I am nervous for my 4th c section: Advice?

Hi! I was hoping you can ask anonymous please - I just found out that I am pregnant with my fourth baby, and I am stressing about having a fourth c section. This baby was a complete surprise to us…This would be my fourth c section, and I am a little nervous as I am older than 38. I just wanted to know If anyone has gone through this and what their pregnancy was like. Just really nervous…I do have three older kids to help me.

25 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am nervous for my 4th c section: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Had 4 children all by c-cections, all was fine. You’re going to be ok.

3 Likes

I have 5 children and just had my 4th csection 9 months ago I’m also 38 I had no issues and no bleeding good luck

It’s okay to feel how you feel but you gonna be okay.

Just did it you’ll be ok

Same surprise baby #4 all by c-section my 4th was easy I worried my entire pregnancy and everything went great in the end! Shes my lil rock! I made sure to get my tunes tied that day! Also she was my first that my water actually broke and I was in denial that I was in labor for hours finally decide to get checked and water brok on the way to hospital! She came a few days b4 her scheduled c-section! 8-20-2020!

I’m currently pregnant with my 4th baby (3 prior csections). I’m due Aug 11th but may be delivering her sooner than I thought. As for pregnancy, it has been rough, not because of anything that had to do with the c-sections though. I think you’ll be just fine :blush: congratulations on your 4th bundle of joy. If you ever have concerns about having another csection don’t be scared to talk to your provider about it, they can hopefully ease your worries :heart:

I had four c sections. I didn’t have no issues. I think it depends on scar tissue. My third and fourth are ten years apart. As long as their was enough time in between but your OB gyn should be able to tell you any risk you may have. Good luck.

It’ll be okay! Going for my 5th c section in November! My 4th was just as easy as the others

I’m on my fourth now pregnant so far so good for me it should be fine I’m gonna be 38 when baby comes . Dont stress all should be well just take it easy

Ill be having my 5th c-section here in a couple weeks. The healing process for me got easier.

I had my 5th c section last year, each c section was a year and a half apart. I feel like with each csection the healing process was easier. On my last 2 they did have to cut a new incision point just a little lower than my original one.

I’m 35 just had my 4Th csection 3months ago with my biggest baby 10lbs 3 oz. Pregnancy was rough because unplanned and close to 400lbs. Birth was good, left hospital after 2 days n healed great. I’ve had 2 vertical and 2 horizontal c sections.

I have had 4 c sections, & no problems at all. A little more pain with my last one recovery wise as I also had my tubes tides, but other then that everything went smoothly. Good luck!!

I had my third child, first/only c-section at 40. It was emergency but went well. They thought they were delivering a deceased fetus. He’s almost 8 & a fighter.

I hope all goes well. Congrats!!!

My daughter had 5 C-sections

I had 4! I did get my tubes tied so I found recovery to be the worst section of all 4… it is possible & I’m sure you’ll do fine :hugs:

Awww I feel this I had my 4th csection 3 weeks ago. Also had my tubes removed because heck no, I can’t and won’t do it again lol but you will be fine. It will be worth it in the end. Congratulations

I’m going for my second c section , 5 Years since my last one & ive been freaking out & worried about how many more I can have but seeing you all have 4 or 5 gives me comfort in knowing I’m not limited in being able to have the children I want . Also , do they cut you in the same place each time or do they make a new cut ? Is recovery easier or harder than the 1st ? Sorry to ask so many questions under this post instead of making my own lol

You’ll be fine my daughter-in-law had her last C-section in 2014 they did good except for the doctor knicked her bladder but it got okay and was fine this doctor I think though is like a hundred years old LOL but you should be fine she was fine she had done it no problem at all she just wanted to have it the regular way but they told her she couldn’t since she had 3 c-sections she had to have a C-section

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am nervous for my 4th c section: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I have had two… but my momma had four also and she’s doing great :blush: not much to offer but to let you know it will be ok. :heart:

1 Like

I have a friend that has had 6 of them she is fine

I have a friend who had 7 c-sections and her youngest is 43. You’ll do great xoxoxo

I have had 4 c-sections… my 2nd and 4th were by far my easiest… my recommendation is that you drink a ton of water the day/ night before and make sure you poop!! Even if it’s right when you get there! I would also make sure your doctor knows how nervous you are and can find you a good anesthesiologist!! Believe it or not your anesthesiologist is who makes or breaks your c-section going well.

Congratulations and good luck!You will be fine!! :heart:

1 Like

I had a c section with my 4th baby and I was 39 everything went totally fine with mine my daughter is perfectly healthy

1 Like

I had my third c section at 32 and my fourth at 39 and the pregnancy and c section all went completely fine :blush:

I had my 9th c section last year at 39 and all went fine😊

1 Like

Go ahead and have a tummy tuck if u need one.

Pregnant with #3 at 42. Just follow doctors instructions and ask for help! Definitely get someone to help you when you come home to avoid overdoing it and causing issues. Good luck and God bless!

I was 44 and pregnant with triplets. They were my 6,7 and 8th kids. It all went good. Good luck!

5 Likes

Old nurse. Moms all my life. Did not see a problem. Just take care of you and do not let anything steal your joy of life. Hugs!!!

4 Likes

I was 44 and had another csection with my youngest. Things went just fine here

For most of this century, “once a cesarean, always a cesarean” was the rule in the United States. In the 1980s, vaginal birth after cesarean grew in popularity and the pendulum began to swing away from routine repeat cesarean delivery. Recently, the wisdom of this transition has been questioned.

The benefits of a successful vaginal birth after C-section include avoiding a major abdominal surgery, lower risks of bleeding, infection, fewer complications for future pregnancies, and also a faster recovery compared to mothers who had an elective repeat C-section. Without C-section incision pain, patients can also take care of their little ones more comfortably.

It is important to remember that trying vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC) is not risk-free. The major concern for VBAC is uterine rupture or separation of a previous uterine scar. When uterine rupture happens, that can put the mother and the baby at risk. Emergent C-section is required at this time. Thankfully, the risk of uterine rupture is less than 1% overall.

Each pregnancy is different, so it’s difficult to give a standard answer about the number of C-sections yone can have safely. And of course, there are some circumstances where having multiple C-sections is medically necessary.
How Many C-Sections Can You Have Safely? Risks and More

If you don’t know what to do, just pray. Don’t get nervous, just pray. :pray:

My mom had us all that way 5 you will be fine. She was your age on last one.

I had my 4th c section in 2019. Honestly it was the best recovery yet. I was even comfortable with my husband going back to work right away. It’s definitely helpful to have the older kiddos as well. You will be fine!

3 Likes

I had 4 C-Sections, my last decided to arrive a bit before we had planned so it was slightly emergent, but the surgery went well. I do have a lot of scare tissues but they did a great job and I recovered quickly. I was 38 when I delivered my last child. You will do well!

I am surprised your doctor didn’t tie your tubes with the 3rd pregnancy. Tell her/him to do it this time. You are risking your life - and you have 3 children to take care of.

1 Like

My sister in law had a fourth C section child. Both her and the baby did well.
Please, make sure to talk with your OBGYN! make sure to address all your feelings and concerns.

1 Like

Explore lap followed up by 3 sections, a set of twins… last pregnancy was the easiest.

I’ve had 5 c sections and my scar was very thin on one side so I had my tubes done during the 5th but me and baby were both fine. That was 7 years ago now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had 4 c sections. My 4th was at 40 and everything went fine. My last 3 were cut frm the bellybutton down. No problems. I had a total hysterectomy 2 yrs later. Uterus had served it’s miraculous use.

I’m 39 and had my last and am fixed now …no c sec. But as for the age thing I got a 22 yr old a 9 yr old and now a 1and half baby…they will help…you have done the c sec before so just prepare. .and talk with your other kiddos…We older mommas are made of steel when starting over again😊 I find I am enjoying my little one now seems I’m more calm and less worried about the small stuff. Take care of your mental health.

1 Like

I had 4 Caesarians (not by choice)
For the 4th they had to do a new incision line (different from first 3)
I have lost all feeling across the area around my scars now but that’s nothing
Recovery was the same as the others
I had my tubes tied during my 4th as well

It is a scary thing but the hospital teams are great and u will be ok xo

Some of these comments are just plan RUDE! She is not asking about birth control.

Having my 6th csection in October, my issues are thin uterus " window" last csection, my 5th one was rough developed a hematoma on my incision , so that was the worst! Hurt worse then the csection itself!! So far this pregnancy is going great I’m monitored for uterine rupture so they have me doing frequent ultrasounds to check the thickness etc but overall you’ll be fine! I’m 33!

I was 35 on my 3rd section which was a surprise baby it went ok but I was advised no more for reasons medical for me, just put faith in the team sweetheart you & baby are going to be fine & healthy & older siblings are going to love helping you… Make the most of it until the first dirty nappy happens!!! :relaxed: Xx

My niece has had 4 c-sections & she did fine.

My daughter just had her 5th c-section she is done having kids now after 5

My daughter in law and 4 c sections with no problems. Everyone healthy.

I had 3 c - sections with an ex who was as useful as tits on a turtle. If you can preplan and freeze some meals that puts you ahead of the game. Depending on the ages of your other children can assign them ways to help around the house and maybe specific, special to just them ways of helping with the baby. Perhaps speak to your OB/GYN about ensuring this section is stitched aid your muscles

2 Likes

Mom of 4 Csections here! I was in the same boat… totally surprised & STRESSED. It all went really well and the hospital staff really got me thru it. Lean on them!! They will do everything they can to make it easy if you voice your worries early on. Remember to walk walk walk right after surgery. You’ll do great :+1:

Also I had minimal scar tissue, they went thru my previous scar. It was the easiest recovery.

2 Likes

I had 3 c sections in 4.5 years and my last one was 10 days before I turned 40. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Ive had 4, tbh the more you have the longer the recovery but the 4th for me was a lot more painful as i was also sterilised at the same time. Prepare lots and get as much help in as ya can :slight_smile:

1 Like

My very Catholic mother-in-law had six, from early 1950’s to early 60’s. She made it thru but I really don’t have details. I suspect that they are easier now than then!

1 Like

I had my 3rd c-section at 40 years old. You got this, mama!

2 Likes

Just add a zipper after this one to make things easier on everyone

2 Likes

All these comments are giving me hope of having 2 more kids via cesarean :heart::crossed_fingers:t4:

I had 4 csections pregancy was a little harder during my last trimester I was 39… my OB decided to not go through my old incision due to scar tissue went a few inches above… no issues otherwise you’ll do just fine mama!

I know someone who had 6 csections and the doctor told her that basically if she keeps having them she can possibly lose her life idk how true it is …but I heard it’s very painful to keep getting csections the scar tissue build up is no joke

2 Likes

I had three and had my tubes tied because the Dr said my uterus was thin and the scar tissue was bad. I just didn’t want to chance it.

How was the pregnancy a total surprise? You do know how one becomes pregnant, right? If you participate in this behavior, how could you be surprised?

3 Likes

4th? Only allowed 3 in uk. Too much scar tissue and weakness they say.

𝖨 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅, 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖨 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖬𝗋 soway Harry 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝗁is 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝖺𝗇𝖽 i 𝗋𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗂𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝖺 𝗉𝖺𝗒 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗆𝗒 𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋 5𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌. 𝖣𝗈𝗇’𝗍 𝗌𝗄𝗂𝗉 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗈 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖻𝖾 𝖺 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝗉𝗉𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗁im 𝖽𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗂𝗀𝗇 𝗎𝗉 𝗍𝗈 𝗁er 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀.
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗁im 𝗏𝗂𝖺 him name 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗈𝗐
:writing_hand::writing_hand::writing_hand::writing_hand:

Soway Harry

𝖨 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅, 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖨 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖬𝗋 soway Harry 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝗁is 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝖺𝗇𝖽 i 𝗋𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗂𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝖺 𝗉𝖺𝗒 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗆𝗒 𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋 5𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌. 𝖣𝗈𝗇’𝗍 𝗌𝗄𝗂𝗉 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗈 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖻𝖾 𝖺 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝗉𝗉𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗁im 𝖽𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗂𝗀𝗇 𝗎𝗉 𝗍𝗈 𝗁er 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀.

Soway Harry

Soway Harry

Why do you think you will have a c-section?

1 Like

Just had my 4th section in April there … no issues :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

Just take your time and be kind to yourself on the other side :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congrats! Xx

Dena DuMond Daugherty you had 4… correct?

Be more responsible…

2 Likes

It wont be diff than the last 3.

Nancy Marr Nancy go get your self a life…
You dont have the right to question anyone.
Keep your condsendening arrogance and go elsewhere

4 Likes

Just had my 5th baby at 39 via c-section and had tubal done as well I wont lie it was the most pain I’ve experienced and the after birth pains as well. I’m on day 6 and I’m getting there it’s going to be a big recovery but she’s worth all the pain. I have older kids too that have been amazing helping and adoring there sister :heartpulse:

Not me, but my mom had her 6th c-section at 39 in 2000 (14 years between me and the youngest) she seemed to recover pretty well and didn’t seem to have any issues.

I just has my 4th at 37, I didn’t have any issues. Just the normal csection stuff. Don’t worry it will go great. I had the exact same feelings about mine.

I had my 4th c/s at 38. And had my tubes tied during procedure. No issues. Recovery was easier in my opinion because i knew what to expect.

May want them to tie your tubes while they’re in there

My 4th was by far the. Most painful!!! I must of had a ton of scar tissue but the Dr did cut the scar tissue away and gave me a nice new smile down there lol :rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I also had tubes tied after 4th so that could account for it being the most painful one yet!!