How would you feel if your partner make you pay for everything?

How would you feel if your partner would make you pay for stuff as soon as he finds out you got your taxes ? Backstory. Last year he was jobless so I was the only one working. Never made him pay anything when he would go donate plasma. Well now this year his working making triple of what I made when I was working & now im a stay at home mom for now. Well as soon as he found out that I got my taxes his been making me pay for bills, stuff he needs oh and he also decided to add something to my car that was 1,000 which I didn’t want and he told me I had to pay him back for it which I did. I don’t think it’s fair that I’m having to spend my taxes on all this stuff when I clearly told him that my tax money is going to the kids. I got 3,000 back and my money is almost gone. I don’t see how it’s fair because he makes money all year round and doesn’t even give me a $1 so my tax money was the only money I’m getting for the whole year. Yet he says I’m over reacting and that I need to help out. am I in the wrong for feeling this way.

5 Likes

I’ve personally been in a similar situation and all I can say is. Assert yourself, Make your priorities known, if you’re worried about his reaction if you do so, then you need to leave. Financial abuse is a legitimate issue. Being a stay at home mum is a huge contribution to a functioning household, childcare is expensive as anything. So no, you are not in the wrong, but it sounds like you need to put your foot down.

3 Likes

He would be an EX boyfriend. My husband has NEVER made me pay for everything, even when we were dating and he was out of work while I worked. When he was out of work any monet he made doing something still went to the kids and bills. Every time we have gotten taxes back he always makes sure bills are paid, kids have everything they need, and I get stuff for myself

4 Likes

With taxes the first thing they should be spent on is bills and the kids. Anything left should be for what the person who filed the taxes wants, it sounds like he is just using your money for what HE wants

1 Like

Yes all this guy is doing us using and abusing u if he’s not helping then ask yourself why is he there and trust me I’ve been there and it only gets worse cause then if u can’t pay for stuff next comes the smacks then beatings dump him best thing u could do for yourself

1 Like

Seriously time for you to find a babysitter and make your own money . Being a grown up isn’t easy and yes you should have to pay bills etc .

1 Like

First off all I hear is my money ,his money…
In a relationship it’s OUR money no matter who makes it…

5 Likes

Wth selvish pri$# laters to him get a real man a supportive one who spoils u

1 Like

He’s using you. He didn’t pay bills last year. He had no reason to not have a job, seriously. So yeah, he can pay all the bills this year if he’s going to play that game.

Dump him! Are you that desperate for a man!!!

1 Like

Okay so let’s get this straight you worked and he didn’t and you paid all the bills. Now he works makes way more money and you take care of the kids and he still makes you pay and doesn’t give you any money. Something’s wrong there. I would seriously reconsider going back to work so you have your own money and don’t give him any. Instead you should both work out what bills you might be able to help with and pay them yourself. Or just leave. He doesn’t respect you

4 Likes

Remind him of the year he wasn’t working and you supported him. If needed sit down and write down what it cost you to feed, shelter and clothe him. Put it in the form of a bill. Might wake him up.

4 Likes

Stand up for yourself!! Thats not how a relationship works.

2 Likes

Where do you people find these men? Like good god. Nobody would be forcing me to spend money on anything or anyone. This is financial abuse…these post poping up over and over again.

1 Like

What do you mean MADE YOU???

1 Like

I wouldn’t have get that loser a dime

And I would throw him to the curb

I’ve been here and it sucks you already spent the money but don’t give him another penny. You needed that money.