How to potty train a boy?

Any suggest on potty training a boy .? He is 2 in half

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to potty train a boy?

He will potty train when he is ready. You can try to do fun things, like bribing him with something he loves. You have to make it fun for him. Or putting Cheerios in the toilet and let him shoot them lol.(read this a long time ago). I have 3 boys so I know the feeling, it’s hard to potty train boys.

3 Likes

I let my son color a potty chart and when he colored 4 potties I gave him a prize.

i always took mine to the bathroom when i went and kinda turned it into a game. i started after first birthdays though. i don’t believe in waiting… if that was the case my oldest would have NEVER been ready :woman_facepalming:t4:

My son loved this app too

Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty Daniel Tiger's Stop & Go Potty - Google Search

Keep up trying to potty train and waaaait 2+ more years…I have a 12 year old that still can’t seem to wipe his butt right :sob::rofl: in all seriousness I wouldn’t worry at this age…it takes a while. I remember being so scared my 5 year old was not going to be able to go to pre-k bc he refused to go #2 on the potty but almost like magic that summer before school he started doing it on his own and was all good to go. His pediatrician put it to me like this “Do you see any healthy kids in college in diapers? No. So don’t worry it will happen naturally.”

At the time I was potty training I was single so I use to take him in the bathroom and show him how I would sit on the potty. Then he would try. We ended up having to buy big boy undies because the pull ups were to much like diapers and he would go in them anyway. But once we mastered sitting I taught him how to stand. They all learn at their own pace though even though I started around then he wasn’t fully trained till almost 4.

Pick a day and do it and stick with it. I do not believe in the “they will train when ready” crap. I picked the day my boys turned 2. We took off the diaper and just started training. My first son was fully trained in 2 weeks. My second son was fully trained in 3 months. He was nonverbal, so we had to find ways to communicate that way. I never gave up. When they would/if become frustrated we would stop and start the second their feet hit the floor. Once I took the diapers, I completely took them. If they peed or pooped in the floor we would clean it up together and talk about it. My oldest son would not use a training potty. He was right for the real thing from the go. My youngest son would only use a training potty. Make it fun, we came up with our own bathroom songs as well. Naked all day long is something else that worked. Good luck! You can do this.

1 Like

My son could fully understand conversations so we just did a sticker chart and a prize being the zoo once all was filled. Only wore undies, stayed home for a week straight and he was trained. Asked every 30 mins if he needed to use it. Also found the toilet better than potty

Blue food colouring and dish soap in the toilet bowl. He can “make magic” when he pees by turning the water green and making bubbles

1 Like

I just let my son run naked for a week every 20 mins I would ask him to go potty and he would go. So it just depends on different Littles to go,

Send him in with his father ,Best and fastest way

I did stickers for our little boy

I had a sticker chart where he got something at the end of the week if we had no accidents and I put cheerios in the toilet to aim.

If he is ready and showing signs he is ready you can do a sticker chart and after so many pees or a poop he gets a prize or a treat. I made a treasure box of dollar store items she could choose from. Also pee on a cheerio. They also sell targets for little boys.

Just please make sure he is ready, don’t force it, don’t stress, it’s a natural part of life and he will get there.