How to lose weight?

I use portion control. That way I am able to enjoy EVERYTHING, but by using the simple containers & how many of each I get in a day, I don’t have to think about anything! I have lost 50lbs since 2019.

2 Likes

Trap Cardio on YouTube. :heart:

I get the depo and didnt again from that. I gained from poor eating and no exercise. I lost 60 lbs last year just by cutting sugar, cutting almost all the carbs, eating smaller portions and drinking more water. It took awhile to see results but once it started coming off my friends thought I was sick. I went from an XL to a medium in 6 months

1 Like

Try Sydney Cummings on You tube. Best exercise videos ever! They are all free and can be done at home!

I just lost 35 pounds on Noom. Easiest diet I’ve ever done.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to lose weight? - Mamas Uncut

After I had my kids, all I really did to lose the weight, was walk… Everywhere… Literally lol all the time. And I was smaller then I was before getting pregnant

1 Like

Drink lots of water, healthy eating, some exercise. I am at a plateau so not sure

I joined weight watchers, cut out sodas, watch my portions, drink more water,

I did KETO (a lot of chicken and spinach for me) with intermittent fasting

1 Like

I drink a lot of water and try to stay away from carbs and do moderate working out . My doctor recently put me on victoza as well since I stopped losing weight after a while.

Also, if you drink soda, stop. When I started a new medication… It prevented me from being able to drink soda, which I loved… And I started losing more weight like crazy lol

Check out the book: You can Drop it by Illana Muhlstein - she does the 2b mindset. Not a fad diet she’s also on FB and Insta.

I hired a personal trainer and dont regret that money spent even if you only get it for one month it puts you on the right path

Intermediate fasting I’m down liking 4 oz 10lbs in 2 weeks

Nutritionist. Carbs give you energy. Keto is bullshit. Fasting is bad for your body. It’s all about calorie deficit, eating right, and exercise.

1 Like

I had my son 2 years ago in May and once I started getting the depo shot I blew up. It’s been a year since I’ve had it and I’ll never get it again!!

Cut out sodas for about 3 months, if you drink them. I dropped 30 lbs in 9 months just cutting sodas out and drinking more water.

1 Like

Consider researching intermittent fasting. I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life and it’s the only thing I’ve found that works to get it off and keep it off. I’ve been doing it over 4 years, maintaining, after dropping almost 50 pounds. Good luck bc I know too well that the struggle really is real

Content warning for intentional weight loss would be great for those of us with eating disorders.

Shop around the outside walls of the food store and try to avoid the isles as much as possible. Drink only water, I also drink coffee but I drink it black to avoid the sugar and milk. For the first few weeks I eat basically the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it gets boring or repetitive but it’s easier to stick with when I know what I’m eating every day. And once I break the habit of eating for anything other than sustenance, I start to add exercise.

Intermittent fasting!

…eating right and exercising

There’s two times in my life that I’ve lost weight actually the first time I was around 250 and every time I tried to walk I would be in bed for the next 3 or 4 days trying to walk again my back hurts so bad so I went to my doctor and he gave me a hundred hydrocodone and a hundred somas and I got to where when I start walking I would take a hydrocodone and Soma then when I got through I was not hurting at all it got me down to 205 then I had a bicycle wreck nearly killed myself so I gave up now in 2019 I had a bunch of bad things happen and I ended up living by myself so I noticed that I had quit eating I ate maybe one or two times a week I was losing over 10 lb a week and I was happy cuz I was losing weight I went from 270 down to 224 then everything hit me and I started craving ice cream and stuff like that I would end up eating it and I’m sad to say I’m up to 329 that’s the only two times I’ve been able to lose weight and that was because I stopped eating the second time the first time I was putting in the hard work of walking over 2 miles every couple of days and all I would get me to eat during the day when I was losing using the hydrocodone and somas all I would do is go to Sonic buy a kids chicken strips which is two strips a cup of gravy and a large sweet tea from Chicken Express and I lost weight that was a more healthier way but to be honest I don’t know of any diet that really actually works everything I tried and it’s been a lot of things I’ve never been able to do it except those two times I hope you can find help on here

1 Like

And also I do not like water so I definitely do not drink water unless I absolutely have to I drink Dr pepper and tea I’ve actually got nine cases of Dr pepper right now at home because I don’t have a car and somebody won’t take me to the store so good luck and God bless you

A healthy calorie deficit!

Good luck momma! I have three littles and I wasn’t able to lose any real amount of weight after any of them until I quit breastfeeding. I have always watched portions, exercised, had low carb, etc. It all depends on your body. If you are trying all these things consistently and nothing is working, I would recommend to get your hormones checked out because they do crazy things after giving birth and they can react differently from birth control, too. Remember your body did an amazing thing creating your little :sparkling_heart: I wish you success and happiness in your journey.

That birth control prevented me from losing any weight. I stopped it and lost 127lbs…

1 Like

download My Fitness Pal and start counting your calories, eat more protein 1gm of protein per pound of body weight e.g 140 pounds = 140 grams of protein, and start moving more a couple of 30 mins walks per day to start or join a gym

I do intermittent fasting and keto between 20-25 carbs a day. I try to aim for OMAD after I have a couple weeks to adjust. Drink water you want to aim for half your body weight in ounces.

I start my days with a high protein breakfast which fills me up pretty much for the whole day. I make scrambled eggs with one sausage patty. 3 eggs, milk, green peppers, shredded cheese, a bit of salt and pepper, and sometimes I add ham. Then if I’m hungry throughout the day, I’ll have an orange or an apple and I’m usually not hungry til supper.

I take a vitamin D supplement plus I spend as much time outside as possible.

I have a minimum step goal of 7,000/day so I have to reach that every day but I try for 10,000+.

Sleep, stay hydrated, and find ways to reduce stress.

2 Likes

Watch your carbs and start walking. Keep good snacks, fall out of love with sugar. You don’t have to go straight no carbs right away. Take your time and do your research. Before you start a diet, you should talk to your doctor.

I’ve lost over 100 pounds by changing my profession. I’m no longer sitting at a desk 8 hours a day. I could lose more if my snacking was not chips and crap, but when you’re running around like a crazy person 8 hours a day, you put what’s available in your mouth :grin:

Also, believe in yourself, push your limits and don’t be down on yourself when you hit a plateau. You can do it!

I eat rso (Rick Simpson oil for google reference) every single night. I have lost almost 80 pounds in a little over a year :two_hearts:

I lost a good amount of weight tracking calories and doing IF. 30 lbs in under a year.

Sweetie, I have been fighting this HARD! I gained on depo, have had 3 kids, then covid! I found a new system that has me feeling :boom:AMAZING​:boom: and I’ve lost :five: pounds this week!! PM if you’d like more details! ◇I even have samples◇

Keto with a calorie deficit. I keep my net carbs around 20 carbs a day and my calories under 1400. I’m 2 months in and down 30lbs.

2 Likes

Small steps…you didn’t gain it overnight so you can’t lose it overnight
Watch your sugar intake; drinks have alot in sugar in them — did you know 3tbsp of ketchup have as much sugar as 1 doughnut?
Swap out fried foods (especially veggies) w/ grilled or steamed veggies
We grill most of the meats we eat
Just some things that have helped me
I lost approx 25 lbs going from 279 to 255…it’s a constant battle

The depo alone caused me to gain alot of weight with no change in diet or excersise. After getting off of it it took me a year to finally start being able to lose weight no matter what i tried.

Don’t do keto if you can keep it up.
I did it and lost a lot of weight, but after reintroducing carbs even slowly I gained all of it back and then some.
Give your body a break mama. I had my son in January too and I’m still a whale. I lost all the pregnancy weight but I got pregnant at my heaviest weight. Try to make good home cooked meals in the crock pot so that way you’re not spending hours cooking. Good luck!

Once I got my eating back on track (I still eat ice cream and sweets DAILY, no joke lmao) and working out 4-5 times a week I went down 25lbs!

1 Like

Best advice I was given is to manage your calories. I didn’t even realize how many calories I was drinking and eating. So I now eat about 1400 or less and just budget them. Track you food intake on apps yo get an idea of what your eating and how much. I hear good things about ketones and royal jelly but haven’t taken that step. Good luck

It does cause weight gain, from a few pounds to a few sizes up. So…research it

JJ Smith 10 day green smoothie cleanse. You can follow an amazing group on Facebook. 3 smoothies and delicious snacks every day. Look into her Liver Focus as well.

I use smart products, try stay low carb & low impact exercises at moment…bum knee!

I started a “diet” Jauary 15th and its now July 6th and im down 60 lbs. Here is what i did. Water, and if I want iced tea (I hate soda), I dilute the iced tea with half water. Chicken/turkey and veg for dinner like 5 days a week, or whole grain/wheat pasta as a treat. Wild rice mostly but I splurge sometimes. Breakfast is usually either oatmeal, turkey bacon, or egg whites. Portion control. I used to eat triple. All home cooked, I completely cut out fast food as it always gave me diarrhea and indigestion. Snacks are usually fruit but I sometimes eat nuts or something else. No junk food snacks. Protein bars for on the go. Skim milk instead of full fat. All these small changes dropped me 60 lbs in 6 months. I only work out slightly (at home). Its hard to give up yummy fatty food as I do crave it, but ive never felt better. My heartburn is gone, my indigestion and diarrhea is gone. I went from pooping out fatty junk 3 times a day to normal 1 day poops. Its worth it. Best of luck.

Well for starters if you can get of that depo shot that is the main cause right there …happened to me and is happening to a friend of mine …

Calorie deficit 100%!

1 Like

Diet!! What you eat is very important to weight. Just make sure you’re fueling your body with good foods. Walking! Drinking water!

Cut out any fatty and processed foods, cut out soda, cut out fast food and snacks, etc. Start counting calories and exercising. I had gallstones and was waiting to get my gallbladder removed after giving birth, so cut out all fat that I possibly could from my diet, and I lost all the extra baby weight. And that was before even exercising. I’ve also been on depo for years.

I got a full time job and built cars for 12 hours 3-4 hours a week and lost a shitload of weight lmao

Stay away from the depo shot!