I am having issues with my childs teacter: Advice?

Stop looking for an excuse for your child’s bad behavior, and deal with it instead. That will likely help with the bad behavior. Kids who have their bad behavior excused by their parents don’t usually do well in society.

6 Likes

I was taught not to touch other kids? I feel like your the parent who makes their kids kiss their family members that they don’t know.

So on that note mind ya business about other peoples kids and work on boundaries with yours. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14558 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper82.pages.dev/

2 Likes

Are you crazy no kids should be touching another student in anyway

4 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14558 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper98.pages.dev/

So your child is being bad and instead of correcting your child’s behavior you wanna nitpick their rules. Make your child behave. No touch is fine and you are just looking for exvuses

3 Likes

Ummm, just tell your kid to keep hands to themselves, that’s what kids should be taught anyway!

1 Like

Keeping your hands to yourself isn’t new. We grew up with the same rule in school and are fine. Plus it’s how they pass around the flu, cold, covid, etc. Better off not touching.

2 Likes

I feel like some of the comments show that the people that made the comments don’t understand. From what I gather this mom is saying that her daughter is being accused of bad behavior but that the teacher doesn’t explain other than saying there is bad behavior and what the situation was when the bad behavior happened. And the mom is wanting to know the entire situation with the other kids did what her daughter did..

I’m going to come at this from a different perspective: I was in second grade and I was singled out by a teacher who decided every year who she would abuse.. Unfortunately my second grade year she decided it was me and nothing I did was right for that teacher and even if I did nothing wrong she still abused me. It was actually my first grade teacher whom I ran crying to trying to get away from my second grade teacher one day who stood and help me while I cried and then called and told my parents that I was being abused by the second grade teacher. So yes if this child has been good being singled out then this mother has every right to question and find out what the other kids are doing and what her kid is doing. Stay on top of this because the trauma of being abused by a teacher and picked on by other children stays with you for a very long time. I’m 52 and I’m still traumatized.

3 Likes

Not being able to touch someone shouldn’t influence social or mental development. Yes, children tend to be hands on, but teaching your child to keep their hands to themselves is a good rule of thumb.

There are school/classroom rules for a reason. If YOUR child did something, your child did something. You don’t need to ask what the other kid was doing. Teach your child to keep their hands to themselves and teach your child to accept responsibility for their actions.

8 Likes

Umm why do you want your child touching other children or other children touching your child? It’s probably more of a “keep your hands to yourself” type of rule.

10 Likes

Learning to keep your hands to yourself is an important lesson that everyone needs to learn while in school. fifth grade is a time when many young ladies start to show the early signs of puberty and young boys have curiosity about that. By not singling out just the few people who they are having issues with, but making it a broad-based rule, they avoid embarrassment on the part of the person being touched and the person doing the touching.
So far as what “other kids” were doing, a child’s education, including their behavior, is FERPA protected, so it isn’t your business other than to know that the rule exists for all kids and it is your responsibility to make sure your child is following the rules.

Regarding your concerns about how this rule will effect them from a mental and social standpoint, the people who were previously being touched will learn that they have bodily autonomy and that it’s okay to not just let someone touch you. The person who was previously doing the touching will learn a valuable lesson about consent and the importance of getting consent prior to touching someone. Both parties will grow up with a healthier understanding of boundaries.

6 Likes

Yeah your kid should keep their hands to yourself

3 Likes

I’m honestly just stuck on the part where there’s an issue with a no touching rule. I’d be more than happy to know a teacher is taking control of that. Doesnt matter who was doing all hands need to be kept to themselves and and Your child isn’t going to be perfect all the time just sit her down and talk to her about what’s going on and why she did what she did. And work on fixing those problems And if it turns out that the teacher is the actual issue ( which is possible from my own personal experience ) take different steps.

4 Likes

Go talk to the principal

3 Likes

I’ve told my own …keep your hands to yourself.

2 Likes

Kids don’t need to be touching each other :roll_eyes:. Your kid isn’t following that rule because it sounds like you think they need to be some sort of exception. Ridiculous. Tell your kid to stop touching people.

6 Likes

What? Lol.
You lost me at the thinking kids need to touch each other. No. All hands should be off of each other. No touching will not hinder their growth or other things whatsoever.

If ever the teacher truly gives you or your child grief over something incredibly silly (and not about their rule of ‘no touching’ being broken) then contact the principal or BOE if things won’t be corrected.

5 Likes

Have a meeting with the teacher and principal and change teachers. I only had to do that with one of my son’s teachers. Mark was in 3rd grade. She called me every day wrote how bad he was in class etc etc. Mark would come home crying wake up crying not to go to school. I knew something was going on with the teacher. I called a meeting,got Mark transferred to another teacher and never ever again in his life he got into trouble at school. He was happy and excited to go to school. Sometimes teacher and student do not click. You know your child. Act accordingly.

Kids get taught in kindergarten that they are supose to keep their hands to themselves…no kids hands belongs on another kids body…teach your child to follow the rules…

1 Like

Learning to keep your hands to yourself is a very important skill.

2 Likes

Keeping your hands to yourself is a day 1 life skill.

If the issue is your kid touching other people when there is a no touching rule in place, the issue is your kid. Period. Kids need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. Not everyone wants to be touched. Unwanted touching is a serious problem so a no touch rule is a good thing.

If the child is getting in trouble for other things then maybe have a discussion with the teacher and principal. I know I’ve had to do this myself and I am not a parent who thinks my kids do no wrong. If they’re in the wrong by all means punish them. However, the two times this was an issue were instances my child was wring but they weren’t the only ones . Case in point, in 3rd grade my now 13 year old cussed a little girl out. That is not his normal behavior. He’s quiet, and polite. So I asked him what happened and he said the little girl had been making fun of him for over a year and he just had enough. I reached out to the teacher because, while I agreed he needed to be punished for his actions, the girl also needed to be dealt with. That was the end of it.
Another instance was the teacher made my child write sentences for “forging” my signature. He did not. It was my signature, she apparently had never seen it before. She refused to apologize to my child publicly, in the same manner she falsely scolded him , so I took it to the principal. Other than that, if my kid gets in trouble he gets in trouble. Period. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Imagine going to work and you have other adults put their hands all over you… um yuck no thanks it’s the same at school tell your child to keep their hands to themselves. It is unnecessary to be touching other people, unless they are outside playing games like tip for example.

1 Like

Support the teacher. Tell your child no touching.

1 Like

My granddaughter started Kindergarten last year. She struggled a little at first with learning to keep her hands to herself. Absolutely, no reason a 5th grader shouldn’t have already learned this behavior.

1 Like

Lmfao. I don’t think kids need to be touching each other. I think most teachers have a rule. I think you’re biased and blinded to your child being an issue lol