I am a father needing words of encouragement

Communication is the key , have a talk with your wife about your feelings , what is causing them and try to find solutions together , life is absolutely not easy and we all have our moments when we feel that we can’t do it anymore, but this kind of feeling can go away if you focus on all the good stuffs you have .
Try to have some time to yourself, work on your garage , go get a drink with a friend , maybe try to join a gym or a sport you like .
And always remember a marriage is a work for two , and love is NOT ENOUGH for succeeding.

3 Likes

Praying for you ABBA I am standing on your promises that you can pour into use anything we lack if we ask believing it’s already done. So ABBA send your people to Love on this man to fill his Love tank to over flow for by your amazing grace we lack nothing we have all that we need refresh his Spirt Lord change his prospective and Bless his 5 and 2 in Jesus holy name amen :pray::latin_cross:

2 Likes

See a doctor. You might need some help that way. Good luck

1 Like

Oh I so hear you! it’s not a lack of love at all! I would suggest a Drs visit and some time out. Even if only and evening and maybe one evening out with your wife. It can be very draining, if not support in place.

Maybe you should do something special for yourself. Find a hobby and find some time to yourself. And pray on it . We all need to put ourselves first sometimes. That ok.
Talk to your wife about what’s going on and the way you are feeling. Speak with a therapist. You got this!

1 Like

I really encourage you to find a men’s group from a church. You need some support from men your own age who can give positive advice & encouragement. Prayers for you and your family.

4 Likes

It’s always darkest befor the dawn mate chin up and just do your best and that will be good enough :heart:

1 Like

Individual therapy as well as couples counselling, well help both of you communicate more effectively as well as feeling heard, and help you find solutions to the things that are overwhelming you. You got this, :heart::heart::heart:

We all get like that from time to time. Could you organise a date night or work out with your wife to get an afternoon off? Go fishing or catch up with mates. Life is exhausting, work, children …. And the extra stuff. You are doing great.

You need a break. All parents need a break. Dads included. Get some of your guy friends together and go on a dad-cation for a weekend. Go out and watch a movie with your wife. No kids talk. Go hang out and watch sports. Whatever you have to do, do it.

You asking for this is already saying so much as a husband and father. Talk to your wife about your feelings suggest therapy if you guys need a little extra help to see what may be causing these feelings and they can definitely help with solutions!! You soooo got this ! Life isn’t supposed to be easy but there are some
Extra large bumps in the road we need some assistance on sometimes!! You got this !!!

1 Like

It sounds like you may be feeling like your not appreciated. Could you be suffering depression? Try to communicate with your wife and let her know how you feel, and see if she’s willing to change things.
If not, you can’t continue to drain yourself. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

You got this. God never said life was easy. But stay strong for your family. Pray and ask God for strength. My husband is the bread winner and he does everything for myself and our 3 teenage girls. He struggles at work and I know he does, but I try and let him know how thankful we are. Can she help you out any? Try talking with the wifey. Sometimes explaining things helps. In the mean time, know that what you are doing is a good thing. Bc alot of dads would bail out.

Remember it’s important to take care of yourself too! To properly take care of your family, you have to take care of yourself. Take a break, find something you love to do as a release, or even talk to a therapist if you think it may be helpful.

Your sacrifice will pay off. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or the day after. But trust and believe that eventually it will and you will be proud, and more importantly, at peace. :purple_heart::pray:t3:

You’ve got this, one day at a time.i was a single mother of 4 & when I thought about all these lil lives depending on me., I would get completely overwhelmed…try to focus on the good in your life, the beautiful family that you keep the band around,hence hus(band), be proud of yourself and step by step you will make it. :heart:

Take care of yourself mate … YOU MATTER.