I am pregnant with an itchy scalp: Advice?

Hey ladies, I need advice! I’m currently pregnant, about 25 weeks, and I swear the further into this pregnancy, the itchier my head gets!! I do not see any dandruff or any signs of rash on my scalp, and I have heard that some women get itchy heads during pregnancy, but IDC I just need to make it stop!! I’m gonna go crazy!! Help?

6 Likes

Does anything else itch?

Glover’s shampoo and tee tree oil may help

Tea tree oil can help. All over body itching can be a medical problem and you need to see your ob.

Organic apple cider vinegar in your shampoo works wonders!

1 Like

Go to the drs and ask them to check for high liver function, there’s a name for it i can’t pronounce it tho lol, i had it with 2 of my bubs and its horrible

Omg last pregnancy I would be so itchy on my chest and legs. I wouldn’t know why. And didn’t know what helps so I delt with it. This pregnancy I swear my chest just itches alot for no reason. And only my chest…like breast area. I’m like what the :face_with_monocle:

Talk to your dr being itchy during pregnancy is not good

I was told that your hair grows at a higher rate and that’s the reason …sounds crazy but that’s what she said …lol

Get a lice pick at Wal-Mart. They are about $5. And a cheap bottle of conditioner st the dollar tree. When you shower smother your hair in conditioner and comb through with the pics comb.not because you have lice but your body is changing in alot of ways. The lice comb gets the conditioner to the roots a bit better.

If it is…just itchy then you may just need a moisturizer… like- coconut oil/tea tree oil/avacado. Whatever you like. If it is extreme…then please contact your M.D. all the best!

Lowered kidney function can cause itch. Please make sure that’s all good

Head and shoulders dry scalp

2 Likes

Talk to your doctor. They did blood work on me cause everything else itch and have to take benadryl just to calm it down.

I got itchy too u might just need allergy meds. I itched all over. I got dermatographia from my pregnancy.

Definitely talk to your doctor for a safe treatment. Hormones can flare up atopic dermatitis in the scalp (eczema).

1. change your shampoo and conditioner to a gentle sulphate free product.
  2. Try mixing baking soda in your conditioner and rub into your scalp . Keep it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse off.
    If none of this works seek medical advice

head and shoulders tea tree oil it works

Tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner!

Hey just letting you know (not to scare you or anything) the main symptom of cholestasis in pregnancy is itching with no rash. Cholestasis typically pops up around where you are in your pregnancy so if the itching gets worse or spreads to other areas of your body, make sure you mention it to your OB.

4 Likes

Cool water, IDK where you live but during this season a lot of people get dryer skin and tend to get itchy. Make sure you condition rinse and cooler water hot water just going to irritate it more

Try adding some baking soda to any little bit of shampoo you have left with some water, mix well and use it, that’s what my hair stylist recommended

1 Like

I got this some during pregnancy but also have scalp psoriasis. Try tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. Scalpicin also works great (check with OB though since I think it’s medicated). Also try Apple cider vinegar diluted with 1 or 2 parts water- will burn for just a few seconds but leave it on for a couple minutes and then itching will be gone. It does dry your hair out though so I wash with a moisturizing shampoo and do deep condition right after using vinegar. If none of that works you can get coal tar shampoo but you have to be careful it doesn’t get in your eyes. Good luck!

I would get itchy during my pregnancies. Turned out the amount of niacin in my prenatal vitamins were causing it. Talk to your OB. It could be something else entirely.

Head and shoulders has a great dry scalp shampoo. Its not good for colored hair tho

Niacin can have many side effects and it will take several weeks for it to get out of your system,

Hands/feet itch? If so you need to see your OB ASAP.

1 Like

Coconut oil on the scalp for a couple hours and head n shoulders

Coconut oil w hairdryer on warm. Wash it out w head and shoulders

I just use head and shoulders and let it sit before I rinse. I used a professional type shampoo and ended up with frwaking cradle cap almost. Just go with cheap lmao

1 Like

Look into ICP in pregnancy

1 Like

Head and shoulders or aloe

Tea tree shampoo by paul mitchell.

I was crushed when my lover of three years left to be with another woman. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help. I threw away so much money - all for nothing - until I hit on thee real thing. And that is Dr edu,You were different from all the rest - you are the diamond in the rough. Thank you from the depths of my soul! I am extremely happy now. I hope God blesses you as much as He has blessed me. Love, Catherine. You can contact Dr Edu for any kind of help because is there to help you Via email: [email protected] or whatsApp him on +2348121760698
Facebook

Wash ur hair with applecider vinegar.

T gel helps with itchy dry scalp. It’s a therapeutic shampoo, is stinks like hell but it’s really worth it. I try to use it 1 a week when my scalp is really itchy and your local dollar store did have it for like 3$ tall skinny bottle and it’s thick and looks like sweet tea by the color

Increased amounts of estrogen and hormones in your body can make your skin dry and itchy!! Even putting lotion on didn’t help me, I’d talk with your obgyn it could be a number of things

I figure its hormones out of wack.

Strong itching can be a serious symptom and can sometimes indicate cholestesis, reach out to your OB.

Toner, sea breeze or witch hazel on scalp .hydrate, drink more water. You feel it more in your scalp but your internal organs need that water and so does baby. Infuse water if you need flavor ,berries have lots of antioxidants for immune support.

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

1 Like