How to handle cabin fever?

Babies are born with some immunity and they will acquire more as their bodies fight little germs. When he comes in from outside does he take a shower and change his clothes before he picks up the baby. Germs cover him from being in the different environments he has been in during his day. Fresh air is great for you and the baby. Not to mention your mental health. Tell him to chill out and take that baby for a walk outside .

2 Likes

We took our kids on walks days after they were born. As long as its not too humid or muggy they are fine. And they need the exposure anyway to strengthen immune systems

I would go stir crazy too! Everyone needs fresh air including babies!

Simple, stop asking for his permission.

3 Likes

Jeez. You need to get counseling ASAP. He doesnt want to go. Okay. You go. Because believe it or not this is how domestic abuse starts and you need to break free before it starts getting physical.
Plus he’s not your father, nor is he superior in any way. Put on your big girl pants and walk out of the house with that baby.

6 Likes

Baby is suppose to adapt to your everyday living like grocery store visits, doctors, mall etc. As long as they are napping it’s healthy for them to get outside or just go out in general. Your husband is being controlling, making excuses so that he can control you, this has nothing to do with baby. He must think all us mamas are terrible then because we all take our kids out! You want to expose them to some germs and the baby deserves to get fresh air too, it’s kinda mean to just keep them locked in the house.

4 Likes

Mommasbabydaddysmaybe take that baby for a walk. They are supposed to have at least fifteen mins of Sun a day anyway

Tell me you’re joking!!! Seriously!! Take your baby for a damn walk!!! Sheesh!!!

He’s dealing with some sort of anxiety. It’s not healthy for you or the baby to be inside all the time. Take the baby for a walk!

Ya doesn’t he work? Take the baby out then

2 Likes

Yep. Your kid too. You decide. Um…how bout have him read up on keeping a child indoors and not exposing them to anything. Its far more unhealthy than exposure to germs etc

2 Likes

Just go for a walk, ive been taking my baby out for walk since she was a month old. Your baby will enjoy the new sights and fresh air its not like youre going to be around people (shes old enough to be around people) anyway just dress for the season

2 Likes

I don’t think you should have to ask to go for a walk. I would say just stay away from trails unless you have another adult with you. I would also sit down with your husband and ask what the real reason is behind him trying to control your going out? It seems irrational to me, IMHO

3 Likes

Take your child for a walk get out get the exercise sounds like he is a control freak does he let you visit your family

3 Likes

I have a 2 and a half month old that caught a cold he ended up being emergency transported to a childrens hospital 2 hours a way and admitted for respitory failure we are home now but he is still very sick going to the doc everyday

1 Like

Let’s just ignore the fact that your man isnt LETTING YOU take our kid out of the house (RED FLAG) but its fucked up that he DOESNT WANT HIS KID TO BE OUTSIDE …?! Like I literally cant wrap my head around that.

So if you are just walking around the block, she isnt going to come in contact with anyone who has the flu. Take her for a walk in the afternoon while he is at work. Shes your baby just as much as his, does he ask your permission before doing anything/everything with the baby? You are capable of making daily decisions for the baby and yourself without asking him.

3 Likes

All three of you take a visit to the pediatrician to discuss the issue if it’s that bad. Dad’s get anxiety about babies also. Maybe point out the benefits of sunlight?

2 Likes

I had my baby in the grocery store a day after I had her… I had bad anxiety about germs etc but knew it was irrational. I think he needs to go see a doctor.

2 Likes

youre the mother… stop asking his permission. Its not only up to him.

3 Likes

That’s not healthy, seems wayy too controlling. Theres no way in hell I carried a child for 9 months to be told I can’t do something with it!

5 Likes

I never ever asked my husband for permissions much less when it has to do with the kids. Maybe ask for suggestions on something else but come on you letting him decide like if he king of the kingdom
Be the queen

1 Like

I’ve been taking my 6 week old on walks at least once a day since he was 3 weeks old. We walk my 4 year old to school every single morning. My 6 week old has only had allergies from it & he goes into the classroom with me to sign his brother in & I usually sit on the carpet with them while big brother gets settled in.

Take your baby for a walk & tell dad to back off!

But the baby in that stroller and go for a walk… he needs to get over it

3 Likes

That child is going to get sick sooner or later. You need to go out. You can’t be in all day. Your going to get depressed. Fresh air is good for you and baby

2 Likes

She can get sick by staying inside all the time…

2 Likes

She isn’t going to build up an immunity to anything, if you keep her in the house all the time. Babies get sick and they build immunity so next time they don’t. Your husband is being unreasonable and controlling. Stand up to him.

2 Likes

Go on a walk. Your baby needs to enjoy the fresh air.

Fresh cold air cannot cause colds or flu. Make sure baby is properly bundled and has appropriate rain/weather gear for your stroller/carrier and get that baby outside. It’s good for you and baby. As much as it is important to be considerate to your coparent, it’s not healthy for him to have such controlling behavior whether it’s from his own anxiety or not

2 Likes

You don’t need your husband’s permission!

4 Likes

It’s not healthy to keep the baby cooped up. Your baby needs an immune system, otherwise she will be sick constantly. Not only that, but stimulation. Birds, trees, leaves, colors. Other signs of life outside of the colors of the walls inside your home. Fresh air!! Get that baby outside, sunlight! Poor kid. Take her outside!

1 Like

Yeah I’d just go. I understand the certain day’s of it being way to hot or way to cold for walks. But some of the reasons are like what? You can walk down the road with your baby without them getting a disease that is ridiculous I think.
We brought our baby to Wal-Mart 3 day’s after she was born, the first day I was out of the hosptial in December in the dead of winter. We needed a few thing’s for her, Of course we had a cute cover over the top on her car seat to keep her warm :).
Just Go outside. Go where you want. Go to the park. Goto the store. He can’t make you stay home, He doesn’t have to be stuck in the house all day every day. 🤷 jusy my option.

2 Likes

He sounds like a freak. You’re an adult. Make your decision and take your child out for a walk.
The more you keep your kid away from germs, the sicker she’ll get in the long run.

3 Likes

Dude… how is going for a walk going to give her the flu!? :joy::roll_eyes: You’re setting her up for failure. If she never gets out when you send her to school she will be a hot little mess.

1 Like

Take the baby on a walk. Why are you letting him make all of the decisions? His opinion is important as the babys dad but you are the babys mother. Go for a walk. Go to the store if you need or want to. Not healthy for the baby or you to be so controlled or trapped inside like prisoners.

1 Like

Why are you asking? Your the child’s mother. You should make the decision.

Take that baby for a walk :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

She actually needs to be exposed to things to build up her immune system

1 Like

Sounds like he’s controlling you extremely… and from what you wrote it seems like you’re allowing him to control you… everyone needs to be able to make their own decisions, especially simple things like lovely walks with your darling baby… your personal power of you being the owner of yourself and decisions is very important. Key In fact. Hope you break the chain here and not allow domestic violence in your life(mental abuse is abuse too)

3 Likes

Get out your self ,Let him look after the babý for a bit and see what it,s like 🙋good luck

3 Likes

Go outside you need it mama no way you can be trapped all day i take my 3 year old and 4month old out and mama he sounds protective my so is like that I have 2 older kids my younger 2 are his and iv had reasure and teach him alot and ease his mind alot lol I know my so just really protective he means well iv had to tell him to call down sit down its ok I iv had 4 kids iv raised older 2 on my own from birth he sounds like a worried dad

1 Like

Go for a walk. Your husband can get the hell over himself.

1 Like

Overprotective or controling

2 Likes

He doesn’t sound too intelligent

1 Like

Take that baby out
I took my 6wk old to the mall in November and My 1 day old to Target
You can take the baby out just if worried about germs keep a light cover on the stroller or but in a carrier

Maybe take a walk when he is not there. Just dont tell him.

2 Likes

Preach! I have a 13 year old, two year old n 10 month old. I also babysit a four year old. I absolutely LOVE these kids… But I am about to lose my fucking mind too girl! It’s too Cann not to do anything… In the morning is the best time to go for a walk while the weather is like this. Fall is fast approaching, thank god! The flu is not air borne… Dad needs to chill. And it’s a lot safer to have any age child be cold rather then hot. So, send Dad off to work and you two go for a walk! Going to the store is way more dangerous where flu is concerned then going outside for a short walk. Best believe, as soon as this weather olds down quicker in the evening we won’t be in the damn house. You can always go for a ride! Walking around Walmart or a store is fine too but like I said, the flu is something to worry about out in public like that. Good luck Momma

he to controlling your the mother if you want to take your child on a walk go he will get over it

1 Like

Just take her for a walk. You do not need his permission

4 Likes

This is a real question?! Hum take her on a walk, im positive she would love it babies need to get out of the house too!
Why are you asking your spouse to go on a walk? Just go :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Wow it’s is okay to take your child outside

1 Like

Tell him that you and baby are going for a short walk. If he wants to keep the baby for a few minutes while you get out then that’s his choice.

3 Likes

Lord take that baby for a walk if you want

3 Likes

Girllll I’ve been taking my baby on walks since he was 3 days old and he’s as healthy as can be.

dress her appropriately, make sure no strangers are in her face or touching her, bring sanitizer if she touches anything. there are ways to help but she also needs to be out & about a little to build some immunity or she’s always going to get sick. if he’s that worried about it, get confirmation from her pediatrician the next appointment to get her opinion on it being okay for her to be out.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. Is he the only one allowed to make secessions regarding your daughter? I would go for a walk I wouldn’t ask for permission at all. She is your child to, and you have every right to do what you please, within reason. Taking her for a walk is not going to make her sick. It might actually help boost immunity. Keeping her coooed up away from every disease and germ there is though is like making her live in a bubble which is worse for her immune system. Your husband sounds very controlling if your not even allowed to go for a walk. At the very least if you don’t want to stand up to him then I would wait till he gets home from work, hand him the baby and walk out the door and go for a walk by yourself everyday, maybe once he has to be home in the house with her for while he will get the point. Sounds like you guys need to have a real conversation about being equal partners and both making decisions when it comes to your child.

1 Like

Geez we went to olive garden and Walmart when we left the hospital. Not even a month later we were at a wedding.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you need his permission to take your child for a walk. That’s insane. She’s not going to get the flu or get too hot from a twenty minute walk.

3 Likes

You need permission to to go for a walk, with the baby ???

3 Likes

Cut him and go for a walk lol

1 Like

You are the mother, take her on a walk

Well, the little one does need a cautious amount of exposure. I mean, don’t wander into an infectious disease center but going for a walk (or even to the store) isn’t a terrible idea. All babies get sick somehow. Outside exposure, inside exposure (mom/dad/siblings) … babies get sick at some point.

Go for a walk.

I’ve literally been going outside for walks with baby and I since my baby was 24hrs old…

Why are you letting him tell you what you can and can’t do with YOUR child? My daughters father would never tell me what I can and can’t do with her, same for me telling him… that’s just controlling…

please let him know how beneficial the sun and fresh air is. Show him fact based articles to back you up. Then just go.Whether he likes it or not

Do it anyway! She will be fine! You’re the momma and are capable of making decisions too. There are risks with everything we do but are we gonna sit inside and wonder what if? Or are we going to experience life outside the house? Stroller cover carseat cover shopping cart cover! Don’t let strangers touch the baby and you’ll be just fine.

Take her for a walk, even if’s around the house

Wow. You’re not in prison. He’s very controlling. You’re an adult, you’re the mother of that baby and you can take that baby out for a short walk. That is very weird that the baby hasn’t been outside for 3 months (just an assumption).

She’s yours too hun go take her for a walk you gotten get out sometimes not good being in the house 247, try walking here in there it’s gonna be nice out seen do something you haven’t in a minute he well have to get over it you both made the baby together in he’s making it all about him having all say in you nun. sorry but you gotta tell him you have a life to in would like to go out in not all up in the house 247. he gets the go out why can’t you? Let him know you have say over her as well she’s old enough to go out just make sure she’s all good before going out in stuff. but I see you ask him to all 3 go he said no oo well you should tell him you still going you was nice of asking in he said no that still should not stop you tho because she’s yours as well sweetie he gotta let you have moment’s with her too. Is there something he’s scared of that he don’t want you to take her so a walk like family getting to him? Because there should not be a problem with you trying to go for a walk with your baby. Good luck stand up for yourself as well hun.

1 Like

Take the baby for a walk if you dont want to argue do it while hes at work. I’m giving him the benefit of doubt that hes just a first time parent so dont tell him and take the kid for a walk. If it’s hot dont make it a long walk but babies need fresh air. And you shouldn’t need to ask him permission about going for a walk. Big discussions about your child yes. But if you are the stay at home parent you choose what you can do with the baby all day not him. You need to have your own thing and you should try and look for a mommy and me class so you can meet some moms. Your job is hard enough without worrying what he will allow. Your home your decision if he doesn’t like it he can stay home. Hang in there and get some fresh air

My advice? Get a new husband. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yes, stand up for yourself and your child. He’s being unreasonable.

2 Likes

It sounds like your husband is majorly OCD. My baby is 2 1/2 months old and I take her everywhere now.

Sounds like your husband has a control issue!!! Take your baby for a walk…fresh air is good for them. And personally I would keep walking because your husband sounds like he should be an ex-husband.

5 Likes

My dr actually told me it can hurt her immune system to keep her in a bubble with no exposure to anything

5 Likes

Girl… just do it. His opinion is just that, an opinion. Your opinion matters as well.

He’s being ridiculous! Fresh air is so good for babies and children!

1 Like

Tell him dr says she needs vitamin D and she needs sun exposure.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My daughter went to the grocery store before ever coming home from the hospital and guess what… she’s 11 months and completely healthy. She even has a dog that sheds like crazy and she’s still ok. You’re not doing her or her immune system any favors by keeping her in a bubble.
Please do both of yourselves a favor and put her in that stroller and go for a walk!!!

Do it when he’s gone.

4 Likes

Baby will never build up a tolerance to the outside if baby never goes outside. Just do it. It’s not fair to you or the baby. You deserve a life too.

1 Like

Gosh… bring your baby for a walk… it’s your child too.

Take her out when hes not there

1 Like

My youngest was born on a Monday & was at church on Friday… I just tell ppl not to touch her

I wouldn’t ask him. Just take the baby outside on a small stroll. Start with 5-10 minutes at a time. Its flu and rsv season, just keep her away from sick people but a little fresh air will not make her sick. If I were you, I would tell him I’m completely cabable of protecting and caring for my child, and will make decisions for her and I don’t always need his input.

1 Like

Kids can get sick even staying inside constantly my little ones had a horrible time trying to build immunities and even when I tried keeping them inside all the time they still ended up with pneumonia or the flu so do what you want… going outside is good

Grow some fuckin balls… :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

It’s not up to him what you can do with your baby :tipping_hand_woman:t2: I had my baby in January and took him on walks wrapped up and in a warm onesie in early March and I got shit for it too​:roll_eyes: that I was gonna get him sick and I shouldn’t take my son out in 60-70 degree weather :roll_eyes: yea I still did and he loved it. Don’t let anybody tell you what you can and can’t do with your baby.

1 Like

Why are u asking his permission…just take her for a walk. She needs fresh air. Kid needs to get sick to build the immune system. Take her out, she will be fine.

4 Likes

If she isnt exposed to any germs she will have NO immune system and will stay sick. So he is actually doing the opposite of helping her.

4 Likes

I would get out and get some sunlight and fresh air and a different atmosphere
U need it

I’m sorry but ‘let you’ go for a walk? NOOOOOO. You popped it out, you have the right to walk it

1 Like

Who’s gonna tell him you took a walk???

I would look at the macro situation here… Is it really about walks?

2 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks this is controlling behavior. You are the mom and you are your own person, take the baby out.

9 Likes

Your baby needs fresh air! And needs to be exposed to germs to build up an immune system. Heck, you need fresh air for your own health as well!!

1 Like

Yea well you baby also needs to build up an immune system she needs to go outside. Take her on walks when he is at work. This sounds crazy he cannot possibly expect you to stay put inside all day everyday and same for the baby let her get some fresh air!

1 Like

um are you a mug. wtf. controlled

Girl take that baby outside!! You don’t need permission!!

You need to get out. It is SO important for you and that baby to get out and breathe fresh air and have conversations with real people. It is not healthy to stay inside all the time and not be around people either. It sounds like he needs help with either being a control freak or paranoid person. I’m totally not trying to be disrespectful but that’s just nuts. Any doctor will stress the importance of GETTING OUT! He needs to listen. GET OUTSIDE WITH THAT BABY! Is he super controlling which is an issue all by itself because there are guys who want their spouses and kids in all the time because of control or is he super paranoid? Either way, he’s wrong. Totally not trying to be a jerk. If he’s not going to let you get fresh air then get a gym membership somewhere that has a place with childcare. You two cannot stay cooped up all day.

1 Like