I am early in my pregnancy and bled after sex: Advice?

You possibly could be experiencing placenta previa. I did with my first two pregnancies. I stopped bleeding close to 5 months. Babies where born fine.

1 Like

As long as it stopped.if miscarriage heres alot of blood.and clots.i think your ok.just relax.take it easy.

Dont worry. Happened to me with my first pregnancy. I was like 8wks. It was more blood though. The pregnancy went full term.

I bled with 2/4 of my pregnancies and had 4 healthy children. Especially after sex

I didn’t bleed regularly, but I did have some sort of episode where I bled very heavily. Went to the hospital and my little guy was strong and healthy. I was told that happens with some women. I had no cramps or any other signs of miscarriage.

I bled at 10weeks scared the crap outta me. Dr said it was from my placenta attaching to the uterine wall what usually happens anywhere from six to 10 weeks but better safe than sorry ask ur dr just in case everyone and every pregnancy is different

Probably placenta previa I had it. Same thing happened to me. Husband and I were having sex. I started to bleed during sex. Doctors just told me to refrain from all sexual activity. Not just intercourse but anything also that could lead to orgasm.They pushed my appointment sooner.I had only a partial placenta previa. It corrected itself after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Sometimes if it doesn’t correct itself by the time your full term they will do a c section.

I had a friable cervix withh all of my kids. It’s caused by the penis rubbing on your cervix and a few blood vessels bruising. Unless you are having cramping it is not a miscarriage.

I did the same way with my second two but not the first…go be checked of course but it is normal for some people to have this occur … it is simply due to capillaries that are now closer to the surface bursting.

They say it’s normal because of your uterus expanding and increased blood flow to your uterus for the baby’s circulatory and heart. I would definitely still consult a physician

i did. my doctor said it can happen sometimes. but i was told to not have sex anymore through the pregnancy. i was also a little farther along when it happened. it really scared me too but everything was fine. just get checked out by your doctor and try not to stress.

I had the same issue, and I’m now 26 weeks today and both him (the baby) and I are healthy. My doctor said it could be implantation bleeding, but he also told me no intercourse for 2 weeks anytime I start to bleed and if I bleed and it stopped or slowed down in 24 hours then I was most likely fine. If it remained heavier bright red and sorta thick with stomach cramping to go get seen

1 Like

Its a girl. Even in the womb they bleed lbvs try being on top you control the pressure and shit

if you’re that worried about refrain from sex till you have the baby

Worked for OB for 6yrs… spotting and bleeding is normal after Intercourse, the cervix is more friable which means there more blood flow to the cervix and it’s easily irritated so anything like intercourse or a pelvic exam can cause that… as long as you’re not bleeding through 1 pad or more an hour you should be fine.
I’m not a dr and I’m not giving medical advice, just sharing some knowledge… :relaxed: of course if it concerns you double check with dr again. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Well I’ve never been pregnant ever I’m 53 now but after hubby and I had sex I noticed blood to and I went to the doctor and found out that I had two sists on my cervix and also blood sugar diabetic I took the two pills they made me take when I ran out while I was in texas I was spotting blood and I havent had a period in 11 years since i lost my only baby sister since I’ve been home and not taking them stupid pills no spotting i feel great fixing to have my 54th birthday next month so ask your doctor to check that

some times the walls are thin it could happen

I had early bleeding doctor restricted sex until after 14 weeks. I am now 24

Could have been plantation bleeding activated by the deed

Why do you call it a deed

Not due to sex, but due to SEVERE stress. At 11 weeks with #4 I spotted. I panicked and went to the er bc I was sure I was having a miscarriage. This is her now❤

1 Like

At exactly 11 weeks with both my pregnancies I GUSHED blood. Like uncontrollable bleeding. I was sure I was miscarrying. The first pregnancy it was right after sex, the second I was just standing in my kitchen. Turns out, it’s just something my body does at that 11 week mark :woman_shrugging:t4: Every pregnancy is different. Try not to fret, our bodies are pretty wacky during pregnancy.

1 Like

Happened to me! I was about 18 weeks. I went to the ER because it was a lot of blood. More than a period. They said it was normal but if you’re feeling nervous I’d go get checked. Calm your nerves but I’m sure it’ll be okay💕

As long as you don’t have cramping I wouldn’t worry to much. I’ve had 3 miscarriages all with cramping and bleeding. Currently pregnant with my rainbow baby and at 11 weeks I started spotting but no cramps. I was legit waiting g for me to start cramping and getting worse but it never did. I’m currently 21 weeks and so far so good. I’ll pray and send sticky baby dust your way!

3 Likes

Yes it was before i knew i was pregnant but i had to have been 6 or 7 weeks when i bled i thought it was my period. Nope just bleeding it was like a light period my son is now just under 3 months old.

Yes same thing happened to me but unfortunately I miscarried :cry:. Go to the hospital and get checked. I don’t want the same thing to happen to you

1 Like

I bled through my whole first trimester with my second.

It happened to me when I was pregnant with my first daughter. I was told it happens from having “rough” sex. And to take it easy lol

Its really normal. Happened in all of my pregnancies. Unless there’s severe cramping and bleeding, things are likely fine. Not much can be checked at 7 weeks so try to hang in there a few more weeks.

I bled all way through with my first. Then not at all with my second. Both 2 healthy boys :heart:

Completely normal! No need to worry unless enough for a pad or with cramping :relaxed:

I did that my whole first trimester. But everything turned out fine.

I always spotted till 10 wks. But everyone’s different

Happened to me at 10 weeks!

It happened to me and my SO too girl. Let me tell you, the way the doc explained it, was horrible but completely normal. It happens due to irritation on the cervix. We had a healthy baby boy 7 months later. If your worried, get checked. But don’t stress yourself out

Same happened to me and I was high risk put on bed rest my 2nd pregnancy. Bed rest isn’t fun but it’s worth it not to lose your baby.

Be careful and no sex. Put a pad on and check yourself in a few hours to see if you’ve stopped bleeding. Just try and relax, if you want to be safe, go to the emergency room and let them check you out.

I did with first 1 and also had a monthly for the first 4 months of pregnancy I was so shocked when I had missed and I was in school and working on a farm ranch type thing so i had been lifting hay bales and all kinds of barn work and had no idea so when i found out i was like 15 weeks also didnt gain weight until 7th month

Yes go to the doctor

Go to the hospital just for precaution . Worry and stress can make you have a miscarriage.

Happened to me toward end of my pregnancy but doctor said it’s normal and that sex actually will put women into labor close to the due date I was one week away and it did put me into labor lol

As long as there’s no cramping with it or lower back pain it can be normal… Also be aware of a fever and feeling dizzy as those are symptoms if miscarriage as well. Take in to account the color of the blood and the amount you’re bleeding. If its dark red its worrisome.

I had a water infection in my early stages of pregnancy and sex had aggravated it. Bleeding is the only symptom of a water infection when your pregnant so I would go to the doctor in case you need any antibiotics. I got some and it cleared straight up and my little girl is a happy healthy 3 year old x

It happens because your cervix is softening.

Its normal hun having sex can put pressure on the cervix which is super delicate during your pregnancy. I spotted almost everytime my husband and I had sex and our son was born just fine. It scared me too at first but its totally normal :slight_smile: