I am scared that my abusive ex will try to come back into our lives: Advice?

Get legal counselling as to your options, don’t listen to these people saying “get a gun”…that’s not an answer …

5 Likes

Fill a police report and get advice from a lawyer. They are the ones who can tell you what steps to take and stuff

2 Likes

Keep times and dates of every thing, like this incident, and get professional advice please! If it were me I would also inform my neighbors and husband to watch and record incidents as well. Best of luck and well wishes, hope it never becomes more of an issjw

He has almost no chance, trust me. No judge is going to let him have access to that kid. Especially if he’s had nothing to do him for so long. Don’t even worry

2 Likes

he terminated his rights, it’ll be near impossible for him to get them back. but please get some kind of protection for you and your family. you admitted he was abusive, and seeing another man caring for you and your son may send him over the edge

First of all, definitely call the police WHILE he is there… Then find an attorney to do whatever is necessary!! Some States require that any action such as that be filed in the State you live in as well as the State it was issued. I am a paralegal and I will tell you PLEASE do not take advice on social media!!! You need legal advice!! Don’t take any chances!!

2 Likes

Call the police ASAP!! Get legal advice from a lawyer. I don’t know about your state, the laws vary. But generally, once a parent signs away their rights, they can’t get them back. Get police help now though. Don’t put it off.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure once the papers go through its a done deal

2 Likes

Because it sounds like you got a stalker on your hands

3 Likes

I contact bikers against abuse

1 Like

No ma’am. He can not get his parental rights back. If he shows up again, I would get a restraining order.

2 Likes

In the eyes of the law-whats done is done. He has no more rights to your son than a stranger on the street. You don’t need to worry honey🙂

Escaped exhusband with son, moved thousands of miles away, got divorce terminated his rights, exhusband didnt know I divorced him nor did he know he had no rights to my son. Let police know about him as soon as I moved to new area. Lifetime restraining order so police had to be aware. Found out where we were…went into a panic every scary thought when through my mind. Let my lawyer know let the police know…stayed aware of my surroundings at all times. For my case he wasnt able to get my son. Please contact police first n foremost. Write down times n places you see him, take pictures/video. Let someone you totally trust know to keep an eye out for you n your home. As far as a gun that’s your choice. I didnt get one. Always remember you NOW have control over what happens and only you. DONT let him get in your head once you do then you’re giving him control. YOU have the strength within you, you’ve already proven that.

Be proactive!! Protect!!

3 Likes

Contact a lawyer ASAP

2 Likes

Take appropriate actions sooner than later just recently here in Vancouver, WA a mom lost her life sitting in her car at an elementary school with her kids in the car. She was killed by gun shots and her mom (grandma) was shot in the passenger seat but survived all by the hands of her abusive ex husband. She had a restraining order and local police new about him but that didn’t stop him. So so so sad.

2 Likes

Call the police,Lawyer and get a gun. A big gun . He is a stalker now

3 Likes

Once they’re terminated there is no getting them back. Might be time to get a restraining order and to start keeping a journal of everytime you see or hear from him.

6 Likes

No he can’t get any parental rights back. I would call your son’s ad litium!! They will know what to do. You and your family have the right to live peacefully; they maybe able to put a restraining order on him if he continues to stalk you!! Be prepared at all times to defend yourself and children as legally permitted!! If your ad litium is no longer active in the court system call your local prosecuting attorney’s office and seek their advice!!

4 Likes

Pfa. If they grant it, and he gets that close again, he goes to jail

You in Texas? They don’t play when it comes to a parent that is unfit. I would get a restraining order. I would also talk to your kids (son)…I feel you should prepare them for to the possibility of him coming back into y’all’s life… especially when or if mom isn’t around. I would also get some kind of defense weapon. God bless and stay strong…:blush:

1 Like

I dont believe he can get his parental rights back. Id sure get restraining and report to police you fear for your and your child s safety

1 Like

No he can’t but do report to have in record…

2 Likes

Police. lawyer. Whatever legal papers wont stop him. get you a secret bodyguard because coming back into your childs life is not what he is there for get a gun and learn how to use it …too many sad stories starts like this .

No if he has terminated his rights that’s it. I think I would talk to the police about him though

3 Likes

He absolutely won’t get his rights back and I’d go straight to the court for a restraining order for stalking and harassment and then to the gun shop. No joke.

2 Likes

That is good advice Janice

Go to the police get a victim advocate and get a restraining order.

4 Likes

I don’t believe he can under the circumstances you listed, it sounds like your main priority at this point is him stalking you, if you haven’t already report the incident, judging by what you have said and knowing abusive patterning ect, he wants something and has started stalking you to get it, honestly if you have a gun use it,if you don’t have one get one and don’t go anywhere without it

I don’t know the law in your country. But you can’t be afraid forever. This time you get ready for the worse, don’t play nice. Most of all be brave.

Get restraining order and get a gun just in case

2 Likes

Please inform your sons school. Let them know what’s going on.

6 Likes

That is terrifying…report it, get a restraining order. Get cameras, the whole nine yards.

2 Likes

Have ur new husband adopt ur child & then that would end it 4 good

4 Likes

Report the situation to the police see if you can get any type of protection/ restraining order, get a gun, warn your kids to stay away from that man & report to you anytime they see him.

Go to the police and file a report that.u saw.him it’s just too coincidental hed be right across the street.like he.might be stalking.u be careful go to the police

1 Like

Get a GUN a restraining order is JUST a piece of PAPER protect your family at all costs

1 Like

No his rights are terminated. But I’d get an order of protection for all of y’all.

Get a restraining order, and every damn time you see him call the police that is stalking

1 Like

Tazer, pepper spray, knife, gun, stay alart at all time, and use them. Make sure he don’t come back. Problem solved…

You need to contact your lawyer and discuss this with them. Also if he was at a neighbor, find out how they know him, explain your situation briefly, nothing negative but that his parental rights were given up and after 5 yrs he suddenly appears at their house and why was he there? If they ask why, son’s safety. They may be spying for him, feel it out and be brief without being negative, they may be gathering info for him. Maybe the lawyer can dig into them also. Restraining order is just a piece of paper (get one if told by lawyer) defending yourself is the best and preparing your son and school if he tries to contact either without you around and stranger danger (no matter who they say they are) teach him to scream for help aka FIRE always gets people’s attention or even the word RAPE. Teach it as it’s for all strangers and take legal steps to protect you and kids. Last I heard Texas is a stand your ground state (shoot to kill if life is in danger). Check into it and take a class on gun safety and go to a shooting range.

You should file a report and then request for a protection order so there is a paper trail, if you have a gun use it if he shows up at your house, if you don’t want to carry a gun then use pepper spray. Also need to inform anyone that cares for your son, school, daycare, ect, make sure they have copies of everything…

Once rights are terminated he has no claim to your child
Getting a restraining order is probably your best bet but until he actually does something directly to you or your child I don’t think you’ll be able to obtain one
In the meantime I wouldn’t live in fear, I’d strap up & watch my child and my back at all times.
If he approaches you let him know that you no longer fear him & that you’ll protect you and yours at all cost

He has terminated his parental rights FOREVER.

Get restraining order n hopefully that helps

Get a restraining order and a gun. I never leave home without protection. I don’t have an abusive ex, but people in this town are so mean.

Have a consult with an attorney and you might want to think about a restraining order. I’m not sure about the state you are in, this area I live in is notoriously difficult to get an order. You virtually have to be bruised and bleeding when you go in front of the judge. The magistrate will certainly give you a temporary restraining order if you feel threatened. It’s when you go before the judge it becomes evident really quickly who’d side he’s on. I had photographs of the nasty,brutal, and disgusting text messages he had sent me, all 30 of them sent all night long the say he was served. The judge’s attitude was a “boy’s will be boys” and of course your ex husband didn’t mean to say he was going to rape you with a baseball bat and then shoot you in the face. Domestic violence deaths of wives, girlfriends, and children are happening all the time. A woman is the most vulnerable when she begins her exit plan. Open an newspaper and you will see this going on everywhere. Be careful and especially watchful of your children. Do you know how to use a gun? If you don’t have one now is the time to consider getting one and take a trip to the shooting range. Sorry this is so long. I let a personal experience kind of carry me away. Good luck and stay strong.

Be sure that if your oldest is in daycare or school that they know not to let him check him out or pick him up for any reason

Get a gun first then get ahold of the police and get a protection order. And yes protection order is just a piece of paper, but that way it is in writing with the courts. And when her doesn’t follow the order his ass will be thrown in jail. I went through it. It seems like a hassle but I had 7 years protection from my ex and didnt hear from him at all until 2 years ago. I told him to never call me again and he hasn’t. He has moved on to his next victim. Please be sure and watch your surroundings especially at night and dont let your children out of your sight. I pray you listen so you won’t have any further trouble with him. :heart:

I would move now he know where you live make a report to the police and move your family somewhere you can live a safe life

I will say the best that happened to me in the year (2019) am so thankful for what Dr goko did for me Dr goko help me to get my ex lover will have been together for 2years and some of had spell on her so will started having serious problem so she broke up with me and left me for another man so I did everything to get her back noting work so I did research online and I saw a testimony of Dr goko help have help many people around the world so i gave him a try and things work out and my ex lover came bsck to me and beg for my forgiveness if you need your own lover back kindly email Dr goko for help who will help you put an end to your problem on contact him via Email address: (Dr.gokospellhome12@gmail. com) big thanks to Dr goko