How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner?

Well he wouldn’t b coming home to my house

Depends on the girl. If they’re my friend too then who cares.

1 Like

They hiding something. Why cant you be there?. Like nah For Real aint nothing to cut that bitch off. :joy: :joy:

If you wouldn’t be allowed to tag along then that’s a red flag to me and sounds to me like it’s a date.

8 Likes

My boyfriend would never do that. He doesn’t do things to me that he wouldn’t want me doing to him….

I would b fine I have a guy that I have been friends with for like 15 years we go on weekend trips movies and dinner my husband has no problem and I won’t have a problem with him doing it

2 Likes

It depends on the friendship/how long they’ve been friends/what their history is/and how old we all are. At my age…45….we all have pasts and accumulated friendships over the years. The men in my life that are truly my friends will be my friends even if I’m in a relationship….so if it’s under the circumstances of really truly JUST friends….then I would trust my man and his friend to be respectful of our relationship.

If this “friend” is an old ex from last year. Then no I wouldn’t feel comfortable and I’d probably end a relationship with any man that would think doing that would eveN be ok.

Hell no! I would dump his ass

Where do y’all find these men? First of all, a man who values his relationship should say if my girl can’t go, I’m not going. They’re going on a date hun. If you tell him that you don’t approve and he does it anyway, then you know where you stand. :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

Totally fine? My best friends are boys and his is a girl. We are all friends but sometimes alone time with your friends is important. If you don’t trust your boyfriend there are bigger issues with your own security levels that you should deal with. It’s unfair to project your insecurities onto someone else. And it is unfair to ask your partner to give up his friends. That’s abusive in my opinion.

6 Likes

He would be single before he left

3 Likes

If I was asked to go I’d be ok… but if I’m told I cannot then fk no

1 Like

What’s the whole story here? Who is she and why are they going for dinner and why can’t you go?

3 Likes

I can’t go because he said I can’t go or I can’t go because I have plans already? That makes a difference.

1 Like

Go out to dinner with another man… see how he acts.

1 Like

Uhhh no … wth. I would break up with him… it’s not about trust ,it’s about how he respects you, and when he is saying you are not allowed to come to eat with them “you being his girlfriend” it’s like a date for them… I would just leave… red flags :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

It will be a bye bye from me

2 Likes

If I’m told I can’t go then neither is he, and if he chooses to still go he’s single. Period.

2 Likes

Single. It would make me feel single

4 Likes

I would ask why I wasn’t allowed to go…my husband includes me in everything he does because he wants to :sweat_smile: like that not being allowed part is weird asf to me. But I honestly wouldn’t be put in this situation because my husband as I said would invite me anyway so not sure what to say outside of that doesn’t seem right. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

He wouldn’t be going put it that way!

Not happening . The fact that you were told you can’t go , raises a red flag . He shouldn’t be entertaining women , regardless of their status in his life (not including his mom and you) . If he keeps doing this , she’s gonna know there’s always a chance with him …. Talk to him about it , and nip it in the butt . Or leave . If this is multiple times of doing this , I’d just leave .

If he asked and I knew their relationship, I wouldn’t care so much. My boyfriend works out with his best friend’s girlfriend at the gym, ik her and we all three go to the gym most times but when I work or am not feeling good I have no problem with them going to workout without me. It would just depend on the girl or the situation. If he was bailing on me to go to dinner with her, then I would be suspicious a bit, or if I’ve never met her and know she’s single I probably wouldn’t want him to go. Like I said, very situational on how I would feel :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Depends, my husband has a female friend from high school who I have met and get on great with if it is someone like this I wouldn’t have a issue.

2 Likes

My spouse has to meet with beautiful realtors and loan officers for lunch all of the time. It definitely depends on the context of the dinner/ lunch.

If they’re just friends I’d invite her for dinner at our home, or see if I could join.
If there’s issues with that, then I wouldn’t be ok with it.

2 Likes

If she’s in paying it’s ok.

3 Likes

Single, that’s how I would feel

6 Likes

I guess it depends on whether you trust him or not. If my husband went to lunch w a female friend I’d be fine with it. We don’t have trust issues though.

1 Like

Do all you crazies tag along along every time your boyfriend goes out with a friend whose a guy? Lol some of these comments are psychotic :flushed:

I mean, he’s telling you about it.

2 Likes

When he comes back tell him you will be going out with a guy (friend) in a few nights even send a message… even if you don’t, get dressed up in a black dress and heels whatever you feel pretty in and if he has a problem just tell him “ so it’s ok for you to go have dinner with another girl/ friend but I can’t??

1 Like

My bf best friend of 15 years is a married woman. I adore her. Sometimes her and him go out places while husband and I stay behind (at our own houses ) :joy:
It honestly depends, on the situation

He’d be very single very fast lmfao

2 Likes

So many people who don’t trust their husbands! Why can’t people just be friends?

I would celebrate that I could buy takeaway that he is allergic to and watch a movie ofy choice.

1 Like

Can’t go? Nope. Can go and I don’t want to, yes I am absolutely fine with it.

6 Likes

Yeah that wouldn’t happen

2 Likes

Um thats a no for me dog.

3 Likes

My husband’s best friend is a woman. If she was in town and wanted to just have dinner with him, to catch up, I’d be happy about it. Sometimes people are more free to discuss issues when significant others aren’t around. And I don’t get jealous of my husband’s relationships with the opposite sex. Plenty of my close friends are male and he is cool with that too. #adultingdoneright

1 Like

He wouldn’t be my boyfriend

3 Likes

I don’t do the coed friend thing when I am in serious relationships that’s just me
So when I remarry there will be no going out with coed friends
We can double date
But what do I need a male friend for that’s what my husband is that’s just me
So I expect my love to respect my feelings

3 Likes

The same as if he went to dinner with a guy friend. I don’t control him or tell him what he can or can’t do. I am not insecure and do not feel threatened by anyone. I have guy friends and he has girl friends. So what. Maturity I’d important and acting like a jealous 16 year old is immature.

1 Like

I’ve never been in a healthy relationship. But the thought of trusting your partner sounds dannnnnk.

… what else have I been missing out on?:pleading_face: lol!

If I was with someone I could trust, yes, I wouldn’t mind. But then again, I never have :woozy_face: soooo… lol

1 Like

I’d be perfectly fine with it. I trust my husband. And people of opposite sex can be friends so I really don’t see the issue. Same as if I was hanging out with one of my male friends.

My best friend was a guy. My husband never cared when we hung out.

How do they know each other and why are they going for dinner….?! There’s no context.

1 Like

Some of these comments….wow…I’ve been married for five years and I guarantee you my husband would not be OK with me going on a dinner date with another man without him along. Or vice versa. It’s about respect. If nothing is going on, then there’s no reason why the spouse or significant other should not be allowed to come along.

6 Likes

Why couldn’t you go? Not allowed? Prior plans? How long has he known said friend? Have they ever been “a thing”?

1 Like

What do u mean “cant go” wtf lmao. Thats probably a side chick

3 Likes

I let my Husband go out with a lady he went to school with. N I had no problem with it

1 Like

I would be asking why you can’t go. If he doesn’t want you to go then it’s a red flag. He has no business going to dinner with another female. I wouldn’t go to dinner with a male if my fiance wasn’t there

2 Likes

I would tell him to f off and kick rocks

1 Like

Yeah no I wouldn’t be okay with it at all. Id tell him to do whatever he wants and if he went anyways without me, I’d be packing up and getting the hell outta there. But that’s just me. I deserve more respect than that. And so does any relationship I’m in. Period. And if my partner doesn’t see that? Well then its his loss.

1 Like

Like they both trying to play me for a chump :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

In my opinion his “friend” he wants to go to dinner with should be asking about you and expecting or asking if you will also attend the dinner. If not, Def red flag.

2 Likes

He should have invited you too.

1 Like

I was totally broken when the love of my life left me it was so hard for me & I almost gave up if not for a friend who directed me to a very good and powerful man called Dr_Jesse who helped me bring back the love of my life and now he treat me with so much love and care. I don’t know what you are passing through your relationship but trust me with what Dr_Jesse did for me I know he can help you. massage him on his page all thanks to God sent man called Dr_Jesse

Jealousy is poison. If you can’t or don’t trust your significant other, then one of you needs to change.

If you can’t go that’s FISHY period.

Don’t care what gender the person is. When your a couple your a team. Period.

1 Like

I wouldn’t like it. If you don’t like how it feels. Do the same to him, and see how he feels about it.

3 Likes

Must be hiding something if u cant go

3 Likes

Yeaaaaaa no completely unacceptable

3 Likes

“can’t go”…? Babyyyyyy, let me tell you real quick what your homies’ numbers and addresses are… Or I’ll go by my damn self. Can’t go smmfh

It would make me feel like I was single, so single I would be! #boybye

5 Likes

Wouldnt bother me most of the men I’ve been in some sort of relationship with have had more women friends then men…never bothered me.

i’d get pissed. your boyfriend should’ve invited you first

Fk off he aint goin to dinner lol

2 Likes

That could possibly turn someone into a criminal. :grin:

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me. My husband met one of our very good friends at a dollar store! They went and had lunch several times without me. Being secure in your relationship is a whole ‘nother convo though :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I read it out loud and even my boyfriend said it’s not right.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind, but why can’t i go? Now, if i was working or couldn’t make it, no big deal. But for him to tell me i couldn’t go, well that is a PROBLEM!!

If you can’t go then there’s a problem. If she is just a friend then why can’t she be your friend too? Nope. Dump his shady ass.

Find yourself a man thats would never even consider that :grimacing: Mine would never

That sounds like a date

Brittany Crocker imagine being as insecure as some of the women in these comments.

1 Like

Ohhhh hell no, he ain’t allowed to go unless I am there!

I’d need more info. Like are you even at that point where you both are introducing each other to friends and family. Maybe he’s just not there yet. Also I’d be curious as to why you’re not allowed. That’s be an interesting answer.

It cracks me up how there’s some in here making fun of other women saying there insecure how is it being insecure when they specifically said she can’t go if that’s not a red flag I don’t know what is there’s a reasoning behind it plain and simple.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t like it and I wouldn’t do it

1 Like

Why can’t you go? Seems like he’s trying to pull the wool over your eyes

1 Like

miss girl. no. dump him or get rid of the girl. he shouldn’t be going out with a girl for “dinner” period.

1 Like

I was gonna laugh and say I’d have no issue at all. Cause I’m married and go out to eat with guy friends at times. But then I read “you can’t go”, that would be an issue for me. Id never exclude my husband or their partners if they wanted to go with.

2 Likes

I read it out loud and my boyfriend said that’s called a date. Depends on the reason you can not go, if you have met her/spent time with her, and how good of friends they are. I have been on the other end of this, my ex went to a movie with a “friend” while I was at work. Movie ended around 11pm, he didn’t get home until after 1am. This was early in our relationship and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This same “friend” showed up and made plans with him all the time while I was at work despite saying she wanted to meet me.(we never met or hung out) She tried to throw empty alcohol bottles at my dogs while she was over, and when he told her he was going to marry me she threw a fit and told him not to. She even whined about him wanting to spend time with me on my day off instead of her.

1 Like

I think it’s called insucurity if u don’t have trust if it is just a friend what’s wrong with it …I see no problem if you to have the trust your suppose to in your relationship it shouldn’t be a problem

3 Likes

There is not one reason on Earth that makes this okay.

1 Like

He wouldn’t be my boyfriend anymore

1 Like

My ex did this to me. He made it my fault, that I was insecure, didn’t trust him etc. But he made me feel like he was embarrassed to be with me. I was so young, insecure and nieve. If I could go back, I’d get dressed up and go with him. If she’s his friend she should be your friend.

1 Like

Have the doors locked and his things by the road when he got back that’s how I would feel

3 Likes

Nahhhh. And, it has nothing to do with being insecure!! Period. Play with ya balls, not me!! What you mean you can’t go??
Ummm we all going to lunch or no one is going to lunch :rofl::rofl: fuck outta here.
Something ain’t right with that

I would feel like I don’t need a boyfriend anymore.

2 Likes

This is so disrespectful towards you in my opinion. If he’s going out with another female and doesn’t want you to go. He basically wants you to come home too while he “goes out” with her…he wants his cake and eat it too!! Your boyfriend needs to put you first and if not put him in the trash and dump him PEROID :nail_care:

1 Like

I have a couple guy friends that I go out to dinner with all the time. Our spouses usually don’t go but they’ve never been not allowed to!

2 Likes

You CAN’T go? Why can’t you go? Have they not seen each other for a really long time and just want time to catch up? If it’s something like that I’d understand. Otherwise I think it’s really weird to go anywhere your partner isn’t welcome. Not that your partner HAS to go, just that they can if they’d like. That’s how I think it should be. We all need time away from our partners, it should never be a situation where your partner can’t go though.

He wouldn’t. Go plain and simple

Depends on if you cannot go or he doesn’t want you to go. Big difference

3 Likes

Move on… I’m sorry, it sucks, but someone who loves you, would never put you in this situation.

The first part didn’t bother me. If my spouse had friends of the opposite sex and our relationship was solid, do you boo. Telling me I CAN’T go is different. There’s a reason you’re “not allowed”…

He could continue eating with her and without me…we would be done.

1 Like

It would depend on the friend and why they are eating out alone together. Not every female and male have romantic/sexual chemistry together.

3 Likes

Hes got something to hide if you can’t go!

4 Likes