How to naturally start labor?

Brisk walk. Worked for all 3 of my kids

All of you saying don’t let them induce you need to understand that the chance of a stillborn baby doubles after 39 wks. NOT a chance I’ll ever take again.

8 Likes

I bounced a ton on my couch cushion and also ate an entire pineapple and had sex. My son was born 38w2D

Lots of walking, lots of movement, sooo much sex, and I was told going out mudding with both my kids :woman_shrugging: good luck! We tired to induce with my first and it didn’t do anything but put me into more contractions for a week. I believe unless there is medical issues for you and or baby I would say skip that and just let things run it’s corse. Your little will know when they are ready to grace the World with their presences :heart:

The only real way to induce naturally is a membrane sweep. I was 1cm when the doctor did a membrane sweep and had contractions and my baby 2 days later

Alot of walking and sex!!!

Just tell him you don’t want to be induced and would like to go into labor naturally ,it’s your right .

1 Like

Walk ,sex, Luke warm bath worked for me :blush:

Refuse it.
Why does your doctor want to do that?!
Induction should ONLY be for medical emergencies…
if your doctor just wants to do it “just because” then I’d get a new doctor.

3 Likes

Tablespoons of castor oil every day.

5 Likes

If there’s no medical reason then tell them you don’t want to be induced.
Other than that, pointless trying to do the old wives tales. Baby will come when ready!
Tried everything with my first boy & he still never came until 41+6.

5 Likes

Why is your doctor trying to make you induce before 40 weeks. My doctors office wouldn’t consider induction (other than if medically necessary) until 41 weeks

1 Like

Sex sex sex worked with both my kids

Why do they want to induce? They usually don’t induce unless it’s a medical problem or you’re overdue.

1 Like

Do what you did to get pregnant

7 Likes

Walking helps, I was 40 weeks and waiting.
One day I decided to take a walk up our neighborhood steps, 39 of them. Up and down.
3am the very next morning, water broke.:relieved:
Might have helped or maybe it was just her time to come.

DO NOT TAKE CASTOR OIL❗ That can harm you and your baby. It could potentially kill you or your baby.

9 Likes

Walk walk walk walk walk walk ……….:+1:t3::grin:

1 Like

Walk, walk, walk… Sex, start pumping…

My doctor induced me with my last 3 2 at 39 weeks bc I asked him to. The other at 37 bc medical issues. My first just happened naturally at 39. Both felt the same pain wise as far as labor. It is a pinch and pressure breaking ur water. Naturally I didn’t have any pain till contractions started eventually it was my longest labor tho lol. He shouldn’t try and make u induce tho. It’s ur choice. I honestly don’t believe anything can make it happen other than a doctor I tried EVERYTHING with my last 3. Lots of nipple stimulation did make me start contracting tho

Acupuncture, in few hours you will be in labor.

Some swear by eating some pizza!

1 Like

Having intercourse can naturally induce labor

3 Likes

Tell you doctor no and just be patient

5 Likes

Eat fresh pineapple! That’s what made me dilate

1 Like

Listen to your doc. If he wants to induce you, there is probably a good reason.

4 Likes

Nothing that baby is going to come when it’s ready walk , rest and drink plenty of water

1 Like

Walking a lot an eating heavy food

Go out on walks, drink raspberry leaf tea, and yes, someone said before Intercourse also helps.

1 Like

Sex. Both my kids came early that way😅

You know you have the right to plan your birth …. But sex

Sperm helps a lot.Do it daily

Nothing baby will come when ready if not then they just give you meds to start contractions and up it ever so often ! Nothing bad I had to have it with both of mine

2 Likes

For those saying don’t, you know there are legit health concerns that could be going on. Sex is a good way also recommended, all other ways are up for a 50/50 chance.

I don’t know why people try and start labour off, it will happen when baby is ready, I was 40+5 when I had to get induced and I had no waters left at all, and I wasn’t even in labour, just wait til baby is ready

1 Like

My Dr wouldn’t induce me until 41 weeks :roll_eyes: seggsy time is the best way to induce labor

1 Like

For the research I’ve done when I was pregnant. Apparently intercourse and playing with nipples

1 Like

A lot of walking, pineapple, use breast pump, rocking on chair, exercise ball, and sex

Tell your doctor :sparkles:no​:sparkles:

As a nicu mom to even a 37 weeker… keep baby in there as long as possible

2 Likes

Walk and sex but in the end it’ll happen when it’s supposed to or you’ll be induced

Lots of walking put me into labor with my first one and using my breast pump put m.j e into labor with my second one!!

I did the deed, ate spicy food, and walked. In that order, and was up all night with contractions. Delivered the next day lol

Sex, bouncing on an exercise ball, spicy food, apparently pineapple juice helps too?
Sex, walking, sex, try to express colostrum or milk, it causes contractions and can kickstart labour, sex.

Membrane sweep! They will do it at 38 weeks. I had 2 done. Labor started that night, baby the next day :heart: Good luck!

2 Likes

If there are no medical issues, I strongly encourage you to go into labor naturally. I have had 3 kids going into labor naturally. 2 at 40 weeks 3 days and 1 at 40 weeks 6 days.

1 Like

Having a baby naturally and trying to induce labor are on opposite sides of the spectrum there…

3 Likes

Pumping can help induce labor. I never got to try it but wanted to. My last living baby needed to come at 37w

You can alwaus ask for a membrane strip before your scheduled induction. That’s what I’m doing, and my first membrane strip worked like a charm and within 48 hours my water broke on it’s own, so I’m hoping we’ll be in the hospital before the induction date. :black_heart::metal:

What’s with the medical profession pushing inductions! Makes me sick!!! If you and your baby have no risks please say no! You have the right to refuse induction. Do your research mama.

7 Likes

Nothing helped me with my last pregnancy. I was induced at exactly 39weeks.

1 Like

Just tell them no you don’t want to get induced they can’t make you

Are the drs concerned about your health or babys health ? If not then just refuse to be induced.
Sex is good for starting labour or spicy food but honestly…baby comes when its time to be born and not before. Women have such horror stories of being induced several times with no result id refuse if you are both healthy

You can decline induction - of course you will want you and baby healthy! There are lots of things that can help such as sex (sperm eat away at your cervix), walking, squats, activating labor yoga (on YouTube), curb walking, stairs, nipple stimulation, using an exercise ball

However none of these things will actually induce you unless baby is right there and your body is ready :heart:

I was 42 weeks. Had to be induced it’s not a bad thing Hun!

Babies come when they come. Trying to induce labor just puts more stress on baby and mama.

3 Likes

Orgasm will help and eat something with olive oil like a salad

2 Likes

Sex nipple simulation really works

You can try intercourse and nipple stimulation, but honestly… that baby is not coming until it’s ready.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to letting the baby come when ready. Unless it was an emergency :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If there isn’t a medical reason for it then I would refuse it.

4 Likes

I get the question, but your sentence completely contradicts itself. You don’t want “to be induced” by the doctor….you want the baby “to come naturally”……but then ask for ways of “inducing” labor yourself :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow: umm that’s not the baby “coming naturally” …….if you want the baby to come naturally, then just wait for the baby to come naturally​:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s so much harder than everyone says. I tried everything with my youngest and she was still 3 days late

Eating curry, having sex, raspberry leaf tea. I went into Labour when my bump heard fireworks.

I had my membrane sweeping done at 38 weeks as i was already dilated and lost my plug and still didn’t work so at 39 weeks and 3 days
i got fresh pineapple (2) and a bag of carrots i juiced them drank half of it at 4 just when my fiance came home then we walked around our block (wanted to just lay down and sleep in the street) was about an hour arrived home drank the other half and exactly 11 when we headed to bed i thought i peed myself but my water broke and strong contractions started my baby was born and he is 5 months old today❤

Tell them no, if you don’t want to you don’t have to. You’re the boss not them

1 Like

Trying to induce increases your chances of needing a c-section.

Unless medically necessary then just tell them no you won’t be induced. They can’t do it against your will

1 Like

They can induce you but it doesn’t always work…

Easy tell the doctor you dont want to chemically induce… you body and your baby knows what to do and when

Sex. Within 4 hours after, my water broke and I was in labor. We had tried spicy food, a big meal, greasy meal, walking, exercise, anything you’d google. Sex is what did it.

I think it’s proven that emergency c-section is less likely if the baby is born around 39 weeks. I believe some doctors are doing this now because if you and the baby are healthy, they want to get you in and out of the hospital as quickly as possible, to reduce the risk of contracting Covid. C-sections mean a longer hospital stay and increased risk. You might be able to ask your doctor to try sweeping the membranes when you get close to 39 weeks. (That is, if they don’t mention it first to you). Also, cervical checks get things going, as well.

Evening primrose capsules x2 4 times a day…totally natural and safe have 5 babies used every time…helps to soften cervix and helps to dilate… also insert x2 at night​:ok_hand:t5: good luck muma :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Take castor oil. The whole little bottle in orange juice concentrate (frozen)

2 Likes

stretch n sweep and walking heaps of walking

Pineapple juice.
Fish oil pills. (Insert one a night).
Sex (he needs to cum inside you).
Walk/Squats.
These 3 things soften the cervix and help throw you into labor.
All my beautiful labor and delivery fam & doctor recommended/cleared to be safe.
I didn’t think it was true to work until three days before my induction. Literally a day before my induction I went into labor. That was the 3rd day I did this.
Good luck girly! You got this!!

ETA: Do NOT EVER take ‘Castor Oil’. This is EXTREMELY outdated and EXTREMELY harmful to you and baby. Studies show it can result in infant loss. Don’t do it.

I wouldn’t do anything to try and induce your labor early because you never know what kind of effect can happen on your baby… if they want to induce you then there must be a reason. I suggest you talk to your dr and don’t do anything you read here or on the internet

DO NOT DRINK CASTOR OIL!!! IT HAS BEEN KNOW TO BE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO YOUR BABY!!! Don’t do it

5 Likes

I walked up and down hills and did squats. The Dr said nipple stimulation but I believe them walks did it for me, it was my only child my water broke and I went into labor at home without starting pitocin. Sex, orgasm and sperm all can help and massage. Go to a massage therapist trained they know certain pressure points that stimulate contractions to get labor going as well.

Pineapple juice worked work me. Drank a ton, went into labor. Not sure if the two are correlated though. :laughing::pineapple:

1 Like

Why does your Dr want to induce early? In my expirence there’s a reason.

Baby will come when it wants to. If it has to be induced for your or baby safety then it’s what has to happen.

Unless medical necessary refuse an induction.

4 Likes

Unless medically necessary, you can decline an induction

2 Likes

Squats ,walking sex ,

Listen…i tried everything and my baby was still 8 days late. Started trying at 37 weeks. Dont take castor oil. Dont jump on trampolines. Literally had someone tell me that. Dont do it! I had my membranes scraped 2 times with my second and it worked the second time. Baby will come when ready…

1 Like

Drink that red tea everyone talks about. I drank it twice and went into labour 3 weeks early, I had no idea it worked that fast lol

Let that baby come when they are ready and tell your doctor NO unless it’s medically necessary. Don’t rush the natural process unless there are reasons.

4 Likes

Sex sex sex walking sex sex sex walk and more sex lol. Did I mention sex? Also…KRAFT mac n cheese topped with A1 steak sauce. Idk why the old wives tale works but it worked for me both times I tried it :rofl:

oily salad dressing, lots of water…

Castor oil. Had my son the next day.

2 Likes

I’ve had 5 kids and tried all of these suggestions. Absolutely nothing worked. They all ended up being over due. I was scheduled with each one to be induced but literally the day before being induced or the morning of before going to the hospital I went into labour. I’m now 37 weeks with my 6th and have to be induced in a week’s time due to medical issues. Legit shitting myself over it cos she’s gonna be early but I know that it’s necessary for her health and safety as well as mine. Your doctor is looking out for your health and your babies health. They wouldn’t schedule an induction unless necessary. Normally they’ll let you go until 41 weeks and then schedule induction if everything is ok. So something is worrying them that your not quite understanding so I’d be asking questions.

1 Like

I was induced after a week late my drs. Told me before to stretch walk have sex if can tolerate just try and move and I was induced twice with 2 out of 3 pregnancies 2nd one 2 weeks late 3rd a week late

Try drinking tea made from cumin seed.

My doctor scheduled me to be induced and told me to help at home, lots of walking, sex, and pineapple. So, we bought pineapple, went for a few walks around the neighborhood and had lots of sex, and then did it again and again. I was IN labor when I went in to be induced and didn’t even know it.

take castor oil the night before. you are right Alicia.

1 Like

My doc stripped my membranes for both my babes and they were both born that next day. Not saying it was comfortable by any means but those babies came either way :joy:

Let bubs cook for another few weeks
It will come when it’s ready to make an entrance
If you for medical reasons can’t wait that long
These methods work
A get hubby to drive down a lot of bumpy dirt roads
Or have a lot of sex
Both will induce labor

Sex and a beer/1 glass of wine

I was scheduled for induction at 40 weeks, but I naturally went into labor at 39+2. About 2 weeks before, I started eating dates, fresh cut pineapples, kiwi, and drinking raspberry leaf tea everyday.

Lol just wait for it to come out naturally TRUST ME!!!