How to manage morning sickness?

I’m 17 weeks pregnant with my second one and nauseous/getting sick ALL day everyday, I’m on sick pills but my insurance only allows me so many pills/refills at onetime. Does anyone know any good home remedies for nausea?

18 Likes

Sucking on fresh cut lemons helped me a lot.

2 Likes

Ginger ale and ginger snap cookies or saltine crackers

1 Like

Ginger candy, ginger snaps, ginger tea.

1 Like

Peppermints! That and lemon juice was a lifesaver for me

1 Like

Gatorade every two hours

1 Like

Vitamin b6 and unisom

1 Like

Hot peppermint tea with a slice of lemon helped me a ton!!

1 Like

I used boiled ginger root

2 Likes

Unisom & 25 mg of B6. My doctor told me it’s the exact same thing as Diclegis.

2 Likes

Goodrx! U can not use ur insurance and get better prices on alot of med. Esp if they are giving you zofran

1 Like

Nothing I tried worked. I was the same way, sick all day everyday. Nauseated, throwing up, food aversion, major fatigue. It was hell until a few weeks into the second trimester.

2 Likes

Room temperature Coca Cola worked for me that’s what my dr suggested

1 Like

Prego pops, suckers and hard candy

1 Like

Its gonna sound weird but smell rubbing alcohol or witch hazel when you feel nauseous

1 Like

Unisom + B6 was a lifesaver for me

1 Like

Drink sprite, eat saltines are some old home remedies.

1 Like

No idea why but I would bake chicken or get rotisserie chicken and eat it cold from the fridge and it always worked

1 Like

B6 vitamins! I didn’t get sick at all after I started taking it.

1 Like

Google it. There are natural things to help.

1 Like

Peach juice. Just little bits at a time. I don’t know why but it works

1 Like
1 Like

3kids all nausea for full pregnancies chew gum

1 Like

Make gatorade ice cubes! Helped me a ton! And suck on thoes

2 Likes

Ginger ale/vernors and ive heard rumors about drinking the syrup from canned peaches

1 Like

Gatorade…get those preggo pop’s from Wal-Mart or i think rite aide has them to…they helped me a lot…

1 Like

Eat a couple saltine crackers before you even get out of bed in the morning. Like as soon as you open your eyes eat a couple.
Seabands bracelets.
Peppermint oil.

2 Likes

There is a pregnancy sickness out that causes extreme sickness

1 Like

ginger beer, ginger nut biscuits

1 Like

B6 and Pepcid.
Not Pepto.
Ginger ale or Pepsi (I used breakfast juice glasses. Got 2 a goodwill for a $1)
Try bread, a friend put a small amount of pb on reg bread and it helped her. Downside, she hates pb now. Lol

2 Likes

Sniff fresh lemons!!! Only thing that worked for me…dig your fingernails into the peel to make the juices come out and sniff away!!! Best natural antiamedic there is.

1 Like

My friend swears by eatting a green apple grated!!

1 Like

Flat room temperature coke

1 Like

I kept ginger mints in my purse for sudden spouts of nausea. You can find them at any vitamin store.

1 Like

saltin crackerginger ale

1 Like

If you go buy unisom that will help with your morning sickness, it deffinty helped me.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My OB gave me a ton of samples. Maybe call and see if your OB will give samples?

1 Like

Get ginger chews. They have different flavors. Also try preggo pops or whatever. Saltines. Ginger ale.

1 Like

Herbal Sleepy time mint tea calms stomachs

2 Likes

Water with Lemon, it was the only thing that helped me when I was pregnant with my daughter

1 Like

An old school trick we use in nursing is to sniff an alcohol swab when you are nauseated.

1 Like

Sip on ginger ale or flat coke, nibble on crackers, and if you can help it at times your just getting up or when it comes on at any point of day, try your best to sit still.

3 Likes

Soda crackers and ginger ale really anything with ginger - ginger snaps , ginger bread etc.

1 Like

Peppermint tea worked wonders for me

1 Like

I was sick the entire time with my son if you can find them root beer barrels and peppermint oil. I still lost 40 pounds pregnant but it helped

1 Like

Someone recommended b6 said it was the main ingredient in a lot of the prescriptions for morning sickness

1 Like

My daughter was on the Zolfran pump also. She was so sick she was losing weight. It helped her through that period. Your dr can get it covered.

1 Like

I can’t stand sour candy, but it’s the only thing that helped with my nausea.

1 Like

Ginger is good and peppermint candy or tea

1 Like

Peppermint sticks like Bob’s. Or peppermint tea always helped.

1 Like

If you are too sick for too long go into the hospital for fluids and they can give you iv zofran.
I had the same problem, I had 14 pills to last me 1 month and I have to take them twice daily mine is so severe. I spoke to my doctor and she got a higher prescription amount sent in.

1 Like

Unisom and b6 was a life saver for me

2 Likes

Sounds weird, but you know fruit that comes in a can?? If you sip the juice, it calms the tummy… Don’t know why, but I didn’t believe it until it worked…

1 Like

I took decligis and my OB said it’s really just unisom and B6.

1 Like

Set saltine crackers on your nightstand before you go to bed tonight. First thing when you wake up, set up slowly eat a few crackers, before you get up. Now eat a few throughout the day as needed. Also, chamamille tea has a natural ingredient for nausea and heartburn, sweeten with honey and lemon, drink hot or cold. Best of luck

1 Like

Ginger tea or peppermint

1 Like

B6 and unisom before bed and sea bands

1 Like

Mint gum. Mint helps with nausea alot

1 Like

If your insurance doesn’t cover Zofran , then use B6 and unisom. Unisom is over the counter…
Only things that worked for me and I had hyperemesis with 4 out of my 5 children, I’m sorry, it really sucks

2 Likes

Someone said their doctor prescribed this for nausea when they couldn’t afford the pills for it.

1 Like

When my insurance denied medication for nausea my obgyn suggest B6 and unisom!

1 Like

Try room temperature apple juice little sips and nibble graham crackers

3 Likes

ginger candy at Kroger in the nutrition department

1 Like

Throw up or swallow next time lol sorry mama hope u feel better justhad my second and had horrible morning sickness the whole damn thing ugh and slept 2 hours every night sometimes skipping a whole nights sleep omce a blue moon

Honestly, you’ll have to see what worked for you. I’m on baby number three. First two I was severely ill the entire day all the way til delivery. My anti nausea meds did nothing. I tried every hack in the book with the first two. EVERYTHING. and nothing helped. Like every hour I was vomiting. It was awful. I drank Pepsi when I attempted to eat because I was burping instead of puking. But it didn’t always work.
This baby, my meds work and I drink alot of hot beverages. You’re more unlikely to vomit up warm liquid since your body temp is warm inside, then cold items that shock your tummy and end up aggregate. So like hot or room temperature beverages are better.
It just depends on what helps you in the end. Everyone is different.

1 Like

If you’re taking any, you may want to cut down on some of the vitamin/mineral supplements. Your body is altering its chemistry to accommodate your passenger, that can really effect how it absorbs nutrients. If your nausea went away, would you be able to eat a wide range of healthy foods? If so, you may not actually need to supplement with synthetic vitamins/minerals…

1 Like