How to turn breech baby?

Having my first c-section in a couple hours. Went in for my 40 week check-up and found out my baby flipped AGAIN. Any advice?

10 Likes

The c section isn’t bad at all iv had 2 and will have another one in about 12 weeks

1 Like

Don’t refuse pain meds… Take them!, get up and walk as much as you can… I know it’s gonna hurt like hell but it will help you in the long run. Good luck!

9 Likes

Hold a pillow on your belly after when you walk cough laugh anything. It will help a lot

2 Likes

Take it slow but make sure to move around. Don’t lay flat on your back make sure so sleep at an incline.

3 Likes

Ive had 3 i wish someone told me about the pillow before my first

I’ve had 5 and my biggest piece of advice is…
Bring a back scratcher because you won’t be able to bend and twist to reach any itches

2 Likes

Take the meds! Don’t push even when you’re feeling okay. Ask for gas medicine asap.

2 Likes

Walk,walk,walk… take your pain meds as prescribed and WALK.

1 Like

Take your pain meds, don’t miss a dose, even if you feel like you don’t need it.

1 Like

I just had a csection 1 week ago. Take the meds pain meds n stool softener, walk A LOT, wear the belly band

2 Likes

Ask for a binder for your belly

1 Like

Can’t lie it’s sucks majorly. They say it helps if you do get moving around afterwords… but, it hurts. Lol pain meds will be your friend and take it easy. Good luck. Allllll that matters is baby is delivered safely, and for that it’s worth it!

Walk afterwards. The sooner you get up and moving, the better, just don’t over do it! I’ve had two, and I was up and walking without help later that night, lol. Don’t refuse pain meds after either, you WILL be in pain. Put a pillow over your belly on the drive home too!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Get all the help you get. Walking is key, but dont lift or bend too much. Get your pain medication. Best of luck to you and your new bundle.

Have help for sure with the baby. You won’t be able to bed and pick him/her up. So get some help and rest when you need to

I had a c section at night, so when I got back to my room I slept all night and didnt get up. I got up the next morning and it was painful but I managed to shower and then asked for help to dry my lower half and get my pants on my legs lol. My biggest pain was the trapped gas, they gave me gas x and it helped a ton!

2 Likes

Have them do another ultrasound when you get there because baby could always flip again. Mine kept flipping until literally the day before I had him.

Definitely keep up with your pain medication. Don’t fall behind on it!

1 Like

Walk as soon as you can. I was back up bartending and serving within 4 weeks of mine. It’s not that bad

1 Like

Get as much rest as possible to heal as fast as possible, don’t deny help and try to have as much support as you can.

Keep up with pain meds. I had mine almost 12 years ago and had no issues and little pain. The nurses told me to take the meds. When I went home 3 days later I didn’t take any and I was fine.

Definitely use a pillow when you have to cough, laugh or sneeze!! Also walk as much as your body allows…don’t over do it tho either you’re healing from a major surgery!! Good luck💜

1 Like

They offered me shots or pills in the hospital, I opted for the shots which left me with semi-numb skin in that area of my hip for about 6 months, so just be aware when you make your choice.

Use the belly band they give you

1 Like

Get up and walk as soon as your catheter is out!!! Its a breeze mama you will do great!!

2 Likes

They’re easy they’re not that bad

1 Like

Also, take stool softeners!!! Meds will make you super constipated

1 Like

Walk as soon as you can. Keep water next to you. Also get some compression socks to help with the feet swelling.

3 Likes

My baby was breached as well. I loved my C-section. It was scheduled and over in half an hour. No complications and healing was a breeze for me. The only thing that sucked…was being paralyzed from the nipples down for the next 8 hours…and coming off of the pain meds. But really…I was terrified of giving birth, so C-section gave me piece of mind.
Getting the shot in my spine scared me more than anything. But after that…all was well.
Congratulations and best of luck!!
Planning a C-sect is better than laboring for hours just to have an ER C-sect in the end.
You are in good hands. Everything should turn out just fine.

2 Likes

I had 3 c section I would say pain meds and stool softener are very helpful use a pillow on your stomach when coughing or laughing get up and walk as soon you can the 1st week was the worst for me I had to sleep at an angle but as soon as the staples came out i could sleep and even forgot i was suppose to take it easy

Walk and keep walking. Don’t overdue due it, but move. It helps. Go for ice walks or water walks instead of having hubby or someone else doing it. I didn’t use any type of pain killers after I had my son, on occasion I would take ibuprofen that was it. I would get up and move for about 5 minutes twice an hour until I could handle more than that. Prayers to ya hun :purple_heart:

Use your arms to sit up & get out of bed. Soon as you get the okay to walk do it! Don’t lay about but don’t over do it.

Good luck little momma you’ve got this !

Every csection is different. I’ve had 3. First was emergency. Second went so smooth that I forgot I had one. 3rd I had placenta previa and it hurt like hell for weeks. I had a weak pelvic floor. Chances are if you do wind up having one and its planned you will be fine. Take the pain meds and utilize a pillow. I almost passed out trying to push through the pain. Take care of yourself. You cant take care of baby if you aren’t ok! Best of luck!