I am in a wedding but want to TTC. The bride doesn't want anyone to be pregnant: Advice?

This is quite possibly the stupidest post I’ve ever seen on here

3 Likes

She needs to get over this coming from a bride. Lol

You go forward with your life and she can learn to deal with it. If she gets mad at you for having a baby then she is the one with the problem

1 Like

You shouldn’t plan your life around someone else’s!

2 Likes

Why does her plans need to affect yours? I honestly don’t see why she’s so obsessed with the idea of her being the only one with child. She’s getting married and letting people celebrate it in union? All the attention will be on the couple anyway? She needs to stop feeling the need to be only one that’s pregnant or whatever she’s trying to control. Do what you want in the end. She can’t control your family plans in the end or anyone else’s in that matter.

1 Like

A child is always worth giving things up for :two_hearts:

1 Like

No offense but if that were my ‘friend’ and she said that to me, I would’ve told her screw her and her wedding and would never talk to her again. I don’t even know her and she sounds selfish and rude as hell.

1 Like

I would not plan my life around anyone not in my household. If you want to be pregnant, be pregnant.

3 Likes

Your life=your choice. If she has that big of a problem with it, you can just not go. Why would you let someone else be the reason you don’t have another baby if you want one? Crazy.

I mean I get mad when someone wins the lottery but oh well life goes on​:woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

Have your baby. Don’t worry about how your friend feels about it. If she loves you, she’ll be ecstatic you and your bump will be part of her ceremony.

The man who is marrying her should go see mental Doctor

1 Like

He and needs to find a wife not a. _______________

If she was a true friend she wouldnt care if your pregnant she should be happy. What’s the big deal about someone being pregnant at a wedding?

2 Likes

Dont put u life on hold for a welddling she should understand.

You go and have your baby girl… She will be alright. Just dont tell her until later and thats that. Imagine if you werent planning it. And all of a sudden got blessed with a pregnancy.

1 Like

Sounds like she has jealousy issues, get pregnant and start your beautiful family if she gets angry it’s her issue not yours.

2 Likes

So true he must be real phlegmatic

Plan your family. This is your LIFE we’re discussing! Who cares who you piss off? Honestly if I asked myself who I would upset before every life decision I never would have accomplished anything in my life.

3 Likes

Dont plan your life around anybody else’s.

6 Likes

Iffff this was soooo important to you and supposedly had these plans before her wedding then you would or should have definitely let her Know at least of your plans. I mean you don’t have to be in the wedding 🤷 I mean like your not willing to put your plans on hold, why should she have to have what she doesn’t want for her wedding? 🤷

1 Like

do NOT put your life on hold for her wedding she moved it up t0 next year from 2-3 years away… if she cant deal make her find someone else … why would you allow someone else to dictate your life and family i mean seriously?

5 Likes

Let’s be honest. It’s a wedding. A wedding is a maybe forever thing. You are considering a child. A child is a forever situation for your family. Don’t put your life on hold to wear a possibly ugly dress. Not worth it :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

The wedding will last just one day. Remember that.

1 Like

I understand it’s her big day but its not like you being pregnant at her wedding is affecting her getting any attention.

You can’t plan your life around someone else and a true friend would be happy.

3 Likes

No… why should you wait to have a blessing bc she’s being bridezilla ? Have your baby.

5 Likes

You also said you want to he by her side well she needs to be by yours too.

1 Like

Go with your plans. Wear appropriate style dress. All is good. Birth is a blessing.:heart:

1 Like

Don’t ever put your life on hold for someone else.

4 Likes

Don’t stop your family plans for someone’s what 6-8 hour party . This shouldn’t even be a thought imo

6 Likes

I understand her being up set, I understand both side, pregnancy and health issues can take away a from someone’s special day!

But you do what is best for you and your family.

Get pregnant if she cant understand then shes not much of a friend. Its your life.

1 Like

That’s not something she gets to control

1 Like

I wouldn’t be worrying about her at all.If your pregnant, your pregnant period.If you have a small baby,you have a small baby. I wouldn’t put my life on hold for anybody.

3 Likes

I know weddings are about the happy couple but requesting that you put your personal life on hold so she doesn’t have pregnant people in her wedding is beyond selfish and horrible!

5 Likes

Had the same thing. We waited for the wedding to really start trying for #2 and then couldn’t get pregnant. Ended up at a fertility doctor, lots of testing, a medication to promote ovulating for months, and was set for Ivf when I found out I was pregnant.

Selfish on her part and if she wants to reconsider brides maids that’s on her. You shouldn’t be planning your future around anyone else’s wedding and expectations. If this person truly cared about you they wouldn’t ask it.

1 Like

That’s one of the dumbest things I have heard… what a self centered person. I wouldn’t even want to be Friends with someone who thinks like that or acts like that… much less be in their Wedding! They have their plans for Marriage ( which is not about the wedding- that’s just a Celebration day) & you have your plans about your family… your husband and children… Geez girlfriend live your Best Life and definitely don’t worry about how others think you should or what they want for themselves. Do you , don’t change your plans- your family has to come first in your life !!!

1 Like

Screw her. Don’t put your life on hold. You will regret it.

Family planning comes first, sorry! Now that you know it’s an issue, tell her that you are or will be TTC and you could end up pregnant at her wedding, so if that’s too much for her to handle, you completely understand.

Why do u have to put your life on hold because she wants to be like this. Go get pregnant you do you

Fuck no… family always comes first… you keep on doing you. not the bridezilla. If she is like family then she should be by your side no matter what…

Girl you better have that baby

1 Like

You care about waiting to get pregnant because of her and the wedding? What is wrong with you. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s your life live it!

1 Like

I do not understand the problem, opt out, she can find someone else to stand in

Have your baby and stop worrying abtbthe thoughts of others

This may sound harsh but what is more important?? Your family or her wedding? Personally if I was that close to someone and they told me they didn’t want pregnant bridesmaids I’d say bye Felicia. Do what YOUR FAMILY wants. If y’all want a baby go for it. Don’t let her one day dictate the rest of YOUR lives.
Just my two cents. Again I apologize if it’s too harsh.

3 Likes

Go ahead with your plans.

1 Like

Don’t put your life on hold. If you become pregnant and she can’t accept that then it’s on her not you

3 Likes

Uh what is her problem with someone being pregnant at her wedding?? Sounds childish to me, get pregnant she’ll either get over it or she won’t move on

1 Like

Girl go make that baby :baby::heart:

2 Likes

Honestly if u had this plan prior to her getting engaged u have every right to do so. It ur life,ur body, ur family. She can mad all she wants but this is ur choice girl. Cant put that stuff off cause what if something else happens again and again u will end up regretting doing so. Life is full of things that can make u wanna back burner things till it becomes impossible to do it. Jus go with ur gut stick to original plans life to short for putting that stuff to the side

Seriously, who cares!? You take care of your family and whatever happens happens. She’s being very petty!

1 Like

I think you should tell her the truth. Explain to her that you and your husband had been discussing having another child before she even go engaged and that you would like it to happen now before you get any older. Then give her the option of keeping you in her wedding party or finding someone to take your place

Your friend is an asshole. Do not plan your life around someone like that.

I wouldn’t put my life on hold for someone else’s wedding. Who knows, maybe you’ll get pregnant right off or maybe it’ll take awhile. Personally I would try not to stress the maybes.

1 Like

Baby/family comes first. If she’s really your friend, she’ll understand.

2 Likes

Times like these are when I’m glad I’m a recluse. Don’t have to worry about any of this stuff.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t want to be involved in someone’s wedding who is this controlling. It’s not normal.

She’ll be married the same if your in/out/ pregnant/ not pregnant.
I’d question her wedding priorities.
I’ve never had a friend make life decisions for me.
Good luck planning and making it happen, after years of trying and later having issues after having my now 4 year old, I had no idea it was so hard to successfully conceive and carry to term.

2 Likes

Just declined the invite to be in the wedding! Sitting in the audience is just as much fun and after the wedding probably never see her again! Oops, but you will miss out on the bridesmaids dress! Oh my, my closet was overflowing with my daughters dresses! Never worn again and money out the door! Just sayin! If you bring in the wedding going to make their marriage last longer, I doubt it! Don’t ask DA questions if you aren’t ready for the the SA answers! :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

1 Like

Ummm that’s ridiculous of her. I would definitely not put my family on hold. I would however put that friendship on hold. Permanently.

Uhm…have ur baby…screw her. That is bullshit…its an attention thing OBVIOUSLY. She doesnt want YOU or said pregnant person getting any shine…thats annoying. Dont ever put ur life on hold for someone else. Have ur baby! And have another one for me!:joy::pray:

I say go for making the baby if your friend cant understand then maybe she not your true friend if that the case just say sorry I cant be in your wedding

1 Like

Sooooo…you put your life on hold…what if wedding never happens…you may say that would never happen but sometimes life makes its own plans…
Never put your life on hold.

do what you wanted to do and have a baby, cause it’s your wush. if she’s a true friend she should be concentrate and know you might want another even if you never said a thing. I know it’ll be her big day, but having a baby is special to you. she probably got up set because the one who is pregnant told her and she might think that the pregnant friend wants to share the attention by telling everyone that’s she pregnant. that’s a possibly why the bride was mad.

heck, I was pregnant at my grandparents renewing of their vows. I haven’t even told my cousin that I was pregno, until she told me she was the day before. so I decided and told her just hours before the renew vows thing of my grandparents. my older daughter stood next to me.

HAVE THAT BABY.
She’ll get over it. Just saying.

1 Like

Well I would do what is best your you and your husband. A wedding lasts one day. You shouldn’t let her one day control your life plans with your husband. To be honest she sounds sort of selfish. She should be happy if you get pregnant.

A wedding isn’t a big deal, having a baby is! Bridezilla will get over it. Have that baby mama :baby:t3::heart_eyes:

1 Like

U do what u desire ,. And for those that just come on here and always make snotty ass remarks, never giving helpful friendly kind input shame on u. Your opinion is great but isn’t necessary if u can’t say nothing nice. :roll_eyes:

Tomorrow is not promised! Don’t waste a minute life is short! Live to be happy

Tell her she’s a childish baby. People don’t plan their lives around your wedding

2 Likes

Bridezilla much? I get you’re close to her, but that’s honestly a disgusting expectation for her to hold.

Don’t put your life or your plans on hold for her, fertility can be such a fickle thing, so have yourself that little baby!

3 Likes

No she needs to not be a bridzilla.

Continue to try to have a baby. Let the bride know now that you have been trying and you’re not going to put your plans on hold. If she’s not with your life choice then she can find someone to replace you.

Ditch the friend and the wedding :roll_eyes: who does that?

Family first just be a guest

You do you. She’ll be fine and excited with you if she is a good friend

Most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever read. Go ahead wirh your family planning and don’t worry about her 10 min of alter time!

Actually her wedding was supposed to be in 2-3 years. Do not put your family planing on hold. If she very upset ask her to postpone her wedding and watch her reaction.

1 Like

Don’t put your life on hold for someone else

If she was a real friend she wouldn’t care if you were pregnant or not, she’d just be happy for you! Sounds a little crazy to me…

1 Like

How does it affect her day at all if your pregnant? Do what you and your husband feel is right and if she butt hurt about it then that’s her problem lol

1 Like

Absolutely do not put your family planning on hold for a wedding. If you end up being pregnant,she will have to get over it. How selfish of her to act like that.

Go with your planning, who knows whether you will be pregnant or not. You could tell her you are trying or when you first find out that you are. Don’t put yourself on ‘hold’ as she was the one who moved up when this would take place.

1 Like

The only people who need to be informed of your choice to have child is yourself and your husband!! Go for it whenever you are ready! If she bans u from her wedding over your baby/ or bump… then why would u really want to go support someone that doesn’t give a flip about you or your child!? Only thing is… if she has bought u dress etc u should pay for any alterations or buy a matching dress that’s suitable for your body that matches her colours!! That should be only issue!! :+1:

Wow! That’s a strange and weird request. Just don’t tell her you may be pregnant. Why does she think she command such a thing. Is she jealous?

1 Like

Forget her, get pregnant. She can’t control people’s lives and decisions.

2 Likes

Simple just don’t be in the wedding and get pregnant. U don’t owe anyone an explanation on adding to your family.

1 Like

They is No perfect time to have a baby. If your friend doesn’t want anyone pregnant to be standing in the wedding, ok! Her special day is hers. Don’t let hurt feelings, on either side, stand in the way. You don’t know when or if you will get pregnant and you don’t know if she will get married. Love to you both. Each of you have something special in your future. If you can stand – great! If you can’t – great! Be happy for each other!

I don’t get it. Why can’t anyone be pregnant? That’s just weird in my opinion.

Are you kidding me?you do not put your life on hold for a wedding.There is no reason at all that you can’t be by her side while carrying the most precious baby.Ridiculous!

1 Like

Life does not hold just because your getting married. She doesnt want the pregnant person stealing her light which is also why it is adults only. But guess what if she has a child in the future she will see how ridiculous this is. I would just let her know you are currently dont know if you will be able to be in the wedding due to life changes can happen at anytime. Best that she fills your spot to meet her expectations. As you will not put your life on hold as life is short and every ones life changes. Best to let her know now. She may be mad at that other friend but will see that she cannot make other people put their life on hold. She can replace you or limit the people she wants standing next to her. I will not be surprised if someone gets knocked up close to her day. You would never ask her to not be pregnant during your baby shower etc.

Never put your life on hold for anyone (life is to short) have you darling baby

A wedding lasts a day I’m sorry but you’re friend is a bitch who cares if you’re pregnant and why does the world revolve around her? Sounds like a spoilt brat to me :woman_shrugging:t3: do not plan your life around her

My petty side says I hope you go into labour on her wedding day HAAA!

Don’t put your life on hold for that wedding,if this person is a “good” friend they will get over it. If not,oh well.We are not promised tomorrow,do what makes you happy.If you do get pregnant,then tell her,then if she don’t want you in the wedding,she’s not much of a friend is she?Good luck with the baby making!!!

Do you sweet heart. I understand she is important but she is not living your life. Dont put your life on hold to make someone else happy.
To be fair about the thought, she is asking everyone to put life on hold to make her day. Let her do her and you do you. If she is a true friend she wont be made for furthering your life.

3 Likes

Its her wedding, so she has the right to get upset and make those requests. If I were you and you really want to try now to have a baby, be honest with her and decline the offer to be in her wedding. It’s her day.

8 Likes

Do u my lady. Just be clear with her because honesty is always the best policy. And if she doesn’t understand your position and offer support, then life goes on. Attend the wedding, if she’s not put off or angry with you, enjoy the reception and move on with your life! Praying for you, your family and your future baby!

4 Likes