How to leave a relationship when kids are involved?

Ok long post

Me and the kids have been together off and off the last 12 years. we have three beautiful kids together. He broke it off with Mr July last year, and he started seeing someone a month after. He moved back in with us in January. Well it’s been 2 and a half months, and everytime I ask him if he wants to go back out he said oh we will see or I’ll let you know sometimes. He kisses me and cuddles at night. I do everything I can, I make him lunchs, have supper cooked. Make him coffee in morning. Im just getting tired of it. I want to tell him to move out if he don’t want me, but my kids are so happy to have him back. I don’t want to break their little hearts again. Please help, idk what to do!

18 Likes

Tell him if he ever leaves again that’s it ain’t no coming back. It’s not healthy to just keep him there for the kids. I’m sorry. But it’s not.

1 Like

Rule of thumb if mamma isn’t happy ain’t no one happy ! Plus kids pick up on things like this and it’s not good for them yes it’s hard but he can be a dad without being with you sounds like he is just needing a warm bed at night unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

Stop doing everything for him.

He’ll see what he’s missing. Tell him and the kids they can still see each other as much as possible.

A separated home is much better than a home with bad energy, and toxicity.

7 Likes

Get rid of him . Sadly dealt with the same issue pretty much and it’s not worth it . I tried waiting and waiting but it only hurt me . Go be the best mama you can for those kids . They deserve to see you happy just as much as you do !

3 Likes

My rules if you walk out that door for othere woman you will never have my heart and happen agin . . There a better man out there and he sound like a dog . Fuck him off hun. Go out find a man not boy that think with his dick .

Do you want your kids growing up thinking it is ok to stay with someone even if they are unhappy? Your kids are seeing how momma is being treated and if you have sons they are going to think it is ok to treat a woman that way. Kids should see both their parents happy even if they aren’t together. And you need good mental health.

2 Likes

My parents hated each other and faked it ssooooo well. In the long run it did more damage. Dont cater to a man who doesnt want to stay. He either wants you or he doesnt, simple. You cant make a man stay who doesnt actually have the intentions to stay. Let him go. Your kids will understand when they are older. They dont need a father who is constantly in and out. And in my own experiences I have learned, dont stay together just for your kids. You arent doing them any favors by staying unhappy. Happy mom, happy home :heart:

2 Likes

I would of ditched him when he was seeing Mr.July!!!
(Sorry couldn’t help myself)

6 Likes

You can’t fake it to your kids much longer they will understand what’s going on sooner or later if you’re not happy they won’t be happy… you gotta do what’s right for you too sometimes!

1 Like

Aint no coming back but if he can be so free to say that he isn’t worth it.

1 Like

If it’s making you miserable or anxious it will come out eventually. Better sooner than later instead of suffering through it and not being happy, which is a bad example for your children. I mean eventually you two would either end up back together or he would find someone else. Better to get this out of the way if you’re going to live together.

1 Like

I wouldn’t of let him move back in . Even if you were or are working on your relationship. Since that’s to late I would sit with him and let him know he can’t live with you if your not a couple . It’s not fair to you or the kids.

1 Like

You’re teaching him how you want to be treated. . So he’s treating you that way. .

Stop doing wife duties … you’re not his wife, you’re not in an actual relationship.

Stop hurting yourself, one of you needs to love you. . It might as well be you. . You know what I mean?

7 Likes

Get counseling talk it out

If mama is in an unhealthy relationship and is not happy then that is no good for the kids tell him to get out or be in the relationship. There’s no in and out as you feel like it.

Why in the hell are you doing all that for him? Ew move on

5 Likes

Is this the kind of relationship you’d be ok with for your kids?
I’m guessing No.
Move on. Why are you trying so hard for a man who is using you?

1 Like

Think about your kids on a different aspect. Do you have son? Do you want your son to learn this type of behavior is okay? Do you have a daughter? Do you want her to grow up and think it’s okay for a man to use her like your man is doing to you?! He can be a father and not live there. Find you someone who is so full of love that you can’t stand it!!

2 Likes

You have to do what makes you happy. Your kids will live. It’ll be hard on them, but you can’t make yourself miserable. You kids deserve to see their mommy happy. They deserve to see what a happy relationship is. You have to teach them what a happy relationship is! And that’s not what you’re doing staying with that man. So leave, or kick him out!

Your kids won’t be happy unless you are happy. It may break their hearts if he goes, but ultimately - it will break all of your hearts if he stays x

1 Like

Your doing everything for him so why would he move out- stop enabling him and his true colors will come out - in the long run it will effect the kids!

4 Likes

Y let him back if ur not together both of u are just screwing with the kids hearts!

1 Like

You’re making it very comfortable for him.to cruise along status quo without a commitment. You’re giving out wife services for bootie call pay. Just saying.

5 Likes

Stop doing wife things when you’re not even a girlfriend.

4 Likes

50/50 shared parenting and move on… you’re not his mommy and the kids deserve you both equally but, in two separate houses!

3 Likes

Women need to start expecting more from men. What the hell?! I keep seeing posts like this about women crying over shitty men who CLEARLY do not want them. Drop his loser ass, tell him to get out of your house, and find how to love YOURSELF before letting another man into your life.

Not to be rude, but I think by allowing this type of behavior or accepting this type of behavior from a man regardless if it’s their father or not you’re breaking your children’s heart. For their sake I would call it quits, ask him to leave and develop a normal and healthy co parenting relationship.

3 Likes

Youre setting the kids up for heartbreak with him being there. Hes clearly taking advantage of you and you dont even care. Smh

2 Likes

Geez work on yourself & your kids, stop letting him play fast & loose.

3 Likes

Ive been there. Tell him to go. Its better for everyone. He will always be in and out if u let him and it’ll drain u. It’ll b better for everyone you will see after a month or 2.

3 Likes

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? I think that’s how it goes. Lol

3 Likes

I’m sorry are you saying you’re husband is cheating on you with men? Because that’s what i gathered.

1 Like

I must be the only one that can’t make sense of this post.

3 Likes

Hes still seeing the other person and no doubt enjoys having breakfast at two houses in this 12 years he still hasn’t picked you do you think 4 more will change his mind? Prob not the kids can be happy seeing him when your not together it’s not healthy to stay for the sake of the kids.

1 Like

Why buy the cow if he gets the milk for free? Not talking about intimacy but you’re doing wifey duties without even a girlfriend title. Why should he give you what you want when you cater to him unconditionally? He sounds selfish and I would dump him. Maybe you should move out for a while instead of kicking him out. Let him take over the duties you normally do while you come and go for fun time with your children.

1 Like

Tell him to get out hea just using you. Move on and just co parent

1 Like

Stop doing wife duties for a man that’s not even boyfriend material and trust me the kids will be happy when you are happy but throw him in the trash ASAP

1 Like

First of all by him saying we will see that is just disrespectful to you. Why be with a man who doesnt fully want you. If he did he would say no i dont want to leave. I can gurantee when you stop doing stuff for him his true colors will come out. Get you a man who appreciates you not uses you.

2 Likes

Here’s a question: do you want your children seeing their mother getting use and their father getting perks, only to have them grow up and think it’s acceptable to do the same? Maybe he’s decided on the polygamy sister wife life- but I bet you and the kids didn’t sign up for it.

1 Like

He is keeping you on a leash. You are his fallback. As soon as he finds someone else he will be gone. Don’t let him continue to do this to you & your children because it just isn’t fair.

1 Like

What :thinking: proof read before u post

You’re just his kitchen bitch, maid and nanny. He has absolutely no intention of having the relationship you want.

Don’t know where you found this father of your children nor why you kept having children with a person who isn’t respecting their childrens mother. Know yourself worth bc someone such as your childrens biological father doesn’t nor is he grateful for the family he’s created ! Good luck! Your children deserve to see a real father make their mother happy & vice versa!

Alright . Guy perspective. . Get rid of this dude asap

1 Like

Plain and simple he’s using you get rid of him and don’t let your kids see you be used

1 Like

Don’t give attention where it’s not deserved…get rid of him and focus on yourself and kids

1 Like