I am in love with someone much younger than me: Advice?

It’s a shame when women come in here to ask questions ppl like the above screen shot puts them dwn and shares to there actual page. Some women really need the advice and it’s not a joking matter. Age is just a number so do whatever makes you happy.

5 Likes

Walk away he’s apparently to immature for this relationship if he is afraid of what the community would say.

Your age difference doesn’t bother me, what bothers me is that he worried about what the community and his family would say about it, so even if he’s not saying it the age difference does bother him, and he cares more about that than your feelings. tell him if he cannt act like your a couple by going out in public or telling his family then RUN don’t walk away, and don’t look back. it’s more like your having a secret affair than being a couple!

6 Likes

My husband’s 19 years older than me, we’ve been together almost 13 years now, married last year.

Just understand it may not be love js …it’s a comfort thing for him. What if one day he wants children of his own? Plus he knows you enjoy his time and you are not going anywhere. What if one day he does find another woman his age and goes for her and wants a family of his own. Been down that road trust me …if it has not gone any further than 3 yrs and nothing more was done …you are a convenient thing for him.

4 Likes

im jk girl i have a couple of J Los in my life pretty much in d same age difference but in their case their dudes brag about them instead! they are in love with them and actually want people to know and don’t really care what anyone has to say. i think ur man may love you but just not enough. when a person really loves another they don’t mind what they have to go thru as long as they both are happy with each other, that’s what matters. i don’t think this guy is ready or mature enough to handle this type if relationship. have u asked him if it wd be different if you were in his age range? the answer will open ur eyes

1 Like

I agree with others, seems like he needs to mature depending on what you want from him. My husband was 25 and I was 38 when we met. We were off and on a couple times because he was unsure but he figured it out quick lol. We got married just over a year later, will be 5 yrs this year. He’s a hard worker and very responsible. He’s matured a lot in the last few years. He’s finally in a job he loves with encouragement from me, almost 3 yrs now. We have a 2.5 and 3.5 yr old and I have a 17 yr old. Age difference has never been a problem for us. I got tired of men my own age set in their ways and he got tired of young girls who played games.

He leads you on and you let him…

3 Likes

Honestly let him go it’s not about age or anything like that but think about how it was when you were 25 and weigh it out

3 Likes

I am 58 yrs young and my other half is 28, younger than my youngest child. 1 of my children don’t approve but the other 2 say , mama as long as you are happy and he doesn’t hit you or use you, we are ok. They mean that. We have been together 3 yrs

4 Likes

If he has issues with you being a couple, he’s wasting your time and using you, walk away.

3 Likes

My man and I have a 13 year age gap and have never let anyone tell us it’s right or wrong. If he’s not ready after three years idk if he’ll ever be love.

6 Likes

I myself had issues with this same thing not with me but my oldest daughter she’s 29 her husband is 52 they got married 5 yrs ago been together 7 but I look at it like this he is very wonderful to her and my grandbaby which doesn’t belong to him but has raised her with my daughter they love each other and so I got over the age difference. My husband here daddy is only a yr older than him he’s got a daughter her age they had problems with them being together as well thinking my daughter was just after him for his money but she has worked since she was 15 she has her real estate license but b4 she got them he was her boss

Just enjoy it while it last, he could be your age and I’ll still say enjoy it while it last.

Honey you are just milf to him. Dump him

3 Likes

I’m seeing a guy that is 24 years younger than me

He is using that age gap to get the kind of relationship he wants. I’m with a guy 10 years younger than me and he says that what others think about the age gap has a problem not us.

2 Likes

I call BS… age is just a number…

1 Like

I’m 27 my partner is 50 his older daughter dont like it but most people don’t care if he loved u it wouldnt ever be a secret for that long. We was did keep us a secret at first for a month or two but most people thought we was together. I mean my car stayed all night in his drive way. We knew some people would be upset. But when you want to be with someone age dont matter and what people think dont matter.

1 Like

My husband and I are 12 years apart.

A man who wants to keep your relationship private isn’t a man you should be spending your time and energy on.

7 Likes

You have kids his age, gross.

1 Like

I’m 26 my soon to be husband is 50. We have a 8 month old child. Been together for 6 years. At first my parents and my family all thought it was odd and just a phase but age is Just a number. From the day we met we just clicked! If he’s afraid of what the “world” would think boy bye it’s 2020! :joy::kissing_heart::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Walk away.If he was in to you he eould not care who knew

2 Likes

You need to walk away from him…like yesterday

1 Like

My husband is 7 years older then me. We started dating when I turned 18 and he was 25. Age is just a number but if he loves you like he says then being a couple should bother him.

3 Likes

If he hasn’t committed to you yet, let him go.
Age is just a number and I know many people with large age gaps between them. Even my 46 yo mum has dated people younger than me and I didn’t care.
It’s not love if he doesn’t wanna be seen with you or tell everyone!
Real love is not caring what people think about your relationship

3 Likes

Age aside, do you want to be with someone who wants to keep you a secret, or someone who wants everyone to know that you’re his?

4 Likes

You need to walk away and block all of his means of contacting you. He is just playing around. I have no issue with an age difference, but this isnt mutual. He just knows how to run game on you.

2 Likes

He’s playing you, not even about the age! If he loves you he wouldn’t hide the Relationship,Acting like he Embarrass of you,he’s only coming to you when no one else is around and your letting him!

1 Like

The age isn’t an issue. If he isn’t willing to commit and take the next step then you need to walk away. If he really loved you and wanted to be with you, then he would. No excuses. You deserve better. You deserve someone is 100% sure about you and will do anything for you! Never settle! Walk away and give yourself a chance to find someone who deserves you!

2 Likes

Hes holding back, so you gotta make your choice if you want to do the waiting game or not.

Move one to be with some one your age. Why waste time on some one who clearly is embarrassed and cant commit

The age difference is not the problem! The problem is after wasting 3 years of your life with him he still hasn’t told his family to suck it and your what he wants and the community thing is an excuse to add to his plan of convince when he is board or wants to get his :eggplant: wet! Don’t waste anymore of your precious time on him find someone who will shout he loves you from the rooftops and will tell everyone around that your his woman. You should not settle for hiding in the shadows for love , you are more than that fix your crown girl and pull up your big girl pants . And think the reason your asking the question is your answer you don’t want that and you want more. Love yourself enough to make the change you are worth it! Sooner is better than later and after 3 years it’s later honey :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Get hurt now or get hurt later.

The age thing isn’t the issue. His unwillingness to commit is. I know this isn’t what you want to hear but he is playing you. It’s way past time to move on

6 Likes

My husband and I are 24 years apart age doesn’t matter

1 Like

You’re his girl toy. He’s not gonna claim you…Move on

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s using you . Play big boy when he wants something!!! As far as male brains go he’s still a child. It’s fun but move on and stay gone for your own good

1 Like

No leave him alone, you’re too damn grown to be messing around with someone half your age.

Run! You’re being played! Waste of time! Find a “real” man!

2 Likes

Sounds immature and having commitment issues. He shouldn’t be ashamed of the age difference if he really loved you. Three years is too long.

1 Like

You deserve better , someone who’s not embarrassed of showing the world how much he loves you !! Move on :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Let that child (not bc of age but bc of his behavior) go!

2 Likes

My husband and I have a 15 year age gap. It is only weird if you or he makes it that way. If he cannot commit to you then that is his immaturity showing and maybe you should call it quits and stand your ground.

1 Like

If hes just coming over for sex then its not a relationship that you think it is.

2 Likes

I’m 22 in a relationship with a 43 year old. And we’re about to have our second kid together. Age gaps are just a common thing in my family. Go for it, but if he is only coming over for sex, then hold off and wait. Dont forget about your kids in the process of finding a new relationship, and if he is serious, he will understand your wants and needs.

Girrl you’re getting played.

1 Like

if hes that’s ashamed of your relationship that should tell you how he feels about it. i would find someone more appropriate for your age tbh

It can work. He shouldn’t care what anyone else thinks! My aunt is 50, her husband is 33… (so is her oldest daughter).They have been together since he was 20.

Since you were taught to look at the inside look at his inside and see that he is not being very fair to you at all. It’s time to move on

I am 35 and I am dating a guy that is 51 and 5 years ago I had a baby with a 56 year old man. Age is just a number. Look at me I like a men older. They show you more love they don’t play games

1 Like

Age is a number but if he can love an not worried what everyone is worrying if he tell his parents y’all are together you don’t need him

1 Like

I believe age is just a number. But at the same time with what you stated he’s counterdicting himself by telling you one thing then worrying about the community and his family so he should not care what anyone thinks we don’t choose who we love we love the person for who and what they are.

Honestly he’s too immature. Look at what even you know. He won’t claim you because if what others think? Really? I’ve seen 20 year olds consummate marriages on their men’s death beds!! He’s using you and I hope you cut it swiftly so you can get away with little pain.

I would stand my ground its 2020 who cares what others think if he can’t get over that he is not worth your time if he loved you then this would be an easy choice. Don’t waste any more of your time on him…there is someone out there that loves you and will be with you despite any difficulties it may cause you will be there priority

Honestly you need to stop. Your just gonna keep getting hurt. If he truly loved you that wouldn’t matter. He is ashamed and you deserve better.

1 Like

You waited three years to put a label on things now he doesn’t want to. Move on. Age is just a number, on the account they’re over eighteen lmfao, but you can not expect everyone else to see it that way. He probably likes to have the MILF in his bed but feels embarrassed to have her on his arm.

As long as the relationship is on his terms, he will continue to see you. It sounds like you need more than he’s willing to give you and you will continue getting hurt. Have self respect and end it. Otherwise don’t complain because what you allow, will continue.

I know a couple where the woman was almost 40 and the man was I want to say about 24. So similar situation. She had two kids that were in their teens. They are now married (within 4 years of dating). I worked with both of them and they were never interested in getting married in the beginning because of past relationships. I told them they’d be married within 5 years. These two never had a problem hiding their age difference because they were dating (only hid it from their boss for a little bit). I would sit down with him and discuss if he really wants to be with you. If he does, the age difference doesn’t matter and he will work past the judgment others might place on y’all. If he doesn’t really want to be with you, he will try to make excuses as to why he can’t tell other people.

The problem is with him not you. If a relationship is to be a secret, then it’s not a relationship. Ask yourself if you are okay to carry on as things are. If not then move one. If he truly wants to be with you then what anyone else thinks would not matter to him.

2 Likes

Nope. Stay in your lane. You’re a grandma and he has barely experienced life.

5 Likes

I am 37 and my husband is 48& we have 2 kids, been together 5 year’s married 2 years now

He obviously doesn’t want it as much as you do if at all

1 Like

My sister is 27 and her fiance is 50!! They have just welcomed their gorgeous baby boy! Age is just a number if the feelings are real then nothing else should matter!! If you love each other then go for it x

1 Like

Move on, he has excuses for not being with you.

Pls this is Satanic work pray while on your nee then you will understand the creazyness. May God and virgin merry heal you and wake you up

4 Likes

He’s using you push him away and look for someone who will be proud to have you on his arm in public.

2 Likes

Jesus 41 and you still cant make shit clear with communication.

It sounds like an entanglement plus he is 25 might want kids around 30 you’ll be 46 by then, doesnt sound promissing.

Does he walk thru your community holding your hand? No? He’s ashamed to be seen with you. Be brave,end this and be the grown up.

3 Likes

At 25 he is possibly just not yet mature enough to understand much about relationships.
Let him go.
Let him.come back at 32.

He’s giving you all the signs that he’s not interested in a long term relationship with you. He’s afraid of what other people will think, he has walked away several times. Age really doesn’t matter… unless it DOES matter to someone in the relationship - and he’s already told you it matters to him. So let him go, stay strong, and don’t let him back. And find someone who WANTS to be with you. Or not. Being single can be good, too.

208 Likes

You know the answer, but I will say it. You are wasting time you could be using to build a real relationship. Mr. 25 has “time on his side.” You do not !

83 Likes

True love overcomes ALL obstacles. He does not sound like he wants a commitment. If he truly loved you, he wouldn’t care about what anyone had to say.

36 Likes

Age is nothing but a number have a heart to heart if ya both are in love then what the world thinks won’t matter give him a little time after the talk lay your heart out see where it goes it’s normal at that age to care what others think but it will go away and he won’t care if he truly wants u and realizes how much you want the same

5 Likes

I would walk away and stay away. If he says one thing but shows you otherwise than hes not worth your time and love. A real man would commit regardless of his family viewed it.

34 Likes

I’m 45 and my husband is 31. Neither of us have an issue nor did my kids. But he was mature for his age. We’ve been together 10 years now. Age doesn’t matter when you both agree what you want in life.

10 Likes

My husband is 47, I am 34. Just about a 13 year age difference. We got married when he was 37 & I was 24. The age difference never bothered me, I wasn’t ashamed or worried what anyone thought. He made me happy & that’s all anyone should be concerned about. Tell him to decide, or do your best to move on. Don’t let someone string you along.

6 Likes

Sounds to me like he is just doing what guys do in their early 20’s and being older you should’ve kinda expected this as a possibility. This is the time he is supposed to date and see what he wants in a wife. Yes he is concerned about what his family and friends will think because he is still trying to figure out himself.

19 Likes

It’s a different thing if the woman is much older than the guy. My advice to you, do ur best to forget him. I have some friends who were on the same page and regretted it. It may not be an issue at the present since you’re just on your 40’s but let’s say 20 years from now you’d be 60 and he’s only 45…read between the lines… Believe me, you’re just gonna hurt yourself.

10 Likes

My husband is 10 years younger than me. I had 3 children before we met and we had a son together. We have been together for 25 years and it was the “mistake” I ever made!! !Follow your heart!

10 Likes

It’s been three yrs? If he loves u age shouldn’t matter. So… u know what u need to do. Move on.

7 Likes

Girl. I am 28 and I am with a 49 year old. If he loved you, it wouldn’t matter. He’s playing you and I wish I could tell you to move on but I know you can’t do that. It’s hard and you’ll have to figure it out yourself. Best of luck and I hope it works out for you

15 Likes

Sorry, but I know several people in relationships where there is this age difference… they have no problems. It depends on the maturity level and commitment. He’s not in it for the long haul

13 Likes

Walk. Away. Seriously - If he honestly cared and loved you, he’d not let that get in the way.

14 Likes

I’m 36 and my husband is 27. Marrying him was the best decision I’ve ever made for myself. He is the most amazing man. He treats me like a queen. Sometimes I think about his age vs my age during a certain event and it used to feel weird, but now we just laugh. As long as you’re happy and he treats you right, then it shouldn’t matter.

5 Likes

He is hiding you. He is fooling around. He wants to keep it quiet so he can keep d**king around. My husband and I have a pretty large age gap 12 1/2 years to be exact. And we are and were both adults getting together. We did not care about what other people thought of our relationship and still dont. Leave that dude for good.

11 Likes

My husband is 14 year’s younger than me . We married when I was 36 and he was 22 been married almost 24 years and have had a wonderful marriage. Not a day goes by he doesn’t say I love you. Our families are good with us . I have 4 kids 42, 41, 40, and 37 and they love him. I worried about our age but his mom is my best friend now. So if he is to scared to committing then he is not going to hang around for a marriage.

5 Likes

My brother was probably 26/27 when he was with a woman almost in her 60s (our moms age) and he loved showing her off. To the family, to his friends, in public.

Sounds like he’s hiding you and that’s some bs.

6 Likes

Age has nothing to do with it. But his lack of commitment to you and his fear of what others will think about the age difference is CRAP!! If he has continued to do this for 3 years and keeps hurting you, walk away you deserve someone who treats you like a queen, not a mistress they hide away from the world.

17 Likes

My son is 24 his fiancé is 42, she’s a year younger than me. At first I was weary but what will be, will be. I am kind of sad I’ll never get to be a grandmother by him though.

1 Like

Well im 36 and my bf is 24 and we’ve been together now for a little over a year hes so affectionate and he’s great with my son from a previous relationship … I used to only date older guys but honestly hes more mature than anyone else I’ve dated… Our relationship is not perfect but at the end of the day if we have a disagreement or fight he always lets me know that he loves me and wants us to work… He always tells me he loves me he always makes sure im taken care of and atm we are expecting and hes been so great and helpful … I dont know what Id do without him I dont think the age difference matters we have alot in common and enjoy spending time together

5 Likes

He doesn’t sound mature enough for this relationship. Move on.

19 Likes

A couple of my best friends are a married couple. He is 14 years younger than her. Unfortunately I dont think the issue is the age difference. I think he is just not ready to commit :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Just have fun!!! It’s Mmmmm all for age gaps. It’s whatever to me. It’s just harder when the other person is so young. They haven’t experienced kids and marriage. It’s hard to be with someone when you both want completely different things. I say have fun! You guys can have fun and be comfort in eaxhitehrs life’s without putting a label on it

1 Like

He likes the idea of love. At age 25 I thought i knew love and had 2 kids one of each men i only dated. I thought I was in love with them.i then realized I was infatuated with the idea of love. Love knows no boundaries.it shouldn’t be hard or complicated.

1 Like

I am not saying this to be mean he is gaslighting you to get what he wants you deserve more than to be kept a secret

7 Likes

My husband is 14 years older than me. We have never felt like we needed to hide our relationship we’ve been together since I was 28 & he was 42. Been happily married for 6 years. Absolutely no regrets.

11 Likes

If you’re not good enough in his eyes to be shown to the world as his partner, then there is somebody out there that will show you off to the world. And that’s what you deserve.:two_hearts:

28 Likes

Hearts want what they want but there should be no limitations … he may want children someday~ you are perhaps ready for a next chapter life partner to travel etc… its Risky but at the end of the day and all the questions follow your hearts :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes