How to get my kid off formula?

My first one. I had switched over to pediasure (I think is the spelling idk haha) but it comes in vanilla , chocolate , and I think strawberry flavor. It’s expensive tho. And you have to make sure you’re brushing their teeth :+1:t2:

My mother use to put a little of suger in my older brothers milk. Or try some chocolate syrup.

Put a bit of sweetener in the milk. I used sugar but what ever you prefer would be fine.

Milk is not a necessity. You can give your children calcium rich foods and they will be fine. Quit giving formula, there’s no need after 1 year old unless the pediatrician says there is. If they refuse water, juice or whatever, they won’t for long.

3 Likes

They have this maybe this might help its kinda expensive

My kids wouldn’t drink regular white milk I had to add chocolate or strawberry to it

Try warming up the milk

Or try almond milk. Has more calcium than cows milk. You can get the vanilla one to try out

Just stop. He will drink something else eventually

2 Likes

If he’s thirsty, he’ll drink something else. He won’t stop being you don’t stop.

Have my children a bottle of lukewarm

Tea like we drank it

Just stop giving it. Don’t give in.

1 Like

You’ll have to quit cold turkey, don’t worry when he’s thirsty enough he’ll drink something,

1 Like

I switched to Nido milk powder when my son did the same thing. It healthy for them to have that after the age 1.

I agree with most people. Stop giving in, he’ll drink whatever you give him when he’s thirsty enough

I quit cold turkey after giving mine the mixed bottles for a while.

Add a tiny bit of sugar to milk

If he’s fine with the formula and regular milk being mixed, you can mix it and just wean him down very gradually, using less and less formula until it’s 100% regular milk. If you’re getting that much resistance it would probably be a smoother transition to do it very slowly.

I always say healthy kids and dogs won’t starve or dehydrate themselves just give him the whatever milk you want him to drink and he will eventually drink it.Continue mixing it with formula and slowly add less if you need to.Unless you want new problems don’t mix sugar,chocolate or other stuff in so he drinks it…that is not good advice.

Stop giving it to him. When he realizes he’s not gonna get it, he’ll start drinking other stuff. He’s not gonna starve.