How to heal after giving birth?

Just got home from giving birth. I have tucks pads and dermaplex to help down below. Is there any other tips that could help with the process of healing? Gave birth 3 days ago. Any help is appreciated.

8 Likes

Put aloe Vera gel on pads and freeze them.

1 Like

Sitz baths with the warmest water you can stand!

3 Likes

Sitting in a sitz bath ( hot bathtub) with Epsom salt.

1 Like

Sitz baths with hot water helps amazing

Sitz baths are the best .no laxatives

1 Like

Witch hazel hands down

Hot baths with bath salts

Sit in a tub of water and cvs should have ice pads that will help.

They have this spray that numbs down there and works really well

Lean forward to pee and crossing your stream with water (from a bottle, or shower) helps

2 Likes

Witch hazel frees some bads

Witch hazel on a pad then freeze it.

A gel ice pack (the kind that isn’t hard) and sit on it. Use your perri bottle and squirt yourself while you are peeing to cut the acidity if you have stitches.

3 Likes

Or you can pull a pamper apart at the top, put alot of ice cubes in it…making sure it all the way down & then tape it close & apply that baby to your vag-j-j :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After 3 days you are not to use cold compress because it slows down the healing process, it might feel good short term but it can cause your healing process to take days or even weeks longer

1 Like

Instead of using soap in the shower use your perri bottle with a mixture of water and antiseptic solution. It helped me heal up a lot faster and wasn’t painful when I washed. Also some aloe vera gel with lidocaine helped.

2 Likes

That perri bottle was a LIFE SAVER

3 Likes

Alternate tylenol and ibprofin. Use the peri bottle when you pee. Tough it out. In another 3 days you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

I used my bottle for weeks :rofl:
Just gotta let your lady parts do their thing.

1 Like

Coarse/sea salt in your bathwater

Use aloe vera gel and put it on some pads then stick them in the freezer. Helps heal and feels amazing

1 Like

Witch hazel on a pad and put it in the freezer.

1 Like

Witch hazel pads. After you use the bathroom and spray off with your bottle, dab your stitched area with witch hazel pads. This is what I did and I seemed to heal up pretty quickly :slightly_smiling_face:

A robe! A soft luxurious one
Nursing bras and pads
Adult diapers and extra long overnight pads
Trucks pads for days
Use diaper rash cream because the moisture from the pads and the squirt bottle can cause diaper rash and that hurts
Some Epsom salt for warm baths
Some new and clean soft washcloths for yourself (I used these to very softly and gently pat dry after using the squirt bottle because toilet paper was too rough)
If you didn’t snag from the hospital, water proof disposable pads to lie down on the floor in front of the toilet cuz blood drips
And for the bed because boobs leak
A basket or something to keep everything in so it’s ready to go
Lady wipes or tucks wipes (they make wipes too) so you can clean blood off other areas that aren’t sensitive but need a good cleaning
Body wipes so you can feel clean without taking a whole shower if you’re too tired.

1 Like

Honestly, I bought cheap bags of frozen peas and rotated them. No, I did not eat them after. They were cheap, and thrown away.

sit baths. cleans eases pain and heals.

3 Likes

Sits bath is amazing!

1 Like

Ice packs & use the clear bottle while going to the bathroom

Ice pack. It sounds terrible but really works.

1 Like

Just take alot of rest.

Squirt bottle with warm water and witch hazel