I am pregnant with my 6th child and don't know what to do

I’m pregnant with my 6th child and don’t know what to do. So I recently found out I was pregnant. We take precautions to avoid pregnancy, so it was definitely a surprise. I had talked to my husband, and we had decided it would be best not to have the baby. Well, when I went in, I found out I was 18 weeks, and When they told me that I knew there was no way I would be able to do that. We are not in a position to have another baby right now. Things are very tight as it is. Could we make it work? I’m sure we could. When I brought up adoption to my husband, he was downright against it. He says if we’re going to have the baby, we’re going to keep the baby. I don’t even know how I’d live with myself already having five children and giving the 6th one up for adoption. I’m terrified. I’m already stretched so thin between my other 5, and keeping up with the house and working. I don’t know where I’ll pull the strength or energy or finances for another one. One thing is for sure after this baby is born getting my tubes tied because this is the second time I’ve gotten pregnant with an iud. Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated thank you.

147 Likes

Turn to God he will be there if you let him !

8 Likes

Where theres a will theres a way; count your blessings :heart::revolving_hearts::heart:

8 Likes

You will regret adoption. I would get your tubes tied after baby no.6 and make it work. It ultimately is your decision, but after having 5 kids and not having the 6th, it will likely cause you immense emotional pain as it has to others I know.

8 Likes

My Mom did that with much regret.Make sure you can take care of them.Pray for you.God has a plan trust him.

Just breathe. I am also pregnant with my 6th and number 5 was going to be the last one. It might be a little bit of a struggle but you’ll be fine. :sparkling_heart: I know firsthand it’s scary. But if you guys work together and just stay positive everything will work itself out. I’m looking at it like, one more will be a bit of a struggle, but it won’t kill us…and, I’m also getting my tubes tied. Closing shop. Think of it more as a blessing than a bad thing. Good luck :sparkling_heart:

Your surprise baby will be the most wonderful gift and the absolute perfect blessing you will never regret
#proudmotherofasurpricebaby

12 Likes

It may be tight. But where there’s a will. God will make Away. I had my 4th child and didn’t find out I was pregnant until I was 4 1/2 months. I was totally against it for several reasons. My baby is 25 and I can’t imagine Her not being here.

start saving your pennies now. Go to local food banks. Go to your churches. Rally your friends and family together and have one hell of a baby shower and on top of baby is, ask each person to bring one household item or something. Eli and friends and family 2 bring dishes and help with laundry and the kids when you have the baby. Where there is a will, there is a way. God bless you and good luck.

10 Likes

It’s a person that you will love and adore. Do not kill this child because it is inconvenient.

4 Likes

I was that way myself, had a surprise baby… if your husband is wanting to keep the baby and you there are things that are possible… for me, we’re looking into other jobs that pay higher to help even if it considers us to move… I’ve got a 7 yr old daughter as well and hate to make that choice on moving, but you do what you gotta do for your family… hopefully something comes up for you guys, don’t give up! If you’re needing assistance in looking for work for either one, look into some workforce companies, they’ll be able to help. Plus I was a former case worker assisting in helping look for work. Let me know what area you’re in and I’ll be glad to help :slight_smile:

All babies are a blessing. It takes a strong women to have 5 children work and keep up with the house but god makes no mistakes. Your pregnant for a reason. God Wouldn’t give you this if you couldn’t handle it. Count your blessings.

4 Likes

You will make it work because that’s what we do as parents. I would ask for help whether its family, church or friends. Dont worry you will be okay…just love this little human just like the others!!

3 Likes

Well I suggest you both start looking for better paying jobs or just have him go with you to an adoption counselor and just hear what they have to say you can even choose the family your child goes to

2 Likes

God has a plan for You and your family…If he brought it to you he will bring you thru it!!!

5 Likes

You can do this mama! A baby is a blessing, you’re meant to have this last baby. You’ll without a doubt make it work, because you’re strong! Look in your beautiful children’s eyes whenever you feel down, grab as many hugs as possible. Sending love. X

3 Likes

My mom had seven kids
We didn’t have the best.
But she made sure we was happy. Love will get you threw it

This child is meant to be. The baby has a purpose on this world. If its way past abortion time its meant to be. Trust it

7 Likes

Adoption no way,your other kids will raise this kid,can u imagine denying them all this link.Get yourselves sterilised and respect your Children…

There was a reason God blessee you again. Trust me it will all work out. Have faith

2 Likes

You are a very blessed woman

3 Likes

All can do is your best
Save as much as possible
Coupon
Buy things a little at a time

1 Like

All I can do is agree with Jessie Lynn. This child will probably take care of you and/or your husband in your old age. God doesn’t make mistakes. Bless you.

2 Likes

Dont be discouraged mommy. My mom raised 7 and I’m so thankful that she kept us all. Okay that’s a lie maybe not my 3rd brother but I like the others​:joy::rofl: Little changes will help you. You can do it. Keep your head up

PRAY you will be surprised how quickly you will find the answer as to what you need to do every baby is a blessing from
GOD where there is a will there is a way

You will make it work! Another blessing, there’s a reason God chose you and your husband to have another child❤️most important thing anyone needs is love…

2 Likes

God makes the Impossible Possible. God has different plans for you’re growing family.

4 Likes

My 6th was a huge surprise but an even MORE huge blessing!!!
Hang in there, Mama. It will get better! Enjoy every moment you can while they are little!
Blessings to you and your family.

Your a momma bear! We just make things happen even when we don’t know what to do how to do it we just make it work! You know what’s best in your heart! You got this momma!

1 Like

ask for help, there are many women who would love to ‘grandmother’ your brood alongside you, someone older and experienced and with love to give, probably across country from their own grandkids. And if you belong to a church or community, plenty of folks there to trade off help with the kids and around the house with things you’re good at, so . . .

3 Likes

God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle. It’s meant to be. It will make your family closer. Congratulations :heart:

1 Like

First of all be thankful that you still have your husband because i have a friend and a single mom of 4 and even if she has family members living close with them, she still receives no support. God will not give you anything that He knows you wont be able to carry through. Maybe that suprise baby has a higher purpose in your life you just cant see what it is right now because your heart, mind and body is overwhelm with your intentions to provide properly for this child as well for the others. I know if you really want it you will find a way together with your husband. Jyst take a deep breath for now and pray that the answers come for you soon.

2 Likes

You could always start your own channel :woman_shrugging:t2: You can do this! That baby is with you for a reason. You got this!!!

God says “I knew you before you were born”…

2 Likes

God has sent you a blessing. Would He do that if He were unable to provide for it? Just trust God to provide and relax. My grandmother was one of 11 children and she said the older kids helped take care of the younger ones.

Where there is a will there is a way! Reach out whenever you need help. I know it’s scary not knowing how it will all work out but keep pushing and they always do! Wishing you many blessings!

Is there no way to make the budget work ? How much is child care when you go to work ?
The baby as you know brings it own love and one more will just fit into the routine .
You are very hormonal as you know . Not a great time to make a big decision.

1 Like

Prayer, God has blessed you again. He will,help you, just trust Him.

2 Likes

Try birth control. I call BS because if it’s hormonal birth control it’s virtually impossible. I bet she just didn’t get it replaced on time and it was expired. She is full of shit

7 Likes

Adoption is an option!

1 Like

Things always get tough, but somehow work out in the end. Have faith that everything will be ok, you’ll figure out how to make it work!

I’m a mother of 7 and I’m going to tell you idk how I did it but I did , everyone question was how can you do it my response always was honestly idk , you can do it I promise, I can not tell you it will be easy but you can do it :heart:

Should of just gotten your tubes tied after the 5th. But youll be okay

3 Likes

You got this girl. God has something very special in mind. This babe is a gift for you. I will remember you in all my prayers.

Children are a blessing. Have the baby and do what you need to do to survive. God will provide.

1 Like

God wouldn’t put you to it if he couldn’t see you through it. There was a reason he blessed you again. Yes it will have its trials and tribulations but it will also reward you.
You have to do what is right for you and your family though. Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

1 Like

You made the right choice. Life is hard sometimes but you’ll make it. Prayers.

2 Likes

You will make it through this. My husband died when my kids were 5, 6, 7, and 12. I had zero help for the last 10 years. Doing everything my self, from cooking and cleaning to yard work and car repair. Do you know how I did it? Because I had to. That is the secret. When you have to do it, you find a way. You got this lady!

I’m a single Mother, I have had 10, and IF IF I can some how make it work alone you can make it work with a husband. You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Seriously another “1” doesn’t make it much harder.

1 Like

Get the oldest to help. Everyone has to row. That is the only way, imho. Even the littles can help.

I can’t imagine how overwhelmed you are feeling right now. I think you need to ask friends and family to help you as much as possible with housework, coming to hang out or even taking a couple of the kids for the weekend. Start talking to your ob/gyn about postpartum depression. I have a feeling you’re already struggling mentally.

Leave it in Gods hands…You birthed 5 children and God has trusted that the 6th will not break you.Love for one more isnt hard. God wouldn’t put you through it if he didn’t think you couldnt do it…:sunflower:

4 Likes

I found myself in a similar situation recently, trust and believe that it will all work out.:pray:t5:

1 Like

Between my husband and I, we have 8 kids (2 mine, 3 his, 3 ours). You make it work.
Whats 1 more mouth when you already have a household of 7?
Put a portion of your tax money away for holidays and birthdays.
Shop Childrens Place online for clothes (free shipping no matter what you spend. Always great deals.) I buy pieces here and there from Childrens Place. Even if its a $3 shirt.
Use taxes to do any and all repairs on your car so it hopefully is good for the year.
Round up your bills to get ahead. If my insurance is $62, I pay $70 every month. Then when I have a rough month, I have had a bill for $0 which helped.
Good luck! You got this.

Just take one day at a time.

If you have 5 already 1 more isn’t going to break you I’m sure. Good luck to you. A baby is a Blessing regardless even if it wasn’t planned.

3 Likes

I felt this way when i found out o was having number 4 i had three youngest was 8 and i was getting divorced and i was 35 but i can tell you he has been the biggest blessing to me ever the others grew up when there way and he and i were together and he loves me in a different way then the other kids just so loving and im his world so look at it as god meant for you to have this baby and he will fond a way to help you make it he did me and it was tough.

1 Like

I totally understand I am currently pregnant with my 5th baby and I’ve had so many mixed feelings about this one. Mostly fear of how I will manage. Just like you have done with every other child you will quickly figure it out and everything will work out. I know all the feeling good and bad you will feel, but don’t doubt your abilities and strength. You might not see it now but there is a reason this baby is on its way. Keep your head up and stay strong.

Turn in to your faith. If you were blessed to have another child god won’t let you down!!!

2 Likes

Everything happens for a reason, God makes no mistakes​:pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Hang in there lil momma you got this you have 5 blessings and a 6th one only adds more. Babies are so wonderful you’ll have 5 little ones to help you out… Stay strong you can do.ot.

1 Like

You’ll make it work and you will love this baby just like you love your other children.

1 Like

Where 5 eat a 6th can eat, be strong and welcome this one as you have the rest. :pray:t3:

Seriously? What’s one more? If you can do it with FIVE you can definitely handle one more… When the baby is here you will somehow manage to figure it out one way or the other.

1 Like

My last child was not intended, I also thought about adoption but ended keeping him. He was the easiest of all my children and now is probably the child I am closest too.

Tubes tied and hey you already have 5…this one could be the lucky charm…it will all work out :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Married women! It is not JUST YOUR responsibility to make sure you don’t get pregnant. Tie your tubes and use bc but husband’s should also know that there is another option… VASECTOMY.
Get one! Tell your husbands. Talk to your husbands. Go to a doctor and make an appointment even if it’s just to ask questions before you make that decision. If you’re sure you don’t want to have another baby explore both of your options and seriously talk about it.
As for the baby now, congrats on your new little one. To me, your husband doesn’t seem to understand just how
strenuous it is to carry a fetus to term, birth the baby and take care of them from dusk till Dawn until they no longer need you. I’m not sure what the situation is with your partner, whether he helps around the house or not. If he does, then good. If he doesn’t, then ask him. Tell him that he didn’t want to give the baby up for adoption then you need serious help around the house. Even if he does work a 9-5. Your job is 24 hours with few, if any, breaks between. If your husband thinks you can manage financially, then trust him. But most importantly talk to him. Tell him about his options and ask for help. Stay strong mama! You’re doing great!

5 Likes

Take it one day at a time and get your tubes tied!!!

Encouraging you. A baby is a blessing any time it comes. Keep your baby. It is you and your husband together. Your baby is FAMILY. You may not think you can make it… but you will. If you NEEDED to abort for a medical reason… I SUPPORT YOU. But… financial reasons… you have a husband. And a family. A baby is a gift from God Almighty. Just my opinion. Much love

You’ll get through it! You’re making it with five so you’ll make it with six!

1 Like

God will provide. My folks had 9 children on one income. And although it was a different time God always provided. Keep the faith and keep your baby.

You will be fine. God doesn’t give you what you can’t handle :heart:. Keep every item of clothing, and whatever else you have leftover. You’ve been rocking a family of 7, one more won’t be all that bad mama

3 Likes

One day at a time sweetheart

4 Likes

Babies are a blessing god will make a way!!!

2 Likes

If you ain’t on food stamps or WIC then try to get on them. That’ll help with formula if you’re formula feeding. Babies grow out of clothing fast so never be ashamed of second hand clothing at all. Don’t be afraid of hitting up church pantries for extra food or clothing either. A newborn is obviously to young to let someone babysit, but your other five, if you know family or friends you can absolutely trust let them baby sit once in a while if for nothing else but your sanity. I’m the oldest of 4. We grew up poor and all that stuff I told you is how we survived. Food stamps, WIC, pantries, second hand clothing and just people helping out in general.

2 Likes

Trust in the Lord. He knows what he’s doing.

As my mom always said (mother of 7 of us) “ it’s just one more potato in the pot!” It will all work out.

You manage 5 you can do it with 6. Then tell the dr.to tie your tubes. There are so many resources out there to help with food, clothing, and other needs. Take advantage of them

1 Like

Try going to therapy to help with the stress and anxiety of so many kids. Make sure to take a little time just for you everyday. I know how hard that sounds when you have so many kids but because you have so many it’s imperative to be able to step away for at least thirty minutes a day. Go for a walk or just sit outside. Can’t stress enough you need some you time everyday not just every once in awhile. If all household and baby chores fall to you then you’re gonna have to tell your husband to step it up. Nobody can handle all those kids alone.

1 Like

If there’s a will there’s a way!

1 Like

Every kid comes to the world holding his/her destiny. This could be your turning point dear. Just hold on there and seek God’s intervention. He shall provide!!!

6 Likes

Ahhh honey, it will be allright. One more…the others can share :blush: happened to me but with my 3rd. We were poor but it wasnt because I had one more baby…just be happy. You got this.

Follow your heart Mama. And accept all the help that is available. This little person was sent to you for a reason.

3 Likes

I had two and was devastated to find out I was pregnant with third. He’s my closest relationship of kids

Talk to the lord! He does wonders!

1 Like

A baby is always a blessing from God! God does not make mistakes! He will provide a way just seek him first! God bless you guys!

6 Likes

Prayers sent and if you need someone to talk to in box me I’ll listen

1 Like

Ask the state for federal assistance insurance, childcare, food stamps, cash assistance and whatever else you can get for help! My taxes get paid to help families like yours that struggle so use public welfare please & WIC! :heart::pray: Also see if there’s any public social services in your area that help like any churches or child agencies or community service

I’m not sure how old the other kids are but my oldest has been washing his own clothes since he was 9. My middle son is 7 and my youngest is 1. I have 1 on the way to I know it gets hectic and house work gets behind. However, if they are old enough, have then help u with things around the house. Its everyone’s house so it everyone’s job to help take care of it. I have all boys and the oldest helps clean bathrooms and does laundry. My 7 year old helps fold clothes and he puts his own away. He also gets the task of dusting and vacuuming. Recently we’ve added on wiping baseboards and even the bathroom sink. They all help put away dishes and my dest at times is asked to do dishes and cut the grass. Theres ways a task that’s age appropriate that u can give them to help u out with the house work. I used to be a perfectionist and OCD with my house but I’ve learned with time that it’s ok to leave something without being done if it was a crazy day and u didnt get around to it. Good luck. U will be ok. Just dont stress about it and start now with small chores. Explain that u need the help to be able to take care of them and yourself.

If you are making it with 5 this last one will not make a difference. Babys are a blessing from The Creator! Please dont abort.

3 Likes

Honey I have 6 kids and 1 more on the way. 4 are my step children and I’ll tell u what is not easy but it’s worth it !

You can do this! Are you members of any church or organizations? You can recycle kids clothes, learn to sew and diy the shit out of things! This will work out for you but definitely get those tubes tied if you guys are done haha but yes you CAN do this, the older kids will have to pitch in more at home so everyone works together :heart:

1 Like

Just cut the damn tubes out not tie

God will make a way…every child comes with his luck in hand.
God will provide everything u need from His riches.

2 Likes

Have the baby they r worth it. Let God see u threw

2 Likes

God will provide!!! Congratulations its a blessing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What’s one more? You already gave 5. You already have a routine and it’s not going to cost much more. If you’re that broke remember there are services that can help. How would you be able to look into any of your kids eyes :eyes: if you were to kill their sibling? I understand your concern and fears. Trust me. I have had 10 children. 8 of them within 9 years and they weren’t twins. Now my last 2 were twins. Trust in God. Pray and give all your worries and trouble to God. :heart:

It’s a blessing to be pregnant I wish I could be x you’ll be fine once you see the baby and feel the bond, the love. :heart: blessing others don’t get

Such a blessing! It will all work out!