How to make iced coffee from home?

What’s the best way you mamas make iced coffee at home? If my bf works then I have our twins alone so I just make hot coffee, but when he is off we go to Dunkin. I much rather prefer iced coffee. But I don’t wanna keep spending money on dunks if I don’t have to lol. I had the Mr. coffee iced maker, and I hated it so we no longer have it. I have tried brewing hot coffee and placing it in the fridge, but I don’t fully like that here either. Any ideas or iced coffee makers you highly recommend? TIA!

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to make iced coffee from home?

Use instant coffee. You can make caramel macchiato with the instant coffee as well. Use 2 tsp with 2 oz of hot water. Or just buy the cold coffees from the grocery stores. Saving some money to buy the nespresso machine :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Finally a post I feel confident to comment on! Haha

I use a container I got at the dollar store to fill up with the typical amount of coffee ground/water ratio based on the OZ of water in the container. I usually let it steep in the fridge for 12-14 hours then strain with a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher! The longer you let the coffee steep the more tannins (bitterness) comes through the coffee.

Syrup and half and half I think is a better creamer than the pre-made stuff for iced coffee!! But I’m lazy so I just use the pre-made stuff.

I’ve been doing this for a few months and I love the results! Best of luck!

1 Like

I just buy the pre-made iced black coffees from the store and then add my regular creamer to it :slightly_smiling_face:

Brew the coffee put coffee in ice tray let it freeze then you make your coffee again then pour it over the ice and either creamer or milk. The ice cubes will keep it cold but it won’t water it down since it’ll be frozen coffee.

Make your coffee regularly and just add ice! I add French vanilla creamer and it tastes just like Dunkin’s and doesn’t need sugar

Starbucks cold brew i get at costco, chocolate oat milk and ice mm

Make ice cubes of the coffee and then make coffee with the ice cubes

Keurig with the iced coffee setting and a dunkin k cup!

Starbucks cold coffee with vanilla creamer (blue bottle is best) and whipped cream. My daughter puts chocolate or caramel syrup on the sides and on top but I find it super sweet lol

They have the kuerig pods for the iced coffee now you just make it the way you would for the hot coffee you put ice in your cup before brewing and add sugar or whatever you want in it n add more ice they have different flavors too

I do instant coffee for mine make a cup at a time. 1 scoop coffee add water stir add creamer stir add ice and I’m good to go.

Target has a Takeya 2 quart ice coffee brewer; you put your grounds in, fill with water and place in the fridge for like 24-48 hours. Best iced coffee ever and you can dilute if it’s too strong because you are essentially making a coffee concentrate. If you are like me and don’t like actually going out to go shopping, just look at the iced coffee brewers on amazon. There are dozens. They consist of a glass pitcher, a reusable filter in the middle and a lid.

1 Like

Make coffee. Let cool. Add ice lol