How to get rid of head lice?

Nitty gritty combs are the best combs! Cheap conditioner, blather their heads in it and comb it through! Has to be done every day until nothing is seen on the comb. Make sure you wash bedding and sofa covers!

1 Like

Shave their heads and dye your hair. And then tea tree oil everyone good

Use the shampoo AND a lice comb. Remember you have to dry everything (heat kills them apparently??..I’ve always washed and dried 💁)

Shave thier hair and wash and dry all bedding.

Smother the hair with olive oil every night. Use cap if you want. Then wash with tea tree shampoo. It took me a couple weeks but they were gone

And our hair felt so soft

Definitely second the teatree oil shampoo, my mother used it on me and i never had lice once. Dont know :100: if it was because of it but hey worth a try

1 Like

Mayo and leave it in over night. Boil brushes, hair ties, etc. Bag anything soft and fluffly, pillows, stuff animals, etc. For at least 48 hours, I’d honestly do it for 72 hrs. Do NOT put oil or product in their hair after you do any kind of lice treatment. My doctor told me that is the biggest mistake people make is putting shampoo, oil, mousse, etc. in their hair after doing a lice treatment. Using those products put a coat over the hair making any kind of treatment you have done ineffective and let’s the eggs that are left hatch, thus recreating the whole problem. My niece has long curly hair and it took us almost 2 weeks to get rid of it completely but that’s because we were putting product in her hair after treating it, not knowing it was counterproductive. Hang in there momma and just stay on it. Also they have an every day shampoo you can use that is supposed to protect against lice. They have them at Walmart and Target.
Oh I almost forgot, if they are old enough you could dye their hair, the chemicals in the hair dye kill lice as well! Good luck!

Comb comb comb, bag everything that cannot be washed, boil all hair supplies, and wash everything else constantly! Spray your furniture, beds, carpets and vacuum daily.if your vacuum has a bag you have to replace it daily. Turn into a mama monkey and pick those nits out daily. It will be a long and expensive process but it will work.

I preach by this method. Currently use it on 2 girls who are lice and egg free and live in a lice infested home (not mine) … Mayonnaise in the hair. Rub all in the scalp and hair. Cover with a shower cap or plastic bag over night. In the morning, rinse it out. Use 50/50 vinegar/ water mixture and use it as if a shampoo. Wait like 5 minutes and wash it out. Comb through with a lice comb to get all the stuff out. They will be dead. You can wash again if you want. I promise they won’t smell like a sandwich or salad lol. That method kills both eggs and lice. I also put tea tree oil in their shampoo when I can but if not, I always make sure they use coconut oil in their hair. Lice hate that too. It’s like a repellent.

PS I work at 3 different schools ranging kindergarten to 5th grade and I have yet to catch it just by using coconut oil in my hair. And I’ve been there almost 5 years. Also you have to wash everything they sleep on. They can transfer to bedding. Even carpet and animals. So just treating the hair will not solve it completely. Unless you caught it early enough that it didn’t spread already. I wish you the best.

Poor rubbing alcohol on their hair and wrap in a plastic shopping bag for about 30 min. Everything will die under those circumstances. Then wash hair as normal.

Coat the hair with mayonnaise leave on for about an hour, you can use a plastic bag ,wash out, every night every person in the house for ten days, remove nits with nit comb, this works event with out doing all the bedding and car and all and is good for your hair.