I am concerned with my husbands work relationship: Advice?

Mine SO got a partner at his work that he speaks very highly of. She is young and beautiful, and they have a really good work bond. I didn’t think anything of it at first because he has a lot of friends from work, but recently he just stopped talking about her, when he would always tell me what happened at work (good/bad) and he spoke about her more often than not. The last few things that he said was how he had called up some of his friends (whom I have never met) and had them come and hang her name sign up to surprise her before she came into work. He has never done anything like that for me. I’ll be lucky to get a card, and we never go out together, and I always tell him how I want to go out together. He even found a babysitter but never calls or texts them to see if they can watch the kids for a couple of hours. And then the other day he told me about his plans to go back to school to get his MS degree and him and his partner (the woman he surprised) were going to start up their own business and make a ton of money, and then he told me “and then we can get you some weight loss pills and you can get your boobs done”??? This made my heart beat so fast. He has been staying late at work; he texts her even while they are at work together, he making future dreams with her and even calling friends to get a surprise together for her. I feel so unappreciated, and it is making me feel that he has lost that “fun” with me and IDK how to get it back. He even got a promotion to work with someone else who is highly respectable, and he turned it down because “he couldn’t abandon her like that”.

210 Likes

that would be a deal breaker for me. Bye bye, funny thing though, she probably isn’t even into him, will never reciprocate his affection, and he’ll have lost what matters. But I’d see to it, he loses it. And when he comes crawling back like the snake he is? LOL, nope

11 Likes

Ya extremely suspicious I would look more into this

3 Likes

Babe. I hate to say this but ya man if he ain’t already cheating, he might be considering it. I’d pack my shit and leave. Cause that’s ridiculous

This stinks to high heaven girl. Trust your gut. If he has a laptop at home install some keylogging software and start investigating. Stay low key and don’t make accusations you can’t prove. To stealth mode. I definitely smell some shady :poop:

10 Likes

He is having an affair with her

6 Likes

Nope! No way! Not happening.

Yeah sorry but all of this points to cheating and I would be done. He has no respect for you at all

2 Likes

Throw him in the bin!!!

5 Likes

Have you talked to him?

4 Likes

I say he’s already having an affair or he’s interested in an affair with this woman.

7 Likes

Weight loss and a boob job! Hes playing up, show him the door.

1 Like

I couldn’t deal with that.

Run girl, run!

2 Likes

See what you need to do is start going threw his stuff get some screenshots evidence he’s been messing around then start pileing that up and Start popping up at random at his job Suprise lunch, cute little notes with and stuff for y’all too and watch that bitches face see if she’s going to act pissy that will tell you for sure he’s making it seem like y’all ain’t together and then if I was you I’d start making sure my man knows if he cheats exactly what he’s loosing wear sexy lingerie maybe get a blow out and fullface find a sitter and have an all night sexathon

He’s definitely in love with her

6 Likes

Besides her what he said to you is not okay! I agree with Polly I hope she just being nice and he taking it to the head…only be funny if u walk away to.

3 Likes

He is having an affair with her leave

1 Like

Girl. Im sorry but wow. Id be out of that relationship SO QUICK

1 Like

Nope, i would walk away

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Honey. He’s not gonna be the man you want him to be. To me he found something new and shiny. Not saying you aren’t beautiful because you are. You deserve so much more and better. Don’t settle for this BOY find you a man who does this to you from day 1

2 Likes

Completely inappropriate behavior on his part.

1 Like

He has a whole ass girlfriend.

He at the very least has a major crush on her… .sounds like she might be playing with him… but the weight loss pills and boob job comment… deal breaker. Roll on.

5 Likes

Oh hell no my husband ever saif that to me he would be laying flat on the ground. And treating another women like that but not his own wife? Nope. Not even.

3 Likes

id say youve let it go on long enough lol time to freak tf out or youre gonna get your feelings hurt

3 Likes

Demand the TRUTH when you talk to him. Been there forgave him one too many times. Give him one chance. If you can still trust him and love him.

U have a problem HIM

Oh man. Lots of red flags there… I’d do some major undercover investigating and if ur right about the affair, get everything lined up BEFORE confronting him. Stay one step ahead. If it’s not an affair, I’d take him to counseling… suggesting u lose weight and get fake boobs is totally uncool. And so is making u feel invisible. Good luck mama!

12 Likes

I’ve learned to just trust my feeling. My SO started messing around a while back and I had zero reason to question him but I just felt off… But I was right and each time we’ve had issues I’ve been dead right about what was going on​:unamused::sob: so trust yourself. Confront him if you feel you need to but I’ve learned that actually yeilds little useful results.

3 Likes

Ill come kick his ass for you!! Girl i may be only 19 but ive had my fair share and thats bullshit! You deserve so much more than that! I was in a similar situation and i kicked his ass right to the door found out later that he had been cheating on me for months! Dont let some scumbag treat you like that.

Oh no baby girl, break that relationship up ASAP. It’s not just work, I repeat… ITS NOT JUST WORK.

5 Likes

Here’s a novel idea. Have a conversation with him and share your hurt feelings and concerns, and don’t let him dismiss you. Go read his texts with her. Right now you have no solid evidence he’s having an affair or done anything inappropriate… despite what all these lonely people say, lol. If you’re uncomfortable, make him understand. If he won’t, then you’ve got a problem, regardless of his fidelity.

4 Likes

F that shit would on

Hes in love with her

1 Like

Can do his texts say? :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Sounds like he is in love with her.

4 Likes

Girl, you already know. That’s a HUGE red flag. I’d surprise him with divorce papers after all that… Then I might get my boobs done just to spite him. Best of luck to you

4 Likes

I just don’t see a man being stupid enough to tell you all this about a mistress. If anything he wouldn’t tell you anything about this person

2 Likes

What the heck? End that marriage fast.

3 Likes

Lawyer up. From what you are saying it sounds like he’s messing around. Been there myself.

1 Like

I’m so sorry I don’t wish this type of hurt on no one!! But please don’t let this consume you… Like the others have shared he’s having an affair… They want you to break and that’s their easy way out!!! To justify his guilt which is only short lived!!! Stand strong build you a new life even when you cry at night!!! You will be the winner!!

2 Likes

Hell nooo you need to stick up for yourself. He’s into her even though she’s probably not into him.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of red flags. Sorry, but sounds like he’s not being loyal to you. :confused:

3 Likes

I would go straight to the problem girl at work have a conversation, embarrass the H. Out of him then see what happens, can’t be worse than it is now. Then you will be able to move on …

5 Likes

I’d demand some answers from him. Cause all of that is not right

1 Like

Aside from the weight loss/boob job comment if his partner had a penis would any of this bother you?
Personally if my family ever get financially stable enough I would 100% be getting a breast lift and personal trainer, my husband and I joke back and forth about things like this all the time but if it was not something you’ve expressed desire in or was said in a mean manner definitely bring it up to HIM not Facebook

When he puts her before his family by turning down a better position to stay beside her I’d be angry also and asking questions …

5 Likes

He definitely has feeling for her, if not in love with this woman. You need to sit him down and have a real conversation with him. But I wouldn’t make him choose, I would be gone. You deserve someone that will treat you better than that.

1 Like

Been there. Done that. It doesn’t end well.

1 Like

It’s possible they really are just friends.

3 Likes

Tell him how you feel, then, when he tells you that it’s nothing, ask to see his phone. If he won’t give it to you, I’d be done. I would also check your phone records for texts to and from her number, if there are any texts that show up on your bill, but not his phone, he’s 100% guilty, whether something has happened, yet, or not. Good luck.

3 Likes

Yea that’s whole lot of nope from me.

I don’t tell my husband what to do but if he started doing shit like this minimally I’d have to reevaluate things​:100::woman_shrugging: Even if he’s not having any kind of sexual relationship with her he’s having an emotional 1 and for me at least, that’s much worse! I’d rather sex than that, but that’s just me personally.

I just read this to my husband and he even said they are having an affair and that’s a guys perspective.

3 Likes

Nope, trust your gut girl. Even if it’s not physical yet, he definitely seems to have a crush. I’m sure he told you at first to feel like he was being “honest”, but it’s only downhill from there.

10 Likes

First off… Tell me I need weightloss pills and a boob job and end up sleeping on the curb. That shit’s not ok. A conversation needs to be had with him. Hell, i would even reach put to her and be setting some boundaries.

Call the other woman…you will get more out of her than him…

3 Likes

Don’t assume anything. Just ask him straight. U will know from his reaction

2 Likes

I would be very upset! You have every right to be! Him even mentioning your need to lose weight…I would be LIVID! I’d have a long talk with him, and her. What he is doing is NOT OK!

1 Like

You already know the answer.

5 Likes

Oh hellllllll no. Sounds like he’s cheating.

3 Likes

It really could be either way. If you go asking questions, make sure you are ready for the answers. If it’s not what it seems, you could end up pushing him away. I’m really awkward and only relate to a very small amount of people I work with if any.

3 Likes

You two probably need to sit down and have a discussion. Or maybe write a letter out to him so you can keep your tone healthy. And then he had time to process and respond appropriately. But yeah. You guys need to talk. And quickly.

2 Likes

Mans point of view: OK personally it is not ok to talk to you like that. What is his age, yes that does make a difference in my answer. Younger generations seem to be ok with having close female friends. I’m 43 and I can tell you that a young woman’s attention is equivalent to heroin. You don’t feel as “sexy” as you did when you are in your 20’s so having a young beautiful girls attention is amazing. Now with that said (here is where the women will get upset) men feel love between there legs. Sorry for this girls but a man feels sexy if you take care of him in the bedroom and make him feel like a stud. Stop wanting him sexually, stop wanting to jump him and stop having sex and he will find it elsewhere. The saying “sex is not the most important thing in a relationship” is true to a POINT. it may not be number one but it definitely is a close 2nd for men. Two things that will kill a marriage Money & Sex also the two things most married couples fight about according to marriage counselors. I don’t know your marriage and for anyone on here to jump on and say “Oh girl he’s cheating” needs to shut up because they don’t know all the details that go on behind closed doors. You might have not had sex with him in years, you might be a bitch, you might be crazy and than again he might be a prick, he might verbally abuse you all the time…These things we don’t know. Now only you can know how your marriage is going but would I be suspicious OF COURSE I would. It is very inappropriate how he is talking and acting. But I can tell you this if the marriage is good, sex is great, wife is loving men don’t just cheat out of no where. before women yell I know it has happened and those guys are assholes I’m talking about good men not pricks. So if all those things in your marriage are on point than it is possible he is just really good friends with her. If not than yes, there is a good chance he is working late on her not work…

Sadly the writing is on the wall. Turning down a promotion to stay with her says it all. I’d give him a dose of the same medicine and be complacent right back.

5 Likes

A work relationship to that extent is not normal

7 Likes

You ought to know without asking. CHEATING BIG TIME.

2 Likes

Yep that’s his work wife and it’s only going to escalate

4 Likes

Thats not normal and you need to address it NOW. He may be cheating on you. Making future business plans without first discussing it with you? His wife? Ummm no. My man would not even dare.

He’s cheating. I’d go to his job unannounced & see what you can find. I’m not the healthiest person obviously but I’d just make it seem like you wanted to surprise him with lunch or something! I’m sorry babe I know that’s tough.

4 Likes

If they were already having an affair he probably wouldn’t be trying so hard with her. But he clearly has a crush on her. Time for a big conversation before it gets out of hand. Discussions about future, business etc should be had with you.

2 Likes

Let me start with I am in an office full of men- I’m the only woman. Most of these men have significant others, however my boss calls me work wife when talking to the other guys about me. (Ex- go ask work wife if she can print those documents or something along those lines). I bring them leftover food, fresh baked goods, we all go to lunch together, we grab beers after work, and we have group texts with inside jokes. We also work late some nights. In return they hang shelving for me or basically do any heavy lifting I ask of them.
I am not sleeping with (nor am I interested in) ANY of these men. I just happen to be a female who’s “one of the guys”.

With all that being said, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt until the weight loss/boob job comments. That’s such a red flag for me.

8 Likes

Time to say “bye Felicia”

What an asshole, sorry tell him how it makes you feel.

He might not be physically cheating…but this definitely sounds like an emotional affair. Let him know you’re jealous of his relationship with this woman, and see if you all can work on getting the spark back between the two of you.

4 Likes

Normally I wouldn’t want to jump to conclusions but at the very least he has no respect for you but chances are its more than that. It really does sound like he is having an affair and getting ready to build a life with her. Or she is just using him to start that life if she is really young. You need to get to the bottom of it either way. Always trust your gut.

Sit down and have a talk with him about how you feel. Be completely honest and ask about he’s feeling and ask him to be completely honest with you about it. Be prepared that having this conversation can hurt but, at least you know where you stand.

Surprise pop up at his job

4 Likes

Invite her over to dinner.

8 Likes

Sod him off and quick . Do you think he would stand you being that close to a male friend ? Get rid and enjoy your life , he’s a disgrace .

3 Likes

Threaten him with divorce and see his response if he doesn’t care-u already know he’s emotionally checked out

So this is what I would do… Because you seem really vulnerable right now and it’s hurting my heart for you… Don’t say anything and quietly pull yourself together. Go to the gym and get a job and get your hair and nails done. But do not talk about it to him. Don’t tell him your plans and how you feel. Don’t ask him how you look. Just do it. Just completely change to everything but whatever you do don’t talk about it at all. It will seem needy, clingy, and manipulative and desperate to him if you talk about it. And what’s going to slowly happen is your self esteem is gonna build up and your gonna feel really good about yourself… And he is either gonna notice a difference and want you or he isn’t… But at least if he doesn’t you will already be healed some and you will look good and feel good and it will be easier for you to move on. If you do anything right now while your so vulnerable it’s gonna be sloppy and painful and embarrassing. Love yourself first! Don’t confront that man! It’s obvious from his behavior that he has already made up his mind and he isn’t going to choose you right now baby girl. So if you really want him you gotta get yourself pulled together first then confront him and be ready to move on if he doesn’t change his tune! You want to be so pulled together that your like you can either change jobs or leave and if he leaves you can smile as you push him out the door.

45 Likes

This smells like you should call and do Ryan’s Rose’s, they sniff out a cheat

1 Like

He’s not any good get rid of him

1 Like

IF he’s not cheating now, it won’t be long before he is. You need to nip this now before it gets to the point of no return. Sit his ass down and have a come to Jesus. I don’t know if my husband and I just have a weird relationship, but if mine came home telling me this shit I’d lose it on him. Have you Facebook stalked her yet to see if she’s single and straight? If she’s both, he would be getting an ultimatum.

Contact HR about their relationship.

1 Like

First step is talking to him about how you feel at this point dont accuse him of cheating just say how hes treating her makes you feel how what hes said about diet pills ect made you feel and how doing stuff for her but not you made you feel ect

Tell him how putting her above your family reg the promotion was hurtful

See how he reacts to all of that , that will be an indication of whether he has cheated or intends to.

3 Likes

Get you weight loss pills and a boob job??? No. Leave that loser.

6 Likes

Hire a private investigator to get proof then take that to his HR and have their partnership terminated. And they will both be black balled

7 Likes

have you read their messages? invite her over for dinner… since he speaks so highly of her, tell him you want to meet this woman. surprise him at work, make yourself known. but honey if you think something is going on, something is probably going on. sounds like the sudden convos about her have stopped because he probably crossed a line recently-aka-slept with her. i’m sorry :neutral_face:

13 Likes

I agree with surprise pop up ar work. But I would do it when you have a sitter he doesnt know about and lookin fine as wine. Lol and I would do what’s also above and do things for yourself since he wont go out with you go to the gym (if you want) pamper yourself get nails and hair done.

6 Likes

Talking from experience… i worked closely with my manager and our good work relationship turned into a full blown affair! Keep your guard up girl!

4 Likes

If he’s not cheating on you with her already he’s thinking about doing it and he’s preparing the work or he’s thinking of leaving you for her when all of his plans come true with her you’re just a means to an end it sounds like.

3 Likes

Lots of red flags. Also ask him. And if he denies it then I’d politely ask if he could hand over his phone so that youd feel more secure about things. From what I’ve read, just the comments about your appearance would make me sick

7 Likes

Id sit down and have a conversation about it with him, dont accuse him of anything just stay very calm. And tell him what is making you uncomfortable about their friendship. And bring up the diet pills and the boob job and let him know it made you feel poorly about yourself. And if he doesnt change the way hes acting with said woman, then you have all rights to leave,accuse,confront him of whatever it is thats running through your mind. Men and women friendships can sometimes seem as if they are some thing more and a big majority of the time they are but, sometimes its simply just a close friendship and that is perfectly okay. Know your worth and know you are an amazing woman. And if he is stepping out of your guys marriage know that you are strong and beautiful. And nobody should ever make you feel as if your worth is less than what it really is💗

5 Likes

Quietly gather proof of his infidelity and boom there you go alimony$$$$$ and sue her too for the alienation of affection of your husband
This action is brought by the spouse to the person responsible for damaging a marriage that ended in divorce.:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: I actually know somebody that this happened to

6 Likes

Red flags everywhere

3 Likes

He’s not worth the heartache sweetheart don’t give him the satisfaction of knowing you’re jealous! Start going out with your friends then you can also start losing weight you don’t need to lose weight to go out, lose it to make you feel good and confident then you lose the man who doesn’t deserve you no matter what

2 Likes

Blind much? Sounds like it’s more of a “love/lust” thing than a work thing. Say so long.

Yeah… sounds shady

3 Likes