How to stop baby from climbing out of crib?

Just looking for a little bit of advice. How do you stop your little ones from climbing out of their cribs? Due to unforeseen circumstances my fiance, 2 year old, and I had to stay with family for about 2 months and we’re finally into our new house. Unfortunately, during that time our little one had to sleep with us and got used to it again. Tonight is night 2 in the new house and I’m exhausted. She’s fighting sleep and keeps trying to climb out of her crib because she wants to sleep with us. I’m just not sure what to do because before she couldn’t climb out.

4 Likes

My daughter was crawling out of her crib my 10-11 months. We moved her to a toddler bed by 13 1/2 months she only crawled out in the mornings when she woke up.

Get her a toddler bed and then lay in the room with her while she falls asleep and then quietly go to your own room and each time she falls asleep quickly start slowly moving away from her bed while your in the room with her until she eventually goes to sleep in there by herself (my friends did that method)
I on the other hand just started putting my daughter in her room telling her it was time to go to bed and I would have to keep getting up and down making her go to her room and stay in there and go to sleep! She still climbs in the bed with us in the mornings but she sleeps a good part of her night in her own room and in her own bed!!! Consistency is usually the key!!!

2 Likes

Get her a bed and just be patient but consistent!!

1 Like

I honestly would allow my kid to sleep in my bed till she got Use to the new house . That could be a big change to a child

4 Likes

We had to put a netting around the crib so my don would not vlimb out of his. He was smart though and still figured a way out. Took some time but he eventually hot used to it. We kept the netting on for about 6mths to a year.

For safety reasons I got my child a big girl bed let her pick out sheets she wanted and made it special for her. At bed time I would go get ready for bed read her a bed time story lay down with her till she was a sleep and yes sometime in the night she would wake up scared and come get in bed with us.

2 Likes

If you just moved into a new house i wouldn’t try to get her to sleep alone right away. She’s probably a lil freaked out.

2 Likes

I switched my daughter to.a toddler bed as soon as she started climbing out.

3 Likes

Time for a big kids bed

2 Likes

You take off one side, smash it next to your bed, and lay them in it. Hold hands or lay next to them. They’re technically still in their bed.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with baby sleeping with parents a little while makes baby more secure I have had5 babies they all grown now I got grand kids let. Her get used to the move get her a toddler bed with rails slowly take her to her new bed when she falls asleep due this till eventually she’ll start sleeping on her own

Sleep sack. They make sheet material ones on Amazon.

At that age she is big enough for a toddler bed, just sit in the room or in the living room till she is asleep.

Put the mattress all the way to the floor

It’s dangerous for them to climb out, so now is the time you get them either a toddler bed, or a big kid bed and teach them to sleep in there.

1 Like

Put oil on the railing so she cant get a grip… Lol… Jk
She might just need some comfort for a while since the new surroundings…

Take out the mattress platform and put the mattress directly on the floor. Drops them at least a half of foot so they can’t climb over.

Put ur 2yr old in toddler bed

1 Like

Time to get rid of the crib if they are trying to climb out. Put a baby gate across her door so that she cannot make it to your room. When she wakes up to come into your room, crying will ensue. At that point, you will calmly take her back to her own bed and tell her it’s bed time. You may have to do this a few times a night for a few days but if you stick to your guns, she will get it.

1 Like