How would you react if your boyfriend said this after you gave birth?

How would you react if when your baby was born your boyfriend said you “looked gross” down there…i feel so self concious now…

200 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How would you react if your boyfriend said this after you gave birth?

Darling that’s a boy not a man how dare he even comment you have just given his child.life I would be absolutely fuming with him for that … tell him if he hates it so much he won’t want to come near it will he

17 Likes

I’d say “no $h!+ But there are certain things we don’t say”

3 Likes

I’ve had three babies all within three years. My down there has (thankfully) stayed basically the same? Ish? Lol but my man wouldn’t EVER disrespect me like that. If he did he sure wouldn’t be my man anymore. I just birthed your child and you say that knowing how fragile I am at that point? Hell no.

10 Likes

Watching a baby being born is kinda gross. It brings something beautiful to the world but the actual process… I wouldn’t think to much of it!

12 Likes

Dump him. He clearly can’t respect and appreciate what your body went through to birth his child. Your flex is you gave birth to a human, body changes. Especially down there, it takes a while for things to go back to normal.
Don’t feel self conscious. You’re amazing, you did an amazing job.

5 Likes

My reaction? I’d cry and feel absolutely terrible that someone would even speak that. But I would make sure he never looked or touched me there again :woman_shrugging: simple

9 Likes

Some fathers refuse to even be present during the delivery. Someone that has no medical back ground or has never seen a child born it can be very shocking even traumatic for them and to many people the sight of blood, fluids, and placenta etc coming out of a vagina is gross…However he should have kept that comment to himself.

Throw the whole “man” away. His response to your after birth Coochie is just sad. Yes it looks different but definitely just birthed his seed and he better approach you with respect!

What an insensitive prick!!

Honey if he is OK with what he puts in “there” than he should be ok with what comes out. That’s someone who isn’t mature enough that you gave life

12 Likes

It may seem gross for a moment but a real man will accept and appreciate what may be gross for a min gave him his true life blessing!!

1 Like

I guess it’s like watching his favourite pub burn down :joy:
But I’d be pissed and he wouldn’t be eating at that pub anymore.

10 Likes

He was probably meaning the process of it all looked gross… and instead of discussing it with him you turn to strangers opinions to make yourself feel better? Talk to him about it .

8 Likes

Sounding real
babydaddyish to me :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Well I would be like bye and don’t come back for anything

Jeepers what the heck does he expect it to be a bunch of roses, tell him to push out something the size of melon out of diddly and see how graceful that is, my God some men just don’t think. Sounds like he doesn’t understand the whole process of birth try to explain to him how it made you feel.

1 Like

I probably would’ve cried if my husband said that after our first daughter (now 22) was born. It takes a cruel and immature man to say something like that to the woman who just gave him a child. He doesn’t deserve you. I’ve had 3 kids and it’s basically the same as it was before I had kids so you don’t need to worry in that department lol. It goes back to normal pretty quick after.

4 Likes

I mean it is pretty gross lol

15 Likes

Welp he is stuck with a ugly sack in between his legs for life an he expects you to just be ok with it. If he wasn’t aware having a several pound child exit your body would temp alter your hoo ha then he isn’t mature an needs to do some growing up. Wth did he think was gonna happen?? It would just expand an go right back to normal​:neutral_face::neutral_face:.

Like, did he mean AS you were actively giving birth? As a woman i have to say the birthing process is not beautiful. Thats bullshit. And theres a lot of gross weird fluids. If he said it after, Throw the whole man in the trash and start again™

1 Like

I don’t think he meant it looked gross as I’m always. It looked gross in the moment and as the owner of one of those I wholeheartedly agree that in that moment it does look gross

8 Likes

He is right. I would probably feel a bit offended because it’s alot to go through and then I would try to let it go because he’s probably just being honest, no one’s looks great after they just gave birth.

3 Likes

i just recently had a baby… i had to have another csection cuz my body cant go through it esp after having another baby in under a year… it wasn’t recommended…
but if my bf said that to me… i’d slap him…
but its me that says it :see_no_evil::joy: i hate my tummy…

OMGosh he will never live that one down . He hopefully regrets it , that’s the only way to get past it , if he truly regrets it and talks openly to you abt it .

Ask him what he thinks his D$(k would look like if he pussed a watermelon out of it.
Then tell him guess he doesn’t need too see it or touch it ever again

4 Likes

He only said the truth. It does look gross while giving birth. I didn’t even want to look down there myself. Horror show.

6 Likes

How rude. Next time he wants to have sex, say to him “no thanks, it’s gross down there remember?” :roll_eyes:

The birth process is pretty gross. Vulva, IMHO, are never particularly attractive but neither are penises. My boyfriend was more than a little traumatized by the manual placenta removal. It might take him a bit to not see what he saw.

Ide say then stay away from it​:rofl::rofl:

I mean I can understand how this makes you feel… but he’s not wrong. It’s not the prettiest sight :joy: I told my ex when we had our daughter to not look down there at all as he may regret it hahah.

5 Likes

He is probally talking about the blood and afterbirth :laughing: your lucky he didnt pass out

2 Likes

Tell him to spit out a child and see how his d**k would look afterwards.

1 Like

I mean it does look gross right after you push a whole human out what do you expect him to say?

9 Likes

My partner painted a very descriptive picture to his mates after I gave birth, I still laugh about it, I warned him not to look. It does look gross during childbirth so don’t get offended. I’m sure that’s all he meant. Maybe just ask him to make sure and if I’m wrong, then proceed to kick his arse and deny him any future access :sweat_smile:

Sounds like the baby you just had is more mature than he is, time to give the boyfriend back to his mommy

1 Like

You women are all being very petty, read Alice Knight’s comments she is so right

2 Likes

Fuck off and die asshole

I’m sure it does look gross right after. Everyone’s.

1 Like

I saw my best friend give birth & honestly, it was horrific :scream:

2 Likes

He’s not wrong lol I would have agreed

3 Likes

My ex said I got so fat while pregnant with my oldest that I looked like I ate myself. That thought never left my head and he said it 13 years ago.

4 Likes

I’ve looked 24 hours after birth. It looked the same. My partner watched our son come out and he said THAT was horrific. But he said it was amazing how fast everything went right back to looking the same.
So if your partner meant it looked bad as baby came out: well, duh!
But a couple of days later? Naw. He’s got to be talking about the blood or something. It bounces right back.

2 Likes

Leave now. You pushed a child out.

RUN!

Here are a few insults I would say back
I would insult you back but just like your d*** life’s too short

Oh My God it’s so huge… but according to statistics that’s what women say about a small spider too

If I had a dog with a face like yours I’d shave it’s butt and teach it to walk backwards
I envy everyone you have never met
Your like the end pieces of a loaf of bread everybody touches you but nobody wants you

Just a few that I thought were great!! I’d like to see him push a whole ass baby out of his tiny hole!!

Kind of tactless but it is really gross

2 Likes

every female that gives birth vaginally looks awful down there right after…

1 Like

It’s gross don’t take it personal lol. My husband still jokes about it with me.

Everyone’s looks like an absolute mess right after. You’re not alone, we all look gross lol
It’s not worth being a single mom over… ignore them. Don’t leave him for that

You just pushed a human out your vagina. Wtf does he expect?! Wowwww :exploding_head:

It is gross looking lol.

Not nice to say it to you, he could’ve just kept it to himself

1 Like

Well geez…that’s partly his fault,smh… How would I react? I definitely wouldn’t be giving him any anytime soon

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the comment unless he’s being a jerk and treating you differently because of what he saw. I would’ve felt bad about it too. It’s not a great thing to say to someone right after they have given birth to your child. However, you have to remember that sometimes people don’t think like we do and they don’t try hard to avoid hurting others feelings constantly. He probably just said it and didn’t mean anything hurtful towards you hon.

2 Likes

They all think it looks gross just your husband vocalized it…

3 Likes

Tbh it probably is gross :woman_shrugging:t3::joy: Glad I didn’t have to see anything happen Lol

i suggest taking a handheld mirror and looking for yourself, you’d agree with him.
Child birth is brutal to the old girl😂

4 Likes

It is😂 swollen, bloody and sore course its gross but I did it 6 times because well kids you know! They make up for it😂

Did they provide you with a mirror? It does look gross.

I see no lies detected

Well it probably does look a little gross, but a little tact goes a long way.

-_- what. Ate you serious!?

1 Like

What did he expect! You’ve just pushed something the size of a watermelon out of a space the size of a grape :woman_shrugging:Don’t pregnant couples have to go to parent classes and watch the delivery video anymore? Even now years later my gynaecologist says my fandango looks like a motorway pile up :grimacing:xx

It does look gross but it goes back to normal :joy:

Lol this is why I didn’t even want to look.
My hubby has half a brain though and would never have made a comment like that! Hun, tell him that was an awful thing to say and has made you self concious. BUT, do also remember that our bodies are amazing…the things it can do aren’t always pretty, but still amazing. Ask him what he thinks his bits would look like pushing out a baby!

1 Like

Another reason the men stayed out of the room during birth. Waited out in the hall, waiting room. Back n the day.

Not nice to say, but its true :joy: it probably just came out of his mouth with nerves

1 Like

Not gunna lie unless its because im english here but no way would i be happy with that, everyone just seems to be agreeing, its the most natural thing in the world for us to birth a baby, and of course our bodies are going to change we don’t need to fucking hear it looks gross though, so I would tell him to shut the fuck up, I’m sure his Penis wouldn’t look the best if he had just pushed our child out of it.
Not sure how long after giving birth but just remember everything contracts back, keep doing them pelvic floors, don’t look for a month or so and I can guarantee after a couple of months he won’t think its gross anymore x

I would of just said state the obvious mate, it feels even worse then it looks :+1:

Don’t read to much into it, you just gave birth, your hormones will make you extra sensitive.

3 Likes

Tell him that he has a stupid ass mouth for someone that had 5 seconds of fame and you created a human so he just has to stfu :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Your worried About what he said about your vagina :laughing: really i would of been pissed if he said the baby is gross

Just because it’s a normal thing for your body to do doesn’t mean it’s pleasant to watch. I watched myself give birth to my daughter in a mirror on the ceiling I’m going to have to agree with your boyfriend on this one. Lol

3 Likes

I would have said and so does your D***:face_with_hand_over_mouth::woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

He didn’t need to say it. Like obviously it’s a blood bath downstairs, I just shoved a human out of me? There is zero reason, on top of everything else, should her partner be commenting on her vagina. I guess it really depends on how he said, like was he joking or was he being serious? That matters a lot, as well.

Tell him to grow up.

3 Likes

I would be so hurt. You have every right to feel what your feeling he’s supposed to be your rock right now and hurtful comments aren’t what you need, you need all the love and positivity. This has made me so angry

Immediately after? It does look gross lol don’t feel bad, you will go back to normal

2 Likes

Well Dicks and balls are ugly all the time so… he can go sod right off

Send kitty pics to guys and then tell him 200 other men disagree and then leave him

9 Likes

They put a mirror there for me to watch what was happening when my daughter was crowning. I was in shock that my vagina could open that big… :joy:Honestly, it was amazing to watch, but it WAS gross…

I will say this though, my ex was a narcissistic abuser… He had many issues and treated me horribly for 8 years… he never missed an opportunity to say something to hurt my feelings, but even he never said anything to me about how it looked & he watched me push out 2 of his kids. Matter of fact, he told my Mom after my daughter was born that he didn’t want me to know that he saw me poop when I was pushing because he knew I’d be embarrassed. I didn’t find out for over 5 years… So I have to hand it to him that once… :joy:

My brother is 38 and my Dad STILL talks about how traumatized he was when he watched my teeny Mom push out a 10.3lb baby, and how they had to do an episiotomy and he damn near passed out and had to stop watching! :joy:

If this was his first experience watching a birth, he might have lost his filter from the shock lol. Giving birth is a pretty huge deal, but being in the room and seeing it firsthand can be overwhelming, too. When my daughter was born, I looked over at my husband and was surprised to see him sobbing.

A comment like that can definitely make you self-conscious, and he needs to do a ton of damage control to make you feel secure again…but it might be the only thing he could come up with to describe the experience. I wouldn’t throw the whole man out unless he does this kind of thing all the time, or if he doesn’t understand why it hurt you/won’t apologize.

3 Likes

Well it does look gross, definitely not for the faint of heart.

2 Likes

Well it does. I didn’t even want to look when I had my daughter :confounded: I’m sure he just said it without thinking about it first, not to hurt you.

2 Likes

Tell him how that made you feel :woman_shrugging: communication is key. It is gross looking down there during birth! But It goes back pretty close to normal after. It’s like a rubber band. Don’t feel self conscious,and let him know that his comment made you feel bad. Let him atleast attempt to reassure you.

1 Like

Loooool, I told my cousin this after she gave birth - as horrible as it sounds, it’s not exactly a lie, it is gross down there. I would have laughed it off

3 Likes

I mean it is gross and nasty. My current boyfriend (father of my 3rd and 4th) did not get to see me or be there for the births. He probably would have passed out. (He got light headed and puked and almost passed out when I was doing a biopsy for cervical cancer and I wouldn’t stop bleeding after the doctor took the sample. Like 4 different attempts by the doctor to get it to stop… but reasons he wasn’t there baby 3 (his first my 3rd was born in our driveway. I still had my pants on and everything. And he wasn’t in ambulance because he had to bring car and stuff that was Jan 2019, Jan 2022 baby 4 was born I was induced but COVID restrictions said we couldn’t bring our now 3yr old with and we had no one to watch her so I gave birth alone.) And I’m ok with it…

I would feel like he’s wildly immature, and myself and my baby do not have time for that. Please exit stage left.

7 Likes

Well you just pushed a watermelon through a kiwi so it’s a little banged up but it will go back to its old self! In the meantime tell him he’s a prick for hurting your feelings…

My husband refuses to look down there during labor lol.

1 Like

It looks Hella gross down there

1 Like

Y’all just let your “man” disrespect you, and you’re fine with it? LOL. Low low looowww standards around here.

10 Likes

Piss on him lrt him try to push one out

I’d say well da!!! A human just erupted from me and apparently there were casualties :rofl::rofl: I mean let’s be real. Childbirth is definitely “messy” dare I say gross.

1 Like

All of you saying it is. We know!! I’m sure she’s aware!
However, there are certain things you don’t say to your partner while in a fragile state.
Imagine watching your body go through all these changes, it won’t be the same again, feeling depressed, physically tired, emotionally drained and your support person says this to you. It’s insensitive!

7 Likes

He’s being insensitive but truthful. It can be a lot worse. My now ex had a stranger harass me by phone while I was in labor, ate while knowing I was starving making sure to make me smell his food & tell me what I’m missing. Made fun of me for “acting like a baby” etc.

1 Like

Girl please. Some men literally THROW UP

1 Like

Babe u just gave birth , I expected that with my bby dad but he WATCHED our daughter come out and was shocked , and excited called it a experience… be upfront u will be going through alot in the next few weeks tell him that was uncalled for in delivery nothing is pretty every thing changes

It may look that way after birth but that doesn’t mean he has to actually say it…
He needs to grow up and realise that giving birth isn’t pretty…Men are insensitive

3 Likes

Well yeah it is gross but he had no right to disrepect you like that.

6 Likes