How to lose weight while breastfeeding?

First get rid of the people who call you fat and the weight will disappear with them.

33 Likes

If someone tells a postpartum women she’s fat, they need a swift kick to the teeth!
You just had a baby… bodies dont bounce back that quickly.
(And breastfeeding actually helps weight loss)

16 Likes

If someone tells you that you are fat…look them straight in the eye and tell them to mind their own business. Your weight doesn’t affect them one bit.

5 Likes

I started doing lazy keto when my daughter was about a year old, never had any problems with supply dropping or anything like that. I never counted my macros and cheated when I felt like it. Lost 50 pounds. Watch out though because apparently it makes you extra fertile, as soon as I got my cycle back I got pregnant again and am now eating whatever I want, lol. Planning on going back on as soon as I get through the first 6-8 weeks with this one.

1 Like

Who in the freak would call you fat?? That’s just down right hateful. Definitely don’t surround yourself with this kind of people.

4 Likes

PP weight doesn’t drop off for everyone while breastfeeding, let’s not give this woman false hope that all she has to do is breastfeed. A nutritious diet, lots of water, walking, consistency and TIME is the only thing that will help. Don’t feel ashamed of your body. It took 9 months to grow a human. Give yourself time and be kind to yourself. Get rid of the people calling you fat. Horrible people.

13 Likes

Omg let your body heal and if someone tells you you fat they are bullies they can take their negative somewhere else screw sociatie be a mom and baby is first

2 Likes

Breastfeeding helps you loose weight but before you eat maybe try salads so you can fill yourself better and drink lots of water! Also a girdle or something to tighten your waste and stomach will male you feel better! It helps you recover from being bloated for nine months! Remember that your body had to accommodate a child in your body and that open your ribs and everything up more! So now you have to put your trainer on so your body can return to normal!

1 Like

Screw anyone calling you fat. Not sure if this is allowed on this page, but there’s a group called Milky Fitness, I have STRUGGLED losing weight with my kids, never did until I stopped nursing, until I found this group. Still nursing my 15 mo old and have lost 35 lbs since January. They are so supportive and there’s so many tools to help you succeed

2 Likes

I did alot of situps

1 Like

You don’t. You are feeding your baby. Eat well and enjoy it. Anyone who doesn’t get it…too bad.

1 Like

It took 9 months to create a human and get your body to where it is. Give yourself time. Be patient love yourself regardless of how you look. Walk, feed your baby and relax. You will be fine. Every recovery (and pregnancy) is different. I’ve had 4 children and every pregnancy, delivery and recovery was different. You created life!!! Be proud

3 Likes

I use protein shakes and take 2 hour walks at least twice a week. Any type of exercise that you can possibly do will help. Try to eat as much protein as you can because when u exercise after all that becomes muscle. Even though periods are shitty there is pluses to it like you loose calories just bleeding. Personally I try not to eat, fasting is the fastest way to loose weight. Yeah I eat 2 meals a day and chew gum the rest of the day and drink water but doing that might affect you breastfeeding wise so consulting with your doctor should be on ur list. Another thing that u should talk to your doctor about is being able to go to a sauna. You can loose water weight in a sauna pretty quickly! I hope this helps

I had my baby July of last year, I’m just now losing baby fat really well, that’s with eating healthy, keeping up with the kid’s and working at a distribution center (which is a lot of heavy lifting and walking) and working out
Don’t let people bully you please

You are not fat. You just had a baby, for gosh sake. You are fine as you are. Relax.

1 Like

At 2 months you JUST got the all clear to exercise. Give yourself some grace. I just had my baby 3 weeks ago and I’m nursing and pumping and trying to drink as much as water as possible. But I’m also eating when I’m hungry. I’ll worry about the belly later. When I nursed my twins by 4 months the weight came off. Give it time!

1 Like

Keep breastfeeding!!! That will make you lose the baby fat. Not only those people who tell you are fat need to look in the mirror. You gave life so cut the negativity out!

3 Likes

First of all fuck whoever called you fat, you just had a baby and if possible cut them completely out of your life cause that just sounds like straight negative energy, Secondly I agree with these comments, breast feeding helps you lose weight and just make sure to drink water and try to eat healthily.

6 Likes

I was told by a doctor it takes nine months to put the weight on takes nine months to take it off watch your carbs don’t snack

1 Like

Research Thrive by Le Vel, and if interested in a three day sample DM me

1 Like

Omg :flushed: who’s calling you fat !? Don’t listen to them. You just had a baby and it’s normal. My baby is 8 months old and I still have a belly. Im trying to eat healthy but I don’t go crazy about it. Between the baby, full time job, and home chores it’s impossible to exercise but I do what i can :relaxed: People are so evil :imp: your body went through a lot so it just needs time to heal and go back to what it was before baby

1 Like

Try exercises like yoga walking drink lots of water

Honestly any nutritional changes should be discussed with your doctor lactation consultant. Restricting calories can lower your milk quality or even begin to pull nutrients from your own bodies stores to help baby survive. Make sure you are eating enough calories. Too few and your body will go into starvation/survival mode and hold on to weight. A nutritionist or dietician trained for BF moms would also be a great resource.

2 Likes

Sis- tell me who tf is calling you fat. I will pull up and beat some ignorant ass!

2 Likes

Give yourself break. If someone has told you you’re fat then they’re an ass. You will heal on your own time. Just eat well when you’re hungry get as much sleep as possible and try to keep moving and you’ll be ok.

1 Like

My weight didn’t start to come off until around nine months postpartum. Don’t be hard on yourself. It will take time. Also don’t listen to someone body shaming you.

2 Likes

One don’t listen to who called you fat. However if you wish to lose weight there is no diet pill, wrap, drink, etc that will help you lose weight so don’t fall for the ones who are going to prey on you to make money while you are vulnerable. Calories in and calories out. Look up quick tdee and input your information and add 500 calories. It should tell you how many you should be eating to lose so many pounds a week.

1 Like

Eat healthy and drink plenty of water. Exercise regularly

Message me please. I’d love to talk to you :heart:

Tell them to fuck off you just created a human life and given birth to it and feeding it from your own body… They dont like it … Fuck off… Your a goddess :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Whoever is around you calling you fat needs to be expunged from your life. You just had a baby, don’t be hard on yourself. No advice for the breastfeeding. Good luck mama :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Breast feeding on its own helps.It is a process,not an overnight miracle,just be patient.Do yourself and the child a favour,enjoy being a mom and gracefully accept that once you have a baby,your body might not be the same again.Your man understands and is very proud of you.Some people would do anything to have that motherly body,but they can’t cause they might be unable to bear children.In time,the body will moulds itself back to what you are used to.Remember that right now you need to eat and drink a lot of nutritious food and drinks for both you and the baby.The longer you breastfeed,the easier the belly gets tucked in,and the less the baby gets sick.All the best!

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to lose weight while breastfeeding? - Mamas Uncut

Remember you just gave birth (even tho it’s been 2 months) your body has changed & it will take time to get your body back to your pre-pregnancy weight/look. Breastfeeding will help you lose weight as well. Take it easy. Don’t try to fit in today world where you think you could bounce back in seconds. Look up different exercise that will help the sections that you want. Don’t over do it. Look up Trap Cardio on YouTube it helped me alot before my pregnancy. When the Dr gives me the ok I will be back. Best of luck & congrats :heart:

1 Like

Breast feeding is the best diet you can go on. Baby takes calories and the nursing helps the muscles tighten up. Laugh when someone tries to her you. God is watching them.

Breastfeeding is the best,walk when you can. But honestly screw it!! A baby does alot if damage to a body.give yourself time!! It will work out.

5 Likes

I breastfed all three and I kept gaining weight each time. I was able to lose weight afterwards. Some people lose weight while breastfeeding but I was not one of them

Wear a belly band!! Helped me so so much!

Eat sensibly, take your baby for walks, ignore those who criticize.

1 Like

Your body was and still will be recovering for a while, so give yourself some grace with the process!! I CLUNG onto the extra 10-15lbs from breastfeeding for the entire time I was nursing both of my daughters-15 months for my first and I nursed 20 months with my second. I did weights, cardio, HIIT as soon as I could get back into working out… and while I saw changes OFF the scale, the scale itself never budged. I ate enough to make sure I could fuel my workouts while also maintaining a healthy supply. If I saw a drop in my supply, I cut back on cardio…. Nursing was way more important to me than losing weight. Work in activity anywhere you can-walking, extra steps, baby & you workouts. And nutrition is key-lots of Whole Foods, healthy fats and protein!! When I stopped nursing it was much easier for me to lose weight and get the results I wanted to but don’t forget-do what’s best for you and your baby! This is only a phase of your life and it’ll be over before you know it!

1 Like

Breast feeding is the best way to lose weight after baby. Most women don’t even see significant results till 8 weeks post partum. Also I can fight so tell them to jot that down next time they want to body shame.

I would be more worried that I’m healthy while breast feeding…than what I look like but I would say if you want to lose weight maybe 4 to 5 months after breastfeeding try keto no dairy no sugar 20grams of carbs a day that’s total not net…or try a Mediterranean diet while breastfeeding

Dont drink any calories- Dont eat anything processed. Make ur meat n veggie to have available at all times. Eat lots n anytime u want. Avoid pasta bread and potatoes also. I did it bcuz covid n ran outta yummies n just made food. Lost 60 lbs fast good luck. Relax u just made a human.

Give yourself time! Use the baby as a resistance when you do baby lifts (bench press), lay the baby on your shins and lift them.

Who tf said your fat. You literally just pushed out a baby 2 months ago.

14 Likes

Breastfeeding is the best way to lose weight. You can burn up to 2000 calories a day

Start by getting rid of the people who are telling you, you’re fat.

Theres no shame in having a baby belly after having a baby!

I am a diet mentor and you’re welcome to chat with me. (Its free, always)

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to lose weight while breastfeeding? - Mamas Uncut

When you are breastfeeding you will lose a lot of weight and also gain weight. I have been breastfeeding for 19 months I started using work out apps on my phone that are 7 minute work outs I ended up getting pregnant am I am 22 weeks now and still work out and have only gained 10lbs. Please don’t let what people say about your body hurt you I went to an apartment 3 months after giving birth and the doctor said some stuff about my weight and for 7 months I hated my body because of this doctor. Now I say well have you grown a child and how long did it take to lose the weight. I put on 89 lbs while pregnant so please love remember you took 10 months to grow and birth a child it’s going to take time to lose the baby fat and that’s okay love your body because its beautiful and you created life with it.

2 Likes

2 MONTHS???

You NEED to CHANGE the people around you and FAST!!!

HOW DARE ANYONE body shame you at a time like THIS!!!

It took AT LEAST 9months for the tummy to be where it is… Give yourself a BREAK!!!

I’m glad you are breastfeeding. Just eat healthy, drink LOTS of water, REST when you can and LOVE YOURSELF irrespective of what anybody says!!!

You GREW a HUMAN BEING… YOU DESERVE A BREAK!!!

When the time is right,ALL the weight will go off without you even noticing.

Congratulations on the bundle of Joy!!! Enjoy these moments WITHOUT regrets.

18 Likes

I am 2 and a half years postpartum and still have the “belly fat”. I just don’t give a damn. I was also told by my dr that it was a myth that breastfeeding makes you lose weight super fast. Some women it has the opposite effect and they gain

1 Like

Okay first of all whoever is calling a 2 month postpartum mama fat needs to go straight to hell!! :rage: I am 4 months postpartum so I know what you’re going through. Cut yourself some slack girl! You have your hands full, you’re hormones are everywhere right now and you just grew a whole human inside you for 9 months. You’re body is amazing! Work on loving on that baby and finding ways to feel like you again. Worry about the weight later! Hugs mama :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 Likes

Give yourself grace, Mama :heart: nursing on average burns 500 calories - it is HARD. You grew a human and carried them! Your body has done amazing things already. When you’re ready to get in a fitness routine, you will.

3 Likes

You literally had a human 8 weeks ago. The thinnest of us still feel “fat”, but I’d be removing those from my life that would dare call me fat after having a baby. Second off, breastfeeding will help when it comes to losing the unwanted baby weight, but only if you’re eating healthy, balanced high protein. Otherwise, you can expect to potentially gain a little. You should also remember that for many, your body may hold onto some weight until you are done nursing your little one. For example, I’m a thin person, but my body clings to a solid 15lbs while I’m nursing. Nothing I do will take it off. But within 1-2 months of stopping, it falls off very quickly, as my body doesn’t “need” it.
Either way, taking long walks with a stroller and adding in some exercise will help your body return to normal.

I was tiny(99lbs) before I got pregnant I hit 170 at 8 months pregnant and was very uncomfortable in my own skin but I had to realize it took a long time to grow that baby and get that size so it’s not going to happen over night and it also gave me the greatest blessing I could ask for. I breastfed for 14 months and was about 150 give or take the whole time. As soon I stopped breastfeeding it started to come off. Your body is storing food for baby to make milk. Tell that person to go to h3ll. Just eat right and watch your proportions and your body will do what it needs to do. Best of luck momma and congrats to you for your bundle of joy. Enjoy the breastfeeding adventure I know I sure miss it very much!! My l/o is 19 months now and kinda wish I would have kept going.

3 Likes

So whoever called you fat definitely doesn’t have any common sense or knowledge about how long it could take for your stomach to go back down after a baby.

Focus on your baby and close your ears off to anyone that’s nasty and judgmental . Your body will do what it needs to in time . 2 months is such a short amount of time to be worrying about others ideas of what your body needs to be doing and looking . We are all different and our bodies go through an anonymous change physically while creating another life and it takes time to go back to what it was before pregnancy. Some times it’s never the same and you know what that’s perfectly fine too :sunglasses::heart: the little person you grow is worth all the changes :blush:

Give your body time. And love that your body just made a human! That’s no easy task. Gotta get used to the new you from becoming a kick ass mom. Takes time plus breastfeeding helps weight loss and if not just kick up the cardio. In time you’ll lose it.

Just focus on healthy decisions. Don’t worry about anything else just NOURISH your body. Eat when your hungry and drink water. Your body takes a year to heal from birth. Give it time! Move your body when you can. Take walks. Do yoga.

1 Like

Who ever is calling you fat tell them to f**k off as u have just carried a human for nine months and also push them out a blessing never be ashamed for what you have been thr as it was not food that made u gain weight ppl would belittle you for their own amusement pass them by with your little blessing :heart:

I can’t stand people that fatshame pregnant or post partum mothers :roll_eyes: had it happen to me too. Stay strong beautiful Mamma :heart: it’s not easy & takes time for some!

You should lose weight easier while breastfeeding, it shouldn’t be harder.

Just about any medical website you go to will say that you will generally lose weight faster than someone not breastfeeding. Check out healthline…check out leleche league international…those are just 2 examples of sites. You burn extra calories that you would not burn if you are not breastfeeding, it is simple physiology. Eat well, be active, in addition to breastfeeding and you should lose weight faster than a woman not breastfeeding. That is of course barring you have no underlying medical conditions. But it is important to note that diet and exercise are still factors. It may be hard to hear, but it is the simple physiological truth. I carried twins, and breastfed, in addition to maintaining diet and exercise and was back down to prepregnancy weight within a month of my c section. Granted, not everyone has an easy time. But it does not make the facts untrue.

For my first baby, I lost a fair amount of weight, almost too much. I breastfed him until almost 18 months, but he was a hard, stressful, demanding, beautiful baby boy, and I think a lot of it was I was always moving trying to keep him happy and some times forgetting to eat and I was miserable tired. My youngest is still breastfeeding and I am at my usual weight I always am around. He is not nearly as stressful as his brother was.
Breast feeding isn’t always a weightloss tactic for every mama, and that’s ok.
You’re two months out from bringing another life into this world, just remember you’re beautiful as you are, no one deserves to call you fat, ever, but especially TWO MONTHS out from growing a whole person.

1 Like

Ummmm first off, tell that person to stay in their damn lane! You JUST had a baby. Of course you have belly fat. You should not be ashamed of your body; it did an amazing thing!!! If you want to lose weight while bf I would suggest you are eating healthy and go for walks, workout if you’ve been cleared by your doctor.

I don’t know her name, I’m sure someone in here does, but there is a trainer on IG that focuses solely on postpartum workouts and belly fat.

3 Likes

Don’t be ashamed of your body and dump those people who are telling you thst you are fat. Your body just made a miracle and be proud of that, enjoy your little one. Our bodies are never the same after giving birth. Congrats!!!

Massage your belly, go for walks take baby with you, and do exercises. Also don’t be afraid to pop someone in the fookin mouth for saying your fat.

1 Like
1 Like

Dont listen to anyone I have a 7 yr old a 5 yr old and had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago and I dont give a fuck what anyone says I have a belly

First off …Noone that cares for you or just a nice person period will call a mother that just have birth fat …if they don’t like it tell them to leave your not a show or a movie stop staring don’t ever let anyone body shame you period especially now …you don’t need negativity focus on that baby

I tried for a year while breastfeeding my twins to lose weight, I would lose a bit and then gain some back, I would highly suggest trying Noom it’s about $125 for 2 months, and you get a 2 week free trial it’s helped me so much learning about nutrition and keeping me accountable, in the two months I’ve been using it I’ve lost the same amount I lost last summer in about 5 months

Almost 16 months pp and still breastfeeding. Working out is always a good idea though♡

Breastfeeding will help with weight loss tremendously, but as for losing the belly fat, your not going to do it so quick after birth. You HAVE to let your body heal amd return to normal before you could even attempt to lose it. (Work out) you just had a baby, if someone tells you you’re fat, tell them to eat a dick :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You just had a baby and tell anyone who says your fat to shut the he*l up. Like how dare they. Your organs are still trying to go back to where they belong. You are not fat mama you just brought a life into this world. You are beautiful!

I definitely haven’t had anyone in my life being that awful to me as to comment negatively on my body, and it’s even been a struggle for me. Losing weight while breastfeeding is hard af. But if it’s something you can’t really address right now mentally and physically, do other things to help boost your confidence. Get your hair done, buy some new clothes that are flattering to your current figure, get your nails done. The biggest part of getting your confidence back is putting in effort to care for yourself. That doesn’t have to be changing your body shape right now. Save that for later if you need to do it then. Just make yourself a priority and make yourself feel hot to YOURSELF and you’ll see your confidence start to go back up.

And then tell whoever is talking to you like that to go eff themselves.

Weight watchers has a great program and you get to eat a lot. No supply issues ever.

Who is telling you that you’re fat? Drop that person immediately.

1 Like

Your baby is only 2 months old….and you are breastfeeding (excellent, well done!). Please don’t worry about your weight, enjoy your baby and recover. The feeding will help your tummy go down anyway. No one should be commenting on your weight! You have just grown a human!

Your body just created a living being, delivered it, and now it’s working like crazy to provide nourishment.
Give your body a much needed rest.

1 Like

Omg stop listening to those people…2 month since birth mama you are a rockstar!

Who tf is telling you you’re fat? Girl, find a new tribe.

You just had a baby.

Give it time, sometimes we don’t bounce back as well, but damn girl, you just grew a human!!! Do you know how amazing that is???

Idk have weight loss advice as I’ve been a rollercoaster on that journey for years but I can say the sooner you learn to love your body in all its shapes and sizes, the more you will be free to enjoy your life and your journey as a mom. I wish it hadn’t taken me decades to figure that out.
Also, anyone that calls you fat or even hints at it is an asshole. Fuck them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.

https://www.myxyngular.com/heatherthornsberry

After 2 MONTHS!!!
honey! Be kind to yourself :blue_heart:
Your beautiful! Your doing a beautiful thing!
Trust me you don’t want to miss out on this amazing time with your new little one by worrying about such nonsense…im sorry but it is nonsense! And not worth missing out on the first precious months of bubs memories

Keep breastfeeding but eat sensibly. Breastfeeding encourages your womb to go back to shape so it will help with belly shape. Go for walks with them in the pushchair to get out exercising. You could also try Pilates to improve your core muscles. Buy a high-waisted bikini and realise you have a bikini body already. I gained six stone (84lbs) during pregnancy and managed to lose five just through breastfeeding and walking. I was also eating loads still. Don’t fret…see where you are in a year before worrying about it.

Have another kid. Then everyone’s opinions will not matter to you any more. Promise. :grin::fire::fire::fire:

I didn’t lose a single pound during breastfeeding. Give yourself and break and praise your body for giving life and giving nourishment!!! Anyone who tells you you’re fat is a jerk and just ignore them!!! Your body is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL! You have to have nourishment to give it and breastfeeding can take a lot! I had to jam in a ton of calories and water to keep my supply up, so I stayed right at my same weight the entire time.

1 Like

Honestly, 2 months is sooooo soon to be worried about your weight- You’re still technically recovering! I’ve found it easier to focus on a balanced diet for breastfeeding and the weight comes off on its own in time. A few months or so. Breastfeeding was my easiest way to lose weight! Just try to get a variety of healthy foods in to make healthy milk and both mom and baby will reach their goals :muscle:

It takes 9 months to grow a baby, your body inevitably changes, to expect it to “bounce back” in two months is just punishing yourself unnecessarily. Your body has done amazing things, and it may or may not ever go back to it’s pre-baby size or shape, but that’s okay. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, sleep as much as possible, and ignore the idiots who say you’re fat. You’re not. You just made an entire person, and that’s freaking awesome! For reference it took me 18ish months after my first, 9ish months after my second, and I’m still working on getting back to where I’m comfortable at after my third who is 8 months old.

1 Like

Your body took 9 months to change for the baby, it can take 9 months for it to go back to “normal”. Love and appreciate your body and what it has provided for you and you’re new baby! Us moms are too hard on ourselves when our bodies don’t just snap right back. THEY CREATED LIFE! Our bodies are tired and need some time to heal :heart: you’re beautiful just now you are!

1 Like

It takes time. If your baby is only 2 months old, your body hasn’t had time to even get back to normal yet. It took 9 months to gain it, Give yourself some time. Just Eat healthy and stay active…

It took 9 months to put it on so give ur body that long to adjust back to normal. If someone tells u u r fat, punch em!

I was exercising EVERY day while breastfeeding (different types erecises: HIT training, weights, 5 to 10k runs), trying to eat as healthy as possible…and I didn’t lose a single pound. I stopped breastfeeding when my daughter was 9 months. After that I easily lost 7kgs in couple of months
So here is my advice…enjoy being a mum of one very precious soul. Trust me…time flies so fast. You want to remember their first smile, sweet scent of their skin, that special connection between you two. Not the number on the scale. You are beautiful, be kind to yourself. Yiur body is a temple, don’t let anyone bring you down girl!

1 Like

No one should be telling. You that you are fat

Wearing a girdle or binder. A waist trainer maybe? Belly wraps. As far as dieting goes. I’d eat all the healthy fats and high protein since your breastfeeding. Baby needs all that good stuff :two_hearts:

Don’t give a flying…about what others think! Step one.

1 Like

Why be ashamed of having a baby?

Milky Fitness is a great group to join. I did their challenges and lost a bunch of weight (while keeping my supply) before getting pregnant with #2. Miranda and Paul are seriously the best!

Breastfeeding - milk production- burns 500 calories a day. So you’re already well on your way. Your body will not “bounce back”. It takes time. I’ve had 3 and what worked for me was - breastfeeding, walking (decent lengths!), water and keto.

Lost 40kgs after giving birth the second time and am well on my way to 20kg loss now with 10 to go.

I use to do hella crunches and ab workouts. For a while I actually had “6 pack abs” but I was only 90lbs. Definitely need to start back up because it’s just a can of busted biscuits now that I gained 30 points :joy: