I am 16 days late for my period but pregnancy tests are negative: Thoughts?

My periods have always been very regular. Every 28 days. However, I am now 16 days late for my period, and pregnancy tests are still showing up negative. I am not under stress as I know that I can sometimes throw off periods, but my periods have never been late other than when I was pregnant for my son. Has this happened to anyone, and had it turned out they were pregnant, and it just didn’t show up yet??

5 Likes

Maybe get a blood test? To confirm. Your levels may be too low to show on a home test but that’s odd after so many days.
Best of luck!

1 Like

I’m very regular as well, only time I was late was when I was pregnant, there have been 3 times or so when I was under a lot of stress that I was almost sometimes a month late and then got my period no pregnancy just due to stress, but everyone’s different!:woman_shrugging:t2: hope this helps some

1 Like

Yes blood test yes I’ve I didn’t show up on pee stick till 4 mouths

5 Likes

It depends on the pregnancy test too…I always use the cheap dollar store ones because they pick up a much lower HCG level.

2 Likes

My test don’t normally show up until 10 or 12 weeks. You can get a blood test

1 Like

I had a few false negative home tests, then went to the dr and I was in fact pregnant.

I missed a month once. Didn’t think I was Stressed but my body apparently was.

1 Like

That’s happened to me
Ended up being a weight issue

Mine period was 12 days late before I finally got a positive test. The doctor told me I ovulated late.

My son was 6 months old and I had a hunch I might be pregnant again. I took a test and this is what showed. The line was sooooo faint so I took a digital test later that day and it immediately said pregnant. I had an appt 3 weeks later and according to the dating ultrasound I was about 6 weeks 5 days. So at the time I took the at home tests I would have been 3 ish weeks and it showed.

It happened to me for over 3 months, when I finally went to dr I was 17 wks pregnant.

Get a blood test or pelvic exam a piss test never was positive for any of my pregnancies

2 Likes

Depends on your age and hormones. As you get older you are more susceptible to becoming irregular because your hormone levels dropped or it could be your thyroid. Get a hormone panel done thru your ob/gyn which would include the HCG will definitively tell you if you are pregnant or not.

This happened with my second, I didn’t get a positive test until I was 10 weeks along

Yup a friend got false negatives, she got a scan and was already quite far along.

16 dpo and 12 days late here. I ovulated late. Negative tests here but technically I should only be 4 weeks now. I see tge dr. In 2 weeks. Oh and all tests negative

I missed my period in January. Pregnancy tests were negative. Also went to doctor and negative. Had my period in February and March and was late again after that and didn’t take a test thinking it was hormones were off or early menopause, I’m 36. Felt nauseous and took a test on Easter and I was 6 weeks pregnant. Our bodies do crazy things. But I was not pregnant in January. It has taken me two years to get pregnant and bam.

You dont state your age. Under 35 get another test ro confirm. 35 over may well be start of menopause. Only a doctor can tell tou what is going on.

Three out of six didn’t come up positive until after three months and I tested every five days :flushed: once I though I was.

I’d definitely call your Dr and schedule an appointment. Some women don’t show positive right away. I’d ask for blood work.

I’m having the same issue. I’m 7 days late and both test were negative. I’ve never been pregnant so I’m nervous

Mine was around 10-11 days late last month before I finally got my period. Sometimes are bodies are just weird lol

I’ve gone 2 weeks with a late period due to stress and everything.

I got 2 negatives while 6w4d prego with twins

I had that happen. Didn’t have a cycle for 3 months …took tests and constantly got negatives…took one 3rd month and got a super strong positive. Ended up being 12 weeks by time dr would give a test and ultrasound

Your hormones may just be low. Go to the doctor and have them run a test

I didnt get a positive test until I was around 10 wks

Most ERs are a reliable place to get answers.

I had this happen recently. Im taking the pill and I think that’s what threw it off. Had a blood test and ultrasound done so they could be sure there wasn’t a cyst and was all clear. I stopped taking the pill for a bit and got my period the next month like nothing had happened. I was told if it skips again while I’m taking the pill I might need ones with lower estrogen

Also, dietary supplements can also mess up your period. Diet pills, stress, change in diet, completely different sleep schedule (ie; switching from 1st shift to 3rd)can all mess up your period. I would test again in a week as false negatives are likely to happen.

I didn’t show a positive until almost a month after my period was supposed to be. I had 3 negative tests before I finally had positive ones!

It’s happen to me. I missed my period and all test were negative. Doctor ordered a MRI and seen I had a benign tumor on my pituitary gland and that caused abnormal levels of prolactin causing abnormal periods

Not old enough for menopause?

My urine test came back negative for 5 months, I knew I was pregnant right away told my doctor he did a urine test still negative, did an ultrasound yup theres a baby and then he ran a full blood panel.

Get blood drawn to be 100% sure, and see if you can double check with an ultrasound. It doesn’t hurt to be on the safe side.

You might not think your under stress. But their is a Pandemic going on right now. So that itself is stressful. Lol.
But I do suggest calling your OB. It could be A Pregnancy, Or Cysts.
Only way to know is if you make an appointment.

Yeap that happened to me. He is now almost 16. All three of my pregnancies were different except for the all day sickness, lol not just morning sickness.

I would suggest calling your ob. This happened to me about 5 years ago and turns out I had cysts all over my uterus.

My first pregnancy didn’t show up til I was 7 weeks pregnant

Sometimes it takes weeks before the hcg levels are at a detectable amount for pregnancy tests. 16 days is a lot and I’d say its safe to assume you’re pregnant. Congratulations! Or I’m sorry. Whichever fits more.

My period was a month late before I showed on a test. I took 1 test a week and had three negatives before I got my positive!

Oh yeah. Plus you’re tripping so time will go by slowly, just in case, don’t stress out, be happy and laugh tons … you’ll miss the control you had over you emotions of you are preggers

Yes, it happened to I was 2 weeks late and 5 negative test then the 6th one had a positive ghost line. The 7th was positive. I was pregnant

Yes… get a blood test at the hospital.

Stress, and are we not all under stress rightnow?

Yep, me. Took blood work to finally show up

That happened to my friend.

Get a blood test results.

Relax go take a cool bath take test in morning

Go and get blood tests done and possibly an ultrasound.just a suggestion…I showed no sign of being pregnant with my daughter until I was almost 2 months along…and my store bought tests kept coming back negative. But the one at the hospital came back positive because pregnancy chemicals can be detected in blood before urine.

My friend didn’t get a positive test until she was like 4 months along. She knew she was pregnant though and got a Dr to confirm at around 3-4 weeks but kept taking tests just to see when the home test would pop.

My sister was 8 months into her pregnancy and very large and the tests were still showing negative!!

I was almost 3 weeks late when I finally got a positive test

Go to dr and let them do bloodwork

Got to dr and get a blood test

I was 8 weeks pregnant by the time I got a faint positive

Hey did you ever find out if you where pregnant?

Is it possible that 1 pregnancy will show postive day of missed period and a other pregnancy takes week to show positive?

Hi how far are you?? M goin thru the Negatives

What pill were you taking? And you in fact came up not pregnant, it was just the lecel of hormones in the pills?

I’m going thru the same thing, my period is 16 days late rn and all my tests are negative. I’m so confused.

I’m 16 days late now with irregular periods and I’ve done 2 tests and they came back negative !

Would love to know what the outcome of this was?
I’m currently 16 days late with negative pregnancy test.

Yes same in my experience I am 16 days late 5 days ago I try to take pregnancy test it was negative and dissapointed

My period is 16 days late I got a positive I want a negative test so I don’t know what’s going on

If you got a positive test at 16 days late…you’re pregnant.

Could be too early or stress, or hormones. I usually get my period each month but there’s times where it’ll get all messed up and I’ll skip a month, or get mine twice in a month :woman_shrugging:. I would wait a week, test again, if still negative, talk to your doctor.

Every missed period doesn’t mean pregnancy. I went a whole month without a period and was not pregnant. Medication, stress, and body changes can all be cause to a missed period.

1 Like

Research covid vaccines and irregular periods

Could be stress or PCOS

Probably stress or hormones out of wack. See your doctor if it doesn’t return next month

Do you take ovulation tests? Your body may of skipped ovulation. When that happens it makes your cycle longer. Instead of the uterine lining just shedding on command it will build up and fall like a stack of blocks. Be prepared for it to start unexpectedly!

Put a glove on til then

Did you end up pregnant ? I’m currently 16 days late all tests negative and never been late before