I am 19 weeks and barely showing: Advice?

So I’m currently pregnant with my second child. I am 19 weeks. And I feel like I should be showing more than I did with my firstborn. But I’m hardly showing. I am a tiny person. But just curious

3 Likes

My three pregnancies were different for me. With some I looked like a whale and others I didn’t pop until the end. If your OB isn’t concerned with your weight then you shouldn’t be.

I’m 32 weeks and my bump is not very noticeable I went pretty much my whole pregnancy with out certain people knowing even tho I’d see them sometimes face to face this is my 3rd

I feel like each pregnancy is different. I have a co worker that is 24 weeks with her 4th and she just barely popped out.

2 Likes

I’m very petite, 98 lbs pre-pregnancy and I didn’t show until 23 weeks. Even then it was not a true bump at all until closer to 28 weeks. I think the first pregnancy women always believe they are showing so early when it’s really just bloat.

If your OB isn’t worried then you shouldn’t be unless told Otherwise. All pregnancy’s are different. For my first you could tell by 19 weeks. I am now 30 weeks with my second and I’m just starting to look pregnant

Every pregnancy is different

I didnt pop with my second until 28 weeks every pregnancy is different

I didn’t show as much with my second either until my 3rd trimester. Didn’t gain as much until towards the end either. He was my biggest at 9lbs 13 oz lol. My 3rd tho? I got huge quick … Each pregnancy is different :woman_shrugging:t3:

Everyone is different. Baby might be more posterior with this pregnancy. Don’t worry too much about it :relaxed:

Every pregnancy is different… trust me you will wake up and be like " where the hell did this pregnant belly come from "!

You’re still very early. Not everyone gets a huge belly. Don’t worry you’ll be bigger than you want to be soon enough.

With my daughter, I was showing around 19 weeks. I didnt get very big at all.

All pregnancy is different. With my 3rd I didn’t show until I was 7 months and it happened almost overnight.

My old manager was stick thin and didn’t show her entire pregnancy. She was about 33 weeks along when I found out just because she told me she would be going on maternity leave soon.

I didn’t start showing with any of my 5 girls until I was 7 months. You’ll get there.

I was 107 when I was pregnant with my second and I didn’t really pop out with a actual baby belly till I was about 5 months…

I am tiny, and I didn’t show until 20 weeks. All 5 kids. My boys later, because my butt just got big at first. My 2nd child, I was hit on at 8 months pregnant by a guy who thought “I just liked beer”.

If your OB says you should not be concerned and that the baby is totally fine, you should not really worry about the size of the bump. Every woman is different.

I looked 3 months pregnant when I delivered. I am a smaller built person but everyone is curious, my best friend looked almost 9 months when she was 4 months along.

Your body isn’t necessarily a reflection of how your baby is developing. So long as your OB isn’t concerned about how your baby is developing then I wouldn’t be concerned. I didn’t show until 7 months with my first.

I was the same way. Dont worry.

Every pregnancy is different, could take a few more weeks or so. You also may be carrying baby more in your back than our front

I barely looked pregnant until 8 months. But this would be a question for your doctor or midwife

I’m currently 33 weeks with my second. I didn’t really start to “pop” until I was halfway through my second trimester and even then, it was only people who seen me on a regular had noticed it lol my mother-in-law said one week their was nothing, the next it was all there. :joy: I was showing sooner with my first then my second :blush:

Not necessarily…
You just carry well.
:heart:

I didnt even know I was pregnant till 19 weeks! Then the next month I just ballooned lol

I am 31 weeks and just now really starting to grow! I was huge by now with my first. I’m all belly with this one.

I didn’t start showing til I was about 24 weeks. I wasn’t in great shape before getting pregnant which I don’t think helped, and my son was small when he was born. As long as your doctor has no concerns about your baby’s size, I’d say you’re fine :slight_smile:

I’m not a doctor but I believe that it depends partially on where the implantation occurred within the uterus, as well as the fact that one pregnancy can change the way your uterus sits in your body. If your uterus is more retroverted post carrying baby 1, then perhaps you won’t see baby 2 until later? Again, idk exactly, but my uterus changed shape and where it sat after my first. Didn’t help hide my second one though, lol. I felt like a stuffed turkey the whole time.

I gained 80 pounds with 3 of my pregnancies and showed very early.

My third however, I went into the ER with a huge injury to my leg from taking cipro (toxic crap) and it was discovered that I was 23 weeks pregnant. I gained 5 pounds the entire pregnancy.

Every pregnancy is different.

Both of mine I didn’t start showing until about 20 weeks. My first I wasn’t big until 7 months along. I got big faster with my second…but both my girls I only gained 15 lbs max with and came out 5 to 10 pounds lighter after had them. My thyroid goes into overdrive while preggers…for some reason

Honestly I looked like I had a round beer gut when I was 19 weeks. Some people just pop a little later than others. With that being said as long as your doctor is able to say baby is healthy and growing, then be proud! I was so happy to be able to see my feet till like 30 weeks! And my little girl is a very healthy happy little lady :slight_smile: