How to get rid of sugar ants?

I live in an apt on the 3rd floor and lately ive been finding sugar ants. We’re pretty clean in general. Ive mopped the kitchen floor woth bleach water, vacuumed up any crumbs from all the corners and nooks and crannies, sprayed straight vinegar to clear up the scent path. Its not working. I dont do bugs which is why I keep it pretty clean. Not sure if the vinegar is working or if there is a way to find out where they are truly coming from. Im sure they started from my 4 yr old dropping a crumb on the kitchen floor and it not getting picked up but still I cant rest till I stop them.

50 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get rid of sugar ants? - Mamas Uncut

Mint extract. Put it on cotton balls. In window seals. Rub some behind faucet on sink.

Terra and traps from the store. They take it back to the best and it kills them all. Let them get some and take it back and then kill the scent trail

4 Likes

go to dollar store, find ant traps, set them in places that the toddler wont find, and where you find them most!!!

Spray oily stuff like cooking spray Wd40 works on most

Call your manager and they will call the exterminator to come and get rid if them. Sugar ants aren’t because you are dirty or your 4 yr old dropped a crumb! Otherwise half of us would be covered in them lol!! Try not to panic and just keep doing what you are until the manager gets them there.

Terro ant gel. Works amazing

1 Like

I swear by this stuff!!

1 Like

Honestly the raid max was the best…

Ants don’t come for a crumb.
That said, you need an exterminator. Preferably for the building bc they are coming from another apartment into yours. Until the 1st and 2nd are treated, you’ll never get rid of them.

I sprinkle a Lil of their favorite food on the sticky traps and put them where I find them

Borax, put it (and you can mix it with baking soda) around where they are coming from or just your baseboards in general and they don’t like baking soda and take the borax back to the nest and kills it

1 Like

I can’t remember the name, but they have little traps for ants. They have a poison and they draw the ant in and the ant gets the poison thinking it’s his food and takes it back to his home. I SWARE BY THESE!!! They are amazing!!! I’ll Google them real quick see if I can find them.
Found them!! Get these, hide them from kids and animals, and ur ants will disappear!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Terro gel is awesome. Next time you see the ants, try to backtrack any trail they’re creating. A tiny hole in the floor board or crack in a window screen. Then, spray that entrance point with some bleach cleaner. Always worked for me, killed the trail.

1 Like

Borax and icing sugar on the floor , they bring it back to the hive and it kills them off

Not sure where you are but this is what I use. Works really well and kills the ants fairly quickly. Walmart, home depot, lowes, amazon, etc sells it.

5 Likes

You need find the source…call a bug guy, Until the main source is treated you will never get rid of them

1 Like

So if u put flour where they are coming in from they will eventually stop ants can’t digest the gas from the flour they blow up n die

1 Like

Place cloves in the area where there are ants

1 Like

Place some drops of peppermint essential oil & swipe it into all the corners & swipe into all the nooks & crannies between the counter tops & walls. It’ll help to deter them

Home defense from lowes

1 Like

Ant traps. I bought Raid and the other brand and used BOTH. I just left them on the counter. That worked.

1 Like

I am currently in Arizona and we use a pet and child friendly spray

When I had a coffee shop I use to take bounce dryer sheets and go along the floor boards and rub the sheet on them. Kept them away for months.

3 Likes

Borax and corn meal. They take it back to their nest, feed their young and inevitably perish. You may be able to get away with just straight corn meal.

1 Like

Baby powder and Zevo

Vinegar everyday for about a week and also ant traps.

It really does depend on where you live. I live in Texas and when it is super hot they come inside because it is cooler in your house. And they can also find water. When they come in our house I just spray them with ant killer and just trace the entire line with that. Also make sure there is no reason they are coming inside like a piece of candy or dog or cat food laying down.

1 Like

Get Terro Ant Killer follow directions,it will get rid of them.

4 Likes

Buy Torro usually available at hardware stores or Walmart. It is a gel you put on tiny piece(s) of cardboard. They will take it back to their nest and kill the others. It worked for us.

3 Likes

Borax in a solution of water with honey or sugar. Soak a cotton ball in it and place around the house where you see them. They are drawn to sweet things.

1 Like

In an apartment it may be due to nasty neighbors I’d bug spray around to walls to prevent and coming through. Also verify there aren’t any cracks in the walls and fill those is you can

2 Likes

Mix baking soda with sugar, equal amounts n spread in the baseboards, the sugar attracts the ants n the baking soda kills them, worked for me

1 Like

Tarro ant traps work the best, they fit easily under oven and away from your pets, i had ants always eating the cat food out of the dish, i went and bought a placemat and put the trap under it and they went away. I would also put them in the window sill between windo and screen to keep my pets safe.

2 Likes

Tat ant spray will never see them again

Cinnamon. Sprinkle it on the countertops.

1 Like

I just use lysol disinfectant spray after a few uses they’re gone.

1 Like

Sidewalk chalk. They won’t cross it.

Get some boric acid mix it 50/50 with some sugar sprinkle this in the highest ant traffic area the ants will carry the boric acid back to the next to feed the young solving your little problem, and your ant problem most likely came from a neighboring apt

2 Likes

My ex use fo work for bug company in fl…they would mix borax and peanutbutter…take a plastic straw and put a slice down it…(cut in a few lengths) then fill them with the mixture…place around sinks, windows where ever the prob was and within days the ants eat it…take it to the nest and problem was taken care of.

4 Likes

Cinnamon powder. Sprinkle it where they are coming from or where their trail is and they hate it

2 Likes

Pop bottle with small holes in it mix borax and sugar with a small amount of water put it where you see ants.

Terro ant bait by their trail (tucked away from pets and kids.) they’ll be gone in a day or two. Don’t spray them, they’ll spread

1 Like

Buy ant baits at dollar store. Works great

Ant baits. Also treat your windows and entry ways as they are common places for bugs to enter especially with doors that have imperfect seals.

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs11.pages.dev/

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs40.pages.dev/

Ants will keep coming back once they’ve found a way into the building. Go to your local exterminator and ask for the take home treatments or just call the apt manager and ask them to handle it but depending on who they are that may not go how you’d like it to. My property manager bought a bottle of home defense from home depot and dropped it off for us to spray lol. That was the first of many unsafe and unsanitary living conditions which lead to us reporting that home and ultimately being evicted in retaliation for it mid shut down June of 2020, leaving us homeless with our business and 2 kids for 3 months. Now the only landlord that will accept us is a slumlord that won’t run checks🤷‍♀️ The house I was so grateful to get after all of that and am still in has roaches and the owner has never helped with it… We payed a pro $300 to come before we moved our stuff in and then spray every 30 days for the past 2 years. I still see a few here and there after the girl downstairs for a year wouldn’t allow her level to be treated so now we’re basically back at square 1🤦‍♀️ Idk but I’d WAY RATHER it be ants to be real with you! That entire situation ruined my families lives and not a soul anywhere seems to gaf either, it’s crazy.

1 Like

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs54.pages.dev/

Diatomaceous food grade powder kills insects without poison. It is actually used as an additive for dog food and some farm animals. Put it along the window sills and along the walls. So it’s safe for pets and kids and it works really good.

Ortho home defense works for us. When we first moved in to this place there were ants coming in like crazy through the front door. Literal army of ants. Now they die outside by the front door. Safe for kids and pets, just let it dry, don’t let them touch it

4 Likes

I live on a top floor all kind ants I had to sweep mop every day bleach water plus carpenter ants from a tree then that tree got cut down thank god.plus had crumbs from kids also

Call Maintenace to spray for ants on the outside of the apt as well as the inside.

1 Like

Dawn dish liquid on your counter will keep them off if you make a barrier

Peppermint. Bugs and spiders hate it.

Line their entrance with cinnamon, it’s a temporary fix while you get the building to address!

Get some of those ant motel traps. Put them where you usually see the ants and you should see a significant decrease in ant traffic. I live in a big, old house and they were the best solution I’ve come up with.

I boiled cinnamon sticks and used the water to mop. I sprinkled cinnamon powder around the walls once a week. They have not been back :smiling_face:

Your appartment most likely has sand in the walls if it’s an old building, most do which means ants unfortunately. I used to use the Ant bait traps and they worked really well

1 Like

I use liquid Terro Ant Baits. The ants are gone in about 48 hours.

1 Like

Goe to Lowes and get any killer

Buy ant traps and place them every couple feet around baseboards. Supposedly ants collect their dead.

1 Like

Idk I haven’t had ants in 3 years .I clean to much .my grandbabys and kids come to visit and right after they leave I start cleaning lol.so I really haven’t seen any in my house for a long time .I’m thankful tho

I tried a million natural solutions to the ant problem we had a few year ago. Nothing worked. I ended up calling pest control and they put down some stuff (safe for my dog) and they were gone in 48 hrs. It was the best $200 I ever spent. Ants are hella annoying!!

Our pest control told us not to use vinegar bc it attracts them.

Borax and add sugar to it theyll eat it and they’ll die

1 Like

Dawn dish soap works great

Leave the bait in your cabinets and underthe sink

if you live in an apt, the management should be made aware, Because if you clear them up, your downstairs neighbors could also have them & they will be back soon, So the whole building should be sprayed

4 Likes

I live in the country now but had these in the main areas of our apt and these work awesome. It takes a few weeks for optimal results.

Lemon grass essential oils…

The whole building needs to be sprayed

Look up shunting natural to get rid of em but also safe for you and baby.

1 Like

I use cinnamon and it seems to help. They could be coming from a neighbor even, if one apartment has a bug problem, more than likely, they all have a bug problem. It’s rare if it doesn’t spread.

I just successfully used that new clear kind Z something

Bygon (poison) if you can get some and sprinkle it outside of the apartment where they come in. It’ll kill the colony in 1-2 days and you can just wipe or vacuum it away.

I have been seeing people posting good comments about Lisa jennifer, I never knew her strategy was good as this, she has changed the life of so many traders today through her strategy and guardian.
Contact her.:gem:

I want to use this opportunity to tell investors out that Mrs Lisa Jennifer is legit and trustworthy account manager in binary option trade still.
I just had to post this because it would be ungrateful of me to keep this achievement to myself. I just received my second payout after investment and I am so happy to announce that I have seen a genuine account manager who transform my entirely family. I’m grateful Mrs Lisa Jennifer you can contact her on Facebook

My joy knows no bound right now,Mrs Lisa Jennifer has really been so kind to me and everyone out there she also helps, and i know how it feels to help people. With my investment start up capital plan I earned my desired amount after 5 days. And right now my finance is back on track and I can now afford the car i have been hoping to buy all thanks to my
Bitcoin account manager
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Black pepper or cinnamon will break the scent trail

I never believe it can come out this way so far with my manager Mrs Lisa Jennifer,I just want to use this medium to say thank you for all your good knowledge of management I personally receive my Cash out yesterday , I’m so much grateful for adding much value to my account yesterday ma’am …you can reach her via

am always happy with the perfect trade have gone through with the help of a young lady Mrs Lisa Jennifer… At first it was so stressful but at the end it was fantastic she has made me understand the fact that money is for smart people so i followed her strategies and now am coming out with a flying colors💯 i love this manager she’s the only one i can trust… You can reach now

You need to contact the landlord or management of your apartment and request that pest control comes in and sprays. If one apartment had them, the connecting apartments will have them too. Anything you do yourself would just be a bandaid solution and they’ll keep coming back.

2 Likes

I knew bitcoin was real, but I was afraid to invest because of the stories i heard about people being scammed…then my friend told me about Mrs Lisa jennifer I reluctantly tried her and behold…I wish I’d known her earlier. I’m not begging or convincing anyone to invest, but if you have to let it be Mrs Lisa jennifer Contact her via Facebook link below…:point_down::point_down::point_down:

When you work with a trustworthy Account Manager who trades with the right broker, you are sure to succeed in bitcoin mining / binary options trading. I am happy that I finally came out with my first successful withdrawal, although it was difficult for me at first if not for the great help from Mrs Lisa jennifer, I am so happy to have found my mentor and I still look forward to more successful withdrawals. You can contact her through this link

Call your land lord!

1 Like

Vinegar. Wipe everything with it. Including your floors. Especially doors and windows

You need Alpine WSG and Advion ant bait. Exterminator here :raising_hand_woman: I would suggest hiring a company though

I used cinnamon and it really worked and they didn’t come back either!! Ya just have to put up with a line of cinnamon for 2-3 days but it was well worth it to have them gone for good!

Invest a little more to find. Where they’re coming from it could be an apartment around you

They might be in the walls. Terro ant bait when ur kiddo is in bed set it out where u see them the most. It draws them then they take bait back to nest & they die