How to go through with divorce while pregnant?

Has anyone ever gone through divorce whilst pregnant? If so how did you handle it

18 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to go through with divorce while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

Im not going through a divorce however I’m currently separating from the father of my 1yr old and I’m due end of next month.

2 Likes

One day at a time, I moved to the spare bedroom, 6 weeks after birth I moved out. It was a trying time but can be done.

1 Like

I have. The relationship was very toxic. At first I was a mess just cried and cried, but as I got further along I almost felt relieved. My baby wasn’t going to grown up with fighting, yelling and infidelity. One day at a time. It may be so unbearable now but soon you will feel at peace. Prayers for you.

4 Likes

You can’t in most states. You have to wait until the baby is born.

6 Likes

Depends on your state I know here in Ohio they won’t let you do it they know your pregnant they make you wait til you have the baby then your allowed to file.

We started the proceedings while I was pregnant and was finalized after birth. Only after birth because my daughter was born at 24 weeks so the process was stalled. My ex husband found out I was pregnant then met his girlfriend on a Wednesday and was moved in with her by Friday. They both made my life a living hell. But it gets better over time

The answer is not as simple as it seems. Divorce laws, like marriage laws, vary from state to state. Some states – for example, Texas – will not finalize a divorce until after the woman is no longer pregnant. There is a presumption of fatherhood on the part of the husband, even if both parties profess otherwise. The courts will only grant a divorce once the child has been born and paternity has been established.

Other states have no laws prohibiting a dissolution of marriage during pregnancy, but a judge may still refrain from granting a divorce until after the baby is born. The purpose of doing so is again to establish paternity. Only then can it be determined whether child support is warranted on the part of the husband.

Judges will sometimes refuse to grant a divorce in which the wife is pregnant in order to avoid having the couple return to court later over child support and child custody rights. Waiting until after the baby is born allows the court to address all of the issues surrounding the divorce at one time. In addition, it helps to ensure the child receives sufficient support until paternity can be proven. It may take several months to establish parentage. If the marriage is legally dissolved prior to the child’s birth, the child may be left without adequate support during that period.

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19395 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. https://homesystem5.netlify.app/

You can’t complete a divorce until the baby is born because you can’t fight custody and child support until it’s born.

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19487 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. https://homesystem21.netlify.app/

As far as I know you have to wait till the baby is born.

1 Like

So I started my divorce from my exhusband when I had a 4 month old and was 1 month pregnant with our second (he was cheating with roommate and asked for divorce). You can start the divorce/co-parent classes (those are mandatory in my state that you have to have to finalize the divorce), and some of the paperwork and initial request. But legally you cannot divorce until you give birth. In my state the only way you can is if

1. he is not the father
  2. you choose not to legally declare him the father on the birth certificate(he would have to also not want to be the father legally and be okay with no custody ever) This means you would not be able to go after him for child support either.

Nope thankfully not don’t plan on it either

Many states doesn’t allow getting divorced while the wife is pregnant.