I am 20 weeks pregnant and started bleeding: Advice?

I had bleeding at 20 weeks it stopped and delivered a bouncing baby boy full no other complications don’t stress,rest keep your feet up stay hydrated prayers going up for you and your baby

I bled heavy one episode with severe cramping at 4-1/2 months that’s when I found out I was pregnant. My son is 20yrs old now. Prayers that you and your baby will continue to be safe! A blessed and healthy delivery for you! Amen!

I started bleeding at 20 weeks - turned out I had a low lying placenta . I just had to take it easy . Delivered a healthy baby boy that is now a healthy 12 year old :heart: just take it easy mama and best wishes xo

I bleed about this time everything was fine er told me same thing. I also miscarried with one pregnancy and bleeding. Prayers yes go see you OB and stay in bed as much as possible.

I had a threatened miscarriage with my daughter. She turned 3 today. She was a preemie due to gestational diabetes. She’s was a healthy preemie and didn’t even see the NICU and came home with me when I was released. Praying for you and baby.

I had a cyst and when I got further along the baby popped it. I went to the hospital and all was just fine. You will have a fine pregnancy. Just listen to your doctors.

I spotted during both of my pregnancies. More with my first. Don’t stress too much. I carried both my children too term.

I had that at 16 weeks. Ended up being from having a placenta so close to the opening of the cervix. It corrected itself by the time I delivered and he is a happy, healthy 9 month old now. I know it’s scary but just follow doctors suggestions, they know what is best(like if they tell you to take it easy or no sex or whatever they might suggest) and hopefully that can help ease your mind

I was 8 weeks pregnant when I started bleeding. I went for a check up & heart beat was still there & things were fine. Turned out I had a rather large cyst on one of my ovaries that needed removing asap.
The drs told me I may miss carry but everything went ok & I went on to have my beautiful baby girl x

I few drops is normal, anything more than several drops is wise to seek medical attention. You might need an ultrasound. But don’t jump to any fears, just keep a positive note and go to emergency to be checked out properly! It might not be anything, but don’t take any chances if something needs to be intervened.

This last pregnancy, I bled off and on from 6w til 16w sometimes w/ clots freaked out every single time I was put on pelvic rest and couldn’t do much carried her all the way til 39w5d and had a scheduled csection

I was about that far along when I had the same issue with bleeding. I was put on bed rest, then light duty. My son was born 8 days late and healthy.

I bleed my whole nine months and my son is 50 and healthy now. He came her 7’8oz and heathy. Some bleeding might happen just tell your doctor everything

I was menstruating the first 3-4 months of my pregnancy…try to keep your feet up don’t lift heavy things. I carried my baby until 40wks! Healthy baby boy who’s now 20! Rest a bit you should be ok… it happens

I got the same around 8 weeks pregnant I started bleeding. Doctor checked the cervix was closed and sent me for an ultrasound. I was amazing to hear my baby’s heart beat for the first time and it made me feel how real it is to feel the baby inside of me. The pain was unbearable too for about a week. I went on bed rest for a week until it stopped bleeding. Delivered a healthy baby at full term.

I had a cyst with my last pregnancy he was born fine at 39 weeks and the cyst went away after I had him on it’s own

My 3rd child was in threat of miscarriage but had bed rest for about 2 months and then all was good and a healthy baby girl

I bleed for weeks when I fist found out I was pregnant i heard its nothing to worry about as long as its not super heavy and dark

I have a sub chronic hemorrhage currently. I gushed blood everywhere and felt the same way you did … Thinking my baby had died. I am only 9 weeks pregnant and I have been given till I’m 30 weeks before the c section happens. Please rest alot. I have not seen blood since taking care of myself and resting.

I had a cyst with my first. They said sometimes the cyst is formed before to give nutrients before the placenta is fully ready. Mine was the size of a baseball and uncomfortable. Also i bled until i was 3 months

Rest up! Praying for you. I’m going through the same thing now at 6 weeks pregnant :pregnant_woman:

My friend has the same story as u and was 20 weeks . She had the surgery to remove it, and a few weeks later she loss her pregnancy. Bit this is not the case all the time

From my understanding ovarian cysts are fairly common. Is that what you’re talking about?

I have a teratoma that wasn’t discovered until the first scan of my last pregnancy. They just kept an eye on it at my scans and were going to remove it if I had to have a repeat c. I 2vbaced though so I still have to have it removed.

Baby is perfectly fine though. I hope that’s the case for you as well. :slight_smile:

Maybe you need to take it easy. Relax, don’t lift anything. Lay down more often. Take care of yourself.

Stay off your feet as much as possible! Try not to worry and stress out. Try to focus on the positive. Praying for you and baby

Just try to relax n take it easy prop ur feet up … Ive helped several women thru the same issue n had the same issue … I had mine may 1st…most thing dont panic… Stay hydrated n rest …

Yep happened to me, and my 8 year old is fine and healthy, then and now!

My cyst was bigger than my daughter at some point but everything was fine at time I had a c section (not because of the cyst)and they were going to remove the cyst but once she came there was nothing there but a healthy baby girl

I had hematomas with 3 of mine that led to threatened miscarriages. Dr had me take extra folic acid and I had healthy babies :heart:

I had a uterus cyst that got smaller on its own throughout my pregnancy. I did not have any bleeding, though. I did however just deliver a healthy baby boy at 37 weeks :blue_heart:

This happened to my sister also early in her pregnancy from
A cyst on her uterus. Everything was fine and she is due any day.

Get some bed rest and keep stress to a very minimum, this happened with my daughter and she had a healthy delivery, 8lbs 3oz and 21.5inches long :slight_smile:

I had bleeding with all my pregnancies, actually had which seemed like a period for first three months of each pregnancy ( I had 5 live births ) Each baby was early, first one was 7 mos at 3 lbs second one was 8 mos at 5 lbs 9oz third one was 7 mos at 3lbs fourth was almost 8months at 6lbs 11 oz fifth one was at 28 weeks gestation barely 6 mos at 2 lbs…Happy to say all five are healthy and well!!!
Best advice put ya feet up and relax and dont stress!!! Stress will not help…

Go to hospital. I bleed with both of mine and had to have rogame ( spelt wrong) shot bc my body was rejecting the baby

I ended up with heavy bleeding with two of my pregnancies, just take it easy for a few days you will be fine

It is ok sweetie :slight_smile: My ex threw me down on a concrete patio when I was 8 weeks pregnant and we were both fine. Good luck to you and congrats on being a mommy. It is the greatest thing I ever did. I am now a Grandmother

I had a HUGE cyst on my uterus. They grow as your baby grows due to the hormones during pregnancy. I started having full labor pains and excruciating pain from about five months until I delivered. But my daughter was born healthy with no issues and I went almost full term—my doctor decided I shouldn’t go full term due to my age. Everything will be fine.

Had bleeding all 3 times with my 2nd had to go on complete bed rest at 24 weeks. 4 years later I was pregnant with twin girls and delivered them at 28 weeks. Just take it easy you might be able to carry it long enough

Ive Cyst too but I’ve been told it won’t bother pregnancy… Mine was enlarged too! Just had a baby girl last month. Stay on bedrest. Heading pads and baths!

Yes girl I had hemorrhaging with 2 pregnancies and one I had a cyst and went on to deliver fine and cyst resolved on its own. Be careful especially during sex lol

I was spot bleeding with my daughter around the same amount of weeks you are. They wanted me on bed rest pretty much my whole pregnancy…I could not…I had to work to pay my bills as I was the only one to pay them. I had preeclampsia, delivered her 4 weeks early, she turned blue twice after she was born & she is now a healthy 9, 10 next month year old. If they say everything is fine & normal right now, don’t stress yourself out unless there is something to stress about, it is not good for you or your baby.

I bled straight into the third trimester with both of my babies. :woman_shrugging: both my babies are great.

These best thing you can do is rest and eat well and drink water. Take your prenatal and DONT STRESS. Just tell yourself whatever is meant to happen WILL happen. Keeping your stress levels low is very important.

My first child . but she came out preemie. Lots of bed rest and stay around cool area

I had bleeding and threatened miscarriages with both my pregnancies. Those babies are 16 and 13 now. Take it easy and stay off your feet and drink lots of water.

My oldest daughter started bleeding heavily during her 2nd pregnancy…the on said she miscarried a twin…but Aria( my granddaughter)was born perfect.

Don’t panic. You’d be so surprised at what our bodies can do! The baby will take what it needs! Keep up your hydration and nutrition!

I have an almost 1 yr old and a 4 year old and had cists with both of them.

I had a cyst as well. It ruptured in my 6th month of pregnancy. I had to get checked to make sure the baby could be born vaginally. Everything was fine and had a normal birth. Good luck sweety.

Go to the hospital and make everything is ok. Dontmake that decision on your own.

I had a lot of bleeding during my pregnancy doctor said I had low potassium but baby was fine. I even had gestational diabetics had normal vaginal delivery Just keep on taking you’re vitamins and don’t do anything stressful. When I stop working bleedings stops

I bled with all four of mine for 4-5 months. I also had cysts. I had a cyst removed while 7 months pregnant from my birth canal. Not a pleasant experience, but everything was fine with baby.

Take it easy no lifting but during my first I bleed for two months as if I was having my period

Im almost 21 weeks, and been bleeding since 17 weeks … I found out its because i have a low lying placenta …

Happened to me with my third. I had 2 cysts around the sac and I was bleeding pretty bad. They said 1 is normal… 2 is a concern because if they grow they can detach the sac and I’ll miscarry. Sent me home with instructions on what to do WHEN I miscarry. The doctor said she was sorry. The nurse told me not to cry that miracles do happen. Bled heavily some more for about 10 days and went to my then obgyn to see if I passed everything and he told my my baby was perfectly fine. And the cysts were gone. Sometimes the heavy bleeding is the cysts passing. Shes 14 months old now.

I got it with both my sons, for my oldest son I bled on and off for a few weeks, rest as much as you can and drink lots of water, try not to lift anything heavy

I was four months pregnant, same thing happened to me. I had it for 3 days as long as you don’t get contractions

I am expecting with my second child now. I did not experience any bleeding with my first and with this one I started bleeding around week 7. I also spotted at first and it grew heavier. I was placed on bed rest and told I was at risk of miscarriage. Eventually they let me off with light duty tasks. This continued for several weeks. Baby is doing fine now and the bleeding stopped, but I understand your concern and frustration without answers. Just take it easy for a bit. They later explained it as passing tissue rather than it disolving like most do.

This pregnancy i had a cyst and it was gone with 20 weeks… at first it was last time i saw it i was 11 weeks with 20 weeks it was totally gone… now i am 37 weeks and i want to deliver this baby :joy:

Found out had cyst at 11 weeks, had a little pain but a couple weeks later the cyst was gone. Good luck and try not to stress Mama. Hugs!!

I delivered a healthy baby girl at 33 weeks after i went threw a hemmorage

1 Like

I also had bleeding with this pregnancy I’m now 34 weeks. If baby is fine I would drink lots and rest …

Why isn’t the best advice here to see her doc and not wait on Facebook strangers to advise?

Have the Dr check your progesterone levels. I had bleeding early in the pregnancy and it was low progesterone levels!

My mom had this and had eldest sister. She had periods of bleeding. After my sister was born, the cyst came out with her.

I had 2 cyst and had 2 kids fine, no bleeding until they was born

I bled really bad with both my kids and they both were born healthy and happy :blush:

:pray::pray::pray: don’t be lifting heavy items! Get rest. My daughter said she bleed every month & delivered a healthy baby boy!

I know someone who had a cyst.She became pregnant and delivered normally.The baby is now almost 15 months

Yep I had a large cyst and a hematoma and had no problems x

I had a bad bladder infection & was bleeding. Was the blood coming from vaginal hole?

I had that happen, I made it to 39 weeks. My youngest daughter is now a happy and healthy 1 year old.
Don’t stress and rest when you can

I read told I had a cyst in my uterus and I delivered 2 twins with no issues. Carried to full term. Try to take it easy. I know what you are feeling right now. I was told I had a miscarriage and when I went in for the D&C they did another ultrasound to be sure and I had 2 beautiful babies perfectly healthy. Lots of rest and fluids. Try to to worry, I know that sounds impossible right now, but do some crosswords, don’t do anything stressful, especially don’t read the news right now.

You could actually having a period as well. I did.

I did this with my 2 child if you have o- blood you have to have a rogain (spelling) shot then you will have to have another one after birth

You are going to be ok. If you were not worried there would b an issue

Ob asap. And if you start having pain in the abdomen er

I’m confused, is she 20 or 8 weeks pregnant??

I had bleeding with my 2nd baby, did research and found out information my dr.s didnt know. Alone vera juice increases bloodflow to the uterus and while it helped with heartburn and nausea it could have caused a miscarriage had I kept drinking it. I was told to also no longer lift more than 20 pounds, telling my 2 year old I can only hold him if I’m sitting was soooooo hard!

Stay in bed with legs propped up. Do as little as possible. Tell you obgyn asap

So you have 2 different pregnancy weeks is it 8 or 20. So is it a cyst or threatened miscarriage?

It may shrink with the hormones. Mine did

Eat bananas and keep feet higher than your head as much as possible

Are you twenty weeks or eight weeks?

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but rest and take good care of yourself.

See your reg doc take it easy rest take care of yourself!:cherry_blossom:

Good luck keep calm because that will upset the baby

Turn it over to God. Don’t stress about it. Be careful and you’ll be fine.

I had a threatened miscarriage with both of my sons my younger son was by far the worst I was at work and lost over a pint of blood very quickly I work in health care and our nurse on staff called 911 as a possible miscarriage I was devastated because I thought I lost my baby when the doctor did an ultrasound and I heard his heartbeat I completely broke down hysterically crying the doctors had no explanation for the volume of blood that I lost or the size of the clots that was coming out of me yet I was still pregnant. My son is 7 months old right now and is starting to crawl and sits up on his own I ran I to one of the paramedics that helped me that day and he was completely blown away that I still went to term and gave birth to a healthy baby boy 7 pound 6 ounces and 20" at 38 weeks I was 12 weeks 6 days pregnant at the time that this occured. My nurse boss and myself have all thought that maybe my son was a twin and only one baby showed on my ultrasound at 8 weeks and what I lost was the twin. Again I was never given any explanation for what happened or how I was still pregnant after loosing so much the closest thing I was ever told was that sometimes the placenta sits on the cervix and can cause bleeding and that the midwife had never heard of anyone loosing that much and still not only still be pregnant but go to term and birth a healthy baby

Relax as much as possible as much bed rest as possible. Please take it very easy on yourself.

Yes, you can develop a problem and can have a worry of misscarrage. I did. And I had a healthy baby boy 7 months later! Relax momma, take it easy a little bit! You’ll be okay :ok_hand: :pregnant_woman::breast_feeding:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing::kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::yum::heart::hugs::pray:t2::purple_heart::rabbit2:

I had a threatened miscarriage shes 2 and perfect now

Go to the doctor or hospital

I would go back if you’re concerned!

Rest !!! And see your obgyn.

See your OB. Will be praying for you!

Just take it easy on yourself and you should do fine

Go to another clinic to get a second opinion … and get some serious bedrest

Dont worry until the doctor says to

Complete bed rest for at least a week. No heavy lifting .