How to get pregnant?

Fan question

Seeking advice on conceiving.

So this may sound really weird, but my hubby and I are trying for baby number 2. I always pee after sex, but does that make my chances of getting pregnant go down? I wouldn’t think so but just figured I’d ask lol

1 Like

No. Peeing after sex is good and is to reduce risk of infection afterwards. Has nothing to do with conception.

9 Likes

No, you are supposed to pee after sex, to reduce risk of infection!
Just stop thinking about making a baby! And just have sex! It will happen

3 Likes

I don’t believe it does. But definitely good to pee after sex, it helps reduce the risk of UTIs and other infections!

3 Likes

I would give it ten mins with ur hips/legs raised first, but peeing after is a good idea.

6 Likes

No girl lol your pee comes from a different hole then ur vagina so it dosent have anything to do with conceiving.

Stop trying . if you was on birth control it can take some time depending on the type you was on.

2 Likes

No. Once the sperm is inside its swimming lol.

pur baby shoes over the bed for good luck

This might have some good tips. Good luck! 6 ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant - Today's Parent

1 Like

Yes. Has to do with gravity

2 Likes

Peeing after sex would not hurt your chances there was probably plenty that stayed in you peeing after sex is good keeps you from getting infections

4 Likes

Say i dont want another baby three times fast. Then boom your prego lol.
Seems like it works everytime for me lmao

16 Likes

yes it does… you need to lay elevated for 15 min atleast … i did fertility for years… this is what we were told to do… you pee right after your pushing out sperm too…

4 Likes

:wave::wave::wave:
No late night Fluids.
:wavy_dash: 37% chance of Pregnancy. If u Have Sex Everyday.
Maybe u should do it every other day.
:eggplant::bagel:

1 Like

I am NO HELP HERE…I HAVE 6! EVEN HAD A C- SECTION and TUBAL WITH #5… 11 months later Twins.

2 Likes

I elevated my hips with my legs in the air every time we did it. When we were trying for our second. Also start taking prenatal vitamins.

Take prenatals and track your cycle! I used ovia fertility and we did it like rabbits on the days i was heavily fertile. Elevate your hips after​:relaxed: peeing after will only help you from getting a UTI or something. The last time we had intercours before i got my positive he said “BAM YOUR PREGNANT” :joy::woman_facepalming: sure enough a week and a half later positive

1 Like

No you dont pee the sperm out the little swimmers can live inside you for 5 days before dying off so track your cycles and learn to when you are highly fertile

3 Likes

Confused why urinating after wards would affect the sperm in uterus? One comment was to lay for 15 minutes before urinating. So hold it in for 15 min? Afraid I wouldn’t make it to bathroom by then. Personally I don’t think urinating after destroys your chances.

no, it just decreases your chance of getting a uti. sperm can live in the uterus for anywhere between 5-7 days!

1 Like

Idk for sure, but I admit that when I finally got pregnant with #2, it was the night I just laid in bed and didn’t get up to pee until morning. So… maybe it depends on your husband’s sperm count and the shape of your vagina? I know when I sit down after sex, it certainly comes pouring out, which it didn’t do until after I had my first. :thinking::woman_shrugging:

I always pee after sex, I tried for a baby for over a year because I have fertility issues. I’m pregnant now due in March. I’ve had so many UTIs, peeing after sex is a must. It won’t affect the sperm at all, they can in you for a few days.

Peeing after sex lowers the risk of a uti. Lay on your back for 5-10 minutes after sex before going pee, it gives his swimmers more of a chance to get up in there before sitting on the toilet. For anyone wondering, the pee hole (urethra) and the vagina are different holes, so pee doesnt “wash” the sperm out, but the gravity of sitting on the toilet immediately after may lower the chances.

No it does not. If that was true then probably 80% of our population would not be here

1 Like

No the cervix is not connected to the uretha. I know its hard to believe but we dont pee out of our vaginas. Lol. Please know your body.

2 Likes

For all of you people acting like it’s a ludicrous question - it’s not. Urinating requires you to get out of bed which puts pressure on your pelvic floor, sitting to urinate also puts the vagina in a position where gravity is more likely to have an impact, and releasing urine requires a relaxation of pelvic floor muscles, also increasing likelihood of semen coming out of the vagina. Now I’m not saying that there isn’t a good amount of sperm that get through and start heading towards the egg prior to getting up, but there is a reason why fertility experts suggest laying in bed for 10-15 minutes after - to give the most number of sperm the best chance. OP is probably best helped by asking her OB for advice, but no need to act like her question was ridiculous.

Sperm does come out when you pee. Not all of it obviously but a good amount often. I’d say give them a few minutes to get all the way up there then go pee.