How would you feel about this?

So you buy his love for child support shame on you

That depends. Is dad involved OTHER than financial? Does he take kiddo for regular visits? Is he ok to take the child on vacation? Or is he a possible flight risk who could take off with kiddo? I would need to know more of the situation before I could really say.

1 Like

Let the child go and go to court ask for the child support to be handled by the state, payments are deducted from his paycheck and sent to you.

1 Like

I don’t need his money but my kids do need their father. So absolutely. He can take them wherever he wants

2 Likes

Depends how petty you want to be about it … overall it definitely depends on what type of relationship you have with your child’s parent… bearing in mind it’s vacation for your child not yourself… and you may just have to put aside what you feel .

1 Like

As long as he is stable enough to take care of him, then yes I would let him take him on vacation! Not everything is about money, and I’ll never understand why females put the dad on child support. If he don’t wanna help, then don’t try to make him. It’s his loss. (My opinion). And before anyone says anything, yes I do have kids. 4 with the same man and we’ve split before and I never once thought about putting him on child support. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Your child isn’t your pay check.

1 Like

NO NORMAL mother does nasty shit to their children cuz of what a father does or dosent do!!! Incredibly selfish and a great way to teach that kid how to be a fucked up human being!!! Karma awaits ppl like you!!

The time he spends with his kids is way more important to the kids than the money he pays to you… Also if you don’t allow them to see him and do things it’s you they will resent not him

4 Likes

I don’t make anyone pay me to spend time with my children. That sounds ridiculous. My kids dad vists with them whenever he has an opportunity because I don’t ever want him to tell my kids “well I tried to see you, but my check was short so your momma said no.” I’d never risk their relationship with their dad over money.

2 Likes

He can afford vacation but not shoes clothes ect? :thinking: the math isn’t mathing

3 Likes

It’s your sons choice ultimately if he’s old enough to decide. Money doesn’t buy children. You should never disrupt a child and parent relationship because of child support. If you do, it’s your child who will suffer in the end.

2 Likes

Let them go and file proper support if it’ll help you raise your children to have a good life too.

I have sole custody so I don’t get that privilege, but gotta always remember he is eating out of his fridge and leaving your food alone (lol) even though I have sole custody of his dad EVER called and asked to see him of course we would meet up for a few hours but my son is 15 and has only seen my son 2x

So many other issues. Is he responsible? A good dad other than that? Can you trust him to take care of him?

2 Likes

Let him take him. Stop witholding your child over money.

6 Likes

Child support should not dictate a man seeing his kid if he is a good dad. I am not saying he should not pay but if he can’t or don’t, do not hold it against your son. He will grow up mad that you took a good dad from him.

6 Likes

Take care of them yourself and anything they bring is extra.

Tell your child he can’t go on vacation with Daddy because he didn’t pay you any money.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? TIME is what’s important. I’m so sick of you baby moms doing this to your kids. Yes, to YOUR KIDS. THEY are forming a relationship with their other parent. THEY lose out too. A child isn’t a paycheck and if you’ll check local laws, child support has nothing to do with visitation, it’s completely separate. My husband’s bm pulled this for years.

This is of course in a situation where Dad is stable and safe. He absolutely should get to enjoy vacation with his kiddo, and your son deserves to enjoy himself too.

15 Likes

So if you have a court order then he has the right to take him even if he isn’t paying cs. If you with hold your child you can both be in trouble for going against court orders him for not paying cs you for not letting said child see his father. My personal opinion is if I or his father cN make memories with the child then let him go. If the money is that important to you call the GA office and they will take care of it. Don’t withhold life experiences from your child because you want to be petty about money. I have 2 bd I’m not with either, but the happiness of my children are what is the most important to me. When they ask for more time with their child I usually say OK.

If he can afford a vacation he can afford child support

1 Like

Of he’s a safe and responsible parent, let him go. If not, nope.

2 Likes

Let your kid go have fun with his dad

1 Like

Let him go, don’t take away his time with his dad because he didn’t pay you child support he will still owe you that money the bill don’t go away, but the time he spends with his kid can, it’s his kid too and it will end up hurting the kid more if you take his time away from his dad because you are mad that he didn’t pay you, that is time YOUR child will never get back

3 Likes

Unfortunately the courts see this as two different things. Is there a parenting order in place? Is he doing it on his scheduled time or are you allowing it? Also think of your kid, I’m sure they would love a trip.

Him not paying is not the son’s fault. Let the bit have his vaycay…

2 Likes

How about understanding child support and visitation aren’t intertwined and let that man be a dad

1 Like

He’s making memories and being there for his son. Being a good dad is more than money. Let him go. Why punish your kid? Let him enjoy a vacation!!!

3 Likes

Hmm, other than that is he present? Is he any type of responsible or a good dad? can you trust him? If you can, I’d let your son go as long as he’s paying for the expenses. I think it’s still very important kids see/spend time with their dads regardless of the issues you may have with him. Kids don’t see money, they see the love given and time spent.

2 Likes

Don’t punish your child because of his father’s shitty choices

Is it during his parenting time? Or is he asking to use some of your parenting time for it?

I wouldn’t deprive my child of the memory but I would still pursue CS.

3 Likes

Depends, do you want to hurt your child and his father or do you want your child support. You can’t hurt the father, without hurting your son. Could you imagine if your mom stopped you from going on vacation with your dad when you were young?! I think you should let him go this time! Pick your battles!

I’m gonna say it… If the primary parent didn’t pay for our kids needs, we would be locked up for child neglect… these dead beat parents are already out of having to be responsible for the daily life care and needs(which I think should be paid like a salary to the parent that does have the child)… the child support is a small % of what us momma’s do, and the daddy’s act like its SO HARD! The child is just as much their responsibility as it is ours… but society acts like its ALL ON US… then other mommas say we should just deal with the dead beat to allow them to in the kids lives, they are allowing this behavior to be ok, Ya’ll are enabling the bad behaviors of theses deadbeats… IF THEY DON’T GIVE A CRAP TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE PULLING THEIR WEIGHT FOR THE CHILD, THEN THEY SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR CHILD NEGLECT… PERIOD. Bet the momma can’t take her kid on vacation, cause the struggles to just provide are REAL!
These dead beat parents have been dodging their responsibilities to the child, so they shouldn’t have rights to the child whenever they want… the entire system of child support needs to be revamped. Its a joke…

3 Likes

Let your child go and have fun as long as the dad is not abusive.

2 Likes

If you trust him let him go.

1 Like

Sometimes in the economy in this world parents don’t always have the resources to be with their kids or get to see them when they’re not living with them so I would opt to let my child see their dad no matter what if they were lucky enough to have one circumstances aren’t always the best and I agree there are a lot of men out there that might just not be putting the effort in but you got to remember for every one of them dads it’s not doing what they’re supposed to there’s probably a mom not doing what she’s supposed to people just have to learn that their kids need their parents and if they’re lucky enough to have them and have their love we should never stand in the way

If he is not responsible for welfare of his child don’t think l would trust him to care for your child

1 Like

Umm what
If he’s active in the child’s life then take him. T f why take from your child?

6 Likes

While him not paying child support is bad it shouldn’t be cause to keep your son from him. He still needs his father and it’s good for them to spend time together and do things together. I’d be happy he’s, at least, in his sons life and wanting to take him on vacation and do things with him.

4 Likes

On one hand how can he afford to go on vacation if he cant afford to pay child support. However, child support and visitation are two separate issues. You should never use your child as a bargaining tool for payment. Or restrict your childs time from their parent if they want to be involved because of lack of payment.

1 Like

Yes let him go. The money is btwn u and him should Hve nothing to do w the child . Let the courts handle the non payments. U have a dad who wants to be apart of his sons life. My daD never paid a dime and my mom still let me go the few times he did take me.

2 Likes

I say yes as long as he showed he was a good father when he was around and responsible . I wouldn’t take that away over money but I wouldn’t stop the child support if he’s not helping to take care of his son

1 Like

How would you like it if your mom didn’t let you see your dad over money? :thinking:

6 Likes

I would be upset about the not paying child support, but if he can be trusted I would still allow him to go on vacation. It almost seems unfair to the child to miss out on vacation especially if his dad is going to go even if you don’t allow your child to go.

1 Like

If I trusted the safety of my child in his hands I’d absolutely let my child go…no way I’d hold my kid back from the one on one time or experience…our kids aren’t our pawns to use against the other parent & even tho money does help it should be at the bottom of the list of things that matter…I have 2 girls dont ask for a drop of childsupport & my girls with their dad anytime they want

You better let that boy spend time with his dad!!!

2 Likes

Depends. Is he active in the child’s life? He has visitation? Is the child support court ordered? If so, why isn’t he paying it? Also, vacation could have been paid for by his family etc. if he’s a regular in child’s life, and a decent father, you don’t have a choice. Fathers are parents too, and have rights too.

1 Like

Idgaf about child support I care that my children have a relationship and bond and memories made with their other parent , but that’s an unpopular opinion lol

12 Likes

Child support has nothing to do with if I trust him with our child and if he’s active in there life.

2 Likes

Child support and access are 2 different things. I’d let my child go. Be happy he’s spending time with his son.

3 Likes

If he’s a trusted figure as far as safety goes then yes… he shouldn’t have to buy his time. Worry about that on a separate occasion.

2 Likes

You let your child spend time with his father.

7 Likes

I mean what do you want?
The money? Or your child to have a relationship with his dad?
Based off of what you posted here’s what I gathered. Dad wants to take kid on vacation but mom says no because she’s a money hungry baby mama and dad hasn’t paid her child support. But dad probably tries to be in child’s life and said mom probably makes it hard because he doesn’t pay child support
Do better for your kids. They need both parents not child support

12 Likes

Hmmm, if you read your question you will know that the child did not divorce/separate his dad, you did.

As life goes on, you will realize the importance of your child having to active parents that love him.

7 Likes

That money could be going towards child support. I say you can have all the time to make memories with your child staycation… I’d be kinda pissed him spending money on that and not his obligations. Just my opinion.

1 Like

That is CHILD SUPPORT… better let that child spend time with the other parent!!!

4 Likes

A relationship with his father should be more important.

1 Like

if he cant pay cs how can he afford a vacation js

Your child’s relationship with his father shouldn’t be based on money. Don’t take away a potential relationship from your child. I think it’s great that his father wants to be involved.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried about the money. I would be worried about my kid having a relationship with his dad. Is he absent in his life, or present as much as he can be? The whole no money thing to help raise your son sucks, but don’t hold your son from him. It’ll be punishing your son more than anything.

If your sons father isn’t around, and you’re worried about your sons safety or something… that’s understandable.

But, for money… nah. Let that boy go, and have fun. Just say that he has to pay for absolutely everything that you will not be sending money for food, toys, nothing. He needs to pay for it all.

4 Likes

Ugh you’re one of those…if that’s the only reason, stop being petty. Let him spend time with his child!

7 Likes

So obviously money is more important then your child having a relationship with their father​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

No 🤷🏻 if I can’t rely on a man to pay for his child, I can’t rely in a man to take care of his child.

1 Like

Is he a good loving father whom is active in his life if so let him go otherwise your just a money hungry petty baby momma and your kid will hate you.

2 Likes

Let the kid go if he wants to go.
What you gonna do when the kids older? Tell him I’m sorry you don’t have a relationship with your father. I wanted money and he didn’t pay so I stopped you?
Why do parents think is okay to not let the kids spend time with their other parent?!
It’s disgusting and while yes you’re hurting the other parent, you’re also hurting your kid and, well, that’s enough for me to just let my kid make his own mind up!

5 Likes

If he is a loving father and just lacks in the money department maybe struggling like the rest of us you should not be holding that against him ! Only reason there would be a no to this question would be if he has been absent for a majority of the time doesn’t call doesn’t check in doesn’t pay and just randomly thinks he should get to see him that’s a diff story, but if he’s trying and more than willing to take him on a vacation that he’s providing for then this shouldn’t even be a second thought !

1 Like

Let him. It’s not about you, it’s about your son. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Child support and visitation are 2 separate issues. They don’t pay to see their child.

3 Likes

No if he can take a vacation he can pay child support

3 Likes

U let that kid spend time with the father and if u have child support issues then go to court. Its not the child’s fault when it comes to that kind of thing. If the father is good to your kid then u let him have that time with him ! Can’t even believe that is a question. Wake up and think about the kid in the situation.

6 Likes

You cant withhold his visitations, just because of support payments being in arrears. File a contempt motion with the court, and if he is far enough behind the IRS will intercept his return and forward it to you.

1 Like

Visitation and CS are two different things. I’d let him go.

2 Likes

if he is a good parent and tries to pay support …ask the child if they are old enough to give an answer…

The father should be allowed to see their kids no matter what the money situation is. Would that be frustrating if he can pay for vacation and not child support of course. But your kid also needs their dad and thats more important. Plus at least dad is taking him with so seems like its a vacation for your kid too

4 Likes

Child support is separate from visitation. Even if the other parent isn’t paying child support they have a right to see the child, if you keep the child from them then you could get in trouble with the court system and even may loose custody.

1 Like

they are 2 different things. let him go.

1 Like

Child support is separate from visitation with the child. The child has a right to access their other parent regardless of whether or not they are receiving support funds. It is NOT about the other parent, it’s about best interests of the child. If you have an issue with support not being paid, report it to the courts.

5 Likes

Things to worry about. Will he bring child back? Do they have a good relationship?

1 Like

He needs to see and be with his dad

1 Like

Money and time spent are two completely different things. Why would you hold your child from their other parent? Love is still there even if child support is not. Ugh I hate some people’s mindsets on this! Children are human beings, not property.

5 Likes

Take him to court to figure out child support. Cause if he doesn’t pay it, he’ll have to deal with the courts. That’s the adult side. Let your child spend time with the dad… good memories need to be made… Good luck with your decision… I hope it all works out.

3 Likes

That’s his dad! I couldn’t care less about child support, if my sons dad actually took an interest in him…I’d let him see him. But he chooses to have absolutely nothing to do with him.

4 Likes

I would be pissed off, but not willing to end up in court for not allowing child to go. It is a sucky situation and so not fair to the Custodial Parent!

Child support is not payment to visit with child. Are you selling access to your child?
Unless child is living in poverty I think support should be for school, medical. Each parent should be responsible for taking care of the child when they have the child. Custody should be mutual. It is what is BEST for child, not what parent wants .

8 Likes

2 different things. This is a bounding opportunity. Let him take him.

3 Likes

Parenting time and child support are two different items (and viewed as separate by the courts).

Let your son go make memories/experiences with his other parent!

3 Likes

Child support is not a fee to see the child. If he is not a danger to the child the child should be able to spend time with its father. I raised 2 kids with zero support/ until they were grown then I started getting it. They don’t even live with me and I’m STILL getting support because he never paid while they we’re little. They are now 32 and 26. I got a lump sum payment of 7k and paid my sons car off. My point is- eventually it will catch up to dad. Don’t deprive your child of knowing their father. (if he is a decent person)

10 Likes

Let your child enjoy their parent doing something with them

2 Likes

I would happily send my child. Experiences are so meaningful.

5 Likes

No parent should ever deny a child time spent with the other parent, period.

6 Likes

That time is important to their bonding. Don’t hold your child hostage. It’s shitty that he owes child support but unless you fear for your child safety, the child should be allowed to go.

He may not be paying child support but he is spending money to take your child on holiday ect which is a good thing

1 Like

If they have a good relationship I’d let him go if he wants to of course. I always give my child the option to go with her father’s family, but if she doesn’t want to I don’t force her. If he’s not paying child support it’s not your kids fault, take him to court to get that figured out. I know where I live they will take it right out of their pay checks weather they like it or not.

Get over it and let your son enjoy his self on vacation

Considering he literally abandoned my children and has not reached out to them in any shape, way or form in over 4 years…. Helll fucking no!! I don’t care about child support and didn’t put him on it. Yet still, he doesn’t want to be a father to our children

Not getting money is no excuse not to let your son have a bound with his father… In the end your son will blame you for the lack of one if you refuse his father visits over money…

2 Likes

As long as dad isn’t abusive or deemed unfit to be around the child, he should definitely get to visit and spend time with the child. Those two things are separate and he shouldn’t have to “pay” to see his son. Now I can completely understand wanting the child support if dad is absent, but that still shouldn’t determine getting to visit with his child.

2 Likes

I’m a mom and my mind was blown by this question. Children shouldn’t be held from one parent just because they dont pay child support. Spending time with each other is more valuable than money.

6 Likes

One has nothing to do with the other …I get your frustration about not getting support but why would ya keep your son from vacation due to that reason. .think about the child

1 Like