How to parent teens?

Find a youth crisis center they have residential programs that will help.

I’d call the police out and show them them destruction to your new stuff. Find out what is what .

3 Likes

In most place she’s actually right that you can’t kick her out until she’s 18.

Send her to me. She needs redirection. And lots of prayer.

2 Likes

I would start calling the police on her for destruction of property but tou have to be and stay strong its not easy and so very stressful.

1 Like

She should have had her butt spanked, she has no respect

5 Likes

Absolutely not! Being that rebellious teen, I’m grateful for what my mom did… If you have ever heard of love and logic that is a great start to getting a handle on her. One of the biggest things is curfew. Dont let her go out/ stay out past like 10 or 11, and if she’s not in by that time lock her out. Dont allow her back on for her clothes in the morning. If she has a car, take away her driving privileges and don’t stress it. Get one of those sliding locks on the door.

3 Likes

Tell her she wants to act like an adult - fine. She wants to live there and trash her room - she can pay rent and pay for her own things.

3 Likes

Teen challenge is a great program for at risk teens

2 Likes

You sound like a horrible mother. You don’t just toss your kid because they’re being bad. Her behavior is a direct reflection of your parenting. You have obviously fucked up somewhere and considering you don’t seem to be compassionate or empathetic and you jump to kicking her out rather than talking to her or trying to stand in her shoes, I’d say it’s because you’re shitty and you’re never there for her. And if she’s your grandchild and you have custody of her then she’s obviously had a rough life with no one being there for her. Children who have a rough time communicating anything other than anger usually come from parents or guardians that also don’t communicate with them. I have been in her shoes, my father didn’t communicate with me.

As someone who was the rebellious 16 year old with an extreme anger issue and ‘hating’ my parents. I’m guessing that there is a lot more going on in her life then she is letting on.

10 Likes

Tough love is what she needs.

1 Like

All I’m saying is if she were to be picked up with something illegal in her pocket she would prob spend from now till 18 in juvenile detention and your problems would be solved :woman_shrugging:t3: but that’s just a hypothetical situation…

3 Likes

I cant believe all the ‘parents’ on here so quick to say lock her up, have her stay at the boyfriends… even so far as lock up all the food!!! Wtf??? Does any one.person with such harsh comments know the back story to this young lady??? Didn’t think so. So, you said you’re raising your grandchildren and I’m assuming there was a problem with the girls parents or something g drastic that lead to this. Isn’t it entirely possible she is acting out due to any number of emotional instabilities of feelings of bottled up anger and or resentment!!! Children that act out this bad usually do so for an underlying reason that could possibly be helped by some counseling, both individual for her and then also family sessions to work through all this. Also no telling g how this girl was raised and what she has been through. A little understanding goes a LONG way in something g like this. Oh and this is heartfelt advice from a woman who was once a young girl like her…maybe not so extreme, but I had alot of issues growing up that stemmed from emotional issues that were never addressed. Please consider counseling for her before you act out in anger or resentment and potentially make it worse. P.s not making excuses for her or in ANY way excusing her behavior at all…she sounds waayyyyy out of control and it isn’t ok by any means. But also sounds like she needs help

9 Likes

Sounds like this is the grandparent. So there is definitely deeper issues and therapy should be discussed before kicking her out. She’s angry and if she is kicked out it is going to tell her she isn’t wanted and I’m assuming she is already missing something from her mother and father.

3 Likes

Have you tried putting her in therapy. Also, if she is being destructive or violent, keep calling police. If a 11 yrcold can be charged as an adult for murder in this country, she can be held responsible for herself. Remind her adults earn respect. Behavior like hers shows immense immaturity. There are group homes or impatient mental health treatment facilities she could be placed in. Let her know, yup I am responsible for your safety so if you dont act safely,I will have to place you somewhere secure for safety.

Everyone saying she’s acting out for a reason not all teens need a reason. I was an ungrateful lil bitch for a few years. My parents are great and always have been. Their last straw was destroying their property. Dad whooped my ass and my mother packed my shit. They put me out with the boyfriend I thought was sooooo wonderful at the time.
they kept an eye from a distance. But it’s what I needed.
That was almost 15 years ago and since then I have nothing but respect for my parents.

They took the other route with my sister.
Word of advice. It didn’t work out very well for any of them :woman_shrugging:t2: raising her 2 kids and a very long drug history. Thousandsof dollars and pawned family Heirlooms we will never get back.
Nip it in the ass NOW!

Everyone saying its grandma’s fault and she needs more attention missed that there are 3 other grandkids in the house.

1 Like

down here in ms. in perry county a person has to voluntear to go to boot camp

Honey you deserve better

2 Likes

I was kicked out at 13 and the police okayed it

1 Like

Depending on some states 17 can be considered and adult I would check the laws in your state cause if it’s 17 you can legally kick her out at 17!

1 Like

You may not be able to kick her out, but you damn sure can call the cops due to her unruliness!

Call the police when she doesnt come home. If she wants to play those “police rules” games, hit her back with them!

8 Likes

Get a CHINS (Child In Need of Services) you go to the courthouse and ask the clerk’s office to help you.

If she’s not in school and she still living there make her get a job if she doesn’t have one already…
Curfew, house rules, chores and she is in your house… she needs to go by your rules. if she doesn’t like it she can go live with her boyfriend…

Take away her pride and joy things… Her tablet, phone, computer, car keys, ability to go out with boyfriend and friends…

or if you feel like she’s 17 almost 18 and she needs to get out and do her own thing if she’s not in school you can legally do it…

I personally would do the first part but if any of my kids would act like that I beat their fucking asses…

I wouldn’t kick her out for being reblious but def make her pay rent. And possenion is law so everything in her room is yours.

scared straight jail for a couple days

Send her to therapy h take away her privileges… car? Take her keys. When she’s not home by curfew, have the police pick her up. If push comes to shove, have dcs vome get her. You can’t properly take care of the other kids if u have the oldest vandalizing things & running over u

2 Likes

I called the police when one of my kids threatened me and they basically told my kid that if I can’t control him, they would put him in a place where he will be controlled, one way or another. It was a great wake-up call for him and he didn’t make threats again…

3 Likes

You can kick her out. Just go about it the right way. You have your other grands to look out for. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. She has some issues that need intense professional help.

2 Likes

So sorry you are going through that. It’s time for tough love. Put her in a locked facility for juveniles that offer intense therapy.

1 Like

See you at Beverly’s about right try to help her before put her out on the streets

So sorry your going through this go to your GP and they will put you in touch with the correct people, sounds like their may be some mental health issues, TRK might be a good start

Call DSS and explain what she is doing and make her become an “emancipated” minor

1 Like

Is she doing anything that’s actually illegal or a threat to anyone’s safety?

Kick the little bitch out.if she got no respect for use tell her to go live with her bf

Call youth services,and tell them everything and you can’t handle her anymore.They should take care of her.If not call police on her Everytime she gets out of hand.Evintually Youth Services will have to take over.Thats DeSoto County’s way of doing things

1 Like

You can put her ass in a program. Look up your local ones and have em come get her. State property.

There is always the option for trouble teens. They have something in every state like ycp

I’m sorry call the tyrant office out they will set her straight tell them she untrollable an you need help! They 'll help you ! Take everything away from her every her b3droom so it an when don’t com3 back at night report as a,run away can your responsible for her until 18 years of age! Good luck God bless you guys

It sounds like she thinks she can do whatever she wants and doesnt understand consequences. I was rebellious and did similar things when I was younger. I did have an abusive father though. I had issues but that didn’t make my behavior okay. If she wants to act how she wants, let her deal with the consequences. Out past curfew? Call the cops. Wanting to vandalize? Cops. At that age and with that behavior theres only so little you can say to change her ways. The best way for her to learn is to deal with the hardships. I went to several group homes, had the cops pick me up several times. Ran away, snuck out. Etc. My parents would lock me out of the house If I had left. Even went so far as to seal my windows closed and lock the rest. Had to sleep in a friends bus during Wyoming winters which was not fun. But it’s what I needed. I came to my senses sooner than later and committed myself into a behavioral institution to fix my life.

17 is grey area they call it…but u can use police for your side too…u don’t have to deal with abuse either…and in Michigan she can’t be kicked out but I’d def make her know there r laws on abuse and child safety for your other 4 as well…

All u gave to provide is food clothing shelter n water

Dont know why she thinks you cant kick her out. Call social services and tell them she is out of control and you fear for yourself and your grandchildren

2 Likes

No I d say u can stay BUT, u must pay for ur meals, laundry etc. Nothing n life is free, except love, respect, n understanding! She needs to respect u both n then she can earn it repect. Take her to the streets, show her homeless camps, soup kitchens. Ask her if this is what she wants for herself, because without ur help she ll end there! Set rules that she must obey by. Otherwise put her bed n the cellar or attic. Give her a bit of tuff love. Unless u put some kind of plan into effect she will walk all over u. Or simply tell her pack her bags n show her the door. She’s doing this because she doesn’t think u ll throw her out
If she goes, she ll realize how lucky she is at home. Explain she ll have to get a job drop outta school, n struggle rest of her life cuz without an education her income won’t b enough to survive on n she ll never b able to get new ve clothes nevermind food. Mite b good idea ask a counselor for suggestions. Good luck to u. I hope she figures out how very lucky she is to have parents who care!

Call CPS ! Usually it’s for the chids safety but they can and will come out and help with parental abuse which is what this is.

1 Like

You could file unruly charges against her. She’s still a minor so you can’t kick her out on the street. Or legally if you can that seems like a crap human thing to do.

Would you rather her living at her boyfriends and getting knocked up and wasting her life. You need to sit down and have a conversation where you don’t talk down to her. Don’t start with ranting either. Ask her about her aspirations, goals, dreams, future etc. then help her build a plan to get there and help her enact the things she needs to. You trying to control is what is making her rebellious. She needs to feel in control of her life but by giving her that it helps you build trust and a foundation of emotional support. She needs to see what her life could end up like if she kept going down this path or chose to make a new one. You’re not bring a parent by kicking her out. You’re being a failure to this child.

1 Like

Tell her to emancipate herself.

3 Likes

Changed the locks, when she breaks in file charges and get a stay away order problem solved

Send her to the youth home.

1 Like

Get the police and social services involved.

3 Likes

How old is her boy friend

This will certainly piss many of you off, but I really don’t g2s.
I am a mother to 4 healthy and sucessful adult children & 12 G- children from 1- 18yo. I HAVE seen/done it ALL!
You have a very spoiled, overly entitled, jealous, young lady on your hands;
But to be safe,
medically R/O any mental illness; eg. Depression, anxiety, narcissism, sociopathic behavior, or even PTSD your unaware of.
I’m seeing way too many ‘soft’ and, too hard solutions offered on this thread. Many options you’re given may not coinside with your state laws. You need to learn them!
Simply kicking them out, especially of minor age can put your family in liability of neglect/abuse, not to mention involving law and social services that can make your life a nightmare and also risking losing your grandchildren.
In addition, putting them on the street or submitting her to state care/ custody only puts more burden on society, (dare I say- us tax payers), and worse, can hurt her further, exposing her to possible drug, criminal, or an abusive existence. I’m not trying to be calus, but she IS your responsibility.
I’ve dealt with teens who have no regards or respect of anything or anyone if it doesn’t benfit them. I’ve also dealt with teens who have been very enabled by their parents only to discover they created a monster. You have to decide if you have any accountability in that, or again, is she just an entitled little ass! How have you disaplined her in the last 10 year’s? Is the attention your grandchildren require a problem? It’s a crucial time for teen girls to need their parents, even though they won’t admit it, and will act out horribly if mom and dad a forcefully distracted taking care of others.
My sister in law became a runaway, stealing drug addict when her mother had to take care of HER dying mother for a year. She ended up In state custody for 4 years.

Put her on youth at risk. Most counties have a youth at risk (or similar) program. You file contempt’s when they’re being disrespectful little shits, you go to court, and she goes to juvie for a week for each contempt. I know because my mother did that to me and my brothers. We didn’t clean our rooms the second that she told us to… we went to juvie.

1 Like

Send her to a youth shelter

Sounds like she needs a belt across her butt… Call the cops if she isn’t at home by curfew and they will take her from who ever she is spending the night with and bring her home. You need to show her that she can’t walk over you. That is how she will end up pregnant or get her butt beat by someone else or worse. If she runs into the wrong person she could get put in the hospital or killed.

2 Likes

Call cops send her to Tobin for unruly child show her you mean business dont take that crap

call the dang cops. she should not be treating yall like that. keep calling them until she and them get tired of u calling n getting her for breaking curfew. see if there is a program u can put her in (like boot camp or so forth). call cps. it’s just going to keep getting worse until she’s pregnant n ur taking care of a fifth grandbaby or she’s witj the wrong guy n doing something worse she keeps doing it cuz she thinks u aren’t going to do anything. tough love momma

File unruly teenager charges against her and she will stop are go to jail

I thought that there was a law for elder abuse as well as child abuse.turn her in for it or call social services to find out what to do.i raised my two oldest grandchildren I had to send one to her mother I couldn’t take anymore.

2 Likes

Take her on dr. Phil. He will get some help for her

Get the proper authorities involved. There are children’s homes that deal with children like her. Do not put yourself through that. My husband and I work at one of the children’s homes and that’s what they are there for. It will only get worse if not dealt with!!!

2 Likes

Do what you feel is right
Myself Iet no one take over my house hold
I have that this myself.

1 Like

I left home at 17 and was in hostels (wasn’t me being rebellious it was family issues and for my safety I had to get out) she’s at a age where social can accommodate her, she will learn what it is like to live in the real world and on her own, not in the comfort of mum and dad. It will teach her alot of good that she needs, she’s hit a curb teenager going crazy thinking she can do as she pleases. By all means when she leaves don’t help her I know it sounds mean but she needs to learn the hard way of not taking the piss with her parents.

Take away priveledges they are NOT covered by law, t.v. ,phone, privacy like removing her bedroom door, cerfew, if she’s not home by a certain time lock her out Evan if it means an extra lock on door/ window…she will move out on her own…

6 Likes

Should have been whooping that ass! Wouldn’t have this issue

Call it abuse, right or wrong, but be it my kid, a good swift ass kicking is in order.
Not like a bloody free for all, but it could come to that if she is bold enough to push it!
She’ll want to call the police, my son did at age 14 when he thought he was bigger and called me a bitch when I made him do, (his turn), the dishes. I bitch slapped him but good! Call me names in my house won’t fly!
I replied to his threat this way:
Go ahead! Let me inform you of what will happen.
When the cops show up I’ll be kicking YOUR ass in the front yard and I will tell them about your asnine behavior.
I’ll go to jail; Fine!
You’ll go to juvenile detention.
You’ll be stuck there until a Court date comes. You’ll be examined by Phycologist’s and it will feel like prison. You’ll lose all freedoms until ‘they’ decide what to do.
I’ll bail myself out that night, because I have a job & money and be home watching TV.
You decide!
Now do the dam dishes and shut up!
He is an army vet, husband, father of 2.
My point is sometimes you have to stand your ground and make them understand the real consequences that are at stake. I never beat my children but I dam sure didn’t put up with a smart mouth and disrespect of my home! I don’t care how old y’all are. Remind her she’s never so big that your foot won’t go up her ass! Then get to work and make her clean up what shes destroyed!
I know you love her. But real love is tough!.
Good luck.

Yes you can kick her out. She may be a minor, but I’m pretty sure you can kick her out.

I don’t know where you are but there is a place called Link crisis center that deals with unruly kids too, my friend had an out of control daughter she sent there. They kept her til she was 18 from time she was 13 & pregnant

You can petition your juvenile court that’s she’s incorrigible

2 Likes

If she is using bad language around younger kids that’s enough for the cops to take her out of the house. You need to put the fear of God in her.

Don’t know what state your in but in Missouri at 17 they are considerate adults

Take the tires off her car, take everything out her room but her bed and clothes and when she gets a attitude say well there is bread and water for dinner or get the fudge out stop you are the parent ither she follows your rules or she can go

6 Likes

If she thinks she is old enough to throw her fists. She is old enough to be thrown out. Let her see how hard it is to throw her fists somewhere else.

3 Likes

Put her in a boot camp or surrender her to the state. She will end up in a group home and realizing how good she had it.

1 Like

Call your local sheriff’s department and see if they will come out and talk to her. Maybe, they will scare some sense into her. If not, I’m sure you can talk to the juvenile court and see what your options are.

4 Likes

Show her she is accountable for her actions. I would call Dhr and tell them she’s their problem. You have choices. Cold hard love works for me.

1 Like

I am guessing this started earlier and maybe not addressed cause of the grandkids. ‘Tough Love’ do what you think is best, but possibly that bootcamp that was talked about. She will be taken care of plus getting discpline. I am always torn about throwing a teen out …

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude, but y’all must be scared of her. Y’all need to put a belt to that a** and put the fear of God in her if she can’t get it together it will be on the other side of the door. Kids don’t realize how good they have it she will come to once the swelling goes down.

10 Likes

There’s a reason she’s acting out like this.
Is your husband her father or her stepfather?
Something is going on, and throwing her out won’t help her.
Have you taken her for counseling or to see a psychiatrist? Get her some help, don’t turn your back on her, she’s your daughter!

7 Likes

She is right. You can not kick her out until she turns 18 by law. If u kick her out cops will bring her right back to your house and keep bringing her back. My parents tried kicking me out more then once when I was younger and cops just kept bringing me back telling them to grow up pretty much. Its kind of sad because you should not have to deal with the child treating you guys like that. I have grown and learn from my mistakes and I regret the way I ever treated my parents

3 Likes

Id send her to a place for unruly kids.

5 Likes

Take her to court house before a judge give her to the state let them take care of her. Her spirit needs to be broke

She says, she says, how about you say what’s going to happen for now on. You both need to be the parents and be the ones to speak up and tell her what’s what. Not the other way around. In Texas at 17 you can be considered an adult, I’d look into it.

4 Likes

Emancipation of a minor, followed by eviction proceedings is what you want to look into…

2 Likes

She needs her ads whipped

3 Likes

Let her move out. As a parent of 5 I can tell you different children are ready at different times. But there is one major rule. When she moves out she’s responsible for herself. You are always there for her but she will have to stand by her decisions. And it will be hard. Life is hard she’s gonna want things.

2 Likes

I got kicked out at 17 for unruly behavior and guess what all the state did was stick my butt in a foster home til I turned 18. That’s it.

3 Likes

Hey assholes, she obviously posted this to be posted here to hear others advise and experience… Not to be belittled and made to feel like shit smmfh, most all of us have or will go through something similar, quit fuckin judging!!

Take away everything but a mattress and pillow for her to sleep on. (Of course not necessities/hygeine things). Go commando. She needs the shock. Then earn back things

1 Like

You cant kick her out legally however you also do not have to allow her to take over. Take away all extras, tv, phone, none essential food (such as snacks), take bedroom door off hinges.
Make her an appointment with a counselor/therapist.
Give lots of praise for positive behavior. Anything that is good, positive or right praise no matter how small.
Set aside time for just her.

3 Likes

Spoilt punk is she… Bag her shit, change the locks and let’s see how she rolls knowing yall kicked her to the kerb…

Take her phone. go into her room and take out anything she can write on the walls with. If she says “u can’t go into my room” tell her “yes we can unless u want to start paying bills” in the mornings when she comes home from her boyfriend’s to get ready for school make sure the door is locked have her backpack outside before school. Shell soon realize y’all r bosses of the house. She needs to follow ur rules. My grandmother is 68 yrs old and if u disrespect her in her house, if ur old enough u’ll get slapped and yelled at to get out of her house. Her daughter’s wouldn’t dare disrespect their mother no matter how old they r. The youngest grandchild is 13 and he makes sure to say thank u ma and give her a kiss and hug good bye. I’m 20 and make sure my 3 yr tells his great grandma thank u plz and give her a hug and kiss good bye and he does I don’t have to force him because he’s being taught to respect ur elders and any person for that matter

2 Likes

Answer is no if you can’t control her turn it over to juvenile delinquents they’ll controller for you then she won’t be so funny if she likes your boyfriend that bad let her go stay with him but she wouldn’t be right down my walls I’ll guarantee you that

Tell her that room isn’t hers the room is approved at you give her it is not something she owns you on it and if she can’t respect then kick her ass out

Emancipate her. You can also get a restraining order on her. Or take all her shit and put it in storage and only give her the bare necessities. Don’t give her a house key and lock all doors and windows at a certain time every night. Don’t let her back in. Don’t give her her things back unless she deserves them. Make her life a living hell following the law. Legally you have to feed and clothe her but nothing else. So do nothing else. Strip her belongings and freedom.

Mattress on floor, door gone. Welcome home

3 Likes

She sounds like she’s never had a good kick up the ass. Your never to old for that. Pull her disrespective little butt into line.