How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner?

How to say you dont trust your man without saying you don’t trust him🙄

1 Like

Why are you still with him???

I don’t mind as long as he also doesn’t mind if I go see my guy friends.

1 Like

Then I’m thinking he will now be my ex boyfriend!!!

1 Like

Depends on the relationship on how I would handle this. Short term bf with issues already. One answe. Bye. If there are kids and/or substantial history then I would have some conversations about respect and boundaries and if he can’t understand that then I would still have to walk away.

Single I would feel and be single

1 Like

Wow boy bye :no_good_woman:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

My husband’s best friend became like my brother and now we do stuff together all the time with out my husband and sometimes without my husband and he doesn’t care because he trusts me and his friend and we’re not doing anything bad so what’s dinner hurting

We’re both going! What the what is this!

Imagine if it were your husband going out with a “friend.”

What was the reason you couldn’t go? I mean most of my friends are guys, however I’d never tell my husband he couldn’t go out with us

3 Likes

ah fuck that … not happening unless he wants to go live with her now buhby, that would make me feel SINGLE!

I’d let her have him.

Wouldnt bother me if I could trust him… when me and my sons dad were together I was best friends with my ex boyfriend like we hung out all the time after breaking up absolutely no strings attached and we still hung out alone if my sons dad was still working or I wanted to do something my ex just went with me :woman_shrugging:t2: also hung out with a guy my stepdad worked with who I became great friends with no problem. And I definitely wasn’t cheating on anyone! Nothing wrong with having friends IMO

100% wouldn’t care. I trust my so.

Ha . Umm no … do I know the person? Is it a mutual friend? Or just some random girl u don’t know?

This depends on your relationship as well as theirs. You put friends in quotations so you obviously either don’t like her or trust. It’s not automatically a no for me but I would have questions. Also can you not go because of schedule or not being allowed? That’s an important distinction.

Meh. I trust mine but he respects me enough to not consider doing something like that. We also have been together since high school (almost 10 years) so we know what would bother the other and what wouldn’t pretty well. For me it’s all about respect. There’s not really enough context here though. How long have they been friends? Do you know her, or have been introduced to her? Why can’t you go, did he say you couldn’t or do you have something else taking up your time? It almost sounds like you were invited but couldn’t go but obviously I can’t say for sure.

It’s a 2 way street he better be okay with you going out to eat with any guy friends you may have.

You’re not allowed to go or are you too busy to go that’s the question if you’re not allowed to go walk

Fuck that bitch! Snatch both them bitches baldheaded!

Jealous and insecure

1 Like

I’d just go to dinner with one of my guy friends…no biggie

Make sure he brings me food home and it better still be hot!

1 Like

It would depend who it is.

1 Like

Depends why I can’t go if it’s I can’t go because he or she said so then I’d be packing my shit while he’s gone (I put up with some bs for too long I don’t have the time or patience to deal with crap like that)
Now if it was because I had things to do I’d still probably be very uncomfortable but i wouldn’t just leave him

You can’t go Cos of work/other commitments or he’s said you can’t go ? If it was the last I’d be like … see you later :wave:t2:

Absolutely fine, because I’m not crazy jealous or completely insecure and I too have male friends of whom I see without my husband.

I don’t think I have ever seen more paranoid posts than on this page.

4 Likes

I feel like if you can’t trust your partner then you don’t need to be with them.

1 Like

Gurllll, most of the females on here answering this post are way nicer than me lol! Tell me I can’t come with y’all?? :ok_hand:Ok then… imma be out having dinner with my male friend without you at the same time you are having dinner with her. Y’all have fun, cause I sure will! :ok_hand::muscle: :100:

12 Likes

I mean I trust my guy with anybody because I know he always comes back to me in the end. If you can’t trust someone, then you shouldn’t be with them

2 Likes

Let my husband say he’s gonna have dinner with another woman :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

If your not comfortable with it tell him. We are not you, we cannot tell you how to feel about your own relationship. With that being said, for me if I 100% trust him and her I wouldn’t mind. However, if I didnt trust them both I would not be ok with it. If this man really loves you he will put you 1st and understand where your coming from. This is why it’s very important to tell the other person your boundaries before you start dating.

1 Like

So everyone is different. I have always had male friends and husband female friends so like I don’t think it’s strange or odd. I am 40 we have been together since we were teens and no infidelity so I mean I guess it’s a trust issue?

1 Like

My question would be why would he want to go without you. My husband can go anytime he wants and have dinner with whomever he wants, he just never wants to go without me.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: look of we are in a relationship all friendship dinners are group events. Unless it’s a business meeting. We don’t do that here

1 Like

yea thats a no. I’m all for platonic friendships with all genders and sexual orientations but not 1:1 dates where you’re excluded. that’s sketchy

I would feel great because I would be free of 180 lbs!!!

It would depend on the person specifically.

It always cracks me up when people are like I dont care if my dude goes on a date with another woman while I sit at home and I CANT go, I’m totally fine with that. Y’all are so full of it unless youre in an open relationship 🤦:joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

It’s not illegitimate for couples to be friends with other couples - friends with both the guy and girl. That said, if a guy and girl are ‘just friends,’ they don’t purposely take steps to try to forge a closer emotional bond with each other than they have with their own partner. A REAL friend cares about you enough not to do anything to compromise your relationship with your partner. It crosses a line for your boyfriend to make a point to go out with one of these opposite-sex friends for dinner alone together. There’s a reason taking someone of the opposite sex out for dinner is sometimes regarded as a date: it draws two people closer together emotionally. Your closest emotional relationship is supposed to be with your partner: that’s what holds your relationship together. If your partner has an opposite-sex friend that is closer to him than you are, or who he feels more comfortable spilling his guts to or seeking emotional support from than you, that will take a toll on your own relationship.

And even if you don’t believe any of what I just said and see no problem with really close opposite-sex friendships - it’s STILL thoroughly disrespectful for your boyfriend to know this bothers you and do it anyway. If he loves you, he should respect your boundaries.

Mine wouldn’t go if I couldn’t, but it depends on who it is too I guess.

What’s ok in one relationship dosn’t have to be ok in another if something like that is your boundary or isn’t ok in your eyes your completely valid , people have trauma from past and even current relationships you are entitled to how you feel wether you think this situation is ok or not

Can’t go? Haha… Umm just go

1 Like

His shit would be packed and sitting at the door when he got back if you’re in a relationship you don’t do that crap now if it was his sister or his mom something like that is fine but not somebody he’s just friends with supposedly with

Mt best friend is a guy, we go out to eat from time to time just him and I. We’ve never told my husband he couldn’t come though, we usually invite him, but thats been my best friend for majority of my life and my husband will usually stay home and keep an eye on our kids so I can converse and catch up with my friend. Other times we’ll get a sitter and all go out together. Jealousy isn’t attractive in the slightest

1 Like

Yeah that’s a hard no

Nope.
Boy, bye.
Go out without me? Especially with another female?
Fine, I’ll go out without you, but I’ll definitely go with one of my male “friends”

1 Like

I hope you mean ex boyfriend by now right???

1 Like

My best guy friend took me out for a nice steak dinner on my birthday this year…my boyfriend wasn’t invited, and didn’t have a problem with me goin…boyfriend was also working that night tho…

2 Likes

OK just has to be recognised and he has to let me have a night out with a male mate without him

Nope. That wouldn’t happen with my guy. Either I go too or nobody is!

Did any of your dads have a female friend he hung out with without your mom or vise versa? Has nothing to do with trust and everything to do with respect, boundaries, and the audacity to pretend it’s ok. Minus unusual last minute obligations, that’s a hard no and the same wives saying they would be ok with their husband going out with another female are the same ones that said they’d help their husband checkout the beauty in bikini or at hooters like please stop with this BS :roll_eyes:. Girl, if your boyfriend is still going out with other females without you then y’all are still dating other people to find out who is the one. Nothing might happen but to me, that is a red flag and if you’re honest with yourself, this relationship is probably already not working in other important areas. At this point, whether he ends up going or not no longer matters. The fact that he’s ok with it speaks for itself. Shouldn’t have to convince your mans why it’s not a good idea to go out with another female, tf!

5 Likes

I would make him think about it by doing doing the same, get a guy “friend” and tell him the same, he can’t go.

If the girl was really a friend, she’d have rescheduled to a date/time that worked for both of you to attend.

3 Likes

I think if you are in a loving trusting relationship with good communication, you shouldn’t be insecure about other people.

1 Like

If it was a group with men and woman, then I’d be ok just jealous I couldn’t go. If it was just a single woman then I’d be very upset

I would feel single after that

2 Likes

The part where you CAN’T go, to me, is a red flag. That being said, it also depends on the dynamics of the relationship. How strong is the trust in your relationship? Is this a friend you know? Can you trust THAT? Maybe they’re in cahoots planning a surprise party for you :woman_shrugging:
There’s too many questions that, really, only you can answer.
Everyone beats to a different drum

2 Likes

I go out with my male friends. We’ve all known each other since our deployment. Sometimes my hubs comes, sometimes he won’t.
I’d never tell him he can’t come tho. That’s super suspect.

2 Likes

Nope nope nope, how would he feel if you went out with just one of your male “friends”? Either sex doing this are showing lack of respect for their partner, lack of respect for themselves, lack of respect for their relationship, are ignoring actual relationship boundaries, putting themselves into a terrible situation and are lying to their sig other and themselves if they think it is okay.

I would find a date and show up where they went to.

1 Like

I would feel Fine… as I Trust my boyfriend he is allowed friends that are girls… We have good communication It wouldn’t be a date though! would be a friend lunch or something.

1 Like

It would make me feel like i needed a new boyfriend😂🤦🏽😒

6 Likes

It would be weird if you ‘couldn’t go’ and if you’re never ‘allowed’ to go out with your partner and their friends

But there should be nothing wrong with your partner occasionally hanging out with friends on their own. No matter their genders.

Then I guess no one is going because we be to busy on an episode of “the first 48” :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I guess it depends on WHY you can’t go. Was it due to you being busy initially prior to the invite, or did he TELL you that you weren’t invited?
If he told you you couldn’t go, that’s odd to me. But if he was invited & you had previous obligations or plans, I don’t think that it is unreasonable for him to still go.
What it all comes down to is you and him as a couple. If you guys have trust issues & are not secure, you’re going to have issues. If you trust one another because you have that security, it shouldn’t be a problem. My husband & I both have opposite gender friends that we’ve known from years before we even met. We go out with them as a couple & separately because we don’t have issues in our marriage relating to cheating or any type of stuff even close to that. We’re secure in this area, so we don’t really care who each other hangs out with, with or without the other. But if one of us had been unfaithful or if we even got close to crossing that line, would this be different? It absolutely could be. It really just depends on the relationship you have.

2 Likes

They’d have to stay when they go…

Is his name Parris? :roll_eyes:

As long as he don’t mind you doing the same.

3 Likes

Fuck that he ain’t my boyfriend no more

Do em like how they do you. Let them feel what you feel. If you have a guy friend. Yall go out to dinner.

What ever happened to trust. I get that all u say what ur saying but if u don’t trust ur man then u should not be with them. He should at least if u call answer it tho. So I’m a girl friend with a guy who has a woman and we go out and nothing happens if u don’t trust the girl or ur man then he should not go but u need trust in a relationship or u have no relationship.

3 Likes

Not just any new girl “friend” but his best friend is a girl so with her and another girl he grew up with and is close to then yea, why not.

1 Like

I’d feel like his shit would be set on fire in the tub. #LeftEyeHisShit

I’d feel like an adult. We have friends together and separately.

2 Likes

Do the same thing. Go with a “guy” friend and tell your partner he’s not invited to go. See how he likes it.

13 Likes

It’s gonna be a HELL NO for me!!

How well do they no eachother? How long do they no eacother? have u met her be4? do u no her? For the fact he told u he was going to dinner with his friend dosent sound so strange. If he hid it n u found out urself its strange! I or no1 else on facebook can tell u without knowing the above!!!

1 Like

My husband needed a driver for a medical procedure. I couldn’t get off work. My bestie took him. He took her to lunch as a thank you. No trust issues here.

6 Likes

I’d feel, AND BE, single.

Hmm “I can’t go” sounds shady. If it’s a new friend… no.
If we’ve met, I know her, he’s invited me to spend time with her before on other occasions, and he told me about the lunch. I’d be ok with it.

3 Likes

Is it you can’t go or you had chosen not to go in case you felt like you were intruding? I’d have gone regardless, a new friend for you too & all!

1 Like

Fucker better bring back take-out!

You have to have enough confidence in yourself, your man, and your relationship to accept it n be okay with it. Its healthy for a man or woman to have friendships with the other sex. Its a toxic mentality to assume the other person has to cater to our weaknesses or trust issues. Of course there should always be boundaries, but we do not own the other person. You have to allow them to grow as humans, and develop friendships with others.

1 Like

Wait u CANT go or u weren’t INVITED? Big difference r u FRIENDS with these girls as well as he is ?

1 Like

My ex would do that and cheat on me with said friend. So no. It’s a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

It would feel like he’d have a lot of free time on his hands…

Sounds like a date to me.

1 Like

Ok… so here’s my 2 cents. This question has numerous scenarios…
Me, my boyfriend, and neighbor grew up together. I would never tell my bf he couldn’t come with us. He also knows I’m not going to do anything behind his back as well. Everything is clear on all sides.
Now, if this is some random chick that you’ve never met and you can’t go because you have prior engagements… that’s one thing. It’s a whole different scenario if you’ve never met her, they’re going out to dinner and you can’t go as in I don’t want you there to know this person.
There’s a difference.
Me? My man knows that I have anger issues when I’m hungry so I best be fed first and telling me I can’t go is not going to work. When I eat, he eats and normally if me and our neighbor go, we go ahead and get the table and wait on him, or I figure out how long he’s going to be and order his food so it will be hot when he gets there.
Trust plays a big part in it but depends on how long he’s known this person and why you can’t go.

That’s inappropriate. Simply because it made you uncomfortable. It could be innocent but if it was you should have been able to go. Your emotions should be his concern.

I have male friends and I’ve gone out with a group of them or one or two of them alone but I’ve never said my bf “can’t” come with… :thinking:

Like he’s on a date, so go on one too. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

2 Likes

single, i would feel single because he would be gone

5 Likes

They aren’t just friends. Sorry just being honest

I’d tell her to keep him, I don’t want him anymore :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

He’d be single or :skull:(jk) but no he’d be outta there in a heartbeat 🤷🏻 thats shady asf

Uh no. Wouldn’t fly with me. How would he feel if you went out to dinner with a boyfriend? Bet it wouldn’t be the same…

Go on a dinner “date” with a guy friend and sew how he likes it

3 Likes

Why can’t you go though? How long have they been friends? I feel like there needs to be more information/details

6 Likes

That would depend on the girl and why I can’t go.

3 Likes