How to make my ex step up and be a dad?

You cant im sorry he would be there for his children if he wanted to be x

Do you realize what you asking? You asking to make straight the tree that growing sideways. It’s impossible

You can’t make any one be a father.

He has to want to be a dad

You don’t. He either does or doesn’t

My ex husband wants to pay child support so he doesn’t have to spend time with them. Told him I didn’t want a dime if he would some time with them. I was abandoned as a child and have had issues every since and never wanted my babies to go through that. They will call and beg him to come see them or just to call them back. They have an amazing step dad and an amazing relationship with him but it still doesn’t fill that void.

Why do you want someone like that in your life grooming your kids to treat you horribly? It’s a frigging gift that he doesn’t want anything to do with them.

Let the courts handlehim. Sounds like hes doing u a favor. Hes the one missing out hon. Sounds like u may oughtto count ur blessings that he isnt in those babys lives. Just cause someone made a baby, doesnt mean they shld be in that childs life.sometimes the children are better off not knowing dad, especially when dad is mentally abusing mom. Ur babies dont nd to hear daddy cutting u down, so consider it a blessing hes not soending any time with them rt now. Sounds like daddy needs to grow up and realize what a precous gift uve given him with those 2 babies. Good luck hon,wish i had some better advice for u.

3 Likes

Sign up for food stamps, wic, housing in your state. Get your ; year old and ELC voucher (differs by state) which should lower the price of daycare. She should be in VPK by now if I’m not mistaken so it’s significantly lower and it’s based off of income you just have to find a school that accepts the voucher. Look for at home work. Idk if you live with someone but if you have a computer or internet some jobs will even send you equipment. You can work. You just have to find a way that works for you.

1 Like

Yes he should do his part, but you can’t force someone to be a parent. You need to take it through the court and they can split daycare expenses and deal with the child support. You can’t depend on him so honestly you’ll need to find a way to work. If you take it to court, they’re going to need to see you’re doing the right and best thing too. I know it’s hard. Trust me, my ex husband completely stopped being a dad when I filed for divorce. Haven’t seen or heard from him in over a year. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

There’s nothing you can do to make him a dad unfortunately. One day he’ll learn. He’ll learn the hard way. Regrets and remorse are always in the end.

Move on without him. Someday if your kids want to connect with him they will. I’ve been there.

Hopefully your child support has been setup through the state you are in. If not, take your order to them and have it go through there. There are programs like headscarf and help with paying child care while your working or in school.

He can get as mad as he wants, its his fault the court had to assign child support, I don’t know why some people (man or woman) think they shouldn’t have to support the kids they helpped to create.
Mine paid his cs but didn’t have much interest in seeing his kids, still doesn’t, but they are now adults and understand better.

Good luck.

Oh and if you can get all the information you can about his job and income.

So you left him because of his negative habits. Why do you want your son to be back around it? Your sending mixed messages. See if your state has child care partnerships which help pay for daycare. There are resources out there that will help you but you have to find them good luck!

There’s nothing you can do. I begged my child’s father to help/be active for 5 years. I finally decided enough was enough. Please take my advice and don’t do that to yourself. Anyone who doesn’t want to be a part of their life, support them, and help them grow doesn’t deserve it anyway :woman_shrugging:t2: you’ve got this momma :muscle:t3::heart:

You can’t do anything to make someone give a crap. You just have to decide whether to let your kids be subjected to a minute dad or a full time dad. If he’s not in the picture and doesn’t want to be, time to terminate his rights so the kids don’t have to deal with a dad that doesn’t care. I’ve been there, keep your chin up and be mom & dad to those beautiful babies :heart:

you can’t make him come around or change him. I did that for years although he was paying child support every month my ex husband didn’t want to come around our 2 sons . He wanted me to have full custody and everything, I chased him thinking it wasn’t right that he doesn’t want to see his son and wants to go out and play. stupid me I was . Unfortunately, he passed December before New Years after we saw him on Christmas and December 27th . he took his own life. These last couple years we were on good terms no chasing. Even if he were still alive the custody agreement would not have changed . He wanted the boys with me 24/7 .

He’ll NEVER STEP UP, you can’t force it. Do what’s best for you & the kids.

Maybe do childcare in your home?

I would just go to court. You said he’s quite abusive, and you didn’t want him around your son… I would go for full custody and drop the loser

You don’t. That’s not your job.

Nothing you can do all the court can do is make him pay child support.