How to stop charlie horses?

Pickle juice or mustard, drinking water or taking a multivitamin

Pickle juice helps any cramps fast

Omg i had these terribly at the end of my pregnancy, always in the middle of the night. I started drinking a gatorade before i went to bed every night, and that seemed to help!

1 Like

Bananas and potassium supplements AND BEND YOUR FOOT DOWN (like you’re pointing your foot but stretch your toes.) It’ll release the quicker you do this

1 Like

Vinegar, drinking lots of water, no caffeine, and pickle juice is very good. My cardiologist advised me to take one a day vitamin CO Q 10 200 mg

I always stretch my legs out straight in front of me and have my SO push my toes back.
Or I do it, but preggo it’s a pain to do it yourself lol

Can you all drink Tonic Water when you are pregnant. It has quinine in it what you take for leg pain cramps. For Rushless legs before you start heavy duty medication. You get it at store where you buy mixer for drinks Tonic water and gin But NO GIN. Ok. It has mild form of some of those meds in it that is why I asked. Quinine sp.

1 Like

Place a soap bar or two hotel size under fitted sheet. Works! Magnesium, phosphates are absorbed and no more cramps. Had them bad and used soap for years.

1 Like

I took it found out I was allergic to quinine. Tried bananas, onces it starts I don’t move my leg, I have been told to beat the knot out. I get one in one leg get it in other at same time. I have Fibromyalgia get them all the time given Parkinsons meds No, calcium No, Potassium No, Magnesium, No you know what I just thought of something my youngest daughter was just put in Vegan Gluten dairy glucose soy,oat free diet beings she is lower functioning I have been on it to. I don’t eat in front of her unless it is same as she has. I have not had one in couple months. Thank you it is not fun am hungry a lot but to not have those cramps 5-6 times a night every day.

1 Like

Eat a little mustard.

It seems counter intuitive, but the second you feel it coming on, stand up as best you can. That was the ONLY thing that helped my legs

1 Like

Something cold from the freezer directly on the area with pain.

Drink more water and get more potassium in your diet.

2 Likes

And walk at least 20 minutes per day briskly to work the muscles, then stretch your calves as you cool down.

I always stand up as soon as I feel it and it makes it go away

Bananas & drink plenty of water.

1 Like

Drink water. I was told by a doctor at sick kids to put my heal on the floor…point my toes up and drag my heal along to floor with pressure. It worked for me when I was expecting. All the best.

Sounds like your potassium is deficient I would have it to your diet

Tylenol and striting.

Potassium supplements or bananas. Also while lying down try pointing your toes upward as though you’re trying to point to your head. Always works for me.

Plenty of electrolytes and stretching

massage and eat bananas that helps also avoid stretching in the morning with your legs because that is the time you have less blood flow through your body when you wake up but for me I just massage it away it goes away in less than a minute

lemon Grass essential oil

Get used to it. I had every night with my first. Even feel down stairs cus it happened at that time

Take a drink of pickle juice, it works for my daughters and.more water.

Bananas and water are what helped me stop getting them so much. Also when I felt one coming or woke up to one I would stretch my foot. Hurt like blazes but it worked on stretching out that Charlie horse if my partner wasn’t home

Sounds weird but I’ve been told from an older friend that taking a Tums helps, have no idea how but she swears by it.

Heels down toes bent up

Put a hot corn bag on the area asap - works quickly. They can be excruciating - I’ve had many and swear by my corn bag!

Pickle juice or just a spoon of salt

Heating pad. I get a lot of Charlie Horses and it works great.

Could be lack of salt.

Eat bananas. Rub Vicks salve on. Absorbing Jr. That I the three things I used when I was pregnant.

Drinking water before going to bed… and of course during day.
Don’t sit with your legs under you. Put up while sitting. Also flex your toes towards you and away . :blush::blush: