How to night time potty train?

How can you nightime potty trainkids? my twins are potty trained during the day and do great but they still wet the bed at night…how can we train them not to do this?

15 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to night time potty train?

Cut their fluids off sooner or check in on them and figure out when they normally go in the bed then wake them up to go potty about 30 minutes before.

Wake them up to use the bathroom right before you go to bed

3 Likes

Keep them potty training during the Day and put pull ups on them at night. Once they go a whole week of waking up with a dry diaper that means they are night time trained.

2 Likes

You potty train them at nighttime getting them up and taking them to the bathroom every couple hours. They have way smaller bladders then us adults do and need help recognizing the signs. Cut off fluid intake at a certain time before bedtime. Yes it’s hard to potty train kids at night but if you’re consistent with getting them up every couple hours then they’ll learn the signs

1 Like

Some kids are bedwetters. My brother in law peed the bed until he was 15. No matter if you wake them or not. They have some kind of issues usually psychologically. But if your child is still a Toddler then just give it time. Some kids are slower than others.

1 Like

I stopped giving them fluids a bit before bed time, and then woke them as I was getting ready to go to bed. Sometimes again throughout the night if I got up to use the toilet. Didn’t take long.

1 Like

Stop the fluid intake sooner, make sure they go potty before they go to bed, and let them wear pull ups at night time. When they start waking up dry, consistently, you can put them back in underwear at night.

2 Likes

Kids will stay dry at night where they are ready. My last daughter was dry at night for months before she was potty trained. She was my 5th.

1 Like

Wake them up or use pull ups & bed pads.
Some kids take a while to outgrow it. Their bodies aren’t in tune yet.
Boys can take longer & it’s not uncommon for night wets to continue until high school.
Pls be patient if they take a while. As they age, they feel bad enough.

1 Like

Wake them up at least once to potty during the night

1 Like

Night time is developmental. It happens when their body is ready.
Do not limit fluids. Dehydration happens over night.

5 Likes

All u can really do is stop fluids 2 hours before bed and potty directly b4 bed, usually grow outta this

You don’t. It’s a developmental thing.
You can stop liquids a certain time before bed (which I personally am not a fan of), you can make sure they potty right before bed. You can read the books and do the things. But you can’t train anyone to do things in their sleep. It just takes time and development

1 Like

How old? Most kiddos don’t even night train til 5-6

Keep them in pull-ups until they start waking up dry. When you notice the pull up is dry every day for a couple weeks, then go back to underwear. There’s no rush for this. For some kids it’s 2, others its 4 or 5, sometimes kids wet the bed till they’re 12. It’ll happen when it happens.

3 Likes

Stop giving them fluids before bed ,take them to the bathroom before bed, put pull ups on and buy some bed fitted protector to protect the mattress from the pee

1 Like

Stop fluid intake early and just go with it. You can put them in underwear with rubber pants that will make them feel wet instead of absorbent diapers or pull-ups. I suggest putting water proof liners under them for easier clean up it’s a process

1 Like

Use pull ups and nothing to drink after 6:00 pm and bathroom before bed

1 Like

My 2 year old surprisingly took to potty training very quickly & I learned that she will only pee at night if she has a pull-up on because she knows they will absorb it. Might help to just have them wear underwear to bed & a pad under them, but I’m sure its not going to be the same situation for all kiddos.

My daughter wet the bed until she was 9, we asked the doctor about it and they actually have to release a hormone that tells them they need to get up and go to the bathroom.

1 Like

It’s kind of hard on me but would rather do this instead of stripping peed on bed, but i do have a crib mattress protector in case i don’t wake up in time to do THIS, but I’ve always been a light sleeper but here is what i do. I’m a greatgrandmother so lots of experience. Only had to do this for 1 grandchild out of 11 so far. I have raised 9 of them because they live in my house. Working mama and absent daddy. Adopted 3 of my grandchildren. Have 4 greatgrandsons living here now. To get to the point! NOW! I have to get the 4 year old up at least once or twice depending on how long he sleeps from 10 to 13 hrs. Usually once. Boys are easy. I keep a large empty plastic coffee container beside crib. I stand him up and let him pee in the container. Then i wash and sterilize it. SO EASY. He goes right back to sleep. Easy peasy. With a girl you would have to do it different. What is REALLY easy is to keep a potty chair for adults in bedroom for either girl or boys. Put it right by bed. Get them up to use it and can just take removable part and empty and wash or wait till morning to empty and wash. It’s just pee. With the 8 others never had a problem. This last one is a HEAVY sleeper but has gotten used to peeing in coffee container. DON’T judge me. I’m 77 and it works for us.

3 Likes

You just put a pull up on them until they quit peeing at night. Waking them up is unnecessary and so is stopping their liquid intake. This is what my pediatrician told me to do with my daughter

1 Like

No liquids from 6pm, toilet routine before bed and compliments as their nappies stay drier🥰

2 Likes

I didn’t bother trying to potty train over night. I put a diaper on just before tucking them in. Once they woke up dry for a week, I switched to underwear. I bought a couple washable pads to keep the bed dry in the event of an accident.

Inspire Washable and Reusable Absorbent Underpad Robot or human?

She told me she was ready for no pull up at night, only peed the bed 2 times, if she had underwear on she would pee if she slept with no pants or underware she did not pee…

l Get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18621 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth133.pages.dev/

1 Like

With both of my kids I would set my alarm for every couple hours, wake them up, take to the bathroom, and back to bed, so that there bodies would get in the routine of waking up to potty. After a couple days make it every few hours. Worked great for us, there now 15 and 9 and no accidents

Don’t give them anything to drink a couple or so hours before bed, send them right before bed, and DO NOT use pull-ups. Let them have accidents. They will start to learn to hold it overnight.

The child body will do the night time traning. You can provide pull ups or diaper. Until the child wakes up dry. You can also limit their drinks at night. An hour or two before bed. And just a sip when put to bed. Make sure they use the bathroom before going to bed. You can also wake them up to use the bathroom. But that one would be a last resort. I hope this helps.

Other than waking up in the middle of the night to take them to the potty… you wait till they do it on their own.