I am nervous to tell my husband that I am pregnant

Positive pregnant test this am (4). Still haven’t told hubby- he never said “no” to one more (have 3yr girl) but not for a while. Here we are anxious and worried.

92 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am nervous to tell my husband that I am pregnant - Mamas Uncut

I would just tell him. He had a part in making that baby too so he can’t blame you.

15 Likes

If he didn’t want anymore babies then he should have taken the necessary precautions.

16 Likes

Things happen sometimes, I’m sure it will be fine, congratulations :two_hearts:

100% of pregnancies result from a mans :droplet:

Jokes lol

7 Likes

Congratulations :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

My fiancé didn’t want another child in the house and felt that my daughter (3 years old) from a previous marriage was enough.
I got pregnant, was literally unexpected.
He found out himself, I didn’t even tell him, because he checked my internet search history.
He was upset for a while, blamed me for a while.
Then after some time to get used to the idea, he became very excited about the little one on the way.
Now our baby girl is 3 weeks old and he’s besotted. Don’t be afraid.
He’s not going to take it well for a short while and then you’ll both be happy about it.

2 Likes

Just tell him. He has to know it’s always a possibility it’s arranged by design lol. Congratulations

Just kinda bring it up and see what he has to say if he’s negative about it I’d wait a while at least till the danger parts over so it’s not to much stress

I think if he didn’t want kids then he should get fixed or pull out, he has to know what happens when he blows is load in you. I honestly think your husband will be super excited/happy if you told him your pregnant. Do one of those reveals that women do to tell the boyfriend/husband that their expecting, you see them on youtube or here on facebook. Or buy yourself an tshirt thats says bun in the oven, mug that says new addition coming soon or an tshirt for your daughter that says promotion to big sister or something like that!! Good luck mommy, not that you need luck but you got this girl! Everything will be alright!!!

5 Likes

I’m excited for you. You’re daughter will have a brother or sister to grow up with. Just tell him.

4 Likes

Being pregnant is a blessing! I know it can as a shock to some husbands and you might get that, but it’s ok, He should be happy, give him time . Maybe you’re worrying yourself too much, abs he might do the opposite then what you are expecting. You never know until you do it. Good luck! And don’t wait too long to tell him.

2 Likes

If your scared to tell you husband your pregnant you need to re-evaluate your entire marriage. The baby isn’t the issue. Congratulations though.

21 Likes

He knew what could happen!!

3 Likes

Like a band aid. Rip it off. Tell him.

1 Like

Why be afraid? He had just as much to do with it as you did! So if he is upset it can be with himself…:thinking:

10 Likes

Takes two to tango so he shouldnt be too surprised…

No birth control is 100%.
He needs to realize that before you tell him. I’m sure he will be excited.
God bless y’all and congratulations :tada:.

1 Like

Tell him asap…that’s good news…!!! If he’s a good man he’ll be excited!

1 Like

You should not be nervous, he is the one to blame for the pregnancy :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You seriously can’t talk to your own husband? :rofl::woman_facepalming: dear lord.

5 Likes

Just tell him. It’ll be ok :blush:. He may be excited to hear it!

You didn’t get pregnant yourself.

13 Likes

You surely didn’t get pregnant all by yourself, That’s a chance you take when you have intercourse. Tell him about the bees and the birds

4 Likes

You never know, maybe he was secretly trying to get you pregnant…:woman_shrugging:t2: there are some who do, do that. Lol good luck & congrats! Y’all are married. Shit happens so he shouldn’t be to upset. Maybe tell him in a creative way. Like gifting him the tests in a wrapped box or something.

Spill it lady! Can’t hide it forever!

1 Like

Well ya see, he chose to have sex.

You must be a good mother if God has blessed you with another pregnancy. I am happy for you. It took me 9 years to get pregnant, we adopted one and eventually had 2 biological children. You cannot imagine how happy we were and he was such a good father.

1 Like

Share your news don’t stress not good for you :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

He didn’t say no either if he didn’t use protection and knew you wasn’t on birth control. You shouldn’t stress alone. You didn’t do anything different than he did

7 Likes

Who are you married to that you can’t talk to them. Yikes

7 Likes

Ma’am please Drop the act you’re nervous and scared and worried and anxious to tell your husband that you’re pregnant ???I’m pretty sure both of you knew that y’all weren’t using protection when you were smashing rt??? and there’s no reason why you should be anxious and worried about your own husband unless you have a good reason to ??? elaborate where we can answer accordingly or … lol :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Well, Sweetie, you’ve got awhile before the baby comes. He’ll have time to get used to the idea. So, the sooner you tell him, the better. And you never know… he may take it better than you think.

2 Likes

Hell make it even better. Give him a early Father’s Day gift with a ultrasound pic.

He gonna find out anyway
So just tell him
How bad can it be

As someone that feared telling my husband that I was pregnant… He is now my ex-husband.
It took me WAY TOO LONG to come to terms with the fact that my husband made everything out to be the fault of someone other than himself… And this was not a healthy relationship.
My son is a birth control baby. When I told him I was pregnant he didn’t take it well…
He got over it, but it was a difficult pregnancy (much like my pregnancy with our daughter), and he always found fault.
That baby is now 13 and my daughter is 18 next week. I left their dad in late 2010. It took a long time to repair myself… I’m actually still a work in progress.

If you can’t tell your partner important details in life without fear of their response… They’re not your partner.

16 Likes

If you were both not taking precautions I really wouldn’t worry about by yourself, he was there and knows consequences of his own participation in the process. I’d just wrap up the tests and give him a father’s day gift…wither early or wait til the actual day

2 Likes

Contraception is not 100 %. If he didn’t want another child he should have got the snip.
Just tell him.

8 Likes

Hubby knows what makes a baby :upside_down_face: so if he gets mad remind him of that.

10 Likes

Well that didn’t happen alone. Now I’d tell him so he has enought time to decide what’s he’s going to do

2 Likes

It takes two to make a baby

2 Likes

If you’re just nervous, that’s one thing, the question is - are you scared? If you are scared then please know you may not be in a safe situation and might really need to think about that.

5 Likes

Well .it’s his doing too,lol.

5 Likes

If he didn’t want more he should have gotten snipped.

8 Likes

Just tell him. You may be working yourself up over it more than necessary. If he’s not dumb then he knows that having sex with or without prevention can lead to pregnancy.

“He said no” but did he do anything to prevent it???

7 Likes

Just tell him. If he was that worried about having another kid so soon he wouldn’t leave his sperm where eggs live

1 Like

I am sorry, maybe it is my age, But when did wife’s/women get anxious or worried with telling their husbands or SO’s about things, including being pregnant??? I feel if this is a situation that one feels this way, the marriage or living situation sucks

15 Likes

Be very excited to tell him. He was probably excited to have sex.

Grandma always said if you can put his d!@k in your mouth you can tell him your pregnant… unless it’s not his… it take 2 to make a baby… he coul have pulled out :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

You should tell him today.

Just take a deep breath, and tell him. And Cat is 100% correct!

1 Like

Last Month i get paid over $ 19785 w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 20489 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

===> https://workingjobs33.netlify.app/

All you can do is tell him mama. How he takes it is how he takes it. If you are choosing not to abort, then he’ll have to prepare to be a father for a second time. If you put baby up for adoption or choose to keep it…no matter the path you choose…Dad will have to know typically.

3 Likes

He was a part of the moment right? He can’t complain.

4 Likes

You got to tell him. Just do it and he will be happy. I hope yall have a happy healthy baby.

Did he use a condom? If not, he has no reason to be upset.

11 Likes

It’s been 3 years since you’ve had your first. That’s awhile to some. Also if y’all aren’t preventing a pregnancy, it’s bound to happen. If he doesn’t understand that then idk what to say. You need to tell him soon. The longer you wait the more anxious you’ll get, and that’s no good for you or the baby. Best wishes.

10 Likes

You both know how babies happen and he’s an active participant in the act so unless he was doing something to actively prevent pregnancy he shouldnt be getting upset. Tell the man. I can’t imagine being fearful of telling my husband something. That’s not healthy.

14 Likes

Write a note that says “not COVID” and leave it with the note on the bathroom counter and a nip of whiskey :joy:

8 Likes

If you guys were not doing anything to prevent it then he has no reason to be mad.

9 Likes

Children are blessings from God​:pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Unless you were lying about taking birth control or something… I’m sure he knows how it happened and can’t be that surprised :grin:

8 Likes

My man was scared when I told him I was pregnant. This will be my second child but is his first. When I had a feeling I was pregnant, I told him I think I need to get a pregnancy test because my boobs are really sore and I have been a tad emotional and would like to ease my mind instead of just wondering. He went out and bought me 2 tests and then he was obvi the first person I told after I took the test. He was scared at first and now I’m 6 months pregnant with a baby girl and he is sooo excited!
If you are scared to tell him, suggest going to get a test and taking it together. Best of luck! And congrats!

I don’t see why your nervous. He’s the one that goes inside you…he should know what that does lol

8 Likes

He’s your husband. Tf

4 Likes

Why are you so upset? So you have one child already. Can you afford another child? Seems to me that you are worrying about nothing. Just tell him. You might be surprised. I am also glad that you are married and are creating a real family environment.

4 Likes

There’s a baby formula shortage

1 Like

You didn’t make the baby alone……

2 Likes

It took 2 to tango… he knows how to make a baby and did it anyway.

4 Likes

It’s not your fault lol
It takes 2

5 Likes

Takes two to tango :tipping_hand_woman:t3: you didn’t make this baby by yourself :woman_shrugging:t3: he needs to understand that things happen even if you’re on birth control and used condoms

4 Likes

Maybe someday they’ll have a home test that the man can pee on to see if he’s gonna be a whiney flake when he finds out the sex he enjoys sometimes has long term effects

1 Like

Congrats he shoulda wrapped it up then

1 Like

Don’t be worried, he should know how this all works, and if you weren’t protecting yourself, he should have been protecting his.

1 Like

I would go to the doctor first and get an actual blood test to get 100% confirmation.

Were you using protection? Was he? If you weren’t sure about him wanting another child you also should have protected yourself. If he didn’t want a child now, he should have protected himself until he was ready or after you both had a conversation about expanding the family….

Either way, get 100% confirmation to see how far along are you. Think about how you would like to tell him (I told mine right after I went to the OB “hey, doctor said I’m 12 weeks pregnant” - I didn’t have a good marriage so I didn’t care about his reaction or what he thought)

Should he not want a child now and you do then that’s a whole other conversation you both need to have. Should he want it and you don’t, that’s also a conversation you both need to have…

Also, it’s not like it a random guy, it’s your husband….

Been their I found out I was pregnant again at my six week check up with nunber 3 :dizzy_face::sob: I was so scared and just so many emotions I thank god everyday for him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:t2: mind you I wasn’t absolutely not in an position to have another baby financial physically emotionally you name it my marriage was struggling when I found out I just didn’t know what to do !!fear doesn’t even beginning to explain the feelings I was going threw i contemplated aborting and now I cry when I even think about what I would have done :sweat: god seriously worked miracles in my family life what was impossible !!! :warning: an understatement became possible my life is better now then ever before and I can’t even begging to list all the miracles that happened one after the other when I prayed and asked god for his help ! I seriously have no option and was backed against a wall no wear to turn and he opened door that didn’t even exists before please god I thank him ever say no way to explain it just miracles

Everything happens for a reason congratulations!

BE happy remind him it takes 2 to have the results you have .

2 Likes

Just tell him. He will be ecstatic

1 Like

Be happy… you didn’t do this all by yourself. And that child might grow to be the one who helps and loves you the most. I have one of those. Wouldn’t trade him for the world.

3 Likes

If he says no, you know what to do!!! ( put his stuff on side walk) and enjoy ur baby) :baby:

6 Likes

We’ll, the longer you wait, the madder he’s going to be. He deserves to know. The baby is coming either way?

1 Like

Alittle late to worry about it …
You must have wanted another or you wouldn’t have had unprotected sex .
Unless the condom broke …
Regardless…
Best wishes …
I’m sure your husband has a good job and you can afford another mouth to feed…

All 3 of my kids are 2 years 18 days apart

3 years is a great age gap. That’s great. Congratulations!!! :confetti_ball::tada:

2 Likes

He had a part in making that baby.

3 Likes

It takes two and sometimes birth control can fail (if y’all were using any). It happens and the only thing you both can do is be there for each other. Don’t hide it!

2 Likes

It is nice to have the kids close together in age. 3 years is not too soon, Congrats. xx

1 Like

I mean… What’s he gonna do…he’s your husband. You’re a family, he may whine and pout for a minute but he’ll have to accept it or he’s an idiot🤷

6 Likes

It should be exciting. No worries. If he loves you he’ll love the news even if he wasn’t ready for it.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time worrying. Talk about it. Make decisions

Congratulations!!! Our best and biggest blessings come when we least expect them. My son is my breathe. I wouldn’t change a minute

He will probably be thrilled. As you should be. It’s a blessing.

Tell him it will be ok, sometimes things just have a way of happening. I’m sure he wasn’t complaining during the fun part.

Oh that’s exciting! I think he will be thrilled. 3 yrs difference is a good gap! If he is unhappy etc. You know what to do and it’s NOT the baby. Best of luck.

just go ahead and tell him , it will be okay

Just tell him… Realise that he has a right to know and you both have a responsibility… Congratulations :balloon::clap:… If you don’t want it… it’s your body your choice

Well he knows how to make babies so if yall did then he can’t be mad.