How to get pregnant after Mirena?

I had my mirena for 5 years had it took out in June and another one put in well in December I had it took out and my periods started back up in February here it is April and I’m not sure why I have not got pregnant again I have 2 other children so I wouldn’t believe I’m not fertile anymore

1 Like

It takes upto a year for the hormones to leave you system that stops you from getting pregnant

You have to give your body time to get back to normal. It takes a while.

I had mine for five years as well and when I got it taken out it took me 5 months to get pregnant with my son.

It can take a while to regain your fertility

A friend of mine had the mirena and it took her quite a bit to get pregnant after it was taken out…

Doctor told me it takes 6 months to a year to get pregnant Got pregnant in 2 days and doctor was shocked :woman_shrugging:t2: Everyone is different

I had it in for 3 yrs got it taken out and it took me 6 years to get pregnant. It’s different with everyone. I would suggest to stop trying it will happen when it’s supposed to. Good luck

It took me six months to get pregnant after having mine removed. Relax it will happen

Everyone is different I had my mirena taken out in early December 2016 and was pregnant by end of January 2017

Takes awhile for the hormones to work themselves out of your body. Give your body time. I was told it could take up to a year to conceive. I miscarried after 3 months. Then took me 9 months after the loss to have a successful pregnancy.

I hear a lot of stories of people falling pregnant while dieting. I fell pregnant 3 months into my keto diet, however i didnt do the typical high fats keto with heaps of red meats i still tried to eat a bit more healthy and go low carb not full keto with intermittent fasting and low impact cardio e.g walking plus get all blood works done and make sure you start folic acid before falling pregnant and importantly during first trimester too.