I am pregnant and my boyfriend makes comments about how much I eat: Thoughts?

Sounds like he’s just being light hearted and joking… This is the only time where you can eat all day and not get judged so just own it… Say hell yeh I’m eating again, your child is starving… When I have seconds of dinner my partner high fives me and says good girl, you make sure you feed my baby… Take it in your stride…

1 Like

Emotions are high during pregnancy… he probably doesnt realise it bothers you, time to be an adult and let him know and maybe he will keep the comments to himself from then on ! Or maybe help him understand how much fuel it takes to grow a human… it’s not easy!!

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion but stop being so sensitive :joy::joy: I’m 6 months also and my bf does the exact same thing. You can’t control your appetite and you both know it. Let it go in one ear and out the other. I’m sure he isn’t doing it to hurt your feelings.

2 Likes

Seems like he’s just joking and your feeling super sensitive. Just speak up and tell him you don’t like it :woman_shrugging:t2: or try and laugh it off and crack a joke back.

If I was in your position, I’d give it right back. Tell him to educate himself on being a new parent, healthy pregnancies, and healthy relationships. Don’t let him walk all over you. “Jokes are suppose to be funny”… If all else fails, try couples counseling. I’d also make him go to a child development class. All of us eat more when we’re pregnant. Don’t let him know it’s okay to treat you like that! Best of luck mama :heart:

1 Like

Just start saying stuff like “hell yea dude big girl got to eat” or “didnt you know I’m eating for two” I dunno I have gained some weight here recently and I’m not prego and my man was making jokes like that at me I started that it made me feel better and he finally stopped and had embraced my extra pounds now lol

Straight up tell him those jokes would be funny if my hormones were not overboard so if you can refrain from making fun of the carrier of your spawn id stop.

3 Likes

Tell him if he doesnt like it then next time wear a condom. If not STFU or you’ll eat his ass too!

That’s not cool, but speak to him sometime men couver up their feelings of being worried with humour. But that don’t make how he is reacting right. girl im 13weeks and didn’t lose my college weight before finding out and gained about 40 in two years and my husband never made a single complaint, I completely complain alot and he offers go gym after and supports me, you need to establish that kind of behaviour isn’t necessary and that if he has an issue you guys can speak about It,

Start making those comments at him see what he sais. If he dont get it I would cuss him out.

Why is he your boyfriend and not your husband? It’s clear he has no respect for you. Why are you with someone who doesn’t respect you and for goodness sake, why are you having a child with him?

4 Likes

Just be like yeah and???

My son is 11 months and EVERYONE still picks at me about how much I ate while pregnant. I find it hilarious because I really would eat all the time if I could.

1 Like

Tell him to shut the hell up. It’s insensitive and a dick move. Don’t ignore it, he will keep doing it.
Shit like that is why for the longest time… I skipped meals… (I’m 6 months too!)

A punch to the face usually works quickly and effectively, try following this up with “i was joking” or laughter and see what happens :joy:

5 Likes

Go off on him sweetheart. Cry. Let it out. Show him how much it bothers you. If hes as supportive as you say then he will feel terrible and stop

2 Likes

Honestly, i get it bothering you but your hormones during pregnancy are all over the place. I used to make fun of myself during my pregnancy. I had no morning sickness and ate constantly- gained 60lbs. Just gotta laugh through the tears hunny. Genuinely doesn’t sound like he’s trying to be rude or inconsiderate.

“To you it may just be a joke, but I am taking it to heart and I really need you to stop.”

Just go ahead and eat all the food :woman_shrugging: if he asks where blah blah blah has gone, just say you ate it already :rofl:

1 Like

Punch him in the nuts and say get over it.
Pop off on him and loose it then he will know how much it hurts you. Let him know how much it hurts you

2 Likes

Wait until he’s feeding a teenager. Lol. Brush it off. Eat that cake darling. And if he makes a remark, eat him!

2 Likes

A) your hormonal, he probably has no clue how much its hurting you. B) You can gain too much weight during pregnancy, so just be cautious of how much you are eating and that its healthy for you and babe. (I’m sure your doing fine!) C) Tell him to shut up or you may eat him!

2 Likes

Throat punch him. Smh I’m pregnant and eat everything in site every five minutes.

Tell him the next thing youll bite on will hurt. And leave it at that. Lol

2 Likes

You’re pregnant. Maybe you’re being a little sensitive it’s not like he’s calling you fat . Just tell him the joke bothers you . I’m on the same boat I can’t stop eating. I’m due in June . Just tell him how you feel. If he’s mean after tell him kiss my ass . That’s all

Ide probably kick my partner in the face if he was picking on me eating heaps while pregnant :joy: first of all as if you aren’t going through enough changes and enough insecurities without him pointing out everytime you eat… you are feeding 2 so normally you’ll have a meal then 10 mins later be hungry again because your baby’s just eaten everything and it’s time for YOU to eat :woman_shrugging:t3:
I would tell him to back off and it may be funny if you weren’t so hormonal and going through so many changes but it just isn’t funny :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Tell him shut the F up or hes next.

I would make him feel bad and bawl my eyes out :joy: your hormonal sooo show him how hormonal you can be lol

Stop eating… it’s been proven you only need an extra 200-300 calories per day when pregnant. Stay healthy mumma :pray:

6 Likes

I get people asking advice for things on here… but TOO MANY OF YOU (including this post) ask for advice for things you shouldn’t need advice for in adulthood.

You tell him it bothers you. That’s it. You communicate with him. Communication is KEY in any relationship, and you’re about to have a child together, communication should be strong.

4 Likes

Don’t let it bother you babe! The hormones are the reason it’s so upsetting I think but as a lot of the other ladies said “Scream, Cry, let it be known that it upsets you” lol I’d always use the “I’m pregnant”excuse to get away with a lot of my tantrums :woman_facepalming::joy::joy::kissing_heart: Keep on eating hun; gotta eat for two! :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Tell him to stop being a prick, im currently pregnant as well n babys dad doesnt even try to get smart cause il turn around and tell him to shut the fuck up and make him feel bad lol

Do what I did when my husband then boyfriend said I should be on the table with an Apple in my mouth bunch him in the head and make him fly out of the chair on to the floor he never said anything like that again even when I was pregnant with our second one

2 Likes

If it’s bothering you that much, sit down and have a serious talk with him. Explain to him how it makes you feel. If he continues to do it after that, I would start ignoring him. Plain as day just act like he doesnt exist and you never hear him. He’ll get the point after long. If he gets mad about it, however, that IS toxic and I would start rethinking my relationship.

2 Likes

Your pregnant, eat what you want and damm what he says.
Tell him to bugger off or leave the room if it bothers him, he sounds like a right snowflake, sorry but your growing a person therefore get hungry and fast!
Just throw sandwiches at him untill he goes away and if he doesn’t a quick kick to his crown jewels will work a treat

X

2 Likes

Fuck him. My mom made stupid comments when I was eating while pregnant too. It didn’t fucking work out for her. I was a bitch to her the rest of the pregnancy.

Oops meant Punch him in the head

Since mostly everyone is resulting to violence, slice his throat. Violence is the key to everything. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Tell him to shut up or you will stab him with a fork. But warn him if you do, you will try to take a bite. Ya know since he’d be on ya fork.

2 Likes

Just tell him off. Say all the things. You can blame pregnancy hormones later if you want. Lol

1 Like

Why are you in the kitchen all day and night? Maybe check with your OB. I mean even though people feed for two when pregnant doesn’t mean a person is supposed to eat 2 times the amount of food. Unless you aren’t eating a proper amount in one meal, then it would make sense. Not enough facts here to make an opinion on how you should maybe handle this situation.

5 Likes

You do you and eat i would of been upset and hurt too. You just don’t say that at all. Fucking eat him too for being a fucking dumbass

Hit him over the head with a pan :joy::joy::joy:, eat him :joy::joy::joy: have a good cry over some pie :pie: and tell him to grow up and never comment on a woman’s weight

2 Likes

I’m in the exact same situation lol. But I dont let it bother me. You shouldn’t either. Give him one of these :fu: and keep eating.

3 Likes

My husband called me a huge bitch but he was joking I laughed and peed a little… it’s just hormones going through you. He said the exact thing your husband says too. They are guys. Learn to take a joke and it will be smooth.

It’s hormones mama he’s joking me and my hubby joke like this with each other we are opposites he’s a big beautiful guy and I’m a twig so we poke fun like that all the time may e joke back might help y’all both laugh about it

4 Likes

You need to calm yourself down :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Just say “And?” and carry on. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Tell him “f off before I eat you because you’re being a pig”. If he can dish it out, he sure as shit can take it.

“I’m pregnant. You’re not. Shut up!”

“Are you growing this baby? No? Then you need to stop now.”

“Fine. Let’s see what the doctors think at the next appointment about all of this eating since it’s such a problem for you.”

4 Likes

What a childish thing for him to do…maybe he doesn’t know what to say…but that is definitely not the right thing to say to a pregnant woman. I am so sorry. I’m direct and would tell him it hurts my feelings and that you are not joking. He may get defensive, but again…childish. He needs to grow up fast…he is about to be an example to his child.

1 Like

Seriously? It’s all fun and games until someone’s feelings get hurt. In which case this is some people here. I got it all the time while pregnant from EVERYONE including my boyfriend. Coworkers and family. Who gives a shit? :rofl::rofl: I didn’t nor should I have cared.

Pregnant or not he doesn’t need to be talking to you like that.

2 Likes

Tellbhimbwhen he can grow a whole new human being he can say anything he wants about how you eat, until then he needs to stfu… I’m 4.5 months pregnant and my hubby would be getting his balls in a vise if he said anything

Is he going to say those things to your newborn or your toddler going through growth spurts? If not then he needs to not say them to you. I know men don’t completely understand were growing a whole new life and it takes a lot from us.

2 Likes

I had a friend who’s husband did this… she ended up adding about a stick or two extra of butter to everything she made for a month or two. Her husband gained so much he couldn’t fit in his pants and then apologized… :woman_shrugging:t2: I think she was brilliant.

8 Likes

Just an idea, but would he be willing to go to a dr appt with you and have the ob explain to him?

1 Like

Punch him. Simple

:upside_down_face: I’m 27 weeks pregnant too so don’t ask me… :joy: mine occasionally calls me a fatass and he knows I hate it. We’ve gotten into serious fights about it. But he explains it’s because of my actual ass is fat (it is…) so I’m not AS sensitive about it as I used to be but I still do say “stfu that’s not okay to say”

Just tell him to ease up. I know it can be upsetting, especially with all the hormones. Ask him if he actually means to be as mean as it sounds. A little communication can go a long way as long as your both open to it.

kick him in the b.lls show him how HIS body changes !

1 Like

Hope he grows up before he becomes a father :woman_facepalming::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

When I was pregnant I took everything to heart and would cry over the smallest things. He might just be kidding around and being playful but I get it I did the same thing

1 Like

Just remember ALL that extra weight will have to come off after you give birth…just snack on fruits abd veggies…

2 Likes

Leave him and child support him.

2 Likes

Tell him if he don’t hush you’ll eat him too . Men grrrr

4 Likes

It definitely doesn’t sound like it’s an insult against your weight or anything, sounds like he’s just giving you a hard time about always eating. Do you eat enough so that there isn’t food if he wants or are you eating his foods? If so, then be more aware, otherwise I truly wouldn’t worry one way or the other.
You say he knows it hurts your feelings, is this because you’ve told him you feel it’s an attack on your body or because in the moment you tell him it upsets you? It sounds like you’re taking this more seriously than it’s intended and possibly coming off hormonal so he may not think it’s an overall problem. Do you two joke about other things? Would he make similar jokes if you did this not pregnant? I don’t think this is one of those cases of him not respecting you, so I think maybe taking a step back from the situation may help you here

3 Likes

My husband picked about it during my first pregnancy. Heck I did too I ate like a dang horse and you could time me too :woman_shrugging:t3:. My second pregnancy I ate just as much if not more and I picked about it. He doesn’t pick on either of our girls about stuff like that either. Talk to him about it upsetting you and hopefully he will ease up.

1 Like

Ur over reacting , it’s just a joke , but there is a extinct when pregnant and eating ,
Eating a day “bc ur pregnant” isn’t a excuse , being pregnant and eating more then u should isn’t a excuse , u should still watch what u eat so u don’t over eat , meaning over eat to make urself sick or get over weight wile pregnancy bc it can be hard with labor , my doctor has told me this , and I’m like wow well that’s rude , and she’s like it’s not safe to over eat due to its hard on labor breathing whatever lol bc there are some women who eat and eat and eat and always have craveings and they over due it bc they say I’m pregnant I’m feeding 2 that’s definitely not true lol being pregnant has nothing to due with it , it’s in the head women think bcbthetr pregnant they can eat whatever and how much ever they won’t but they end up regretting it in the long run , but I’m shore he is just picking and ur emotional , he means no harm , just continue loveing each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

Give him a book or two on pregnancy and tell him he needs to read up and what’s going on with you and the baby. Once he has a better understanding of what’s going on then he has a right to comment on how/what you do with your day. As long as you and your baby are healthy; the doctor is happy with how things are progressing he shouldn’t be complaining nor commenting on what your doing.
Take it easy and try your best not to stress. Be sure to keep letting him know how you feel, keep that communication open. Good luck girl and congratulations on your baby!

He’s stupid and has no clue what being pregnant is

My husband used to judge me for what I ate when I was pregnant it something they will never understand

Here’s a big BIG tip. Tell him to fuck off. Once in a while isn’t going to hurt his little heart. He’s clearly not a pansy and if he can dish it then he can take it.

Honestly you only need roughly 300-500 extra calories a day during pregnancy so you shouldn’t really be eating a whole lot more than normal… Excessive weight gain during pregnancy could be harmful to both you and baby…

5 Likes

Make fun of him back. Tell him you will eat everything and he can starve. Girl your body is going through these changes, and will keep going through them. You sound sensitive and it’s okay, but I do think he is just joking around to bug you. If it bothers you that much, tell him. You need to be open and talk about what bothers you and make him realize how sensitive you are right now.

That’s messed uppppp :sweat_smile: esp if he knows it hurts ur feelings… sounds like an Uber douche to me

I think it’s very important for him to respect your feelings regarding this. You should have a serious conversation about it. Maybe he can’t understand it because he hasn’t experienced this kind of physical change before, but honestly. I became so self conscious while pregnant and was uncomfortable with a lot of the changes that were happening to my body. Everyone just tries to brush it off ‘you’re pregnant’, ‘you’re eating for two’, etc. But it can be very difficult to adjust your self image and see your body change in ways you find unattractive in yourself.

My husband was extremely supportive and still is even though a year later I’m still struggling with my weight, which I never did before I got pregnant. If he were joking about my eating or my size I think it would hurt my feelings a lot.

Sounds like he is really just joking. My husband is the same way then feeds me more food lol and tell him hush get his own food you are busy growing a baby!

Can we just talk about how the whole “eating for two” is not a real thing? That’s the first thing my doctor told me, it’s just an excuse.

4 Likes

Some of y’all are over reacting lmfao :joy: :joy: I’m shore he is just being typical baby daddy who picks around , but some of y’all be tripping , I’m shore he isn’t straight telling her ur a fat ass lmfao , n I’m shore he isn’t going to be a shity parent bc he cracks jokes lol , sometimes over eating is a issue ! Being pregnant isn’t a excuse to always wine ur hungry or have craveings to eat 24/7 I’m pregnant with my sec and both my pregnancy I never went all out over craveings or food , some ppl just eatbbc they think he’ll I’m pregnant who cares lol but there labor ends up so much harder !

Welcome to pregnancy …where slightly hurtful comments can make you bawl like a baby. He is insensitive…you need to make it clear fat shaming is NOT ON and YOUR NOT FAT, YOUR PREGNANT!!! Which means baby is taking from you what it needs to grow, so the body asks for more nourishment…enough for both of you

1 Like

Need go an talk to his Mother

I think he is just kidding and your hormones are going crazy right now which is understandable but is also why you get offended so easily

2 Likes

If every pregnant women took this to heart they wouldn’t have a baby daddy lmfao :joy: :joy: , ur pregnant ur emotional , dudes joke get over it lol , I don’t get upset when my bd says it lol bc iknow it’s a joke an IDC lol

3 Likes

Start feeding him real good food & watch him gain weight. Then call him fat :shushing_face::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Throw your food at him, and make him get you more!!! Fuck that. It takes alot to grow a whole human!!!

Calm down. It’s a joke.

On a side note control your eating before you get preeclampsia… that’s the worst.

6 Likes

Cry. Lol. That’s will fix him

2 Likes

I feel you are letting your hormones take over too much and your getting a bit sensemitive. Not judging all us Mommas have been there, I know I have. Do not wait until you are already offended or hurt by what he says to say something. Sit him down and tell him he needs to ease up on the jokes about weight that it really does hurt your feelings and tell him how you are feeling hormone wise. You have to realize as much as he does that he isn’t the one experinceing the preg so there is no way of him knowing how you are feeling or how everything works. Educate him as well as yourself. Worked for me and my hubs is a huge joker. His way of showing he cares is poking fun, so I was used to it… to a point lol. Just talk to him. Dont get upset when you do. If you want him to know about the oregnancy Both of you could do parenting classes, we did before out 1st and it helped him alot to know what i was going through physically as well as mentally/hormonally

2 Likes

Just be as honest with him as you can and tell him how it makes you feel. Explain to him that if you weren’t pregnant and your hormones weren’t so out of whack you’d probably laugh with him, but right now you’re too emotional for that kind of humor. If he really cares he’ll stop. If he continues you may need to reevaluate your relationship.

2 Likes

Tell him you’re not ok with the jokes because they’re hurtful and mean to you whether he means the jokes to be or not and he needs to stop because it hurts you

Just ignore him and laugh it off, grab more food and eat it in front of him lol. I got the same and by his family also :roll_eyes: lol. Don’t let his opinion get u down :kissing_heart: You eat what you want it’s YOUR body. You’re going to have the most precious, beautiful and most important person in your life soon :heart: don’t stress over the opinions of others.

1 Like

Punch him and kick his ass

This is going to be an unpopular opinion… but when your pregnant, they say baby only needs 500 more calories a day… so if you find yourswld eating all day and all night maybe you are eating too much? I am speaking from experience as I put on 50 kilos with each of my 2 pregnancies and i was “always hungry” but really it was just emotional eating and I used pregnancy as an excuse to let myself go.
Not saying this is what she is doing, but maybe something to think about. He may be seeing something you are not and trying to help you from being unhappy with your body in the future?

I can force someone to understand your point of view, all you can do is educate them and hope they get it. If they dont then all you can do frok there is change how you deal with it. If he doesnt understand it hurts, then maybe try thinking of it differently when he does say something.

4 Likes

Eat him. Problem solved!

4 Likes

My boyfriend done this he was always saying it was my fault I got pregnant and I was always sleeping and would say how id scarf food down bc I eat fast pregnant or not but it made me not want to eat but I had to he never understood and now still doesnt unlike yours he doesnt help me with my babygirl… I’d try to tell him how i felt or feel but I cant bc I cry all the time now and I never cried before. I hope it gets better for you💜

1 Like

My boyfriend did the same thing I just had my first child 3 months ago… I was up eating all hours of the night and day… He even called me fat a few times but when it got to the point where I would get upset about it he would tell me it’s okay you have a reason to be fat right now after a few times of me getting upset and crying I realized that it didn’t matter what he said because I was carrying a child… Eat your heart out hun because in the end your the one creating a new life not him but he’s also putting on weight too… Mine did and I made fun of him just as much as he did me

2 Likes

I would go off and throw something at him and I’m not even pregnant

3 Likes

Tell him that your gonna eat him if he dont shut his mouth :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Lady’s your boy friends are
Not family men they are just useing you

2 Likes

Owen Miller I’ll take some milk and whoreos please

2 Likes

Tell him what you feel and let it be known you are NOT happy about the jokes. It’s not cool.

2 Likes