woman_shrugging:t2: who cares what she’s doing.

10 Likes

I mean is it 50/50 custody or does she have the kid more ?

1 Like

Just because he has kids with you doesn’t mean he suddenly is no longer responsible for the ones he has with someone else.

19 Likes

He made that kid, he needs to handle that responsibility. CS is bare minimum shit anyway.

My ex is supposed to pay 775 for THREE kids and 893 for my one child… It doesn’t matter. That judge decided at that time. He’ll have to get another job or a better paying job.

1 Like

Get over yourself… the baby was there before you and his baby and you knew that before you got with him. Don’t be selfish and jealousy isn’t cute

12 Likes

Shouldn’t matter that she’s having a baby with someone else. It’s his responsibility to take care of the child he had with her. $500 a month is not a ridiculous sum of money

3 Likes

So… My hubby pays $500 a month for 2 children. In the state of Texas, he has the right to a review/appeal of his current payments and arrears every 6 months.
Also, if he wanted to be a dick he could bring his 3 other children’s birth certificates and get his monthly payment lowered further… Yes the older children usually get more, but it can always be adjusted.

I get 230 a month and can’t depend on it. Idk how it’s taken out of his check and the state decides when to give it to me… I went through DHR tho. I don’t think he should pay more cuz she’s pregnant. That’s not his fault. My baby daddy said he made less than min wage but they said they have to put he made at least min wage. I’ve seen other people get more because their baby daddy made good money.

I get 260 a month so quit complaining.

I’m suppose to get 280$ a month that I don’t see. But he lied about how much he was making than he up & left a few states away! :woman_shrugging:t2:

He pays $500 a month for his first kid? And does he get to keep more than $500 a month for your household? He is still responsible for his child regardless and no matter how many he has… He needs to take care of them…

6 Likes

Um. He’s got two kids. He needs to take care of both. No buts about it.

3 Likes

Well my kids dad pays me 542 a month for two kids. It goes based off income… I don’t think shes right for filing for more just cuz she pregnant with another dudes child. But I feel like I had these two kids with my kids dad and he dont help what so ever. I tried to not do child support and all he did was leave me hanging as he took care of another girl and her two kids… and barely takes his daughters … so dont help in that way either and they had a baby too but I’m not lowering because my kids were in the picture first and they already knew they couldn’t afford another kid knowing he has to financially help me with ours and helps with hers. So I dont feel like I should lower it cause they planned to have another child cause theirs was by choice not accident and either way it’s not my problem because when I got a problem he tells me fuck you, so yeah. Idk what their situation is but either way they had this kid before your kid was in the picture and it goes based off what each parent makes.

So because she is pregnant and moved on with her life she shouldn’t recieve child support for the child they share :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Grow tf up.

10 Likes

My fiance had to pay his bm 600 a month! Fucking retarded.

Sadly that is the life if people make babies with multiple people and don’t stay married.

You knew that going in to the relationship. Doesn’t matter how many kids you choose to have,he still has an obligation to that child as well.

2 Likes

Child support derived from communism. Everything was controlled including income and CS was a set price for everyone. Here in the US it is unfair and out of control. My husband pays over 100$ a week for 1 child, but if I were to charge him CS our two children are worth less than him. Now we wouldn’t care so much that he has to pay her the CS BUT she is hiding his son from him (with no legitimate reason other than she’s a spiteful bitch and we just found them after months of searching so we could serve her). So I think there is a place for child support, but not for father’s who aren’t allowed to see their children per their BM (without a valid reason) or if the BM is living off of the state (and working two jobs, one stripping, without the children living with her). She has another kid bc she had a threesome with her mom and her step dad (she said that she did it bc her mom couldn’t get pregnant and she was the surrogate) but the potential father(s) never took a paternity test so she doesn’t receive CS for that kid (who is legally named after the step dad).

Wtf, she’s raising his kid. She gets child support. Get over it-fast!

3 Likes

He should be responsible for all of his kids. He can ask for an adjustment however since he has another child.

2 Likes

He is supposed to hand over enough money, that it remains as if the parents financially did not split. If he gets a good job, it goes up, if he has a crap job, it goes down. You’re child gets whatever you budget as the remainder from what he and you make. It has nothing to do with how much she gets from your fiancé. Work on your budgeting ?

Also, if she’s pregnant with someone else, that’s not your fiance’s concern. She can’t ask for more if it’s not his kid.

I get $106 a month for two kids and that isn’t nearly enough to touch anything I really need to raise them.

3 Likes

Bahahaha jealous grown lady smh

What makes you guys think she didn’t know what she was getting into ? Lol y’all mad and prob on the other side of the situation

2 Likes

A lil flabbergasted by the negative responses…wow. Hun typically the oldest child gets the most. If your SO has a problem paying that, and it’s not much compared to anyone I know, then he can file an appeal, but honestly that’s none of your business as long as he’s still doing his part for you and the child you share

1 Like

My hubby pays $600 a month, we used to pay her $1200 a month and I get $0 from my ex for my kid so :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

OP Update

What makes you guys think I’m mad and don’t want him paying her child support… I mean she has a boyfriend who she is having a baby with and all of a sudden she wants more money … he has a good job and is very responsible but when she is getting herself stuff and not clothes for the child I mean when the child comes over she isn’t clean she doesn’t have clothes that fit her so where is the money going … I knew what I was getting into btw

10 Likes

I dont think about it at all. They’re MY kids and I’ve been doing it myself for nearly 16 years.

Idk what state ur in but Indiana the 1st child gets more $ & so on. I’m supposed 2 get $160 a month but get $40. It is what it is u jus gotta deal with it

Guys… Guys.
What this post is saying is baby momma is pregnant by ANOTHER DUDE

And she is filing for more child support from the father of the first to support the second that’s not even his because the second now makes things too expensive.

5 Likes

You knew she was getting that amount of money. They don’t change that. The first kid always gets the most amount or else guys would have 20 kids with their girlfriends to get out of having to pay child support to their exes :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He can always get it reduced since he has another kid. My S/O was paying over a 1000 a month for 1 kid. We went in and got it reduced because he now has 3 other kids he needs to support that live with him.

1 Like

Well girl, ya sound mad :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

5 Likes

Y’all a bunch of haters. She is clearly expressing something that isn’t easily expressed and she said she feels like her baby is getting the left overs. If any of you ‘women’ wanna say you’ve never felt salty when you felt your child being left out or getting less of, then you’re a damn liar. With that being said, I’m sure it can be hard feeling like your daughter is getting the shorter end of the stick but 500 isn’t really anything. I’m sure you and your family benefit more than 500 worth throughout the household. Now if you are like jealous bc he has to give her money then that’s something you need to get control of and fix. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have extra money for outings or toys all the time. He made that child and it is his responsibility to help. If it hurts y’alls household having to send that money, he should look into joint custody and then no one pays child support. Win/win.

I’m dead of how many of y’all are butthurt lmao sounds like y’all BD aren’t paying you guys enough huh the post never said she wanted to one hundred :100: take away the support … I’m assuming she just wants it fair and the Bm got another kid coming something fishy

2 Likes

Okay? No one told him to have another kid he couldn’t comfortably afford.

3 Likes

500 a month is nearly not enough. Stop being jealous or controlling. He had a child with her he’s got to pay up it goes off of there income.

7 Likes

My ex fiance was paying 750 for his son when we were together. When we broke up his child support was over 1200 for his two boys. If he owes her arrears that is why it will be higher. It will go done once the arrears are paid off.

He can ask for an adjustment but be thankful he is responsible enough to pay cause if it was you getting it you would want him to do right by your child.

3 Likes

If you knew what you were getting into why complain and you nor I or there everyday but I know that you can ask the judge to asl for receipts. I highly doubt thats whats going on and if its fit the judge will make it happen she cant get more money unless the judge okays it. If she has money its probably from her new boyfriend. And its really none of your business what she does in her own time. He mad the baby the baby has to be taken care of and its not the boyfriends job to take care of another mans child. It takes money to feed and cloth a child pay electric or rent water car payment all of those things are nessicary for a child too. If the child came over dirty and never has clothes that fit why havent yall done something about that. So youre just gunna let the child live like that? I think not. Id love to hear her side she was baby momma first. Im sure she says the same things about you.

4 Likes

The oldest child will get the most and the youngest doesn’t get much…I know that from experience…my son was the youngest with 2 older half brothers…their mom was getting well over 400 and I got $50!!!

I swear you guys are just hateful because you are the bm receiving the child support. There is no need to be hateful. She never said she had an issue with the support but that she didn’t think it should be raised. They also obviously see the child so it’s not like the dad isn’t involved and the mom is having to do it all.

5 Likes

There were Maybe 9 months in their lives that they received $80/month… I gave them the card to spend on toys, candy , soda… Several years ago and in this present day, I’ve waived the “support” to his other kids and moms who may/have needed it more than me

2 Likes

I have a man, and a new baby.
My son is 12. His father has paid 500 a month for almost 6 years. Bigger kid, bigger needs. I’m buying shoes 3 times a year, and new clothes at least once every couple months, plus hes eating twice the amount of food he used to.
I asked him to start paying 600 a month, for all these reasons, and he feels about the same way. That its because I have a new baby. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. Nope its because your 6,000 a year isnt even half of the cost of maintaining him…meanwhile he hasnt seen him for almost 2 years, doesn’t call often…

1 Like

She can’t get child support for the second child She is pregnant with but she may qualify for more for her first child depending on her bills and all because now she will have another child to support that will take up some of the money she is getting credit for on her budget they have to fill out. So she could possibly get more for the first.

tell her to get money from the other dude fight her in court for it

1 Like

If she gets any assistance from the state she not gonna see all of that 500 only a portion

1 Like

If it shouldn’t be raised, the judge won’t do it. :woman_shrugging:t2: it isn’t up to her.

4 Likes

She can’t get more money for their child together, unless she can prove his income has gone up. Your husband or whoever he is to you can tell the judge he has another child to care for and they will take that into account not to hire it, but to be mad that your guy is supporting his 1st child with his previous ex is super childish if you ask me. You knew he had a child before you guys had your own. Why complain now? 500 for one child a month isn’t nothing. My ex pays 765 for two kids. He should consider himself lucky.

2 Likes

With my oldest daughter child support factored in what he was paying for his three older kids. What he paid to them didn’t change but my daughter barely got anything until his two oldest became adults. She still doesn’t get as much as the third kid because she’s autistic and he’s only been paying for my child for a year because he kept having it put on hold by appealing it…she’s almost 13 now. But that’s what happens when you get with a man who already has kids.

I personally receive child support from my kids father on an agreed amount of $350. Yes i understand they are his children…but they are also my child who i am also responsible for supporting and raising in life. To many children mothers I feel are just out to make the fathers life miserable.

5 Likes

The first child always gets the most. This way they figure if someone is like oh well he doesn’t take care of his first kid but he’ll take care of OURS they thought wrong :woman_shrugging:t2:

Your fiancé needs to take of all of his children. Her being pregnant with “another dude” doesn’t mean anything. She’s allowed to request an adjustment based on his current income.

That’s what happens! As the kids add up the younger get less🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Look if your man has to pay child support for the previous child he had before any with you…then be glad he is with your child because the other child is not with their daddy as much. It is hard being a child from separated parents as it is so money shouldn’t be the main issue. Think of the child…

12 Likes