How to parent a child through loss?

How do I parent my teenager and toddler while my mom is dying? I’m so lost and it’s so sudden.
:cold_sweat:

19 Likes

You just try you’re best. I’m so sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

I would say patience and remember it’s ok to ask for help sometimes just to get a break. I lost my dad when my son was 3 and it’s hard but you have to remember they need you more than anything. With the teenager I would sit him/her down and explain things so they know how your feeling. It might make them want to help a lil bit more with the toddler

2 Likes

You just do. :woman_shrugging: I lost my mom and my sister. It’s hard but you just have to keep their best interest in the front of your mind at all times and just pull yourself through it.

1 Like

Take time to yourself…read a book, take a bubble bath, go shopping, spend time with your mom while she is still here & stay strong for your children. Its ok to cry & hurt but you need to continue to enjoy life with your kids as well❤ Dont forget that you & your health matter too. Sending prayers & love your way🙏

3 Likes

There is no right or wrong way just go with what’s in your heart. Prayers for you and your family its never easy.

1 Like

You just have to do the best you can. Even on days when you feel it’s impossible just remember you can do this and that you are doing a great job. So sorry about your situation. Best of luck to you mama. You’ve got this.:heart:

1 Like

I did it my mom passed a few years ago you can pm me and we can talk. It’s hard but you just do it.

2 Likes

Remember to talk to your teen, explain your feelings, ask theirs. Have patience with your toddler (and ask your teen for help) as toddler picks up on the stress and confusion, but can’t express their own confusion.

1 Like

Pray real hard. Only GOD can handle this for you.

1 Like

Call Hospice for Mom. They’ll give you help, resources. The

1 Like

You do your best and don’t be afraid to reach out for help

1 Like

I’m so sorry girl. You push through the pain and show them true strength. Reach out to those closest to you and hug those tightest.

1 Like