How to get rid of chiggers?

OK mom’s my little one got into a patch of chiggars in his groin area what is a tried and true way to help relieve his itch besides over the counter anti itch cream

18 Likes

Clear nail polish suffocates…but ask Dr. First depending how young

1 Like

Paint them with clear fingernail polish.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do that around that area… I would do an oatmeal or Epsom salt bath

4 Likes

It’s a myth that chiggars get under the skin. They don’t. Treat them like any other bug bite. Maybe a cool bath followed by some hydrocortisone cream.

1 Like

It’s a myth that chiggars get under the skin. They don’t. Treat them like any other bug bite. Maybe a cool bath followed by some hydrocortisone cream.

1 Like

Oatmeal bath in pharmaceutical dept.

They have chiggar medicine at Walmart that works really well. I think it’s called chiggar aid. Oatmeal baths are good also

2 Likes

Aveeno bath- it’s oatmeal- works for eczema itch! Or get some calmoseptine ointment- it’s over the counter- ask pharmacist for it. Not every pharm carries it.

neosporin will stop the itch and heal bites. my son got them a lot, everywhere!!!

Calamine lotion , bakingsoda spray , the spray you get when you give birth ? Dermablast i think

Clear polish is a terrible idea I tried it and it is very painful witch hazel took away some of the pain and itch and helps to dry them up faster

2 Likes

Rubbing alcohol over the affected areas. It will clear right up!

I always used Chiggerex at Walmart.

1 Like

We used to get eat up with them. Little tiny red mites. The best thing for them is salt water bath. Be free with the salt. It will kill the chiggers. Let your child soak for about 15 minutes. Dry off. This worked for us.

1 Like

Clear fingernail polish will turn scaly lol

Put him in a swimming pool if possible

1 Like

Believe it or not, but I have always painted them with clear nail polish to smother them

2 Likes

I would call the doctor.

1 Like

Warm bath with baking soda

1 Like

Melaleuca oil or tea tree oil

How do you catch chiggers

2 Likes

Clear nail polish always does the trick

2 Likes

Just put ice on the bites. It will numb the area therefore no itch.

Not nail polish on his privates!!!

1 Like

Clear nail polish suffocates them

1 Like

My grandmother would paint over them with nail polish. It is weird and looks ugly, but it works
Supposedly it cuts off any air to the chiggers and they die

1 Like

Clear finger nail polish

I would go to the doctor

Milk of magnesia… my pharmacist recommended it when my son had a rash a slow of prescriptions didn’t touch. Just put in on and let it dry low as ve it for a while rinse and reapply til gone

Give Benadryl for itching… possibly if there is a lot of swelling some ibuprofen. And Caladryl lotion on chigger bites. They are really bad in some areas. Spray kids down before going outside. Mosquitoes and gnats are bad this year, the river is up.

Make chigger butter. It’s just butter and salt. It’ll kill em for sure. My 82 year old grandmother taught it to me and it works!

Oh my. You better ask a doctor this a very sensitive area. You dont want to harm him.

Finger nail polish works every time just let him know it’ll burn a bit if he’s Scratched his skin open any it burns but blowing on it makes the sting go away right away. Plus dab a bit of ice cold water on your fingers to put onto the wet nail polish it makes it dry almost instantly. Good luck!

Clear nail polish or rubbing alcohol will get rid of them chiggers are nasty lil boogers

My little cousin got chiggers on his groin best to take him to the dr than try to put stuff in that sensitive area

Go to the dr or pharmacist. Immediately.
If a male has been bit around/on his genitalia, home remedies will not cut it.

1 Like

Calamine lotion and one cap full of Bleach in a warm bath to kill them

I always dabbed clear finger nail polish on the bites. It works if you only have a few, but, if you’ve got patches do the salt water bath. If you can tolerate it, use benadryle lotion afterwards. If it is really bad, seek medical advice.

To add a bit of humor to this, somewhere in the Hill Country of Texas, there is a small ranch. It’s called "Chigger Ridge " I am not envious of the owner!