I am not comfortable with my body around my husband: Advice?

I have been in a relationship for 17 years with my significant other. He takes offense because I am not at ease with my body around him. I have three children for this man; the eldest is 15. I was in love with my body even after having our first child; 7 years ago, I had my daughter, and my body went through some changes that I disliked. I put on weight, and my breast got larger. Which I am not a fan of (big boobs). I even got some marks on my skin that I don’t like. So it’s been very difficult for me to love myself as I did. My self-esteem has dropped so much. He doesn’t understand this and says that he and I have been together for so long, and how could I love him if I am not comfortable with him. Do any of you still hide or feel insecure about your body after being with someone for so long, or is it just me? Advice, please!!!

135 Likes

Married 12 yrs (4 kids later) and I do not like him looking at me undressing or in the light. I gained weight which to me isn’t that big of a deal but my mommy belly (it looks like I’m three months prego ) and stretch marks make me feel not my best.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am not comfortable with my body around my husband: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I’ve only been married for 2.5 years and been with him since '15 I’m not at all comfortable with my body around my husband unless I’m pregnant

1 Like

Get into counseling for you alone and also couples

i do this too :grimacing:
13 years
2 kids

I’ve been with my husband for almost 10 years. I had 3 kids when we got together but I loved my body at that time. We have added 3 kids and im not the biggest fan of the way I look. He is constantly telling me that he loves my body though and that im beautiful. He says he wishes I could see what he does. It sucks sometimes but he tries his hardest to make me feel beautiful

9 Likes

Just know he loves your body. Once you’re more open, the confidence will swoop in.

3 Likes

Look into getting a Mommy Makeover if you think that will make you feel better. Have you tried to work out with a trainer at the gym?

1 Like

Yes I’ve been with my husband for 17 years married going on 14. I hate him seeing my naked gives me so much anxiety

2 Likes

I don’t like mine touching my belly and that one place he always cuddles or trys to touch. I had 5 kids so it’s just a little belly fat that won’t budge. But we all have places we hate on our body when we do the deed I just make sure my top is covering my fat ass belly so he don’t c it wobbling away for :rofl::rofl:

I constantly feel self conscious about my body. That’s because it was my grandma that made me feel that way. I’ve been with my guy for almost five years

17 years, 3 kids and I’m the same way momma … He compliments me all day long and most times I just want to gag… Sometimes I hide my belly during sex 🤷 it’s really just my belly I don’t like.

I feel fat because I have out on weight after losing all the weight after our 2nd child, but my husband lets me know that he loves me and desires me no matter what. I still plan to lose weight, but I am much more comfortable around him knowing that he loves me and finds me attractive regardless

Oh, mama, you sound so much like myself. My husband of 18 yrs says the same thing. I have many intimacy issues and trust issues that stem from my past. He says I shouldn’t have any of these issues with him because he’s my husband and it has been so long etc. but I CANT control the insecurities and issues. Regardless of how hard I’ve tried. It’s not just you.

1 Like

I don’t care what my husband says, no one sees this body naked!

1 Like

Married 20 years. I have a 19, 17 and 7yr old. Took me a long time to be proud of my body. I would definitely suggest counseling.

4 Likes

He loves you for YOU, exactly as you are, embrace it hunni :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was 130kgs, now 80kgs, my husband loved me regardless. Be kind to yourself :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Been with my husband for 25 years, I was 115lbs when we met now I’m like 185 and I refuse to be naked in front of him.

4 Likes

You are not alone, 12 yrs into this and I do not like it hen he looks at me as I’m undressing.

Start love yourself.if you don’t love it . body responding very badly.so stop emigeatly

I’m in the same boat, been married almost 22 years, we have 8 kids together (24,22,20,19,16,12,8 and 3) and I hate the way I look. My husband tells me how beautiful I am but I definitely disagree. The saggy breastfeeding boobs, the pouch I can’t get rid of due to 4 c-sections and the wrinkles I’m starting to get. I cry sometimes when I look at myself so I completely understand , my insecurities run deep :cry::heart:

I have 4 kids. At this point if I can’t be comfortable then why are we together… I don’t mind the marks or scars or even the lil Belly. If he don’t like it then he is just a selfish shallow person. If it’s an issue and he is telling you he wants you to be comfortable then you shouldn’t care what anyone else might think or the way u might perceive your self…I’m sure if he didn’t want to see it he would not ask or tell you to be comfortable he would just ignore the topic altogether.
Let him love you. quit making a problem where there ain’t one… my husband liked me better after 2 kids than none bc gave me a lil thickness. Every one’s likes and sexyness is different.if he is saying he is attracted to you without you asking everytime your naked then listen he is most likely being genuine… Love yourself.

5 Likes

I’ve been in one 11 year relationship and one 5. In the first I was never comfortable, in the current I am (mostly, I’m still kind of prudish by nature). But my husband has always taken time to make me feel comfortable.

Also I take medication for anxiety now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Invest in a waist training corset, you won’t regret it

Start exercising and getting active might make you feel better, unless your husband has been putting you down I totally understand why he is questioning you :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

After i had our daughter i didn’t care he seen it all lol

3 Likes

My fiance is the only person im 100% comfortable around naked. I can be nude with no fear and I’m damn near 300 lbs, pancake tits from breastfeeding 2 kids, and my stomach is covered in scars from multiple surgeries.

Hun he knows what you look like inside and out. Get over it because at this point I fully understand why he is getting offended.

you can start working out… it might help you feel comfortable in your own skin.

It’s actually a common characteristic among survivors of sexual abuse and childhood trauma. We feel internal shame… This is just one way or manifests externally.

4 Likes

As a big gal 225 lbs when I was 17, went up to 330 pounds at my heaviest (at 30 after 3 kids and in a bad marriage). I struggle to keep my weight ender 260 but my guy loves every curve every inch despite how I feel about myself he loves me and says things like he thinks I am cute. I ask glad he thinks so. Lingerie helps find styles that hide what you hate the most. Dim lights are flattering. We are too hard on ourselves if your partner says they think you are perfect just the way you are believe them that is how they feel about you. If you don’t learn to accept your body and let yourself be intimate you are hurting your partner’s feelings essentially rejecting them because of your insecurities. You do need to be open and honest about being insecure and fight though the insecurities. Do note I did not say your have to love your body but you need to accept your body changed after children and as you age.

10 Likes

I am very insecure with anyone who is not my husband. I used to be like this. But, I pushed through. He has shown me in every way of being shown that I am absolutely gorgeous! Drop dead sexy! As well as I 100% do it for him!! This is your husband. This is your safe place. Your person. Trust that he means what he says.

8 Likes

I don’t hide anymore and I still want to lose about 35 more pounds and hopefully a flatter stomach. My husband tell me every day I look beautiful and that he loves the way I look. :relaxed: so I take that into account I hope you start seeing yourself as beautiful.

1 Like

I’m not ashamed of my body but I dont do naked. Its the way I was brought up and at 62 I’m way to old to change

2 Likes

If your not happy with your body so something about it…your partner can only be understanding for so long. Because he doesn’t see it how u see it and later he might think u are not attracted to him

1 Like

I feel it’s a bit rough that this makes him question your love for him, he needs to realise that it’s not about your love for him but your love for yourself and be supportive in any way that he can. Him playing the victim isn’t helpful.

5 Likes

Yes I did until he told me I shouldn’t because he loved me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I do. I know exactly how you feel. And the people who have laugh reacted at this post need to grow up and realise not everyone is the same or as secure as others.

7 Likes

Those stripes are tiger stripes and you are beautiful having babies is the most beautiful thing in the world, take that body and show it off

3 Likes

I’ve had 2 kids and currently pregnant with my 3rd. My husband and I have only been together for 2 years. He fell in love with my body after I had already had 2 kids. Pooch, stretch marks all over, and all. I have never felt more comfortable before. I have always had body image issues, but all that seems to go away with him.

3 Likes

Um he is still in love with your body.

I hate.my body as well after having my 3 yr old. And my S/O loves it and I tried working out and was asked to stop because he loves my body for what it’s gone through (3 other kids that aren’t his)

1 Like

I agree with your so

1 Like

Our body changes so much after kids so it just takes time to love yourself. He is still very much attracted to you. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

8 Likes

get a different husband

3 Likes

Diet and exercise. look into breast reduction surgery and there are quality creams that can reduce the appearance of stretch marks.

3 Likes

I’m exactly the same around my partner, we’ve been together 10 years and I still try to hide certain parts of my body when naked. He said pretty much the same as your husband and that he wouldn’t be here if he didn’t like it. I have been working out more and eating better, I’m not seeing a drastic change like I did before but just knowing that I’m trying my best gives me a bit of ease. You definitely need to learn to love yourself more. I know it sounds cliche and probably heard it a lot but you do. It’s a massive confidence boost just knowing that your husband still finds you attractive and doesn’t think like you do.
Like the lady said above
Try a few sexy outfits/lingerie, even if it’s just you that sees them for now to see how you feel.

Firstly the fact that he’s still keen, and doesn’t understand means he finds you attractive, so that’s the first win. (He’s just got a man brain that can’t comprehend these types of self esteem issues)

It does however come down to how you see yourself after the sacrifice of carrying and birthing children, acceptance os really hard, but your body has done amazing things and ots important to remember that what you have now is the result of this.

If you aren’t already do things that make you more body confident, join a gym, get stronger/fitter if you feel that’s needed and notice those changes. Also dress confidently for yourself, it may require a whole wardrobe review/stylist consult. And buy yourself some sexy lingerie. If you feel amazing in your lingerie and your clothes it will help boost your self confidence elsewhere…

Sending love x

3 Likes

Aww this is really horrible to read, no one should ever feel such things about themselves your beautiful inside and out, just because you think it doesnt mean your husband will if you showed him he would shower you with compliments which will start to change the way you see yourself. If its that bad maybe both of you join a gym together that way your getting fit and doing something with your husband too. Best of luck sweetie

I was feeling uncomfortable and hated my body so I joined the gym. I feel a million times better.

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am not comfortable with my body around my husband: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I struggle with this :sob::sob:. Honestly, the only thing that has ever helped me is when I work on myself (I.e. nails, hair, working out, etc.). I think doing things for myself that feel good make the difference, it’s not what my partner says. It’s been hard to do that with COVID and stuff… I’ve gained 15 lbs and I hate myself for it. But only I can make myself feel better, so maybe find ways to love your body externally and that might help how you feel internally :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Honestly, men don’t really care what you look like. They are just happy to be with you.

5 Likes

It’s hard but if your husband loves you as you are then take him at his word, I’ve been with my SO for 9 years (friends for 9 years before that-met.when I was 15) after I had our son I was still obsessed with the scales (I hated my belly and bum) he through the scales in the bin as.it was "harming my self esteem " and tbf I’m glad he did, for the.past nearly 5 years I have no idea.what I weigh and I’m happier for it, he also said at the time that even if I did decide to loose some of the baby weight could I please keep the bum, when I’ve got down on myself over my boobs not been as perky, he reminds me my boobs are miracles that fed our son for 9 months, my belly carried him and my bum was the counterweight so I didn’t topple over (I’m only 5 foot and I put on nearly 4 stone when I was pregnant) he’ll randomly compliment me at odd times that arnt bedtime related (yesterday I was making a cup of tea and he just said “your ass looks good today” as he carried on walking past me, it takes time but he as slowly started to build up my self confidence and my comfortable levels inside the bedroom by been supportive and complimentary outside the bedroom when there is no expectations, in a rare moment of romance he reminded me that my body created, carried and sustained and then delivered life, it may look different but it was necessary to get the wonderful little boy we.have and I wouldn’t change him for the world, that’s what your body as done as.well, adapted as necessary for your children, as for stretch marks, your a tiger who earned her stripes.and they show your strength xx

7 Likes

It sounds like you’ve taken a good step which is to talk with him about it and that will help get to the bottom of it.
Wear something that makes you feel great about yourself. Whatever it is.
Start or continue things in the dark. If his motive is to make sure you feel great, even if you aren’t physically intimate, then you can count on it.
And/or in whatever setting you feel comfortable, ask him to touch you in different spots and give gentle kisses and caresses and let you know along the way that he loves and accepts each part of you, your arms, your stomach, your thighs and you are just the best. Because you are.
Also advice is to read Gary Chapman’s Love Languages book and find out you and your husband’s love languages together if your household hasn’t already done so.

The body changes after every pregnancy and birth. It is absolutely normal to not feel comfortable 100 percent. Self love is the most important thing to work on, to know that your body nurtured 3 beautiful children, is wonderful. I found that dressing and accepting my body the way it is, made me feel better. Reading about self love and learning the skills to cope, helps tremendously :heart: How to Rediscover Yourself After Becoming a Mother | The Everymom

Wow… story of my life… I loved my body til my third aswell… shes 7 now and I feel the same as you… I can’t even go clothes shopping without getting extremely upset… but only I can fix it… and same goes for you… eventually we will get unhappy enough that we will do something.

8 Likes

Been with my partner for 16 years we had a horrific year I’ll skip the details but I lost a hundred pounds I hate my body now I always thought I’d like to be smaller but I was wrong I miss my big boobs and my ass when I lay next to him I don’t even feel like me I lost it fast so at first I was all saggy and gross looked like I aged 10 years in my eyes he had an affair but when I found out stopped all contact it’s been over a year I talk to her almost daily he still refuses she had a baby a week after I found out she married while in the affair with out telling my partner he didn’t believe it was his or that she lived him but they planned a whole future together he brought her to his dad’s more than once and told her he would build her a home out in the woods she’s from his home town in the city she was so in love with the idea he broke her heart he still doesn’t believe it but I talk to her her pain and mine is very much real I have out him through hell this year …he deserved it but I am shocked that no matter what I did dating apps going out in date being unable to care for our children he has stood by and shown me more unconditional love than I ever thought he would be able to his emotional growth has astounded me anything less than the effort and love he has shown consistently and I’d wouldn’t be here but I resent him for taking my body from me my peace my smile my kids always smiling happy cleaning mom it has effected the kids more than I could have imagined the loss of my smile has hurt my babies it’s all sad…
He thinks I’m beautiful has always said I’m gorgeous I had my son at 15 gained almost 90 pounds with my 10lb 13oz baby and the stretch mark are disgusting he’s always say that’s the best part …it’s where the babies go… He waited for 9 years for me to be ready to have his kids the cheated when they were 4 and 2 smh I still can’t believe it his perception was warped he thought I didn’t love him that my complaining needing help was meant he wasn’t good enough and that I was going to leave him and the kids normal occurance in his family as soon as I broke down finding out he could see clearly and it’s been nothing but regret and every effort to right his wrongs no possible I’ll never be me again but I have to move forward wounds scars and all. Loving yourself and your body is important I’ve never felt ugly and now I truly do I’m not comfortable in my own skin I can’t walk around naked don’t want him to look at me but it’s slowly getting better as I get used to it and he reassurance help. I hope you find a way to love yourself find just a few little things you love your eemyes anything and focus on them sorry for not sparing the details…I actually spared a lot it would take days to write all that was done not sleep with me for three tmyears but drive 20 hours a week to sleep next to her at work three nights a week …he got her a job at his work we saw him 10 hours a month … he was out of work most of that summer and all fall and wither and only went back 3 days a week because he needs to be here not there 80+ hrs a week …he still works where he slept next to her…pregnant…
Ugh the years burn ladies.
Love and strength to you all

8 Likes

I gotta say I felt this after baby 2 and my husband’s tells me how beautiful I am but I don’t feel that way. I do however believe HE thinks I am and that’s enough for me I guess I actually wear clothes that you can see my stretch marks in and he is my confidence. That’s my advice just let yourself know that HE thinks you’re beautiful and nobody else matters use his love for you as confidence

6 Likes

I just got recently married! The biggest thing I was worried about after we got married was how my body will look to him. I have had 4 kids, I’m not some thin sexy body girl. I have big boobs (not a fan either),stretch marks every where, loose skin, scars, and belly flab that grosses me out. I had a very VERY hard time allowing him to see me because I didn’t want him thinking I’m suppose to be some smooth skin, perfectly proportioned woman. Come to find out, he loves my body and appreciate everything my body has gone through despite the fact that I had children previous to him. He adores me and compliments me even when I don’t feel beautiful or sexy. Allow your husband to boost your confidence and let him and believe him. If he wasn’t attracted to you I think you would truly know that and he probably wouldn’t put forth the effort to convince you. Do something for yourself to make you feel good. Even if it’s buying your self a cute nighty outfit that accents your body, getting your hair or nails done. Going for a walk or picking up a hobby that just makes you feel good about yourself and accomplished. We women beat ourselves up and think everyone wants that perfect woman they see on tv, however more often than not, our men just loves us

2 Likes

I could have written this myself. Mom of 3 here and my 3rd has just turned 4 months old. I’m the biggest I’ve ever been. Even with my first 2, I weighed less at 9 months pregnant than I do right now. I close the doors or grab clothes and go elsewhere to change and he asks why and I just…I have to. I’m with you. I get it.

Yes. Especially because my husband is very thin and younger than me.

You gotta try and let it go. I know it’s not easy. I get it, but he loves you. You’ve carried his children. He knows your body. He realizes it’s changed and he wants and loves you.

Trust me. Men care so much less about all the stuff we hate, muffin tops, stretch marks. Men don’t care. Boys might. Men have all the same marks too. They just didn’t have a baby.

Go love your husband :heartpulse:

76 Likes

I think we all have insecurities about our bodies. I truly feel the more you love someone, the more attractive they are to you. He doesn’t see the same things you see. You look at your body every day, and you know which parts make you feel insecure. Those are the parts you focus on. He most likely doesn’t see those things. When I’m struggling with body image, working out and paying more attention to what I eat helps me. I also think of everything my body does/has done for me. I’ve grown a tiny human in my body twice. That alone is amazing, and there are so many other things our bodies do for us. You’re beautiful and a total badass.:hugs:

54 Likes

If he thinks your body is fine and likes it then that is what matters to him. Short of a book job, there really isn’t much to do about that. My lady’s have went sourh

You have to take care of you! If you aren’t comfortable then you have to work on yourself. Maybe you guys could start going to the gym together or start a hobby together with a healthy lifestyle. My husband teaches martial arts to a married couple and they really enjoy it together. Have to learn to love yourself in your skin. Maybe a boudoir shoot? Good luck.

4 Likes

I feel this on a personal level. I was a body builder and now 11 months pp I am still 30 pounds heavier than I was before pregnancy. I went from a size 3 to a size 11-13 depending on the jeans. I don’t have any stretch marks but I do have the baby belly pooch now and it’s hard to look in the mirror and feel confident in what I’m seeing. But I try to say only positive things about myself and that helps. Like yes I have changes to my body but I have this amazing miracle to show for it. It works wonders and then I look at myself after and love my body if only for a split second. Every little bit helpsn

1 Like

If you don’t like the way you look then do something about it girl! Your husband may love your body but that doesn’t mean you do & that’s okay!

I’m getting a boob job next year to help with what I’m uncomfortable with(even tho my husband doesn’t care).

Do what’s gonna make YOU HAPPY. It’s your body! :white_heart:

5 Likes

It’s not uncommon for woman to become insecure after kids. I myself struggle. My advice is start working on getting into a healthy habit of learning to love your body again. Whether it be foods you eat, exercising regularly or simply working on looking at yourself in a mirror and giving yourself a positive compliment every day. Most men don’t care about the things we care about. This sounds like you need to work on you. I started working out years ago when my daughter was born (I have a 7 & 5 yr old). I love my body more now than I did before kids. If you’re unhappy with yourself, only you have the power to do something about it or change your mindset.

I have disliked my body a lot off and on through the years. Now its to the point where I cry in the fitting rooms. I used to love to shop…now, I wear oversized tshirts and leggings (my SO has finally talked me into shorts so I dont sweat my ass off… which reminds me, I also feel like I have no ass lol)…I want to do something about it but I am dealing with a lot, as I am sure all of us are, plus I suffer with multiple mental health issues. My fiancé tells me all the time he loves me no matter what because he loves who I am…but I always respond with “yeah sure.” Or an eye roll. I want to believe him but it is so hard when we dont really love ourselves. I wish I had some amazing uplifting advice like so many of these ladies. But I can tell you that you certainly aren’t alone! :yellow_heart:

If he loves you, he will love you just the way you are. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Gosh yeah. I’m 22 and have had 2 kids who are 2 years old and 7 months old and I’ve also put on weight. I’ve been with my husband for 3 almost 4 years and my self esteem has literally went to heck. I don’t even want to to be touched sometimes, honestly.

I’m working on loving my new body but it is just so hard sometimes. I’m sorry I don’t have any advice, but you aren’t alone.

I also have a history with an eating disorder in my teenage years so the changes are a little bit harder for me but I’m starting to accept it but I also want to be healthy because that’s the point of recovery but I do know if I keep eating like crap and not working out then I’ll be past the point of healthy so it’s a tight line for me to walk.

Does your husband have body flaws? He likely does. How do you feel about them? When you truly love someone, you love all of them, even their flaws.

2 Likes

Start dating again.
Pretend you don’t know each other- and go on a “first date.” Get to know each other again. It will help get those feelings flying again.
As with any first date don’t bring up kids. Just you two. Have fun. Have him drop you off and pick you up. Kiss at the end of the date. :kissing_heart: I promise it’ll help both of you fall in love again.
It’ll make you feel giddy, like someone new is interested in you… it sounds weird. But just try it.

10 Likes

Men don’t see us the way we see ourselves or them without clothes on. No matter how much your body changes, he will only see you the way you looked when he fell in love with you. His eyes may see what you look like now, but his brain does not process it the way you would think.

3 Likes

I absolutely have insecurities around my husband. My body has changed so much in the 15 years we’ve been together. I had 3 kids in 4 years, so my body had def changed and I’ve gained a lot of weight. I still love my husband dearly and hes very sweet about my body.

8 yrs together this coming Jan., will be married 6 yrs next April and I am still uncomfortable about my body around him. I know he likes girls with big butts and hips and I have no hips or butt. He still tries to help my confidence, but it just doesn’t work. Not when I know what he truly likes and thats not my body.

We are our own worst critic, what we see is not what they see, for me it’s my stomach, but my guy doesn’t have an issue he just says we’ll do something about it if your not happy, he’s right. Your husband obviously loves you he’s still attracted to you, that should make you feel good. You can’t keep telling him no because you are not happy with your body, I get it, I do.

1 Like

I can relate … I was 180 after 3 children; when I met my now fiance & we’ve had 3 kids together in 3 years (together working on 6) & at my heaviest I got to 240’ish with a twin pregnancy and a baby boy… I definitely don’t like the changes but, it’s finally starting to change. :sparkling_heart: :sparkles: as far as his understanding, he needs to try to see it from your point of view. it’s a tough predicament to be in and navigate, in my opinion.

I do but I started looking at the things my body does for me instead of how it looks. My body gets me where I need to go. My arms let me hold my love ones. Things like that. It’s not an overnight fix but it helps.

Our bodies change with age. Has nothing to do with lobing him… But accepting yourself.

Hah yeah us moms need reassurance that we are beautiful and so are our bodies. Completely normal I promise .

Find your love languages and go from there.

I have always had a 6pack on my tummy. After my first child my body went back to normal in like 2 weeks. My second child was coming out butt first and had an emergency c section. She is my miracle. No more 6 pack … I can pinch that part of my tummy and not feel it. … But we made it and we didn’t die. She is my miracle baby and I’m proud of my scar (it’s hip to hip) then I had my first and only son and I have a 0 pack… but at the end of the day I made 3 humans! Be proud of your body girl!!

1 Like

I have been with my husband 17 years also and I used to feel just like this. It caused some tension between us and it took me time but eventually I realize that what he was telling me was true and not just him telling me what I wanted to hear. Which was that he loved me and he loves my body and after all these years I should be 100% comfortable around him. And once I started believing that then I was doing a whole lot better. Now I could care less I’m not uncomfortable around him at all. And even other people now for that matter. I got to a place where I realized what other people thought of me was none of my business and I could care less if they liked what they saw or not. I have much more self esteem now and am much happier now. I hope you are able to get to a place where you feel that way too. Believe your husband when he tells you he loves you and your body.

1 Like

8 months with my bf, we live together and he still hasn’t seen me naked. I just can’t. I don’t like my body and I have a child from a previous marriage

You need to relax on your self
If this men loves you the way you are, you just been hard on yourself
As mum of two
I always been insecure about my body and it’s why I don’t go swimming in two piece swimsuit
But this is me, and no men can change it, but they lived with it
Other than that
I’m ok

I’m the same as you, he shouldn’t take it personal and if he was a woman he would understand but he’s not

If you’re unhappy with your body then do something about it. Tone yourself and start walking.

I was born with my stomach disconnected from my esophagus, so I had to deal with being uncomfortable with my body before I hit puberty. I was bullied in elementary for being a nerd and body shamed in middle school. My mom reminded me constantly to lose weight when I was 13. My dad disowned me at the age of 2. I was diagnosed with depression by the time I was 15. Had several unhealthy relationships & 2 healthy babies. I just grew more depressed til I just couldn’t look in the mirror anymore. So I left my 1st sons dad. Finally met my husband, had my 2nd and immediately realized I had body dysmorphia. I don’t think I EVER loved my body even AFTER I lost 59lbs. It didn’t change how I felt. My husband says he loves me like this but I don’t believe him because I think he can do better. I’m so mentally fucked up, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to cheat on me but I’m not saying he would.

Thankfully I don’t hate myself compared to 3 years ago. I wear clothes that I wouldn’t have worn before. I do things out of my comfort zone to empower myself.

It takes time, a long time but be consistent and make it your goal.

1 Like

Start working out and taking care of yourself. If you don’t like you no one else is

8 Likes

If this man is telling you he loves you after all these years and 3 kids and after all these years yes face those fears and let him love you. That will not happen until you love yourself first. Having babies are hard and going through the emotional changes are even harder but I promise you if he is good to you and treats you right let him love you. Keep your head up. Your a strong mother and without seeing you I am pretty sure your beautiful as is.

3 Likes

Maybe try telling him you’re not comfortable with yourself and that it has nothing to do with how much you love him. If you’re not comfortable with yourself then you’re not gonna be comfortable with anyone. Period. You gotta start taking care if yourself honestly. If you don’t like you then you have to want to change that.

I’ve only been with mine for 4 years. I’ve given him a beautiful little girl and she’s my second child. I gained a lot of weight when i had my first child (6 years before meeting my current partner). I have a lot of self esteem issues but my boyfriend doesn’t make me self conscious really. I enjoy being naked in front of him. He makes me feel wanted while not being overly sexual. I’m comfortable with him and I’ve grown used to this.

Honestly, sounds like he loves your body. Guys like big boobs and as for the rest, he’s probably not even looking as much as just wanting more action. Guys pay less attention to looks than we give them credit for. Plus, I’m sure all he sees is a beautiful body that gave him his children.

Buy some flattering lingerie together so it covers the bits you don’t like .

If that man loves me…I don’t truly care too much but I definitely need that reassurance

Yep and he doesn’t understand it either

It’s not just you, I feel the same way about my body after gaining weight so fast after being really skinny my whole life and I also have 3 kids that took a toll on my body. I have stretch marks all over my body. There are products that you can buy that fades stretch marks, your doctor might be able to give you advice on what works best for stretch marks. You need to do what will make you feel better about your body, I hope this doesn’t come off wrong or that I’m being rude… I have been struggling with my weight for a long time no matter what I did trying to lose weight I stayed at the same weight for years. if you are self conscious of your weight you are the only one that can change that. I’m sure you’re pretty active having 3 kids, I know I am lol but adding some exercise or work out routines to your day, walking, eating healthy, portion control and keeping track of your calorie intake will help. My doctor suggested that I meet with a nutritionist to help me with losing weight and eating healthier I was skeptical at first but I’m glad that I did now that I’m seeing progress even if it’s a little bit it’s a start. As far as the situation with your husband…you could have a conversation with him to explain that you being uncomfortable with your body around him doesn’t have anything to do with your love for him that you are self conscious about your body and that because you have low self-esteem you feel like he might feel differently about you after the changes your body has made. Be honest & tell him how you feel. If he truly loves you he will support you & be right by your side through it all. Do what’s best for yourself & will make you happy.

Omg I’m like 268lbs and Idfag about my weight. I love my body. Get the f over it! Life is too short to be worrying about shit like this!!! Seriously :roll_eyes: