I am having issues with my husband taking my car: Advice?

I have a little issue going on with my husband. His truck is still very much drivable, it’s just loud. It would take less than 30 minutes to fix it. Yet he refuses to do so. So for over 2 weeks, he has my car. I can’t leave unless I take his and he bitches, saying it needs it fixed. So he leaves me without my own vehicle. I’m so sick of it. I’ve told him numerous times to fix his. I want my car back. On 5 different occasions, he’s left it on E so when I go to leave, I have to put gas in it. So yesterday, I had his card, I filled my car up and took $100 out. I told him that was for always leaving me on empty and I have to put gas in it before I can go somewhere. I know this is super petty. But I’m highly annoyed. Just pure laziness as to why he won’t fix his. He can still drive it, that’s what I don’t understand. He doesn’t need to drive my car.

228 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am having issues with my husband taking my car: Advice?

Life’s too short to be this upset over your husband using your vehicle.

6 Likes

YouTube how to fix it, fix it yourself and send him a bill for your labor

5 Likes

Grab a spanner & head out to his car, tell him if he ain’t fixing it then you are… watch how quick he moves :rofl: I would just fix it myself if it was me - but I’m a mechanic… cars/ trucks are really not that complicated & they do very good ‘how to’ videos on YouTube! Problem solved…. :wink:

2 Likes

Life’s too short fix his truck yourself I’m sure he works hard all week be his peace not his pain in the A

9 Likes

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome359.pages.dev/

I would literally just fix it for him while he’s at work or call my dad or someone and ask them to do it while he’s at work then demand my car back :rofl:

3 Likes

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome359.pages.dev/

Next time you have his card and vehicle, instead of taking money out just bring it to get fixed. I’m sure he’ll be super thrilled you spent more on something he could have fixed himself so you still get to be petty, but it also solves the problem for both sides

21 Likes

Stop leaving your keys out for him to take. When he asks where they are tell him to take his own car.

2 Likes

Call a mobile mechanic to come and fix it at your home. Take $50 cash off his card for your efforts. Pay the mobile mechanic with his card. Tell him that he’s a spoilt manbaby and if he doesn’t start behaving like an adult you will take your car and leave. Xo

6 Likes

Lol I would filled my tank to if he left it empty all the time​:laughing: :bangbang:

1 Like

Fixing it yourself or taking it in will likely make him feel a certain type of way…. That’s the only reason you should do it :joy:. Other than that, make sure you’re gone when he needs your car so he’s forced to deal with his.

6 Likes

I’d ensure he doesn’t have keys to it.

6 Likes

Is his car a gad guzzler, and he’s using yours to get to and from work?
Surprise him and fix it for him?
A little petty if you ask me.

1 Like

Take his truck and his card to a fkn mechanic and bring him the fkn receipt

4 Likes

Is he the only one working?

2 Likes

You did the right thing. He needs to fix his vehicle

3 Likes

I’d take his car to get fixed and use his card to pay for it, it fixes the issue but also being petty at the same time lol are you a stay at home wife or do you work? If you’re a stay at home wife it is okay for him to use your car for work only. Tell him that, tell him to work and back and that y’all can run errands together regardless if he’s already in town or not. (It’s what me and my fiancé did when my truck was broken down) also tell him he has to put his gas in it if he uses it as well. Give him a time limit on fixing his truck if it’s a cheap fix, if he passes that time limit hide your keys and tell him he has his own vehicle and to go get it fixed besides spending all your money on other crap he don’t need (if he does).

7 Likes

I’d be super freaking mad.He wouldnt be getting my keys bc I’d hide them.Then again,I’d take his truck and fix it myself,take money off the card ans go treat myself to lunch.

2 Likes

It’s not petty, it’s called consequences

5 Likes

Take your keys and hide them…and you aren’t wrong for or petty for putting gas in it with his card

3 Likes

Next time he leaves you with his car, get his card beforehand and drive over to the repair shop and let them fix it and charge it to his card.
It’s been weeks…
He didn’t fix it and that inconveniences you…
So you being the Good Wonderful Wife that you are, helped him get back into his OWN vehicle…:grinning:
He’ll probably be mad about the cost and such but you get your car back and he’ll have his🤔

13 Likes

Is his name on the car also and who makes the payments, pays the insurance?

2 Likes

I’d be like “I’ll just take you to work cause I need my car” … And all the hassle that entails, with getting everyone ready and loaded up and what not, would be enough motivation for my SO to fix his truck :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Honestly there’s a lot going on here.

1. What exactly is wrong with the truck? You’re saying “it’s just loud” but he’s not driving it and doesn’t want you to drive it.
    It sounds like an issue that if you continue driving it that it could tear the vehicle up. Just because you can drive it as it is doesn’t mean you should drive it as it is.
  2. Are you sure it’s a 30 minute fix? Are you sure it’s a a diy job? I can tell you’ve I’ve seen multiple 30 minute fixes turn into 2+ hours and STILL need a mechanic. It can be a lot. It can cost a lot.
  3. How much is the part? Can you afford it right now? As simple as it may seem doesn’t make it cheap. Our car battery is $300. I’d planned for $150 (cost of my truck battery)… Yeah. Nope. It may need to wait until next payday.
  4. Maybe I’m too “old school” to get this…but… Are you both working? Do y’all have seperate accounts and keep all finances seperate? Is there a shared account? How do y’all share other finances? If you’re sharing finances…then it’s both of y’all’s money either way as far as gas goes.
  5. Is he driving your car to work? Or just driving it out and around while leaving you stuck at home? Those are two vastly different things. It sucks my husband’s driving my truck and I’m stuck at home right but he’s not doing to to be an ass either. He has to work…he has to go to work to work.

Why is this a question? Don’t let him take it… it’s yours.
Why do you think it’s petty that you used his card to put gas in?! He uses your gas so? Don’t give him the keys. It’s that simple. Say no.

8 Likes

Kind of a control issue and he needs to stop. Get his truck fixed, if he won’t do it.

5 Likes

Nect time he leaves you with his card and truck go get it fixed

6 Likes

Ask if he’s going to fix it or if he’s taking it in. If he’s taking it in, call and make an appointment for it to be brought in for him. Tell him your car is yours and since he never replaces the gas, he’s not taking it anymore. So he has to fix his or he’s not going anywhere other than taking a damn bus.

Kinda petty, but I’d leave my keys on my person at all times… Make him beg. Then, I would give them up, fix his vehicle, and drive it all over the land and give it back with an empty tank. He gets burned twice. :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Marriage is a partnership. Thats all I have to say.

3 Likes

Wanting to impress another woman with your nicer car?

2 Likes

We don’t do this. I offer up my car bc our truck is twice as much gas money as my Buick,he uses his truck for materials and tools for big jobs and if it fits in the car it fits and he takes that to balance gas out. You gotta work together. He fills my tank, I only go local with our truck to do errands around my home. Sit down together and voice your concerns, and suggestions if he’s still being timmy then use his truck, don’t stay stuck at home bc you don’t want conflict, do what you gotta do. I’d fix the truck depending on my finances. Might change the whole scenario if you get it fixed. No matter what compromise is needed here. No yelling either, talk to, not up or down. Good luck.

Refuse to give him the keys, until he fixes his own shit

Take his truck and get it fixed

5 Likes

You get the truck fixed.

3 Likes

That’s frustrating! Maybe you guys can come to an agreement and meet in the middle. My husband takes my car to work with him most days bc gas is so ridiculous right now. However if I know I have something to do he will take his truck. I’m also left with his truck and can drive it I just don’t like to.

1 Like

Absolute man-child , he needs get off his ass and get his truck fixed , next time he takes your car report it as stolen , he will soon get his fixed !!

Its your car not his tbh id tell him he takes it agian without permission id report it stolen

4 Likes

How pissy are you? Call it in stolen. 1. He will never take it again 2. You will know for sure where it is

1 Like

Hide your keys. You don’t have to let him drive your vehicle if you don’t want to. Hide your keys somewhere he won’t look and when he asks say you misplaced your keys.

1 Like

Oh hell no. Firstly, you use my car you fill it up! Second you “ASK” before taking other peoples things! Just respect. You was not petty at all! Does he have his own set of keys to your car? I’d be keeping them with me at all times :laughing:

6 Likes

I would take his card and use it to get his truck fixed . Problem solved :woman_shrugging:x

10 Likes

I don’t like my husbands car either but it is better if he takes mine. I suck it up. The gas thing sounds like he is being petty because you are starting to get petty. That’s a nasty war that never ends well. Compromise. If you have to go somewhere like an apt or somewhere far then ask him to take his truck. If your staying in town let him take your car. There are bigger wars to fight.

Don’t give him the keys. My husband won’t let me drive his car but expects to drive mine. My car is more expensive, newer and has less miles than his) so, I quit letting him drive mine. End of story.

4 Likes

He’s procrastinating so you pay the price for it, I understand some time, getting a car in can take time, idk the fixes it needs. But if it’s that easy he needs to fix it or you take it and his card and fix it. Sometimes men need to be shown, they’re not too bright

2 Likes

Make an appointment with a repair man. It will either get fixed by them or hubby will finally do it.

2 Likes

Drive his anyways shiii I would

2 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13966 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer161.pages.dev

I’m sorry, but I’d drive that beast to the car shop myself. And make him pay for it. And that’s what I’d call petty.

7 Likes

Take that same card and go to the muffler shop :woman_shrugging: Make him pay for the repair and let him know you took the liberty of taking his car in for him and here’s his receipt. I wouldn’t be playing any games with him especially if I’m finding myself irritated and inconvenienced.

13 Likes

Just keep taking his truck till he gets tired of it. Ignore his whining about it. Hide his keys so he can’t hide them from you

1 Like

If he didn’t want me taking his truck he wouldn’t be taking my car…period‼️

4 Likes

Lol. Take his truck n get it fixed. Then issue will be solved.

6 Likes

We teach people how to treat us
He has shown you who he is.
It all depends on what you are willing to settle for in your life. Please don’t leave the key to your happiness in anyone’s pocket

4 Likes

Maybe you should go out with some hammers and drills and open his hood and fix his exhaust for him​:wink::thinking:…make sure he’s watching​:eyes:. Charge him for your time!

4 Likes

Take his vehicle, have it repaired on his dime, leave it with the gas tank empty, and hide your keys from now on!!

8 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13699 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer166.pages.dev

Is it under your name only?
If he left with it without permission I’d call it in as stolen. Teach him not to take your car ! Maybe next time he will ask and you can rent it to him for $100 a day.

3 Likes

Start hiding your keys and telling him no

2 Likes

He didn’t want to pay for gas lmao, that’s rude

So have his fixed? Simple solution.

2 Likes

Make a appt at a garage n get his truck fixed

Get in car an go with him

1 Like

I would have hid my keys already and told his ass idk where they are you had them last :joy: I’m married as well but we have separate cars. He would only take mine in an emergency. If it’s not an emergency he’d ask me first!

Hide your keys or take out a fuse etc… reclaim your stuff and stop the fights. This is brother and sister bs

3 Likes

Is your car nicer?? If possible. Ride with him at the last minute …

Call someone to fix his truck for him, them pay for it with his card. If he is too lazy for fix it himself, let him pay someone else 3 times as much to take care of it. Until then, hide your keys.

5 Likes

Fix his and just drive it til he catches on :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Report the car stolen. He’ll learn.

3 Likes

I would get on YouTube and fix his truck myself lol I once used a YouTube video to change the fuel pump in my car because my husband works so much and literally was exhausted from being in the sun all day when he came home !

2 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13969 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer173.pages.dev

I’d be upset too my girlfriend never lets me drive her truck…
I pay insurance on it for her my name is also on it but I think her dad would kill me at the most since it was a gift for her not me 

Stop letting him take your car. He thinks he is entitled. Sounds like a narcissist to me. Manipulation at it’s finest!

1 Like

Take his truck get it fixed

2 Likes

Hide your keys how’s this rocket science. You people really pick winners.

2 Likes

Tell him if he takes your car again without consent you will call the cops and have him nicked! :wink::grin:

4 Likes

Don’t give him the damn keys! Stand the hell up for yourself! He obviously doesn’t give a toss about your feelings so why are you dancing around his?

Well if its an easy fix, can you just take it to go get fixed?

2 Likes

Drop off his truck at mechanic and tell him to go pick it up when it’s done

5 Likes

Tell me you’re spoiled without saying you’re spoiled

6 Likes

Make an an appointment to get it fixed, get a ride back from the repair shop. When it’s fixed you go with him to pick it up, he can pay and you get your car back!

1 Like

Controlling. He wants you home. Take the truck to mechanic he always goes to.

3 Likes

Girl i dont blame you for being mad cause i would be to and he needs to fix his . maybe you ought to get in your car and go some where before he leaves in it and he will have to take his .

2 Likes

So take his credit card and take his truck to get fixed if he wants to be a lazy ass problem solved

Get it fixed for his birthday or Christmas, whichever comes first.

2 Likes

Go take a part off your car that you can put back on if you need then when he goes to take your car play dumb he will have yo take his and fix it once fixed put your car back together and that’s that .

2 Likes

This is your husband :rofl: stop being petty and go get his car fixed so he stops driving yours. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

3 Likes

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17455 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob2980.pages.dev/

Why are you even married! MINE, HIS…:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Be extra petty and take the keys out🤷🏼‍♀️ if he doesn’t want to fix his own or put gas in yours then he should be using it

Throw him away and try again!

You done good with charging your gas to his card. That should continue! (Take his truck to get fixed)

2 Likes

Mine and yours. You can take tge trick to be fixed and problem sovled.

Sounds like there’s far more problems than the vehicle going on here. Y’all don’t trust eachother with money sharing, there’s a lack of respect, and seems like a power struggle going on.

Also, if he’s having an exhaust problem, the vehicle may be “drivable” but it may cause some other problems that will be far more expensive to fix than 30 minutes.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you live with this. My husband would never. Of course I would make his life miserable if he did. He just wouldn’t disrespect me like this

7 Likes

No team here whatsoever just a roommate situation going on

5 Likes

Unhook the battery :woman_shrugging: