How to stop a child from head butting?

Mine is about to be 3 and is still doing this. It’s normal momma, unfortunately they have to grow out of it. Stay calm and relaxed throughout the tantrum “I know, you’re mad right now. That’s okay.” Put cushions around him or put him in a carpeted area, just wait and keep gently reassuring that what they’re feeling is okay and then offer a hug. This usually gets my 2 yr old to start calming down. If you need a minute - take one and walk away. He’ll be okay. My littles tantrums can go on for what seems like hours lol

Have child evaluated, also in the meantime DO NOT react to it. Straight faced take the child and put them in a safe area and let them get it out.

Make sure you aren’t dealing with allergies or ear infections.
My grandson had both & he would do that. He got tubes in ears & adenoids removed & put on a daily allergy med & he’s like a different child.

He might have autisim Have him evaluated those are some of the signs I know because I’m going through that with my daughter and was diagnosed with autisim just have patience with him

Our pediatrician said to just not react and they will eventually stop. Mine did. Yes he hurt himself mildly a few times but kids learn by doing dangerous things carefully.

Try to use a different word than no maybe say next as saying no can trigger a child and when they have a tantrum walk away and ignore them this is what the the autism service told me to do with my grandson and it works